Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Just so you know, yes I do have info on kills, but i'd like to let everyone else check in before I say anything.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:58 pm

Post by Huntress »

That's odd. If Crywolf wasn't a townie then why did she react to Gremwell's claim the way she did? It doesn't seem to make sense.

I'm just looking back to see who was suggesting that the cult/mafia didn't have a kill, and to re-read posts by, and about, EA and Crywolf.

My top suspects are still Clockwork and Springlullaby, who
still
hasn't answered my questions.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:55 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm not making any bets on who militant blocked last night. I wasn't informed of a block on myself, but I also didn't use an ability, so it's entirely possible. I don't feel comfortable confirming anyone based on who we think Militant may have blocked. I think Huntress would have been the obvious block target, but I'm not willing to bank on that being what actually happened, especially since Militant was a jailkeeper and not an actual roleblocker.

Anyway, I reread the thread. I still think Huntress is the Serial Killer. I think Springlullaby is scum of the mafia/cult variety or serial killer if Huntress is town.

The interaction between Springlullaby and EA is telling. Day 3, Springlullaby expressed suspicion of EA based on his "confirm vote" on me, but when the end of the day came around, she was interested only in lynching either myself or Huntress. Again, yesterday, springlullaby suggested she was suspicious of EA's claim, but the entirety of her attack was directed at Huntress and myself, based on a very subpar reasoning (pairing two players without any knowledge of either alignment). This acknowledgment of EA being scummy, but no real pressure or action against it seems scummy.

With the death of Crywolf, the number of possible serial killer suspects is down to Springlullaby and Huntress (Possibly Xtoxm, but I'm pretty sure he's town based on his play yesterday). I think we'd do fine lynching either of those two today, although I feel springlullaby is probably a better option, simply because she's a decent possibility for either scum team. Jebus getting night killed could actually point to Springlullaby as serial killer, simply because Jebus called her out as scum the day prior.

I'm hoping CR investigated Huntress last night. I doubt Huntress as serial killer would have the same vanilla role name as Gremwell.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:17 am

Post by springlullaby »

I hope it's a vig kill.

Huntress, I repeated 2 times that I would answer your questions if you agreed on presenting a case on me properly. If you were town and really convinced I'm scum, surely you would do everything possible to convict me. But you see, you can't because if you were to sum up your question they would amount to nothing.

Here I'll be fair, you asked a question in your last post accusing me of rolefishing.
I'll point point out here that I'm pretty sure I already answered to it the first time round saying that I was not. People can judge.

Right now I'm thinking Goat SK, Huntress cult.

Goat SK because of EA, I'd say he was probably not lying about his results and trying to get rid of the competition.

Huntress cult because she is just scum and I just don't see how it could be otherwise. Namely, what was that thing again for arguing against deadline yesterday? It is a moot point now, but arguing against deadline extension is just totally wtf.

I'm not letting clock die today, because I still don't see how it makes sense for him to be cult.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:25 am

Post by springlullaby »

Goat, if you are Sk, claim. I'd rather deal with cult first.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:26 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

springlullaby wrote:Goat SK because of EA, I'd say he was probably not lying about his results and trying to get rid of the competition.
It's pretty obvious he was lying about his results. Do you honestly think I actually targeted Jebus, but yet managed to pull out inconsistency after inconsistency in EA's story? If I had actually targeted Jebus that night, I wouldn't have had the same vigor in catching EA's lies, because EA wouldn't have actually been lying so there wouldn't have been anything to catch. Also, note how EA completely stopped posting and refused to debate with me. He knew I had him nailed, and didn't want to post in thread because there was nothing he could say to refute my arguments against him. Do you think an EA who legitimately had information on me as the serial killer would lay down and die like that?

Also, you may want to read post 455. Or if you've already read it, perhaps I can invite you to not conveniently ignore it any more. Let me know what you think.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:38 am

Post by springlullaby »

I think I find it odd you are looking for serial killer, not cult.

