Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Mod: Your pirate fact is wrong. Blackbeard was British, from Bristol.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:26 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

No, I investigated Goat last night because something just didn't sit well with me. Confirmed the role name but it's still possible you could be culted.

Two kills is interesting.

I need to read back, I've missed a lot.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Ythill »

Xtoxm wrote:
Mod: Your pirate fact is wrong. Blackbeard was British, from Bristol.
:roll:
I didn't say he was from America. His origins are not a matter of established fact. I did say he was an "American pirate" because he operated solely out of the western hemisphere: in the bahamas and along the southern east coast of the U.S.

(I don't actually leave until tomorrow morning, in case anyone was wondering.)
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

ClockworkRuse wrote:No, I investigated Goat last night because something just didn't sit well with me. Confirmed the role name but it's still possible you could be culted.
You investigated me last night after EA showed up as scum around the idea that I was cult? Can you explain your rationale for this a bit more, because that doesn't really make any sense.

It's possible Crywolf was the SK, but I assumed she was a neutral survivor based on the description.

I don't know why people are still getting hung on the idea of me being scum. The amount of hoops you have to go through for me to actually be scum is ridiculous. It makes no sense for me to be the serial killer based on post 455 alone. Factor in my play yesterday, factor in the idea that there's no possible way EA was telling the truth (based on the logic I pointed out over and over again) and it doesn't make sense. I make 0 sense as Cult. For me to be cult, that means EA lied to paint his own cult buddy as a serial killer, which would have still drawn suspicion to his claim the following day when I turned up non-SK. In other words, he throws away himself to get rid of one of his own scum buddies? Not going to happen.

I guess it's possible I got recruited last night or you can find some other other extreme scenario that took place where I could be scum, but do honestly believe those to be likely? I don't think anyone was recruited last night because I doubt the mafia can both kill and recruit, and I'm guessing the 2nd kill was courtesy of the mafia. I highly doubt it's a vig (and would love to hear why Springlullaby seems to want to portray the notion that it could be) because nobody claimed vig. I'm guessing the mafia can either recruit or kill or something to that extent.

Maybe my playstyle rubs you the wrong way, or you're scum and looking for another mislynch or whatever it is. Regardless, I don't see how a townie can come to the conclusion that I'm scum without having to delude themselves on a ton of different levels. Lynching EA yesterday was a nice cornerstone, because we got rid of scum and confirmed me as town. Now let's move on to catching the real scum.

---------

I feel fairly confident Springlullaby is scum even if we're looking at nothing more than her posts today. Repeatedly asking people to claim SK is not pro-town. It doesn't actually do anything beneficial to town. Do you honestly believe a SK is going to simply say "ok, since you asked me so nicely, yes I'm a serial killer. And now that I've ruined any chance of winning by giving that information to the town, you can go forth and lynch me now!" Seriously, asking people to claim SK without providing any reasoning why a SK would claim accomplishes nothing. All it does is try to plant the notion in the town's mind that you are town because you're "hunting the serial killer." Additionally, I think SL's repeated stance that "she hopes the 2nd kill is a vig kill" is a nice cover up for the fact that she is the mafia member who made the kill last night. It makes no sense to assume it's a vig kill. I think the reason she's assuming it's a vig kill is to try to play off the idea that "she was unaware mafia had a kill" or something like that.

Furthermore, I want to point out the sheer ridiculousness in the fact that springlullaby tried to paint me as scum because I was "hunting the serial killer and not cult." Read through her posts today. How many of her posts pertain towards finding the serial killer or asking people if they are the serial killer? How many are related towards finding the cult? Hypocrisy for the loss.

Then if you look further back through the thread you see her weakly pressure EA a couple times in a very insincere manner. She calls out EA on two occasions, but doesn't pursue it in a meaningful manner, and instead opts to pressure and push for the lynch of myself and Huntress. That's perfect scumbuddy material right there. If EA does get lynched, she can go back through and point out the few times she "expressed suspicion" of EA. However, she did not in any point throughout the thread actually contribute whatsoever to getting EA lynched. In fact, she acknowledged that I had a point about EA's actions not making sense based on his claimed role, but yet pressured me based on the flimsy case that she was suspicious of Huntress and thought I was connected to Huntress. Her actions speak quite a bit louder than her words in this case.

