Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2022 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:23 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2021, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: The strongwilled part would be interesting on a strong PR but i don't think it's worth trying to leash it
I don't even know how you would determine a target based on thiz without multiple people outing if they have a strong pr role or not, which does not seem like a smart thing to do.

I think they should just focus on who they want to protect, and if the strong-willed part is beneficial, then that will be a neat bonus
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6520 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:31 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Gg all!

Bell, Im sorry for alt slipping and abandoning you :oops:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6521 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:31 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Burglary results:

Cirno - Block of Ice (Nothing)
Daiyousei - Nothing (Nothing)
Miko - Earmuff (Miko neighborizes 10 people)
If clownpiece (miko) had been burgled, it would have just made a new main thread lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6525 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 6522, Yukari Yakumo wrote: 10 people separately*
Oh.

That would have been a nightmare actually. Lmao
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6528 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:07 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 6527, Daiyousei wrote: Will there be any sort of revelation of the player list
+1 for this question
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6542 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:52 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 14, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 1239, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 1154, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 1147, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: That hyperposters are getting the occasional side-eye doesn't actually matter when the only wagons with more than one vote this game have been "bottom half of the activity count + Kagerou"
This is only a problem is zero of the scum are in the bottom half of activity count. Which is not something that I am actually worried about on Day 1 of a mafia game.
After sleeping on it I'm not a big fan of the goalpost shifting of "The hyperposter townreading isn't happening ok well actually it is but it isn't a problem"
Sigma rule #47 - Shift the goalposts from "People are townreading hyperposters" to "People aren't wagoning hyperposters" and then accuse your opponent of shifting goalposts if they get swept in your flow instead of immediately noticing you're shifting goalposts
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6546 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:00 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 71, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 6217, Aya Shameimaru wrote: Can I get a new Kagerou too? New puppy for my Birthday?
Imagine if we got a new Kagerou and she instantly voted Yuuka again due to feedback
The ending this game deserved :lol:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6547 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:17 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 6535, Bell wrote: I forgive you Lukewarm, just don’t don’t hold it against me when I alt slip the next time.

It was so lonely without you as a security blanket. No idea if we would’ve won or lost with you in it, but I missed you.
Having The Most Town Read Player™ go from having you as their strongest town read, to thinking you could be scum due to a brain transplant is certainly a switch up lol.

But yeah, I don't know if we would have won without Ali pointing Aya at Spiff.

A lot would have been different (I would have gotten a cop result night 1, I would have commuted night 2 which is when they tried to kill me, and I would not have claimed to Kaguya), but I dont know that any of that actually adds up to more then Ali helping kill scum night 1.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6559 (isolation #8) » Thu May 02, 2024 4:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Spoiler: Links to Noms
In post 34, Bell wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
2024/04/24 Bell Lady Lambdadelta Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition Lady Lambdadelta had a full game solve and was personally responsible for 2 scum deaths. She had a redirector ability and correctly predicted that scum would try to shoot Koishi and redirected that shot toward the deep wolf on N1. Extra style points because she was role blocked but the mod gave her character the thematically appropriate priority action as part of her abilities (Aya is the fastest Touhou character). By successfully redirecting the shot, she cleared herself and the player she defended as both were fairly heavily suspected Day 1.Without this, town would have likely lost on day 3. Later down the line, in melo, she took control of the elimination and correctly killed the stronger of the two remaining scum players. This made it significantly less likely I would pick incorrectly in elo. She also pointed the finger at the last scum, Reisen before dying and had pretty much compiled a case for scum Reisen. Overall, just really solid play and some of her more subtle strengths came through in how she supported the town in melo, it shows up more often in her scum games usually
In post 36, Lukewarm wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
2024/05/02 Lukewarm Lady Lambdadelta as Aya Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition LLD was the only reason that town managed to win this one. I think that this is the closest thing I have ever seen to a single player carry in the team game that is mafia.

LLD had a one-shot redirect ability. On night 1, in a thirteen player game she both guessed the scum kill target (1/12) and a member of the scum team (3/12), such that she was able to target the NK and redirect into the member of the scum team best positioned to be the deep wolf. She made a 1 shot redirect into a cop and doc on her first target, a vigilante that killed scum, and cleared herself. This was not a happy accident, this was her exact goal, and she nailed it.

All around her, town was eating itself alive. The town managed to mislim 4 days in a row, with zero scum eliminations. The game would have already been lost at that point, if not for her redirect play from night 1. But thanks to the redirect kill, the game was at 5p elo, with cleared LLD taking the reigns. And she promptly identified both remaining members of the scum team, declared which should die that day, and made the case on who was her partner.

LLD managed to strong arm an otherwise dysfunctional town into a victory that no one in the dead thread saw as possible.

I don't think I have ever seen a carry more deserving of a Moment of Brilliance award then LLD's from this game.

Bell and I both nominated her, but if you agree go nth!

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”