UPick Queue (Closed)

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #93 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:31 am

Post by Jingle »

/in to mod

Game Name:
UPick Your Post Restriction
Number of Players:

Backup/Co-Mod:
The Worst
Reviewer:
I'll Find Someone
Setup Link:

Player Experience:
No,
Bingle
plays the mafia. I just check the metres.
Moderating Experience:
I won the Mad Scientist scummy in 2022.
Current Modding Commitments:
I'm backup/co modding a large for cook, but nothing directly.

Hydra: Not today, old chum.
Alt: Most definitely. In fact, I encourage you to make a gimmick alt to match your submission.
Playerlist discretion: Please self police not playing with people you don't like to play with as much as you can. If you have an issue with a single player who signs up after you, I will decline their in. If you have an issue with multiple players who sign up after you please simply /out from the game.

Deadlines: Barring role related changes, Days will be 7 IRL days. Nights will be 48 IRL hours. Prods will be 36 IRL hours. Deadlines may be relaxed or extended, on either a global or individual level, due to Pick submissions. It is possible but unlikely that additional phases may happen, in which case deadlines for such phases will be publicly announced as soon as the existence of those phases becomes public knowledge.
DayTalk: Yes
Bastardry: I will guarantee that your role PM is complete and true at the time it is sent out. All other forms of bastardry are theoretically possible, although I will attempt to be reasonable with said bastardry and the bastardry will always be related to a role or mechanical portion of the game.
All Post Restrictions will not apply to PM communication with the moderator. Any PM based moderator communication is privileged. If I cannot answer a question, I will tell you that I cannot answer the question.

Exceptions to site rules:

1. I reserve the right to modkill any player who would normally be force replaced due to inactivity. Post restrictions and replacements don't mix well. If you want to replace as normal in this game, I will, of course, facilitate a replacement to the best of my ability.
2. I reserve the right to make roles that may allow players to communicate via moderator with players outside of the game. All outside communication must include the game moderator.
3. I reserve the right to make roles that allow players not part of the game to post to the game thread. Anyone with permission to post in the game thread will be notified explicitly by the game moderator.
4. I reserve the right to have undue moderator influence in the game, specifically as it pertains to post game start moderator decisions required by individually created roles.
5. As this is a UPick, roles will be designed AFTER picks have been submitted. In the unlikely case that my reviewer is unable to complete a timely review (within 4 days of final setup submission) I reserve the right to start the game without reviewer approval. This will be publicly noted if it occurs.

On signing up, you must send a post restriction to the moderator. You will receive this post restriction. Roles will be created and assigned based on the perceived difficulty of maintaining the post restriction in a mafia game. Failure to meet your post restriction will result in any penalties afforded by your role, and then immediate vanilla-ization.

Potential post restrictions in order of difficulty.

You may not use the letter Q.

You may not post gifs.

You may not use the word mafia.

You must compliment another player in every post you make.

You may not use the letter e.

You may not use the quote function or otherwise specify a specific post you are referring to.

You must post 50000 words per day.

You may only post 15 words per IRL day. (Words are any string of characters separated by a space.)

You may only post words appearing in the song We Belong by Pat Benatar.

You may only post words appearing in the song We Belong by Pat Benatar, in order, restarting when you reach the end of the song.

You may only post GIFs, and said GIFs may not contain words.

You may not post in the game thread.
Last edited by Jingle on Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #105 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:49 am

Post by Jingle »

No, but she is GIF. The 12 was me thinking I could specify a user in the code bracket and have any text link to that userpage, which apparently doesn't work. I used 12 because the GIFs couldn't contain any words.

Did anyone ever actually find out who she was?
found it, nvm.

To make this topic relevant, I now have 4 pre-ins. If you haven't already, please send me your post restriction as soon as you decide on one so that I can start designing roles and get the game going with as little delay as possible. You may also choose to CC the worst, as he has generously offered to be the co-duck of this abomination.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #108 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:50 am

Post by Jingle »

As a reminder, my setup is not yet approved for signups. Anyone who has /inned in this thread has been noted as a prein, but please send further preins via PM to avoid queue clutter.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #115 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:12 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 111, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 110, Gypyx wrote: UPick queue fell off

We had like 26 people join the anix game, and it isn't enough to launch yet, so that makes it easier to stall out for sure lol
AniX's fault for trying to run a 121 person game, tbh.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:19 am

Post by Jingle »

I just noticed that no where in the op does it specify that the games in this queue have to be mafia, and in fact the only criteria is that they be UPicks. The era of non mafia UPicks is approximately the next two weeks.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #144 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:08 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 135, AniX wrote:
EXTRA BONUS SPECIAL Now in Signups...

Game Slot 3
Moderator:
fferyllt
Game:
Stranger Things uPick

Game Slot 4
Moderator:
Jingle
Game:
UPick Your Post Restriction
  1. KayJayQueue*
  2. Ranger*
  3. Dannflor*
  4. Firebringer*

Jingle's UPick was submitted as a 15 Player game. :shifty:
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #145 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:24 am

Post by Jingle »

Doctor Drew
Ranger
Skygazer
jjh927
Dannflor
Gypyx
Vanshed
Klick
PookyTheMagicalBear
KayJayQueue
Firebringer
Radical Rat

This is the list of players [13] who have /inned in thread or preinned by PM for my game to the best of my knowledge. I'll be sending out a mass PM to ensure everybody gets their ducks in a line. Expect to receive a PM tonight regarding your post restriction choice or lack of submission.

RH9 has generously agreed to be my reviewer and at least one person not on this list has expressed interest, via PMing me the word "Interesting", so we're almost at go time. If you are interested in playing, only 2 slots remain by my count, so we should be able to get this off the ground soon.

Unfortunately, this weekend is a vacation weekend for me and I plan on spending it thoroughly in the whiskey pocket (trademark pending), so actual gamestart isn't likely until Tuesday.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #154 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:33 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 153, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: /in jingle if there’s space
I believe that this is hammer and I’m still missing 3 restrictions.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #161 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 159, AniX wrote: Skygazer will check and launch the Jingle game shortly!
To be clear, I'm working on the setup already and have all picks in. If you'd like to change your picks, please do so as soon as possible so we can get this party started.

I haven't received confirmation on whether my exceptions have been approved, and if that's the hold up I will be able to present the actual setup in the next couple of days to get that approval.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope to get you posting not whatever you want to post soon!
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Queue”