I think Springlullaby is cult here. I think her "I hope it's a vig" is a nice cover up for her being mafia and making a kill. If Xtoxm claims that the 2nd kill was made by the mafia then springlullaby can say "oh, well I thought it was a vig, silly me. But the member of the mafia would have known it wasn't a vig, so clearly I'm not mafia! Oh and also I asked the serial killer to claim, which makes it impossible for me to be the serial killer. That means I'm town!".

Despite trying to call me out on it, she's done nothing but hunt for the serial killer today, which is what a member of the cult wants to do. They want the focus to be on finding the other scum group (which makes her accusation that I'm the serial killer because I'm hunting the SK absurd).
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

But I don't understand why EA would lie about that. If he was lying, surely Cult are on the brink of victory?

My top suspect right now would probably be CR. I, too, find him checking Goat kinda odd.

SL's claim I find hard to see as scum. Could be recruited, I guess.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Also, i'll elaborate on what I said earlier. Somewhat.

Basically, the mod has indirectly implied to me who the SK is, as part of my night action PM. But I suspect he's trying to mislead me.

If everyone could look over their PM's, and elaborate on their claim in any way, this may help.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

springlullaby wrote:Please do point out what demonstrate that I'm 'pretty clearly scum of some sort'. What is the point of you saying stuff like ' you are scum at the end of your rope' without backing in the first place?
I don't think the way you've attacked me today is in any way representative of a townie legitimately trying to find scum. I think it fits scum who need a couple of mislynches to win, and thus they have to dredge up and go with anything they can get. In other words, to paint me as scum you have to make quite a few stretches in how it's possible for me to be scum. I don't think a townie is going to draw those conclusions, but I can see a scum trying to do so since they might actually need me dead to win.
Springlullaby wrote:Your connection is circumstantial. There is nothing else I can say to it. Were I mafia with EA, don't you think I would have pushed for you when people where pretty much all good in lynching you? Be bathed in my reprobation if you claim WIFOM on this one.
OMG, WIFOM!!!!!!

Actually, I think that very little in mafia is actually WIFOM, and generally do not like when people write stuff off as being WIFOM.

The answer to your question is that my lynch was not secure, and needed your vote to happen. Huntress was off playing in her own corner all day and was unwilling to commit to either myself or EA. I'm obviously not going to vote for myself, and Clockwork/Crywolf/Militant were either MIA or indecisive. In other words, when you posted yesterday it was at a crucial point where things could have swung either way. Your post was such that you legitimately could have gone either way (as you expressed suspicion of both myself and EA) yet the bulk of your inquiry and pressure was placed on me, not EA. In fact, you were asking me to explain Huntress' actions in an effort to clear myself, and you didn't once go back and actually address EA. For you to willingly admit EA's actions didn't make sense, but yet still not move at all towards lynching him is a strong indication of your mentality.
Springlullaby wrote:I was trying to figure thing out. Were I mafia do you think I would have given you the benefit of the doubt?
If you were mafia you would have known I was telling the truth, because you would have known EA was lying. It's easy to give me the benefit of the doubt when you have private information to prove that I'm telling the truth.
Springlullaby wrote:Right now the logical thing to do if you really think I'm scum is to let me prove it on someone I wish to protect. Because you see, there being possibly a vig as I hope doesn't make a day wasted at all.
Why do you think there's a vig? I don't think there's a vig and I think the information in the thread makes it highly unlikely there's a vig. Please explain how you can jump to this conclusion at all? If there is a vig, who makes sense as vig? A town vig obviously wouldn't shoot Militant, who was pretty much confirmed town. That means if there was a vig they shot Crywolf. If Xtoxm, myself, Clockwork, or you are the vig that means as town we fake claimed a different role as a lie to hide that we were a vig. Not likely. Xtoxm or myself as vig would have shot Huntress yesterday, not crywolf, based on our posting. That means the only possible person who could be a vig is Huntress, but you're entirely convinced she's scum (and thus not a vig).

So please, explain this for me, and ease my mind that this isn't just you trying to come to the conclusion that it's a vig so that you can fake innocence when it isn't.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm wrote:SL's claim I find hard to see as scum. Could be recruited, I guess.
Could be recruited, or could be lying about the claim.

