springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:54 am

Post by springlullaby »

You are barking up the wrong tree.

Xtoxm's claim undermine my reasoning about Huntress because it would have required Jebus' scumgroup to have a killing power.

I'm okay to vote Goat.

Unvote, vote: Goat.

Pointing out here that Goat's 338 is again a lot of parroting from my 335.

As for my defense, I may have done myself a disservice by being lazy, but then again I don't think any of the questions I haven't answered to make for a good case.

If you guys are being genuine, you will have no problem in formulating a proper case first. Then I'll answer it.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:55 am

Post by springlullaby »

Clock you need to make a vote.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Unvote Vote Goat

That's L-1?

Goat would be my lynch of preference today, I think. Hunt/Wolf, hammer?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Huntress »

Not without a claim, and I still can't see the case against him. Anyway, I think it's only L-2.
Springlullaby wrote:If you guys are being genuine, you will have no problem in formulating a proper case first. Then I'll answer it.
In post 280, I wrote:To summarise: I think you are reaching a lot here. You are making assumptions then basing your case on those assumptions rather than the facts and throwing in a lot of theory to hide the absence of actual evidence. You accuse me of not having strong opinions or convictions and yet up to now you have had very few yourself, despite the fact you've been here the whole game. Your attack on me almost looks as if you thought you'd found an easy target. I assure you that you haven't!
I've also pointed out about three attempts at role-fishing while she was saying she didn't want a mass-claim. That and other points are in post 307.

I'm willing to lynch either EA or Springlullaby today and I should be around right up to the deadline.

I've also been wondering whether a no-lynch would really be that bad in the light of what's been claimed today. If we do have two information roles we should learn something, either directly or indirectly, even without a lynch.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I don't really understand exactly why I'm being lynched. Xtoxm is pushing me from a meta read that he hasn't explained and shouldn't be relevant either, considering he's played 1 game with me, I was scum in that game, and my play in this game has been absolutely nothing like it. I asked him for clarification twice on it, and he has not explained it. Apparently now I'm being pushed as scummy for asking Xtoxm questions on his claim. Sorry for not immediately accepting it. For the record, I asked him those questions because if his ability was an activated ability, I was going to vote him since his predecessor's were inactive and should not have been around to submit them. Since he "just gets told" I'm willing to give him a pass for now.

I think Erratus is scum. I wasn't sure on him after yesterday, and I thought he came into today fairly pro-town, despite the fact that he was pushing for my lynch. However, as the day has continued he's been pushing worse and worse logic to try to bolster his case against me. He's trying to create more to it than there really is, in order to get others aboard. In addition, his logic for supporting mass claim was awful. I don't see Erratus coming to those conclusions as town. Now that we know the cult recruits, and that they cannot recruit officers, I think Erratus is a good bet for Cult Leader. Mass claim had the potential to wreck us, based on what we now know. People could have easily claimed officer/non-officer without any realization of the implications of it. So when I see Erratus supporting this with awful logic, it reconfirms my belief that he is scum.

As for Springlullaby, I seriously don't know whether or not she is scum or just really paranoid town. I've personally experienced that same mentality as town before, where I'm suspecting of people who agree with me. However, it only happens when I'm not strong in my beliefs in the first place. If I strongly believe something to be the correct path of action, and someone else agrees, I do not suspect them for that alone. If I'm weak in a belief, I question myself, and thus also others who agree. The problem is that I can also see this mentality as scum. As scum you are not strong in your beliefs, because they are wrong. Hence, you would be "suspicious" of people who agree with your wrong ideas.

For now, though, I'm leaning scum on Springlullaby simply based on two factors.

1. Hypocrisy. She just accused me a second time of parroting her post--338 parroting 335. Read both of those posts again. While there is minor overlap in what we say, I'd hardly call it a parrot. I have many different points in my post and discuss different topics altogether. Even if my post was a direct parrot of her post, she still needs to establish why that is scummy. She gave an answer, I responded to it with a strong reason why it was wrong, and she has not responded to that, despite my constant prodding.

The reason there is hypocrisy here, is that people have been parroting each other all throughout the thread,
including SL parroting my own reasoning on pushing Gremwell
! She needs to explain why my parroting is scummy, and why other parroting is not. She needs to really explain herself here, because it is near impossible to go through a game of mafia without someone parroting someone else at some point during the game. Trying to use this as a point of basis to suspect someone is awful. It happens every game, and there's no real correlation between two players agreeing and restating each others points, and the person who agrees being scum. I have asked her to answer these questions and more quite a few times and she continues to refuse. The fact that she's attacking me for parroting her ideas, and refuses to address the fact that she earlier on parroted my ideas and how that relates is just ridiculous.

