ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by ortolan »

/conformation
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by ortolan »

You seem to have missed my confirmation :)
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by ortolan »

Vote: Microphone_Kirby

That name says it all.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:15 am

Post by ortolan »

Just to satisfy my curiosity: can someone provide any empirical evidence that the fact one has self-voted during the random vote stage makes one more likely to be scummy?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:16 am

Post by ortolan »

scum*

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by ortolan »

Not liking the NK bandwagon

Unvote

I see his comment about jesters as stupid/newb rather than scummy, thus it is a scumtell. I did the same in RealTime mafia when I was town (and newb).

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by ortolan »

NK = MK

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:21 am

Post by ortolan »

God, sorry for Post 136, "thus it is a scumtell" should read "thus it is a nulltell"

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by ortolan »

Sorry for belated reply, I shall endeavour to maintain an extreme level of activity in this game for a while to make up.
Flameaxe (140) wrote:
ortolan wrote:Not liking the NK bandwagon

Unvote

I see his comment about jesters as stupid/newb rather than scummy, thus it is a scumtell. I did the same in RealTime mafia when I was town (and newb).
A) He joined in march. That isn't exactly "newb" territory anymore.
B) If we all had the mentality of "it was a stupid mistake!", we would never get anywhere.
C) It isn't a null-tell because you've done it as town. If there was a bit more sarcasm there, and he made it obvious it was a joke (which he made obvious it wasn't), I could see it. But when it comes right down to it, it s a scumtell.

In other news, my vote reflects someone who needs to get in here.
In other other news, DGB is unusually quiet.
A) There's plenty of people who've been around for 2+ years whose play I would probably describe as "stupid/newb". Often this is because their play usually elicits large numbers of votes, which is bad play for either townies or mafia.

B) I prefer to look for more sophisticated scumtells. Jumping on someone and tunneling for a comment I don't think has any necessary scum motivation at all seems far more likely to lynch a townie than scum.

C) Onus is on the accuser. Why is someone speculating about jesters scummy in and of itself? It seems the theory is that if M_K suggested RBT was a jester, then they are scumbuddies and he is trying to avoid getting his buddy lynched. So the idea that jester speculation is scummy is contingent on them both being scum to begin with. Otherwise MK has no motivation to bring it up. In the absence of a flip on either one of them, I ask you why, in general, is someone suggesting someone else may be a jester scummy? My *only* experience with it in the past when I was town- I got jumped on for doing it so I know not do it now for prudential reasons, but that still doesn't mean it's a good scum-tell. If there is any evidence you can provide that it is a popularly-used scum gambit, I would change my position.

still re-reading
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by ortolan »

hp [leaves] (168) wrote:Ouch, big post.
sirdanilot wrote:First I would like to hear why you choose to FoS and keep your random vote instead of actually voting, and why you think this is pro town.
Well, I don't have anything to say about this except a barely acceptable meta defense; so I'll just say I'm slow with my votes and thank you for reminding me.

Unvote

Flameaxe wrote:
ortolan wrote:Not liking the MK bandwagon

Unvote

A) He joined in march. That isn't exactly "newb" territory anymore.
B) If we all had the mentality of "it was a stupid mistake!", we would never get anywhere.
C) It isn't a null-tell because you've done it as town. If there was a bit more sarcasm there, and he made it obvious it was a joke (which he made obvious it wasn't), I could see it. But when it comes right down to it, it s a scumtell.
I completely agree and
FoS ortolan
for the meta defense.
What is scummy here?

Four things.

Firstly, the obvious fact you appeal to meta and then attack me for using it.

Secondly, you Unvote at the beginning of your post, express suspicion of me but then fail to vote me. To paraphrase roflcopter, FoSing someone while not at least voting someone else (rather than simply voting the person) is scummy as all hell. It indicates a desire to attack the person while not being associated with their bandwagon.