Basically, I see 3 possibilities for scum, Clockwork/Springlullaby/Huntress. I don't think Xtoxm makes sense as the serial killer based on information I provided earlier, and I think his unvote on me yesterday (as well as eventually getting people to lynch EA) at a crucial time suggests that he is not part of the cult.

Ooh, just thought of something. It's possible militant was roleblocked, which again would make trying to rely on who we thought he targeted a poor idea.

I'm guessing the information you're looking for, Xtoxm, is along the lines of the weapon people find themselves armed with. I have a dagger, by the way. I've spent a bit of time trying to figure out the meaning of that or how that's relevant to the game at all, and I think it finally hit me that it's probably relevant in the information you receive on how the kills were made.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Either there are 2 cult left, and crywolf was the serial killer, or there's 1 cult 1 sk left would be my guess. 2 cult and a serial killer still alive means that there was a total number of 5 scum and 1 neutral in a 12 player game. I find that highly unlikely. 4 scum and a neutral seems ridiculous enough to me.

Based on the way Huntress was trying to suggest Crywolf was the SK, leads me to believe she is the SK and is still looking for a way out. Huntress is SK, so she's trying to get rid of the idea that there is a SK still alive.

Based on the way Springlullaby has been pushing for people to claim SK and is suggesting that the other kill was the work of some rogue vigilante, leads me to believe she is part of the mafia and made that 2nd kill last night. Spring is mafia, so she's trying to distance herself from the mafia kill and get us to hunt the serial killer.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

:P

Well one thing I don't get is why cult would even want to kill CW last night.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm wrote:Well one thing I don't get is why cult would even want to kill CW last night.
I think clockwork as scum would have been motivated to shoot me last night, considering I was pushing him hard as EA's scum buddy even though others disagreed. I think Huntress as cult would have been motivated to shoot either you or me, since we seemed convinced she was the SK (and by killing Crywolf, it narrowed down the potential SK suspects to where she was the most likely). SL as scum didn't shoot me, because I was her "pick for SK." I'm not sure why she wouldn't have shot you, but I think the Crywolf kill makes more sense from her perspective than from that of Clockwork/Huntress.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Xtoxm »

It'd be nice to hear from some of the others.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Ythill »

Pirate FactThough pop culture favors Caribbean pirates, some of the most dangerous operated out of Africa and China. The Barbary corsairs plagued the Mediterranean for centuries but, after 1600, expanded their territory to include the high Atlantic, striking as far north as Iceland. Meanwhile, the Chinese pirates of the mid-Qing dynasty were some of the boldest in the world. They weren't confined to island bases but, rather, practiced hegemony over entire villages on the mainland coast.

I'm leaving on my road trip now.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:19 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Goatrevolt wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:No, I investigated Goat last night because something just didn't sit well with me. Confirmed the role name but it's still possible you could be culted.
You investigated me last night after EA showed up as scum around the idea that I was cult? Can you explain your rationale for this a bit more, because that doesn't really make any sense.

It's possible Crywolf was the SK, but I assumed she was a neutral survivor based on the description.

I don't know why people are still getting hung on the idea of me being scum. The amount of hoops you have to go through for me to actually be scum is ridiculous. It makes no sense for me to be the serial killer based on post 455 alone. Factor in my play yesterday, factor in the idea that there's no possible way EA was telling the truth (based on the logic I pointed out over and over again) and it doesn't make sense. I make 0 sense as Cult. For me to be cult, that means EA lied to paint his own cult buddy as a serial killer, which would have still drawn suspicion to his claim the following day when I turned up non-SK. In other words, he throws away himself to get rid of one of his own scum buddies? Not going to happen.

I guess it's possible I got recruited last night or you can find some other other extreme scenario that took place where I could be scum, but do honestly believe those to be likely? I don't think anyone was recruited last night because I doubt the mafia can both kill and recruit, and I'm guessing the 2nd kill was courtesy of the mafia. I highly doubt it's a vig (and would love to hear why Springlullaby seems to want to portray the notion that it could be) because nobody claimed vig. I'm guessing the mafia can either recruit or kill or something to that extent.

Maybe my playstyle rubs you the wrong way, or you're scum and looking for another mislynch or whatever it is. Regardless, I don't see how a townie can come to the conclusion that I'm scum without having to delude themselves on a ton of different levels. Lynching EA yesterday was a nice cornerstone, because we got rid of scum and confirmed me as town. Now let's move on to catching the real scum.