Secondly, she continues to dodge the questions I presented to her. Of course, it doesn't matter if she answers those questions, as they obviously don't make for a good case on her anyway. :roll:
Springlullaby wrote: I don't think any of the questions I haven't answered to make for a good case.
This is ridiculous. I'm trying to scum hunt, pushing you for information, pushing xtoxm for information, etc. and the end result is both of you not answering my questions and instead lynching me?

Look through the thread. How do my actions benefit me as scum? How do my actions suggest that I am scum? I'm one of the only players actually trying to scum hunt, but apparently I managed to step on enough toes to get lynched.
SL wrote:If you guys are being genuine, you will have no problem in formulating a proper case first. Then I'll answer it.
Where is your proper case on me?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm going to claim that I'm a power role, but I'm not going to claim what it is. Part of the reason I opposed mass claim (despite it being anti-town) was because my own role becomes much less useful if exposed. I even pointed that out, but nobody responded to it, or even acknowledged it.

I think we really should be lynching Erratus, although I would also support a Springlullaby lynch.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Unvote Vote Huntress

There is no advantage to NL. Just lets the SK kill and Cult recruit. Only scum wants NL.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm: While you are here, mind answering:
I wrote:Xtoxm is pushing me from a meta read that he hasn't explained and shouldn't be relevant either, considering he's played 1 game with me, I was scum in that game, and my play in this game has been absolutely nothing like it. I asked him for clarification twice on it, and he has not explained it.

I think Huntress is a bad lynch. She's established very pro-town behavior throughout the game thus far.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well tbh I don't know what I think anymore. I found your not accepting of my claim very scummy (seriously, how am I scum with this claim?)

But your explanation does kinda make sense...EA was fitting into my town view of him now i've played him a couple times but i'm not sure, but gotta make sure we get a lynch in today.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I think the way you went about claiming was fairly townie, which is why I'm backing off. As for your role itself, I don't see it as being an alignment indicator at all. A role that knows how kills were made is easy to fake if: A. You're a SK making the kills. B: You're part of a mafia team that doesn't control a kill.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:52 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Just a couple thoughts for this moment, but Xtoxm seems to be awfully opertunistic with his votes. And I know I don't like the solicited hammer from him.

I agree with goat that the claim was done in a pro-town way but I am still not sure because of the things I have pointed out above.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Ythill »

The Tally

2 ~ Goatrevolt (Erratus Apathos, springlullaby)
1 ~ springlullaby (Huntress)
1 ~ Erratus Apathos (Goatrevolt)
1 ~ Huntress (Xtoxm)

Not voting: ClockworkRuse, crywolf20084, militant

D3 Prods: Huntress (1); springlullaby (1); militant (1); crywolf20084 (1).
Extended Deadline: Wednesday, December 17 at 18:00 MST (GMT -7).

Deadline hits in less than five hours
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Huntress »

Xtoxm wrote:There is no advantage to NL. Just lets the SK kill and Cult recruit. Only scum wants NL.
The SK can kill and the cult can recruit whether we have a lynch or not. I'm perfectly happy to lynch someone I suspect may be scum but I think we've got to the point where we don't have to lynch for the sake of it so I'd rather not vote for someone I think is townie.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:44 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Goatrevolt wrote:I think the way you went about claiming was fairly townie, which is why I'm backing off. As for your role itself, I don't see it as being an alignment indicator at all. A role that knows how kills were made is easy to fake if: A. You're a SK making the kills.
B: You're part of a mafia team that doesn't control a kill.
This is still assuming that the mafia can't kill.

The way I see it, if we are looking at Xtoxm-scum, he could easily lie to force the town to look for more scum. Saying that the 'mafia', the mutinous little scalawags, can't kill and can only recruit would benefit them.

I am not okay with EA being the lynch for today. Huntress has been coming off pretty pro-town to me to.

Goat, you've already hinted that you are a power role so I don't see why you don't just claim. Also, if we don't lynch we only help scum. It makes no sense not to lynch. I don't like your attitude toward either of those.

Vote: Goat
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Huntress »

Unvote
Vote: Erratus Apathos

This won't make any difference unless the missing players turn up and vote, or switch votes, but it's worth a try.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Vote: Erratus Apathos

I have looked over everyones posts and he and Xtoxm stick out of the most to me. The only thing that saves Xtoxm from a vote was his claim.

I will have a post for everyone tomorrow. Now I must go back to studying.

