How much should mods help VCA?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Do you like it as town when the mod puts additional info in VCs?

I love it !
33%
It's cool, don't personally use it
27%
I don't care
20%
Actually i dislike it in one way or another
20%

Total votes: 15

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:39 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I think mod should facilitate VCA, which btw can and does get used by scum. The official modding guidelines require the mod to post VCs, and my interpretation of this is that this information is meant to be as accessible to the players, and is not "optional" if that makes sense.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:42 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1, DragonEater70 wrote: I think mod should facilitate VCA, which btw can and does get used by scum. The official modding guidelines require the mod to post VCs, and my interpretation of this is that this information is meant to be as accessible to the players, and is not "optional" if that makes sense.
i do know that it can be used by scum, just that imo it's still a fairly townsided tool
Right but my point is, if you take your argument to its logical extreme, maybe we shouldn't have VCs at all sonce they help town by preventing town from accidentally hammering and by preventing scum from faking accidental hammers.
HOWEVER, it has been collectively decided that since this is public information anyway, it is not only okay for a mod to supply that information but in fact
required
of the mod. And an extension of this logic says that ideally, mods would facilitate access to public information as much as possible and would never intentionally reduce or deny access to that public information (such as by intentionally omitting it from VCs), even though it "favors the town", because it is simply not considered "undue influence". Quite the opposite, it is considered "desirable influence".
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:53 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 10, yessiree wrote: That means not increasing the frequency in response to increased activities, and vice-versa
I disagree with this (though I agree with the rest of your post). The VCs are supposed to reflect the actual movement of votes in the game, and if I usually post a VC every 12 hours but there's a 6-hour period with 3 successive flashwagons, I do want players to have access to that information of how the wagons looked without having to look at the votes post-factum and create their own VCs, which defeats the point of even making VCs as a mod in the first place. I don't think that this robs players of agency any more than posting VCs at all "robs them of agency". But again I agree mods shouldn't spoon-feed players info.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”