Expanding Confirmation Phase

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Expanding Confirmation Phase

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:05 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Yes yes, I'm bad at naming threads but TL;DR I am proposing we make it more common to confirm global game information alongside confirming your role. The information is global, everyone should know it so make sure everybody knows it.

I dislike dumb-tells (or possibly known as derp-slips but I dislike that term) with a burning passion. Dumb-tells are when you say something stupid that you should know or something that only scum definitely know but town might not etc such as whether a mafia PT is 24/7 or particular aspects like inherent multi-tasking etc. These tells are
usually
pretty insubstantial as arguments, but I still see them as a risk to game integrity and could completely destroy somebody's game in particular setups such as a wolf accidentally scum-claiming because they overlooked a simple thing that should have otherwise been known.

I feel that during the confirmation phase of a game, the global information of the game such as whether or not scum have day-chat etc should also be a part of that just as a precaution to keep game integrity as secure as possible throughout as many games as possible. These slips aren't natural, they make small annoyances at best and could break games unfairly at worst.

For most games this isn't a super important thing but it's for those edge-case games that this would really affect, and I don't think it's to much to ask for players as it's a one time event at the start of each game.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:06 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Thread rename suggestions always welcome :sweat_smile:

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:43 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

That doesn't work as well as you'd think it does, most of the time when it goes wrong it really goes wrong and that's not something you can realistically enforce to not talk about when it's in the lens of it being a scummy thing as opposed to something to town-read people over. As it's the former that's the issue moreso than the latter.

If somebody claims an impossible role because of a rule they accidentally overlooked, you can't expect town to just ignore that because of a ban of talking against dumb-tells

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:44 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 6, Firebringer wrote: People will always find a way to dumbtell.

Speaking as a very dumb person here.
Yeah but it doesn't hurt to minimise the impact

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “Mafia Discussion”