Either way, your reasoning doesn't add up because you somehow find me scummy because of a link you see between EA and myself, suggesting mafia, then say that I'm serial killer. So which is which?

As for EA and you, I think you are reaching because I thought both of you were scummy, the only fault I could be accused of would be being indecisive.

Then I'll add that giving my claim, it is odd for you to not ask me to prove it so I can confirm myself, instead of going directly for the lynch.

So yes, this is your last window to claim if you are sk or not.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:53 am

Post by springlullaby »

Goatrevolt wrote:
springlullaby wrote:Goat SK because of EA, I'd say he was probably not lying about his results and trying to get rid of the competition.
It's pretty obvious he was lying about his results. Do you honestly think I actually targeted Jebus, but yet managed to pull out inconsistency after inconsistency in EA's story? If I had actually targeted Jebus that night, I wouldn't have had the same vigor in catching EA's lies, because EA wouldn't have actually been lying so there wouldn't have been anything to catch. Also, note how EA completely stopped posting and refused to debate with me. He knew I had him nailed, and didn't want to post in thread because there was nothing he could say to refute my arguments against him. Do you think an EA who legitimately had information on me as the serial killer would lay down and die like that?
The problem here is, why would have him lied only to get himself lynched the next day?

If cult were on the verge of winning yesterday, then with today's death it is still a straight win for them, no?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:06 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

springlullaby wrote:I think I find it odd you are looking for serial killer, not cult.
I'm looking for both. Try reading my first post today again. I'm not sure what you're trying to imply with this either. You are accusing me of being the serial killer because I'm hunting for the serial killer? I'm interested in hearing you explain how that makes any sense. It would truly be in my best interest as Serial Killer to try to lead the town towards hunting the serial killer. Am I right?

Also, I make no sense as serial killer. I told you directly to read that post (455), and you pretty much have ignored that completely, still opting to try to call me out as scum with some of the weakest arguments I have ever seen.

I think your posts today demonstrate pretty clearly that you are scum of some sort. As scum, you need a couple of mislynches to win at this point. Why you're trying to go for me I have no clue, but it's obvious that you're at the end of your rope.
springlullaby wrote:Either way, your reasoning doesn't add up because you somehow find me scummy because of a link you see between EA and myself, suggesting mafia, then say that I'm serial killer. So which is which?
I'll break it down again. Clockwork and myself cannot possibly be the Serial Killer. Xtoxm is highly unlikely to be the serial killer based on the same logic used to clear myself (and I think his actions yesterday demonstrate that he is pro-town. He was willing to consider new information and change his mind based on it). That means the serial killer is either you or Huntress.

I think the Serial Killer is Huntress, because I think you're part of the mafia based on the connection I pointed out between you and EA. Granted, I'm willing to admit that it's possible that I'm wrong and you're actually the serial killer and not cult, (which would mean either Huntress or Clockwork is cult). Either way, I'm pretty positive you're scum, so I don't see a losing scenario for us to lynch you today.
springlullaby wrote:As for EA and you, I think you are reaching because I thought both of you were scummy, the only fault I could be accused of would be being indecisive.
Not really. You expressed suspicion of both EA and myself. However, your actions betray you. You have never once actually pursued EA, only me. You only pressured me, not EA. You asked EA a couple of simple questions and didn't bother to hear a reply from him or care that he didn't. The suspicion you threw my way was an extremely weak pairing between Huntress and myself, yet that comprised the entire bulk of your posting yesterday. In fact, the entire extent of your suspicion of me was that you thought Huntress was scum and that therefore I was scum with her. Now today, even though Huntress and myself can't be paired anymore, and even though I was entirely correct about EA, you still are trying to somehow pin a lynch on me. I'm sorry, but there is no way you as town are going to play like this.

For you to actually acknowledge that EA's actions didn't make any sense based on the role he claimed, but then do nothing to get him lynched makes it quite obvious you are scum.
springlullaby wrote:Then I'll add that giving my claim, it is odd for you to not ask me to prove it so I can confirm myself, instead of going directly for the lynch.
To be honest, I can see a cultist having the role you claimed, although admittedly it's less likely than town having it.

