Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:20 am

Post by Maximumum »

Glad I picked fire! Can't believe we lucked out with a Reality TV question! The first candidate fired was named David Gould, the geeky looking one with the glasses. (LOVE that show!)

ANSWER: DAVID GOULD
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:52 am

Post by Maximumum »

Since I can't have feast....I'll take,

Category: Famine
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:33 pm

Post by Maximumum »

Locus Cosecant wrote:No one should counter-claim a false copclaim, I guess... it would be criminal not to try some sort of strategem.
Locus is just trying to find a fail-safe way for the Ratite faithfuls to come out on top, that's admirable but I don't agree with his plan.
Letting a false cop claim go unchallenged is dangerous.
Just one possible scenario:

- mafia false claims cop today, noone challenges because of the "plan"
- we allow this false cop to be the only one to answer
- he does not take his night choice...no death
- comes back next day and claims a guilty result on someone innocent.
- innocent claims but, hey, we have cop info so who will listen?
- we allow that false cop to answer correctly again because his cop claim seems substantiated
- meanwhile, innocent person is lyched
- flavor reveals the lynchee is innocent
- mafia cop knows they are outed, so night kills (becoming victim #2) OR does not kill and claim insanity hoping that we are that gullible.

And that's just the way I figured Mafia could use Locus' plan to their advantage, but I could be wrong.
Only four people didn't get to use their night choice, if they had one, Coron (dead), inHimshallibe, mneme, PookyTheMagicalBear, Jaguar (for Quagmire). Is there a way we can use that to our advantage?

(P.S. Thanks Raccoon, this is becoming quite educational! Good luck with the move)
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:07 am

Post by Maximumum »

Locus tried to come up with a plan. It was a flawed and time-consuming plan, but at least he was thinking. For a first day bandwagon there are better candidates (lots of lurkers to choose from).

As for willingness to give up two townies for one mafia while implementing that plan...considering the uniqueness of the roles of those who have already perished, I think it's safe to say there are some pretty creative roles out there. If we lose a few more it could be very hurtful. What are the chances of the mafia targeting two plain townies?

What is a target swapper anyway and why would Coron not want to use that power in the first night?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:14 am

Post by Maximumum »

I know the answer to the Famine question but are we just going to answer or are we going to implement some sort of plan with answering? This was suggested by Jaguar before the questions came out.

There are only two people in my category anyway, so it won't help much to isolate us, but I'll wait anyway.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:31 am

Post by Maximumum »

Since an answering strategy seems unlikely for this round...

Answer: Bono of U2

Actually, I heard on the radio that his original line had been given to someone else for the remake and that artist was really excited about doing Bono's part. Then Bono was approached with the project and was thrilled to do
his[/his] line again. What are they going to say? "Sorry, BONO you can't have YOUR line, we gave it away"? He is BONO!

(ok, not really as informative as Raccoon, but if anyone needs any information about the Irish Potato Famine, I'm your girl ;))

I agree that MoS's "skimming the thread" comment seems like a scummy thing to do. If he was just glancing at the thread and not really paying attention to the discussion it could be he is mafia just waiting for the question to make sure he gets his night kill. However, he didn't jump on the Locus bandwagon either, something a skimming scum might have done.
FOS: Dragon Phoenix
for jumping on any bandwagon that happens to start. Little too eager to lynch without reasons.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:01 am

Post by Maximumum »

I was also puzzled to see AndrewS' post. I thought he was waiting to post because I said I thought I knew the answer but I was waiting in case some strategy was formed. I figured after I posted my answer he would follow shortly thereafter...which he did, but with the wrong answer? That was very odd.

