Why did newbie games end?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:23 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 8, KayJayQueue wrote: All the suggestions here seem to be what new players can do to help themselves be more accepted and comfortable instead of looking at how the current players treat new players in these games.
I think this is a valid impression to have, though the degree of reach out and acceptance of new players can vary a lot depending on the player list.

I'm always happy to run a newbie setup if someone requests it, and as a mod will indicate the game is expected to be newbie friendly. I think as more time goes by since the Newbie Queue existed members may not remember the expectations for newbie friendliness.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 13, KayJayQueue wrote: Yes but you’re putting the onus entirely on new players with your perspective. It shouldn’t be our job to capitulate to more seasoned players and their unfair treatment because it’s a social game. I’m happy to meet in the middle of the other side were willing but in my limited experience here, that’s not likely to happen. The reliance on meta is crippling.
The suggestions about finding a cohort of players who are also new-ish to join games with is a good one. I was part of the 2013 cohort when I joined this site, and I still make a point of signing up for games with other players of that era because we forged friendships and still enjoy playing with each other. The Newbie Queue helped new players find each other, but it definitely wasn't the only way to find sympatico players. Look at the join dates of players signing up for a game you're interested in. Look at which games players that you do like playing with are joining. And maybe branch out from the normal queue if that's where you're mostly playing.

I'm thinking about throwing a newbie style game into the Open Queue sometime soon. I'll let you know about it if I can pull that off with other stuff I'm committed to right now.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 17, KayJayQueue wrote: If anyone at all wants to run a newbie game, I’d love to join.
I'll PM you when I'm ready to /in a newbie style setup in the Open Queue. Maybe in a week or so.

Idic

Return to “Mafia Discussion”