And no, now that you've actually clarified how your role works I'd rather not test it. First of all, you having the role doesn't guarantee that you are town. Secondly, testing your role involves us completely wasting an entire day.

Finally, this is quite the change of pace from yesterday. I seem to recall you getting a little flustered when I "coerced" you into proving your role yesterday. I thought you wanted to use it when you saw fit? Now I'm scummy because I'm NOT "coercing" you into using your role? Funny how that works.
springlullaby wrote:So yes, this is your last window to claim if you are sk or not.
Obviously I'm not going to claim SK, because it's obvious I'm not the SK. Try reading 455 and then get back to me. You repeatedly asking this of me certainly is not improving my opinion of you in the slightest, though. Rather than actually try to build a case or provide any evidence why I'm the SK, you're opting to "look town" by asking me to claim serial killer. Doesn't work that way, sorry.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

springlullaby wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:
The problem here is, why would have him lied only to get himself lynched the next day?

If cult were on the verge of winning yesterday, then with today's death it is still a straight win for them, no?
I like how you quoted this portion of my post and ignored the paragraph at the end. You'll find I'm quite persistent. I'm not going to stop harassing you until you read post 455 and comment on it, despite your best efforts to ignore it.

To be honest, I have no idea why EA would lie like that. Maybe he didn't realize the implications of his actions, or that a mislynch on me would directly result in his lynch the following day. Maybe he did realize that but was perfectly fine with trading himself for me. If you check back through the thread you'll find that I posted a link to a game where EA made a similar play as scum and got lynched for his role not really fitting with his play through the game.

Also, let's assume EA was on the brink of winning, and that's why he made that play. That means there were 3 cultists alive. We lynch EA. Two players are night killed. Now there are 2 cultists alive out of 5 players, which is not game over. So, it's entirely possible that the cult was and still is on the brink of winning.

Personally, I don't think that's the case. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I doubt this setup involved 5 scum and 1 neutral out of 12 players.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:43 am

Post by springlullaby »

Goatrevolt wrote:
springlullaby wrote:I think I find it odd you are looking for serial killer, not cult.
I'm looking for both. Try reading my first post today again. I'm not sure what you're trying to imply with this either. You are accusing me of being the serial killer because I'm hunting for the serial killer? I'm interested in hearing you explain how that makes any sense. It would truly be in my best interest as Serial Killer to try to lead the town towards hunting the serial killer. Am I right?

Also, I make no sense as serial killer. I told you directly to read that post (455), and you pretty much have ignored that completely, still opting to try to call me out as scum with some of the weakest arguments I have ever seen.

I think your posts today demonstrate pretty clearly that you are scum of some sort. As scum, you need a couple of mislynches to win at this point. Why you're trying to go for me I have no clue, but it's obvious that you're at the end of your rope.
I answered to your 455.

Please do point out what demonstrate that I'm 'pretty clearly scum of some sort'. What is the point of you saying stuff like ' you are scum at the end of your rope' without backing in the first place?
I'll break it down again. Clockwork and myself cannot possibly be the Serial Killer. Xtoxm is highly unlikely to be the serial killer based on the same logic used to clear myself (and I think his actions yesterday demonstrate that he is pro-town. He was willing to consider new information and change his mind based on it). That means the serial killer is either you or Huntress.

I think the Serial Killer is Huntress, because I think you're part of the mafia based on the connection I pointed out between you and EA. Granted, I'm willing to admit that it's possible that I'm wrong and you're actually the serial killer and not cult, (which would mean either Huntress or Clockwork is cult). Either way, I'm pretty positive you're scum, so I don't see a losing scenario for us to lynch you today.
Your connection is circumstantial. There is nothing else I can say to it. Were I mafia with EA, don't you think I would have pushed for you when people where pretty much all good in lynching you? Be bathed in my reprobation if you claim WIFOM on this one.