As for examining who picked what categories.
Quick Reference (hope I got everyone)

Italic=wrong answer

inHimIshallbe:
Air
, War
mneme:
Air
, War
PookytheMagicalBear:
Air
, War
Jaguar:
Air
, Death
Flying Dutchman: Earth, War
Locus Cosecant: Earth, War
Phoebus: Earth, Death
Thoth: Earth, Pestilence
AndrewS: Fire, Famine
Maximumum: Fire, Famine
Dmi: Fire, War
Leonidas: Fire, War
PeaceBringer: Fire, Pestilence
Save The Dragons: Fire, Death
Bengel54321: Water, War
Dragon Phoenix: Water, Death
Internet Stranger: Water, War
Mastermind of Sin: Water, War
Quailman: Water, War
Raccoon_TOF: Water, Pestilence

Don't know if anyone can find any useful information in that. I also noticed that both of the people who were presumably killed by the mafia (Coron died differently) were both in the "Earth" category last round. Could there be some killing restrictions based on category as well?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:41 am

Post by Maximumum »

Sunny Bono was in U2?
My answer clearly stated that it was "Bono of U2", one of the most well-known bands in the world. Are you saying you've never heard of U2? Andrew, I highly recommend them if you are looking to broaden your horizons.

I had already stated that I knew the answer, why would I then come out with a "joke answer"? I bolded my answer knowing it would be permanent, then you put down your "joke answer" after thinking I had done so. You didn't know the answer so you DIDN'T "intentionally select wrong". Had you
known
the answer then put something else down THAT would have been intentionally selecting wrong. If you haven't heard of U2, it's not likely the answer would have magically popped into your head. You answering wrong wasn't really a noble gesture or proof of your innocence.
But...
I understand why you took Famine if you had knowledge of the Irish Potato Famine, that was the first thing I researched when I picked that category. Luckily, being a "child of the 80's", the Band Aid question was right up my alley.

Seriously though, Joshua Tree...Rattle & Hum.....Achtung Baby... give them a try. ;)
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:00 pm

Post by Maximumum »

AndrewS wrote: I am an ensign assigned to sickbay. Every other night that I correctly answer, I have the ability to protect one member of the crew from being nightkilled.
You "intentionally select wrong" when you have a protecting role? You say that it's every other night that you answer correctly. Knowing that your role could save someone I would hope you would do more than skim the post that had the answer to your question in it.
Since you got the first question right, you got to use your role last night but then have to wait two more nights before using it again, and that's only IF you got the questions correct? Is that right?
If so, since you got this question wrong you would have to get the next two questions right in order to protect someone on night four?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:57 am

Post by Maximumum »

Welcome back Coron...

We can't ask you about your previous role, but did you see a bright light? Were there dearly departed relatives waiting for you? Was there a sense of well-being and peace?

Just curious ;)
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:55 am

Post by Maximumum »

So, there were only three players who didn't get their answer right...and one of them was lynched, leaving us with just a pair. There were the same number of deaths without their night contributions. PB and Raccoon are looking pretty good right now.
Taking out Andrew, although good, didn't seem to change the night death situation at all.

thrawn, could you explain this statement?
thrawn1020 wrote: The problem was partially that he had the only vote on AndrewS for almost 2 pages, among other things.
Are you saying that IS having the first vote on Andrew made him a target? And what were the other things?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:58 am

Post by Maximumum »

I forgot to pick a category

category: present
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:52 am

Post by Maximumum »

I just noticed that all the victims came from the same answer category again (War this time, Earth last time). Now, that may just be a coincidence considering the majority of players came from that category, but it maybe something more. There just might be killing restrictions based on category.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:53 pm

Post by Maximumum »

I seriously doubt the deaths are a result of a Vig. The death were described as extremely brutal and violent. That sounds more like the work of an insane person, not someone out for justice.
And as for the category coincidence, each night the two that died in the same, not as violent, method (presumable by mafia) were in the same group. It was the victim of one of those more violent deaths that was the anomaly. It still may have some significance.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:16 am

Post by Maximumum »

Would now be a good time to start thinking of an answering strategy, or would that be a waste of time too?
The way the game is set up, we control who has power at night. There has to be some way to use that to our advantage. By limiting the number of people who answer we might be able to reduce the number of players who die at night.

No ideas about the SK.
The one player I'm most suspicious of is Dragon Phoenix. Besides category picking/answering, his posts have consisted of quick votes and bandwagon jumping. Very little content, just sitting around hoping to lynch someone...but oddly enough wasn't one of the votes on Andrew, confirmed mafia.
FOS: Dragon Phoenix
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:16 am

Post by Maximumum »

I only know the answer for the Past question. No clue about the others.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:30 am

Post by Maximumum »

Of the two claims, Dmi's is definitely more likely.

