How much should mods help VCA?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Do you like it as town when the mod puts additional info in VCs?

I love it !
33%
It's cool, don't personally use it
27%
I don't care
20%
Actually i dislike it in one way or another
20%

Total votes: 15

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

How much should mods help VCA?

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:11 pm

Post by Gypyx »

This question kinda arises from the lack of standardized information required on a votecount, as far as i'm aware most people just put votes and a warning when someone approaches the execution requirement, but that's it, and i'd argue the warning is mostly a way to help with game integrity and avoid accidental hammers

but, and while it's more rare, a lot more things are done here and there, linking to the individual vote, tracking everyone's vote through the day, coloring confirmed alignements in one color or another

this is all great, and certainely a lot of help towards VCA, but my issue is mostly that all that strongly favors the town

in short, the question boils down to if the data scraping part of VCA is viewed as part of the expected work town is supposed to do or if the mod doing it still doesn't cross the expect line of neutrality one should keep when moderating

I'm curious what the "ideal mod" would look like, i myself don't really have any opinion
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:53 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1, DragonEater70 wrote: I think mod should facilitate VCA, which btw can and does get used by scum. The official modding guidelines require the mod to post VCs, and my interpretation of this is that this information is meant to be as accessible to the players, and is not "optional" if that makes sense.
i do know that it can be used by scum, just that imo it's still a fairly townsided tool
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text

Return to “Mafia Discussion”