Huntress, if you are SK, please claim.

Not really. You expressed suspicion of both EA and myself. However, your actions betray you. You have never once actually pursued EA, only me. You only pressured me, not EA. You asked EA a couple of simple questions and didn't bother to hear a reply from him or care that he didn't. The suspicion you threw my way was an extremely weak pairing between Huntress and myself, yet that comprised the entire bulk of your posting yesterday. In fact, the entire extent of your suspicion of me was that you thought Huntress was scum and that therefore I was scum with her. Now today, even though Huntress and myself can't be paired anymore, and even though I was entirely correct about EA, you still are trying to somehow pin a lynch on me. I'm sorry, but there is no way you as town are going to play like this.
You being correct about EA doesn't excuse of being scum.
And your defense is bizarre, I'm not trying to pin a lynch on you. Quite to the contrary, I was leaning Huntress cult and trying to figure things out before doing anything.

I've stated why I think you are SK based on EA's play. Because your explanation yesterday to EA's action was cult on the verge of winning. I agree that is the only possible explanation if you are not SK. But you see, it can't be the case, because with today's kill cult should still be winning.
The logical explanation to this is that EA wasn't lying about his result and hoped to confirm himself and eliminate concurrence in claiming yesterday.

Right now I think you are SK and you don't want to claim because there is possibly a vig.
For you to actually acknowledge that EA's actions didn't make any sense based on the role he claimed, but then do nothing to get him lynched makes it quite obvious you are scum.
I was trying to figure thing out. Were I mafia do you think I would have given you the benefit of the doubt?
To be honest, I can see a cultist having the role you claimed, although admittedly it's less likely than town having it.

And no, now that you've actually clarified how your role works I'd rather not test it. First of all, you having the role doesn't guarantee that you are town. Secondly, testing your role involves us completely wasting an entire day.

Finally, this is quite the change of pace from yesterday. I seem to recall you getting a little flustered when I "coerced" you into proving your role yesterday. I thought you wanted to use it when you saw fit? Now I'm scummy because I'm NOT "coercing" you into using your role? Funny how that works.
springlullaby wrote:So yes, this is your last window to claim if you are sk or not.
You arguing that I can possibly be scum with my role is quite scummy. Please explain to me how it can be possibly balanced. And there was coercion in you post yesterday because you wanted to force me to use my power on you.

Right now the logical thing to do if you really think I'm scum is to let me prove it on someone I wish to protect. Because you see, there being possibly a vig as I hope doesn't make a day wasted at all.

We need confirmation from Xtoxm on this one.
Obviously I'm not going to claim SK, because it's obvious I'm not the SK. Try reading 455 and then get back to me. You repeatedly asking this of me certainly is not improving my opinion of you in the slightest, though. Rather than actually try to build a case or provide any evidence why I'm the SK, you're opting to "look town" by asking me to claim serial killer. Doesn't work that way, sorry.
I replied to your post and I did say why I thought you were serial killer, you are eluding the point entirely.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:49 am

Post by springlullaby »

Sorry, I didn't answer to your 455.

I do agree it make you being SK near impossible.

Maybe I'm wrong. Let me think about this again.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:58 am

Post by springlullaby »

I like how you quoted this portion of my post and ignored the paragraph at the end. You'll find I'm quite persistent. I'm not going to stop harassing you until you read post 455 and comment on it, despite your best efforts to ignore it.

To be honest, I have no idea why EA would lie like that. Maybe he didn't realize the implications of his actions, or that a mislynch on me would directly result in his lynch the following day. Maybe he did realize that but was perfectly fine with trading himself for me. If you check back through the thread you'll find that I posted a link to a game where EA made a similar play as scum and got lynched for his role not really fitting with his play through the game.

Also, let's assume EA was on the brink of winning, and that's why he made that play. That means there were 3 cultists alive. We lynch EA. Two players are night killed. Now there are 2 cultists alive out of 5 players, which is not game over. So, it's entirely possible that the cult was and still is on the brink of winning.