Vote: CoronII

As for the answers, I'm pretty sure Marino was the QB.
I've watched the Disney version of gift of the Magi, and read the Muppets version to the kids. I wasn't sure how close those stories were to the actual story, but the watch chain shows up in both stories.
In Disney's, Mickey sold his harmonica to get Minnie a chain for her watch. Minnie sold her watch to get Mickey a case for the harmonica.
In the Muppet's, Kermit sold his watch to get Piggy a hair clip, Piggy cut her hair to get Kermit a watch chain.
That answer seems like a good bet.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:07 pm

Post by Maximumum »

Dmi wrote:I think we need to limit in the endgame.
Right now we're probably just going to hurt the protown roles.
Since we lynched according to Dmi's claim, we can pretty much say that the majority of us believe his claim. Therefore, we want him to answer correctly and investigate again. The problem with limiting the others is the possiblilty of tying the hands of a necessary protective role that could get us the results of Dmi's investigation tomorrow.

Dmi's last investigation had Coron visiting Leonidas, who was killed by freezing in his cryogenic pod... not the violent death. If Coron turns out to be evil (as we all hope) then chances are good he wasn't the SK. If everyone answers, we could lose three people again tonight. If we can't think of a way to limit the answers it just seems like THAT is helping scum. It's so frustrating but Dmi may be right, now may be too soon to limit the answers. Like he said, it may have to wait for the endgame.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:01 am

Post by Maximumum »

Dan Marino held the record for touchdown passes in a season, the record that Peyton did break. I'm not sure about the passing yards record. Dan has a ton of records though, so chances are good that's right.

I don't know for sure if this is the answer, but StD seems to know the story.
So,
answer: watch chain

How could the muppets be wrong?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:50 am

Post by Maximumum »

Locus must feel really popular right now, or at least he would if he wasn't dead.

category: Tennille
She was always my favorite part of the duo.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:00 am

Post by Maximumum »

I have no clue about either question. Sorry, I won't be much help. (I knew
I should have tried other spelling variations when researching.)

Should we discuss an answering stategy?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:34 pm

Post by Maximumum »

If Dmi was lying about his role, he sacrificed a fellow mafia member to gain our trust. Coming out today with an investigation that cannot be confirmed would be a good way to maintain that trust for a little while longer. Saying he investigated the guy who was killed (twice) means there is no information for us to lynch on to confirm his validity. I'm not saying that Dmi is lying but I can see why there would be speculation about him, especially since it doesn't seem like he was targeted last night.
His information yesterday gave us a scum lynch which is good regardless of his affiliation. We have to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
As for the answering strategy, I'm all for limiting the correct answers. If we limit the number of people who answer we could limit the number of innocents killed, extending the life of the town.
I like Quailman's theory about the SK being someone who has answered correctly each time considering there has been a kill each night. Since I've no clue about the answer to my question anyway, I have no problem being one of the people who doesn't answer.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:52 pm

Post by Maximumum »

As I understand it Dmi's role is a tracker, not a full cop. He gets information about someone's night activities (if they left their chamber & who they visited at night) so if the person visited ends up dead chances are good the visitor is evil. I don't think he actually gets a "guilty" or "innocent" investigation. If we limited everyone but Dmi then he would have noone to track and we would be in the same situation we are now.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:17 am

Post by Maximumum »

I think the thrawn bandwagon is a little hasty since his observations of Dmi, a claimed cop who wasn't targeted at night, were valid. But that doesn't mean I'm going to answer just because the guy who is getting bandwagoned says I can based on a dice roll that wasn't even posted.

The Dmi dice roll is confusing to me.
The dice roll came up 5,3,2. The list has me as #3 and #3 was rolled (at least it shows that on my computer), and yet I wasn't on the list of people who wouldn't answer. Dragon Phoenix was, but he was #4.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:20 am

Post by Maximumum »

Thoth wrote: It seems obvious for the SK to not kill tonight if he is indeed one of those 6. What would be interesting is when the SK does kill tonight. In that case I would highly doubt him to be one of the 3 that answered correctly.
If there is an SK kill after splitting up the six then we can be pretty sure one of them that answered correctly is the SK. That group of six was narrowed down because they are the players who have answered correctly each day, and subsequently got to use their role at night. The SK has made a kill every night so it stands to reason that he/she has answered correctly each time.