Thirdly, if analysed this argument is getting into the realms of severe improbability.
The only scum motivation for MK having brought up RBT being a jester is that he is his scumbuddy trying to prevent him being lynched by suggesting he is a jester. The only motivation I have for defending MK on bad grounds is that I am his scumbuddy. Already hugely unlikely, unless you're arrogant enough to think you can catch 3 scum like that (and if you don't think all 3 of us are scum together you don't have *any* argument against us, because nothing else explains RBT's and then my response.)

Fourthly (and this isn't as big a scumtell in and of itself) you've basically deferred to Flameaxe's reasoning here. Coupled with you FoSing rather than voting me this very much looks like you want to attack me while not looking like you're attacking me so that you're not associated with my lynch when I flip town.

Vote hp [leaves]

And yes I'm sorry if I look lurky in this game- I got accused of the same in Election Mafia because the posts are big and hard to digest and I often (wrongly) favour posting in games where doing so takes less effort.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:41 am

Post by ortolan »

Santos (272) wrote:I guess no one got the hint that i am basically a plain townie, but can only deliver the deciding lynch vote, if i am going to vote at all today. And as you can see, i have not voted yet because i cannot or i will be modkilled.
No-one got the hint because that's an odd claim. It makes you kind of useless as town, doesn't it, especially as you're apparently not willing to engage in argument simply *without* voting.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by ortolan »

Simenon (292) wrote:A modkill resulting from a game rule being broken will be handled on a case-by-case basis. The rules governing breaking a role restriction, supposing such a role exists, will be in said role.
Why has no-one done the obvious and simply asked him what the consequences of him breaking his role restriction are? If he actually has one then Simenon has confirmed he knows what breaking it will do. Please do so, Santos, assuming this itself is not a mod-killable offence.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:57 pm

Post by ortolan »

I mean; assuming it is not a mod-killable offence, please tell us what the consequences of breaking your PR are.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:07 am

Post by ortolan »

It is, in a sense, a post restriction.

One more time: what is the consequence of you breaking your obligation to only vote when your vote will constitute a hammer?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 am

Post by ortolan »

Well, sorry, the mod's claim trumps yours

Unvote
Vote Santos
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:44 am

Post by ortolan »

More comments later, but:

Mod: is this a role-reveal or non role-reveal game?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:37 am

Post by ortolan »

Initially: I think Pear Bear' 325 was dumb not necessarily scummy.

If I read correctly then Flameaxe is being attacked for defending Santos' claim. I didn't think the claim was that unreasonable myself, seemed a perfectly possible role. The reason I voted him was simply that he basically directly contradicted what the mod had just said.

I need to look at hp[leaves] position on Santos' wagon to see if I can make more of a case against him. OGML also needs a re-read.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by ortolan »

OMGL (397) wrote:
ortolan wrote:I need to look at hp[leaves] position on Santos' wagon to see if I can make more of a case against him. OGML also needs a re-read.
Translation: I need to make it appear as though I'm considering doing something else with my vote, but eventually I'll just join the OGML wagon.
Way to be paranoid. For the record I only determined to re-read you because you'd earned a decent number of votes. I hadn't really been paying attention to you otherwise. But I certainly could vote you now.
OMGL (397) wrote:
ortolan wrote:If I read correctly then Flameaxe is being attacked for defending Santos' claim. I didn't think the claim was that unreasonable myself, seemed a perfectly possible role. The reason I voted him was simply that he basically directly contradicted what the mod had just said.
Simultaneously defending dead scum and Flameaxe, nice one.
Oh, sorry, I guess anyone who claims a role which is actually in the wiki should be policy lynched for it:

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Actor

Plus you and Jebus pseudo-attacking me for "beating around the bush" with Santos is an ungodly stretch.. I actually went out of the way to
confirm
via the mod that he was scum before voting him. Apparently it's scummy to not quicklynch someone who claims a role in the wiki nowadays.

You're not my number one wagon though.

Vote: hp[leaves]

See Post 251.

Subsequently, 262:
hp [leaves] (262) wrote:I think you misunderstood me. When replying to sirdanilot, I was saying I wasn't going to defend myself because I all had to protect myself was a meta defense.