---------

I feel fairly confident Springlullaby is scum even if we're looking at nothing more than her posts today. Repeatedly asking people to claim SK is not pro-town. It doesn't actually do anything beneficial to town. Do you honestly believe a SK is going to simply say "ok, since you asked me so nicely, yes I'm a serial killer. And now that I've ruined any chance of winning by giving that information to the town, you can go forth and lynch me now!" Seriously, asking people to claim SK without providing any reasoning why a SK would claim accomplishes nothing. All it does is try to plant the notion in the town's mind that you are town because you're "hunting the serial killer." Additionally, I think SL's repeated stance that "she hopes the 2nd kill is a vig kill" is a nice cover up for the fact that she is the mafia member who made the kill last night. It makes no sense to assume it's a vig kill. I think the reason she's assuming it's a vig kill is to try to play off the idea that "she was unaware mafia had a kill" or something like that.

Furthermore, I want to point out the sheer ridiculousness in the fact that springlullaby tried to paint me as scum because I was "hunting the serial killer and not cult." Read through her posts today. How many of her posts pertain towards finding the serial killer or asking people if they are the serial killer? How many are related towards finding the cult? Hypocrisy for the loss.

Then if you look further back through the thread you see her weakly pressure EA a couple times in a very insincere manner. She calls out EA on two occasions, but doesn't pursue it in a meaningful manner, and instead opts to pressure and push for the lynch of myself and Huntress. That's perfect scumbuddy material right there. If EA does get lynched, she can go back through and point out the few times she "expressed suspicion" of EA. However, she did not in any point throughout the thread actually contribute whatsoever to getting EA lynched. In fact, she acknowledged that I had a point about EA's actions not making sense based on his claimed role, but yet pressured me based on the flimsy case that she was suspicious of Huntress and thought I was connected to Huntress. Her actions speak quite a bit louder than her words in this case.

I think Springlullaby is cult here. I think her "I hope it's a vig" is a nice cover up for her being mafia and making a kill. If Xtoxm claims that the 2nd kill was made by the mafia then springlullaby can say "oh, well I thought it was a vig, silly me. But the member of the mafia would have known it wasn't a vig, so clearly I'm not mafia! Oh and also I asked the serial killer to claim, which makes it impossible for me to be the serial killer. That means I'm town!".

Despite trying to call me out on it, she's done nothing but hunt for the serial killer today, which is what a member of the cult wants to do. They want the focus to be on finding the other scum group (which makes her accusation that I'm the serial killer because I'm hunting the SK absurd).
I had already investigated EA, his role name and rank were accurate. Considering the fact that the note I received says that anyone who is culted keeps their powers, I wanted to double check.

I read 455, but as it is it's much better to be safer than sorry. I feel much more at ease about you not being the SK.This is better than a pseudo-meta clear.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

That's all you have to say?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Huntress »

I've been reviewing my case on Clockwork, and ended up doing a full re-read. Looking at his play I'm thinking that he may have been mafia from the beginning and the whole cult business could be fake.

Day one and two distancing and defending:
Post 9: Clockwork puts FoS on Jebus and EA for bandwagoning in the RVS.
Post 77: Clockwork says to EA: "I'm actually starting to lean away from my suspicion and believe you. Meta-wise, you were a lot more quiet as scum during the first day and you really wouldn't have done something like that. I'm still going to keep my eye on you though."
Post 115: He is still non-committal about EA.
Post 125: Jebus votes Clockwork saying, "Time for a pressure wagon, I'll go with springlullaby on this one."
Post 138: Clockwork defends EA citing meta reasons.
Post 144: Jebus switches his vote to EA.
Post 158: Jebus votes Clockwork again. "A bit on the opportunistic side, but I think we can get something nice from a pressure wagon on Clockwork."

The day two lynch: Could the mafia have tried and failed to kill Gremwell N1?
Post 228: EA votes for Gremwell purely to get a lynch before the deadline.
Post 233: Goat says, "I'm going to look through Erratus then decide where to stick my vote." (It was on Gremwell at the time)
Post 236: EA wants to rush the lynch despite, or because of, the fact that Goat is reconsidering.
Post 237: Gremwell claims.
Post 243: Clockwork hammers Gremwell saying, "As EA has pointed out, there is no lynch at deadline. ... This speed lynch stupidity is going to hurt us." If he thought a speed lynch was stupid, why hammer so soon after the claim?

