Newbie 728 -- Fin.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rastous
Rastous
Townie
Rastous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Rastous »

/confirm
Rastous
Rastous
Townie
Rastous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by Rastous »

almightybob wrote:A fellow Scot! Whereabouts, Rastous? I'm in Edinburgh.
I'm Edinburgh as well 8-)
Rastous
Rastous
Townie
Rastous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by Rastous »

Vote Conspicuous_other

For having a massive name!
Rastous
Rastous
Townie
Rastous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Rastous »

Leaving it at L-2 isn't bad. Any mafia stupid enough to quick lynch will then just give themselves away and all the town win if the town win. Townies are usually a bit more careful from what I've seen and will only finish a lynch if it gets close to a deadline or there is a general consensus.

I understand the point against over relying on scum tells, especially in newb games but I'm not sure about Anticollie's first point. Are you basically saying we should try to see things from there point of view and see how there actions make sense as town or mafia?
Rastous
Rastous
Townie
Rastous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Rastous »

Unvote
FOS Korts

What's the vote count? Would vote but don't want to kill anyone yet.

Korts hasn't exactly hit my scum meter, but some of his actions and words don't make total sense and I find this very surprising and I don't understand why he has done what he has.

Jumping on Serplat I felt was a bad thing to do. Going on about using your votes to put on pressure and there is no point no voting then turning around and calling him scum because he agreed with your logic? You said to look at things through other peoples eyes and his action makes sense as either town or scum so is pretty much no evidence.

You then brought up almightybob as being bad in keeping all options open, why? Tunnel vision in players, especially this early with little to no evidence can really really hurt the town and let the mafia get away with things they otherwise can't. Yet here you make an accusation against almightybob about being opportunistic when this action is in total keeping with a town player.

You have seemed to contradict your own advice Korts and that makes me suspicious. The discussion about Benmage has got me slightly confused though given that there are apparently wrong quotes and such. I think I'll need to read them all again to get a hold on that although from a first read thourgh it seems almightybob has done the best in keeping a logical arguement going which in my view is the best way to scum hunt.
Rastous
Rastous
Townie
Rastous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Rastous »

Didn't mean to "lurk", sorry. If I've missed any questions to me then please repeat/point them out please.

In explanation of my bit about tunnel vision, I have played a few games on another site and the main crit the mod had against me was focusing my attention far too much on the first player I found scummy. So just trying not to do that now and thought I would give others that tip.

Reading through since my last post, the thing that strikes me most that I hadn't realised before is almightybob hoping around all the time in who he is supporting/questioning. I can see this either as scum giving himself both allies in supporting others and lots of possible lynches or maybe a townie going through questioning people. If he is questioning people though then why has he not brought up anything in my posts to question me about? Same with some others, it seems he concentrates on people already under fire.

Korts main defense is in my view extremely faulty. You can't just turn around after using false logic and say "hey I didn't mean it really; it was a trap; sorry I was wrong!". He has suddenly become much more calm and less aggresive in playstyle since people started voting on him and spent his time mostly deflecting peoples attention away. I really don't feel he has acted in the best interests of the town at all and now I have to decide whether that was just a mistake, or a scummy move.

For the Benmage arguement, I feel that the main fuel against him is his total panic at simply getting to L-2. There was no reason for such panic, so why did he? Was it a newb mistake or a mafia getting scared that lots of people were onto him? It is hard to tell at the moment but I'm going to watch his playstyle closely to see which I think it is.

Finally, Anticollie. I feel he has contributed nothing to the thread and has lurked much more than I have been blamed of. He questions Ben about changing his view then seems to feel that is enough and off again. I'm not sure whether this is simply a lack of play time (I really understand that), or something more. The fact is that reading through the thread and understanding what people say takes more time than typing responses so I find it weird he couldn't contribute more.

Having said all this, Korts is still my main suspect since I feel his defense is really dodgy.

Vote Korts
Rastous
Rastous
Townie
Rastous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Rastous »

Serplat wrote:
RIDICULOUS wrote:Rastous, you're accused of lurking, show up, post something about you having tunnel vision completely out of the blue, then write four paragraphs that do almost nothing but sum up the views of the town.
I've read through Rastous's post a couple of times now, and something strikes me about. RIDICULOUS touched on it briefly above, but I think I need to add a bit more.

The thing that really bothered me about the post was how he was presenting the ideas. I don't mind when somebody agrees with a previously presented idea. However, the tone of this post struck me as awkward.

He presented the ideas as if he were the first to think of them.
Rastous wrote:Reading through since my last post, the thing that strikes me most that I hadn't realised before is almightybob hoping around all the time in who he is supporting/questioning.
Had this not been mentioned many times before?
I agree that basically all of it has been mentioned before, but I never had any intent to offer it up as if I suddenly came up with the ideas. I stated the points which I agreed with without all the quoting crap which I find hard to track often. People reading through the thread will know which ideas have been mentioned before.

In general, most ideas will have been said before at some point. I make no apology of the way I stated what I thought without "due credit" or whatever to the person who first posted the ideas. It is how I make my points in general since just because they may have been stated before by someone else, doesn't make me adding my opinion less relevant.

Kinda surprised this came up.

About the tunnel vision thing, I was explaining further a point which me and Korts were talking about, it isn't sudden at all. That was meant for him more than anyone else. Just because he is currently my number one scum suspect doesn't mean that I don't think he could be a townie and worth explaining things to.

Any questions for me then just ask.[/quote]
Rastous
Rastous
Townie
Rastous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Rastous »

How can you say that I'm unsure when I said I believe Korts is the most likely scum and voted for him? Are you just not actually reading what I've said?

I'm keeping things open by not saying "XXXX is scum", I'm sorry if I don't do that, but I never have on day one! I've said what I think and what other info I feel I need to work out and voted for the person I'm currently most suspicious of, how is that not stating my opinion?

God you guys surprise me, my playstyle is always pretty much the same (or I think so but of course you react to what other people do) and nobody has ever brought something like this up before!

I've not had time to go actively scum hunting so and questioning people, but I have been on enough to give my opinion on things and vote as well as try to defend myself. I don't see one thing I've done as being scummy and you kinda have me at a loss at what to say now since if I can't see why your voting for me then I can't exactly defend myself!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”