On the vote/fos thing, I think I should change my playstyle a bit.

I like the pressure on Santos; but I don't think he's that scummy to have another vote on.

Unvote, Vote OGML
An offer to change his playstyle for me. Hmm. Null-tell.

Drawing attention to the pressure purposes of a vote simply serves to negate them.

To be honest I don't see any greatly increased chance of a link between hp[leaves] and Santos. He is scummy otherwise, however. And I agree that the prefix "Precooked" suggests there may well be multiple mafia factions anyhow, which means he doesn't need to be Santos' buddy to be scum. And I don't even think hp[leaves] has posted today? I like this vote, even better than the OMGL wagon.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

DGB: I believe the prefix alone might be taken to suggest multiple mafia, although to be fair I've been in two games where that was not the case- RealTime mafia had a mafia B but no mafia A, and a mini I was in, 701 I don't think differentiated the mafia factions when they died even though they were two different factions.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

and even if not another mafia there could still be a serial killer

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by ortolan »

Ok well I'm still waiting for hp[leaves] to post...

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by ortolan »

so, hp[leaves] has finally returned in 446 where it's basically too late for him to be wagoned and where he can't look scummy based on today's lynch because he's been away the whole day.

I also don't like hp[leaves] asking for more discussion in 470 because we have "4 more days" but then voting- hammering??? regardless the next irl day, in 486. I don't really find the vote itself scummy but it contradicted what he said earlier, which suggests what he was doing earlier was mere "spouting of pro-town platitudes".

I'm not opposed to the OMGL wagon- he's already claimed and has said he has no interest in further defending himself (his lynch is inevitable if it has not already been locked in). Thus

Unvote
Vote: OMGL
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by ortolan »

I agree, she seems fairly townie to me.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am

Post by ortolan »

Based on what you quoted in 522, DGB, I'm more inclined to think there was a guilty on Flameaxe than an innocent on OMGL.

Look at the "placeholder" vote, then the comment that there "might" be something more to it. Looks pretty damn strongly like a breadcrumb to me.

Vote: Flameaxe

Apart from what I think is a breadcrumb from a confirmed cop he's lurked like hell and made rather hypocritical comments concerning lurking in e.g. 140
Flameaxe (140 wrote:In other news, my vote reflects someone who needs to get in here.
In other other news, DGB is unusually quiet.
Counterpoint from Setanta/DGB: Flameaxe was attacked for having defended Santos' claim. If he was the same mafia as Santos, and Talitha can only investigate a different, "knife" mafia, then she can't have had a guilty on him. This relies on him actually having defended a scumbuddy to begin with however.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #24) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:03 am

Post by ortolan »

Don't be retarded then

You might be wagoning your scumbuddy (just a heads up)

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #25) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by ortolan »

Pear Bear admitting to "not doing any scum-hunting day one" won't help you much, because not only is it a newb-tell, but also possibly a scum-tell.

And I would ask what are you doing playing mafia if you don't like scum-hunting? :P

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #26) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by ortolan »

Are you going to attempt to defend from the cop's breadcrumb even?

Those voting for PB instead of Flameaxe, do you disagree with me on the breadcrumb?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #27) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Post by ortolan »

Flameaxe (623) wrote:
raider8169 wrote:Flameaxe you are at what L-2? How about a claim?
It doesn't matter, there's a guilty on him! Who give a shit, it's not like we'll believe him anyway!
The fact you're not even denying it was a guilty breadcrumb suggests you're very, very, very obv-scum. If you weren't paying attention the "guilty" was a breadcrumb from a dead and therefore *confirmed* cop. If you'd reacted by denying it was in fact a breadcrumb then I might have had a chance of believing you, but the fact you don't deny it means you know you investigate as scum, and therefore are scum.

