Why did newbie games end?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:27 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

you're right about meta being anti fun and kind of dumb.

some players use meta to poe down a player list and its so annoying to play that its just not very fun. i would even say its the dominant form of play for many people on this site.

i dont really have a good answer for you about how to find enjoyment in the game if you are dismissed because of stupid reasons.

it happens all the time - you either figure out a way to have fun with the game even if people dont listen to you or you do something else with your free time.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:30 pm

like you can have a completely right solve but because people dismiss you because of <insert dumb reasons here> you just lose.

you gotta find a way to be happy with that outcome because it will definitely happen to you.

conversely you can be completely convinced you've got a right solve and you end up winning because you got ignored and someone else's solve was right and they managed to convinced the rest of the town to to along with it.

you still win along with them in that situation.

i dont think winning or losing is that important - its all about having fun playing the game and enjoying the journey.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:44 pm

i realize 30 might be overly critical of players who heavily use meta.

i should add some context - i myself very much use meta all the time. I am familiar with a large number of people on this site and i know some of them very well to the point that i am probably not going to misread them like at all except in very rare circumstances(shoutout to my boy Bell)

and it is tough to treat every game as a blank slate when you know your friends so well. like im not going to forget all my knowledge of how my buddies play just to start from scratch because it makes no sense to do that.

so me and you if we were in a game together and both town aligned might approach solving a slot a different way - and i probably would be dismissive of your read of a slot if i think i know better how this player behaves in a multitude of situations because I have experience with them that you simply lack. and yea thats not an even playing field nor is it fair but i dont know if theres like an easy solution to fix that.

you're right that its unfun and not a good situation - i hope your experiences get better. in my experience the vast majority of players on this site are playing in good faith and wont just outright dismiss someone because they are a "newbie" etc.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:51 pm

i think if you stick around for a bit you will find people you enjoy playing with and it will be a fun experience - you will start signing up for the same games together and eventually build a decent group to play with.

at least i hope that happens.

it always takes time in the beginning. :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Mafia Discussion”