Role claim:
Post 322: Clockwork claims. The only thing in it that has been confirmed is the fact he was blocked N2.
Post 372: Clockwork claims he was blocked N3. Could he have been trying to kill Goat and thought he was role-blocked?
Post 373: Militant confirms he blocked Clockwork N2, but not N3.
Post 383: Clockwork confirms EA's role name.

Clockwork is my top suspect for mafia/cult with Springlullaby coming second.
Springlullaby is my top suspect for SK with Goat coming second.
I'm reasonably confident that Goat is not mafia/cult and I'm almost as sure that Xtoxm is town.

ClockworkRuse wrote:I had already investigated EA, his role name and rank were accurate. Considering the fact that the note I received says that anyone who is culted keeps their powers, I wanted to double check.

I read 455, but as it is it's much better to be safer than sorry. I feel much more at ease about you not being the SK.This is better than a pseudo-meta clear.
What exactly did you want to double check? And what makes you feel much more at ease about Goat now?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh i'm starting to think that too. This recruitation buisness could be a fake claim to try and look good. Being able to choose whether or not you can be recruited sounds way dodgy, too. And if he was blocked that means Cult have an RB...

Huntress, could you answer my question?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Huntress »

Do you mean post 505?

I think I covered it in post 378; including the fact that I carried a marline spike.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Ok. I'd like the same from SL and CR.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

The lack of Mafia having a kill is wierd though...
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:02 am

Post by springlullaby »

Goatrevolt wrote: I feel fairly confident Springlullaby is scum even if we're looking at nothing more than her posts today. Repeatedly asking people to claim SK is not pro-town. It doesn't actually do anything beneficial to town. Do you honestly believe a SK is going to simply say "ok, since you asked me so nicely, yes I'm a serial killer. And now that I've ruined any chance of winning by giving that information to the town, you can go forth and lynch me now!" Seriously, asking people to claim SK without providing any reasoning why a SK would claim accomplishes nothing. All it does is try to plant the notion in the town's mind that you are town because you're "hunting the serial killer." Additionally, I think SL's repeated stance that "she hopes the 2nd kill is a vig kill" is a nice cover up for the fact that she is the mafia member who made the kill last night. It makes no sense to assume it's a vig kill. I think the reason she's assuming it's a vig kill is to try to play off the idea that "she was unaware mafia had a kill" or something like that.
Tell me how I can 'play off the idea' that there is a vig kill when Xtoxm can confirm people's death?

Still waiting on Xtoxm for this one.

I'll tried to figures things out plenty, my post is out there to judge.
I already said that the connection is circumstantial. And I do not like your extreme change of tune from yesterday.

See above concerning vig and Xtoxm. Repeating yourself with the maximum of words possible to say the most simple thing is very scummy if you ask me. Plus, now I'm hunting for the SK, am I? I thought you said I did nothing today two paragraphs ago?

Man, the more you post, the more I think you are scum, just when I doubt myself.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:19 am

Post by springlullaby »

Goatrevolt wrote:
I don't think the way you've attacked me today is in any way representative of a townie legitimately trying to find scum. I think it fits scum who need a couple of mislynches to win, and thus they have to dredge up and go with anything they can get. In other words, to paint me as scum you have to make quite a few stretches in how it's possible for me to be scum. I don't think a townie is going to draw those conclusions, but I can see a scum trying to do so since they might actually need me dead to win.
I'm starting to hear echo again, those are my thinking about Huntress.
Point out the flaw in my thinking about EA vs you, and point out how 'a townie is not going to draw this conclusion'.
OMG, WIFOM!!!!!!

Actually, I think that very little in mafia is actually WIFOM, and generally do not like when people write stuff off as being WIFOM.