Personally, I don't think that's the case. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I doubt this setup involved 5 scum and 1 neutral out of 12 players.
The crossposting has to stop. I thought your 455 was your first post today, and though I aswered to it, my mistake.

But you are wrong, yesterday was 5 to lynch, which mean scum on the verge of winning would have been 4. Which mean still 3 today, which means there would have been a lynch now if that was the case.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:29 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Argh...
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Huntress »

springlullaby wrote:Huntress, I repeated 2 times that I would answer your questions if you agreed on presenting a case on me properly. If you were town and really convinced I'm scum, surely you would do everything possible to convict me. But you see, you can't because if you were to sum up your question they would amount to nothing.
In post 446, Huntress wrote:The only reason I haven't made a clear case against you yet is because I was waiting for your answers to my questions before doing so. Those answers would have helped me get a clearer read on you and could even have lead to me dropping the case.
You say, "If you were town and really convinced I'm scum, surely you would do everything possible to convict me." But that's the whole point! I'm not convinced you're scum, which is why I want your answers to help me decide! Your refusal to give those answers is just pushing you higher up my scum-o-meter.
springlullaby wrote:Here I'll be fair, you asked a question in your last post accusing me of rolefishing.
I'll point point out here that I'm pretty sure I already answered to it the first time round saying that I was not. People can judge.
What do you mean by "last post"? The last time I mentioned role-fishing was many posts ago in day three. It is now day five! And what about the questions I asked you in day four? In particular, this one:
In post 446, I wrote:
springlullaby wrote:I can prevent one mislynch in twilight by giving rum to everyone on board, basically I'm a governor.
A quick question: Would you have used this power on a previous day if you thought it necessary?
Can I have an answer to this please?

springlullaby wrote:Huntress cult because she is just scum and I just don't see how it could be otherwise. Namely, what was that thing again for arguing against deadline yesterday? It is a moot point now, but arguing against deadline extension is just totally wtf.
I wasn't arguing against the extension; I was asking you why you needed one when we still had six days to spare. Another question you haven't answered.

springlullaby wrote:Huntress, if you are SK, please claim.
No, I am not the SK.

Ythill wrote:A powder monkey (crywolf20084) has been slain. She was indifferent to ship politics.
When I read this, I jumped to the conclusion that Crywolf had been the SK as she wasn't described as either loyal or mutinous. Goat and Springlullaby: You both seem to be assuming that she wasn't the SK. Have I missed something here?
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:11 am

Post by militant »

"aaaaarrrrggggh!"

Thanks for the game :)
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Xtoxm »

When I read this, I jumped to the conclusion that Crywolf had been the SK as she wasn't described as either loyal or mutinous. Goat and Springlullaby: You both seem to be assuming that she wasn't the SK. Have I missed something here?
I read it the same way as the other 2. Although it is possible.

But I think "indifferent to the ships poloitics" sounds like a survivor who can win with both to me.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Xtoxm »

The only thing Goat has that doesn't point to him being SK is the N1 absence thing.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Huntress »

Xtoxm wrote:I read it the same way as the other 2. Although it is possible.

But I think "indifferent to the ships poloitics" sounds like a survivor who can win with both to me.
Ah, yes. Thanks, I didn't think of a survivor. It would certainly fit with Crywolf's play.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Although, upon further thought, CW could have been SK...Cos I was thinking...How
would
the SK show up? And actually, the SK probably is indifferent to the ships politics, he justs wants everyone dead.

Do we think CW was SK? Mili was the SK's kill, so could have been.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Google wrote:The boy who is in charge of bringing the gunner the gunpowder is referred to as a powder monkey.
Actually, this doesn't really sound like an SK...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I just noticed something I had previously missed. I might say some more about this after I think about it.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Bloody hell. I'm such a retard. I think I know who the SK is. Need to ponder this a bit more though.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Grr. How many different things is it possible to miss? I am steadily becoming more and more confused.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Ythill is a bastard mod. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”