I suspect asking for a claim is a waste of time, but you're obvscum anyway.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:38 am

Post by ortolan »

So Microphone_Kirby saunters up now when highly conveniently his apparently dissenting voice with the Flameaxe lynch was never heard prior to Flameaxe being lynched.
Flameaxe (652) wrote:Well... I'm a little surprised how f***ing fast Day Two went by: 4 (RL) Days out of 14? WTF!?!? Shocked

We seriously had plenty of time to discuss other potential targets, and then you all end the day like it was nothing??? NO. Not Good. Evil or Very Mad
Thanks for this exercise in "spouting pro-town platitudes" (I can't remember who I stole this expression from).
MK (652) wrote:
ortolan wrote:Based on what you quoted in 522, DGB, I'm more inclined to think there was a guilty on Flameaxe than an innocent on OMGL.

Look at the "placeholder" vote, then the comment that there "might" be something more to it. Looks pretty damn strongly like a breadcrumb to me.

Vote: Flameaxe
...Uh, not to me. It looked more like a "get your ass over here and post already" vote. That vote could've meant something else just as easily.
Why did you not think it was a cop breadcrumb and why did you not make your opinion on the Flameaxe wagon known sooner (say, before he was lynched?)
MK (652) wrote:Struck out what shouldn't be. I highly doubt that Talitha checked out Flameaxe (Yesterday was a strong feeling, Today there's no doubt).
Scum already know who the townies are (or in a game where there may be multiple factions they can at least have a good guess), so your reticence in painting someone as scum (not that you made it known at the time) won't win you any brownie points, and *especially* not retrospectively.
MK (652) wrote:To me, the entire lynch was simply a lurker lynch... and a very unnecessarily speedy one.
Pro-town platitude
MK (652) wrote:Granted, Flameaxe Voting for himself and being uncooperative didn't help him in the least. Still... I don't like the speed of it at all.

Vote: sirdanilot
, the first to mention that "Talitha checked out Flameaxe and got a guilty" was a possibility... that's what drove the Bandwagon, IMO. And I find it to be BS.
FoS
the other 450 Horsepower bandwagoners:
Setanta, Slicey, Farkshinsoup, Riceballtail, Azhrei, DrippingGoofball, ortolan, Seraphim
You couldn't be more scum if you tried. Again, please tell me why that didn't, to you, look like a breadcrumb, and why you failed to make your opinions known prior to Flameaxe being lynched. Complaining about the speed is perfectly crap when there were extremely valid reasons for voting Flameaxe, not least of which were his fucking self-vote and refusal to co-operate- including claiming. Not that there couldn't be scum on his wagon (and very, very likely are, based on probability alone), but pretending there was not an extremely valid reason for voting him and using that as an excuse to FoS *all* his wagoners is scummy in the extreme.

Vote: Microphone_Kirby
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by ortolan »

The PB wagon certainly seems reasonably justified.

I do find both DGB and Narsis' setup speculation a bit of a stretch though:

"hey, if there's only one night-kill, and maybe two mafia, they must both have a severe disadvantage each- the first is the lack of night-kill, the second is not knowing who one another are!"

It's certainly possible, but I don't really see how you've drawn this as a
likely
conclusion from the facts of the game so far

I also believe hp[leaves] hasn't posted in two weeks so I'd really, really like to hear from him about the latest events :)
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by ortolan »

I suppose so. The other thing that doesn't make sense is how can a mafia group that can't kill even win?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:06 am

Post by ortolan »

raider8169 (770) wrote:
ortolan wrote:I suppose so. The other thing that doesn't make sense is how can a mafia group that can't kill even win?
I doubt that is the case, mafia will have a way. We have to assume the game is balanced so they have to have some sort of means.
I agree. I'm saying I have a problem with the conclusion that a mafia faction has no way of killing because it makes no sense.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by ortolan »

Seraphim (784) wrote:Well, his play has been really weird which seems to indicate that he's not normal Mafia. At least, that's what some of the other players have been saying.
Do you have an opinion then?

I think zwet may be referring to a role like a gunsmith- which checks whether a player has a knife. It's certainly possible, but I also wonder whether they would have "cop" in their role title at all if all they did was check for a knife.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (isolation #33) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by ortolan »

But it's pretty imbalanced if there's another killing faction in the game, yes???