The answer to your question is that my lynch was not secure, and needed your vote to happen. Huntress was off playing in her own corner all day and was unwilling to commit to either myself or EA. I'm obviously not going to vote for myself, and Clockwork/Crywolf/Militant were either MIA or indecisive. In other words, when you posted yesterday it was at a crucial point where things could have swung either way. Your post was such that you legitimately could have gone either way (as you expressed suspicion of both myself and EA) yet the bulk of your inquiry and pressure was placed on me, not EA. In fact, you were asking me to explain Huntress' actions in an effort to clear myself, and you didn't once go back and actually address EA. For you to willingly admit EA's actions didn't make sense, but yet still not move at all towards lynching him is a strong indication of your mentality.
This paragraph disgust me. Don't go all pseudo psychoanalyst guru on me, lest you make yourself look stupid.

In a game with multi scumgroup and a cult, trying to figure out which is the best lynch is what townie do. My thinking about EA and you were exactly as I posted, you were both suspicious, I wanted to figure out which of you was the best lynch.
If you were mafia you would have known I was telling the truth, because you would have known EA was lying. It's easy to give me the benefit of the doubt when you have private information to prove that I'm telling the truth.
Man, why did you waste your time writing this shit. Does it say anything really? Tell, do you honestly think that this is a good argument?
Why do you think there's a vig? I don't think there's a vig and I think the information in the thread makes it highly unlikely there's a vig. Please explain how you can jump to this conclusion at all? If there is a vig, who makes sense as vig? A town vig obviously wouldn't shoot Militant, who was pretty much confirmed town. That means if there was a vig they shot Crywolf. If Xtoxm, myself, Clockwork, or you are the vig that means as town we fake claimed a different role as a lie to hide that we were a vig. Not likely. Xtoxm or myself as vig would have shot Huntress yesterday, not crywolf, based on our posting. That means the only possible person who could be a vig is Huntress, but you're entirely convinced she's scum (and thus not a vig).

So please, explain this for me, and ease my mind that this isn't just you trying to come to the conclusion that it's a vig so that you can fake innocence when it isn't.
I think there is a vig because for town to have a kill make my role more powerful, I and hope it is the case.

How can I 'fake innocence' with Xtoxm's role?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:21 am

Post by springlullaby »

BTW, catching up and answering to post as they come.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:55 am

Post by springlullaby »

Huntress wrote:
In post 446, Huntress wrote:t;]The only reason I haven't made a clear case against you yet is because I was waiting for your answers to my questions before doing so. Those answers would have helped me get a clearer read on you and could even have lead to me dropping the case.
You say, "If you were town and really convinced I'm scum, surely you would do everything possible to convict me." But that's the whole point! I'm not convinced you're scum, which is why I want your answers to help me decide! Your refusal to give those answers is just pushing you higher up my scum-o-meter.
Nah, my point is if you were to summarize your questions, it would be evident that your wonted 'questions' have no scumhunting value whatsoever, and is imo a good indication that you are scum. And you see, I'm not getting into an endless quote wall contest with you. Do prove me wrong if you can.

What do you mean by "last post"? The last time I mentioned role-fishing was many posts ago in day three. It is now day five! And what about the questions I asked you in day four? In particular, this one:
In post 446, I wrote:
springlullaby wrote:I can prevent one mislynch in twilight by giving rum to everyone on board, basically I'm a governor.
A quick question: Would you have used this power on a previous day if you thought it necessary?
Can I have an answer to this please?
One of your last post addressing me was this one:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 03#1425603

In which you reference this post as example of 'questions' I haven't answered to, the gist of which is 'why rolefishing':
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 03#1404603

My answer is the same as the first time you directed that accusation at me, I was not, people can judge.

And the answer to your 'would you have used your power' is probably, I dunno. Now please demonstrate how does your question amount to scumhunting of any sort.
I wasn't arguing against the extension; I was asking you why you needed one when we still had six days to spare. Another question you haven't answered.
Because six days is nothing at this game's going rate. Why are you even arguing this point is what I'm getting at. The short deadline has led to a crappy nolynch, yes or no?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:17 am

Post by springlullaby »

Xtoxm wrote:Ok. I'd like the same from SL and CR.
I have a butcher hook.

Btw, you haven't said if there are a vig kill or not.

Right now I have a hard time believing Clockwork can be cult because being cult and revealing it when no one is aware of it makes no sense. Maybe Sk actually because opposing scum faction can't be recruited, and he has actually not given any result that wasn't already claimed.

Having reread the game, I actually don't think Goat can be scum. Because militant jailkeeping him N3.

I also very much doubt Xtoxm is scum.

That leaves Huntress as cult.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”