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by Ythill »

And so the watch went: a handful of hung-over scallywags arguing hunches as you sailed southeast, burning ships and pillaging along the way. You’ve skirted the Lesser Antilles at the edge of the Caribbean, but have not quite spotted Trinidad when your conversation begins to grow more dire. The captain’s mood is sour and someone is sure to hang…

The arguments are still raging when Morgan’s voice struggles to boom over the creak and crash of his old vessel. “I’ve never, in me long an' savage career, seen such a pathetic band o’ pied an’ pretty sea ladies as yerselves. Three weeks I gaves ye! Three weeks an’ then two more days ta boot, an’ what decision did ye come ta? Nota one, that’s what!”

Remembering Mitey’s explosive exit, the crew is silent, but Morgan doesn’t reach for his brace. “I’ve 'ad it up ta me earlobes with yer belly-achin’ an’ yer carryin’ on! I’m goin’ ta me cabin an’ I’m drinkin' me some rum an’ getsin' me some shut-eye an’ aint none o’ ye better bother me none. An’ don’t do no dyin’ neither.

We’ll have plenty o’ that on yer next watch!

No lynch has occurred. It is now Night 3.
Night Action Deadline: Monday, December 22 at 02:00 MST (GMT -7).

The Final Tally

3 ~ Goatrevolt (Erratus Apathos, springlullaby, ClockworkRuse)
3 ~ Erratus Apathos (Goatrevolt, Huntress, crywolf20084)
1 ~ Huntress (Xtoxm)

Not voting: militant

Overall Prods: Huntress (1); springlullaby (1); militant (1); crywolf20084 (1).
Night Action Deadline: Monday, December 22 at 02:00 MST (GMT -7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Ythill »

It’s been more than four days since Morgan sent everyone below decks. For most of it, the Scum’s been anchored off Trinidad. Some of you have used the longboats to slip into town for refreshment or to sell off your share of the booty. Others have slept fitfully, rising only to lounge on the deck or take a quick dip in the clear blue Caribbean.

Last night, after the last supply run was complete. The captain and a skeleton crew of volunteers weighed anchor and unfurled the sheets; the Scum was piloted to deeper waters east of the Antilles. The islands faded from view. Those of you who were sleeping awaken and emerge to see nothing but the vast Atlantic in all directions. Morgan is at the wheel and, uncharacteristically, he’s whistling to himself.

“Good mornin’ sissies,” he barks cheerfully when he spots you. Eventually, someone finds the courage to ask him what’s got him feeling so chipper. “’Twas a fine leave,” he says, smiling. “Now, it be still true that yer mates are a bunch’a ladies with no stomach fer the noose, but it seems the loyal among ye aint the only ones too lilly-libbered fer killin’.”

A quick head-count verifies Morgan’s claim. “Not a body died last night,” he says, “but I gets the feelin’ this may be the calm before rough seas. In other words, a body best be dyin’ on this watch. Now gets ye ta yer posts, an’ starts ta figure who’s the dogs among ye, cause I expect a hangin’ today, come hell er high water. Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh!”

There were no deaths last night.
The fourth watch begins. With eight alive it takes five to lynch.
Automatic deadline: Friday, January 9 at 14:00 MST (GMT-7).

Having considered all opinions, I have decided to increase the automatic deadline period by four days. This is due to the holidays. However, I expect all of you to continue to abide by activity requirements during the holidays, unless you have posted a V/LA notice in the thread.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I want a full claim from Goat.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Xtoxm »

NL yesterday was horrible...
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

I want a mass claim. NL yesterday was horrible, and no NK leaves us in the same position as we were in yesterday. If/when we mass claim, we'll get information on each of the supposed roles and we'll go from there.

Just so everyone knows, Thursday I'll have how LA I will be next week with work because I know I'll be pushing forty hours (at my part time job. . . . .) that will only be for next week. I know I won't be here much tomorrow, xmas eve, and day.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I think MC is best, yeh.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

You already have my role. I was blocked again.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:28 am

Post by militant »

ClockworkRuse wrote:You already have my role. I was blocked again.
Hmm, that's weird.

Anyway, I support the idea of mass claim. I am going to claim now and you shall see why soon.

My official role name is quarter master. I am in charge of making sure everybody behaves on the ship. Each night I can lock one person in the "brig" which makes them immune from night kill but also stops them from using their own abilities. I am effectively a jail keeper but the name has been changed to suit the game. Night one I locked up Gremwell but there was still a death. Night two I locked up Clockwork which would explain him not being able to use his night action. Now, this is where it gets interesting, on Night three, I blocked Goat and there was no kill. Whats also interesting is that Clockwork again claims to have been blocked unless of course there is another roleblocker, a mafia role blocker perhaps. I thought it necessary to claim because I think Goat is mafia.

I like Xtoxm want a full claim from Goat. I will be active from here on in.
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:24 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

And I have already claimed. I'm a Powder Monkey. Effectively I'm a vanilla townie.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”