Normal Game Changes (New Year 2024 Update)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #119 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:12 pm

Post by Gypyx »

i mean, yeah it's clogging up the queue kinda, but also, normals aren't like opens / themes, one doesn't really differentiate from another in signups, apart from size i guess, so there's not really any point to splitting it up? It would even dilute the queue imo
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:20 pm

Post by Gypyx »

what i meant is more like, 2 mini signups would now compete with one another, especially considering most minis are relatively normal apart from the menace to society mods that you mentionned
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:21 am

Post by Gypyx »

like you've said, a time limit feels really superfluous for normal games, there's not really much difference between one signup to the next one

otherwise, while i agree with the point about limit larges to 21 players, i kinda wanna play devil's advocate and say that in practice we rarely get games that go above that limit, and saying "no you can't make this 24 players, but with 3 less players it's cool" is a bit weird of an end result for that

if our main worry is about larges, which this kinda seems to be about in the end, maybe a queue specially made for "whichever normal fills up first" could help? Of course this would help with minis at first since they're smaller, but i feel like a part of the reason as to why minis get filled up easier is just that people often default to it when they don't care about what to play

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:23 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 125, DragonEater70 wrote: I definitely support keeping a slot exclusive for mini/micro simple/regular games.

21 players sounds like a good limit for Normals. I also won't oppose 19 as a limit though I can see why others might.
problem is that 19 isn't a super elegant size for setups

generally sizes go like this in terms of alignement ratios :

2v7
3v10
4v13
5v16 (21p)

you would need to ironically make less "normal" normals to run 19p setups

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:40 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 130, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 126, Gypyx wrote: if our main worry is about larges, which this kinda seems to be about in the end,
maybe a queue specially made for "whichever normal fills up first" could help?
Of course this would help with minis at first since they're smaller, but i feel like a part of the reason as to why minis get filled up easier is just that people often default to it when they don't care about what to play
What exactly do you mean by that? Like allowing multiple larges to simultaneously enter signups but letting players say "in for whichever fills first"? Because I don't think this would be enough to counteract signup dilution and would probably result in the same signup times as if we just had one large in signups, except with the illusion that games take longer to fill because they are simultaneous.
i meant more like you can sign up for the mini, for the large, or you can say "I don't care just get me in whichever starts first"

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:51 pm

Post by Gypyx »

yeah i do agree you can make normal sounding roles with combined, but like, the thing is still that creating a whole new role is a bit outside of normal expectations imo

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:09 am

Post by Gypyx »

Weak is imo a modifier that kind of "takes over" any role you're putting it on, like yeah, you're sending out a message with that but you're pretty much always playing a Weak Doctor / Weak Rolecop / Weak whatever the same way

meanwhile like, Combined, even if you restrict it to "reasonable" normal roles multiplies the possibilites by a lot, and if a role gets enough demand to have it done in normals, just give it a name and make it an actual role, like an Alien just being a combined Roleblocker Rolestopper

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:23 pm

Post by Gypyx »

#MakeArsonistNormal

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by Gypyx »

honestly that's fair, i get that once you add something there's really no point to stop

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by Gypyx »

which would be bad

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:11 am

Post by Gypyx »

yeah basically it's the same as convincing the reviewers that a Town Full Bulletproof is absolutely balanced

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:22 am

Post by Gypyx »

I think a full bulletproof would also require around zero clearing power for town on top of that if you want my balance opinion (tm)

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:27 am

Post by Gypyx »

let's not say more about it then (smile)

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:35 am

Post by Gypyx »

Role immune is not a modifier, it only makes you immune to a certain role's actions and doesn't offer anything else

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:40 am

Post by Gypyx »

i think i like Juggernaut being the highest level of attack one can get in normals

It would be like having a modifier made to see through Ninja

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:51 am

Post by Gypyx »

I think the logical way to resolve it is to say that like, since Ninja / Juggernaut are a modifier on the factional, you're not really targeting them with the Ninja / Juggernaut role, henceforth Ninja/Jugg immune simply does nothing

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (isolation #16) » Sat May 11, 2024 6:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

Normalize the best friend role

thoughts?

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (isolation #17) » Sat May 11, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Gypyx »

if we include the interations where it was made with the informed modifier that's 3 games

there must've been a theme with it but i'm sadly not enough of a site veteran to know

bottom text

Return to “Mafia Discussion”