Answer: Alfred E. Neuman
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:54 am

Post by Maximumum »

The rules on page #1 wrote: Players (both good and bad) submitting incorrect answers to the day’s trivia question will be denied their night choice by the central computer. I would hope that this will be clear from the relevant flavortext, but it’s important enough that it bears stating flat out.
It is highly unlikely that our Mod would create roles that would intentionally break his own rules. I believe it was brought up before that perhaps there are players out there who are immune to the computers need for right answers. I personally doubt there are any.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:05 am

Post by Maximumum »

It's a shame we lost our tracker.
So narrowing down the SK suspects didn't save a good guy last night, but it certainly seems to have helped us today. I don't buy the idea of the SK having a partner.
We are down to just two players who have answered correctly every time. I put an FOS on DP a while ago because of his lack of posting and contributing. Of the two suspects that are left it is more likely that Dragon Phoenix is our SK.
Quailman was the player who initially came up with the "SK capturing plan". That could be a clever diversion if he is the SK, but why try and eliminate suspects for his own role?

Category:
please
Hammer
don't hurt 'em
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:42 am

Post by Maximumum »

Ahhh! A ghost!

We implemented a plan yesterday to flush out the SK. The plan assumed that the SK was the mangler and killed each night. The plan seemed to have worked since the mangler struck again, but instead of saying we narrowed down the suspects we are changing the assumptions we made about the SK in the first place?

Now we are saying that since the mangler struck again he can't be the SK. Now we are supposed to believe that the two mafia groups have different ways of killing people, but the SK copies one of the mafia groups. That is just not logical.

We asked three people not to answer so we could prove they weren't the SK. All three complied. There was a mangling death and you are STILL going to vote for one of the players who was unable to use their choice last night. I'm not saying that Bengel coudn't be mafia, but I doubt that he is the SK.

After the plan yesterday we were left with just two people who answered correctly each night, DP & Quailman. Quailman is now saying that he is a roleblocker who blocked DP at some point so he couldn't be the SK. We are taking Quailman's word for a lot of things here.

Here is a thought....perhaps Quailman IS the SK and knows that if we lynch DP and he's not the SK we will be down to just one SK suspect. Knowing he has just talked his way into a corner he is backtracking from his plan as not to reveal himself. Quailman wasn't a prime suspect yesterday because it was he who came up with the initial idea to go after the SK, so if he is the SK killing last night wouldn't have been so dangerous. He could always post "it can't be me, I was the one who came up with the plan", which he has done...more than once.

I still believe that one of those two is the SK. If one or the other isn't lynched today I suggest that neither one of them answer correctly today.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #29) » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:47 am

Post by Maximumum »

I know the answer to the Hammer question. Anyone have any thoughts on the Arm question?
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:27 pm

Post by Maximumum »

Answer: Mickey Spillane

I think that's how he spells his name.
So, now DP is claiming cop? The two people who have answered right each time and who probably shouldn't have answered to continue with the plan of catching the SK BOTH answered.
Very interesting.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:26 am

Post by Maximumum »

Seven players left, two killing groups among them. Things are not looking good.
category: decker

decker?...I don't even know 'er
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:55 am

Post by Maximumum »

Sorry, this stranger has no knowledge to impart.
It's been a long time since I've watched anything on the WB and even longer since I've seen that movie.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:34 am

Post by Maximumum »

OH yeah! That's the dad from 7th Heaven. Ok, now I remember him in that movie.
answer: Stephen Collins

I think that's four on MoS. He is dead without a claim.
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (isolation #34) » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:30 am

Post by Maximumum »

Sorry, no idea about the question. I never watched that show.

Are we all supposed to pick a pie? If so,
category: pecan
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:31 am

Post by Maximumum »

Oh, sorry. Posted the same time as Fuldu. I'll wait for my pie.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”