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:17 pm

Post by ortolan »

I'll post something in this game either tomorrow or on the weekend

I know it's been a while, sorry.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by ortolan »

Narsis (794) wrote:no. in fact, the game in question has an sk and two mafia. granted it's only an 8 person game...but i'd assume that it could scale up in some form or another.
That is a good point. It may be perfectly analogous to this game if the knife deaths are from an SK- the SK can kill but the mafia can't, they just have to dwindle the town's numbers until they have a majority like in nightless setups. This would suggest they had more players to start with if it's the case. But until we get a flip of "knife mafia", "knife SK" or similar or some other scum/neutral faction we really can't be sure.

Not quite sure what Jebus is accusing me of in Post 841 (I believe I already mentioned I very much dislike this posting style, I think it was in Martyr Mafia though). I see my name a few times, no quotes I can see, no "he is scummy because", just a bunch of references to posts which I'm not even sure are by me or by other people. I will add that it seems very much retarded to be voting for your acknowledged number 2 suspect irrespective of what your justification for doing so is.

Ironically I find myself very much agreeing with hp[leaves]' 862:
hp[leaves(862) wrote:Did you feel a bandwagon of that speed starting? Why the paranoia? Trying to push scummate out of the way of bandwagon?
Looks like you (Jebus) are trying to acknowledge Pear Bear looks scummy as all hell (although I personally have felt ambivalent about his wagon) but still trying to redirect the lynch. Hypothesising Pear Bear was your scumbuddy, it serves as a very good way of protecting yourself if he gets lynched and flips scum ("I said he was scummiest all along!!!") while still trying to divert his wagon.

The stuff with the string of posts 887 (AK), 897 (zwet) and then Jebus suggesting a massclaim based off in 898 it was utterly retarded. If you have no idea about the distribution of power-roles why the hell would you want a mass-claim? For all you know there might only be one or two power-roled townies left and the rest are vanilla, but what benefit exactly will outing exactly who the mafia needs to kill be?

I will tell you who I'm voting for immediately after AK answers this:

AK claim (paraphrase) your
full
role and any extra information your role pm contains now.

and I'm aware AK replaced Pear Bear, I was just typing as I read each post.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #36) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by ortolan »

just replace the word "retarded" in my above post with "scummy". I throw around the word too casually and it comes across as obnoxious (and politically incorrect) when I don't intend it to be. Soz.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (isolation #37) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by ortolan »

That is good, as you claimed only "vanilla townie" earlier I was wondering if we could catch you obviously lying (as "vanilla townie" would not be a role in this game).

Thus I will
Vote: Jebus

For the very scummy and opportunistic mass-claim suggestion, and voting for his admitted "number two" suspect (me).
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:45 am

Post by ortolan »

I know it certainly doesn't guarantee his alignment, but Jebus is my preferred lynch.

I was simply hoping he (AK) would certify himself as scum, but he didn't.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (isolation #39) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:05 am

Post by ortolan »

Seraphim (1063) wrote:Heh, well I'd say AK is pretty much confirmed town now.
Why?
Seraphim (1064) wrote:This is the second night in a row where a Mafia goon is dead...

Very interesting. Whoever is doing this, keep up the good work!
Why did you feel the need to say this?
Qanqan (1066) wrote:That picture made me LoL
zwet (1067) wrote:What a cute picture!
Agreed.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:22 am

Post by ortolan »

I will agree with zwet having had a glimpse over the previous day that AK is indeed unlikely to be of the same faction as DGB.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:37 am

Post by ortolan »

shaft.ed, I very greatly appreciate you taking over modding duties, would it perhaps be possible to edit a list of alive players into the "start day" post and/or get permission to edit the thread to edit the opening post?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (isolation #42) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:38 am

Post by ortolan »

Try that again:

shaft.ed, I very greatly appreciate you taking over modding duties, would it perhaps be possible to edit a list of alive players into the "start day" post and/or get permission to edit the thread to edit the opening post?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:08 am

Post by ortolan »

The desire by Seraphim to end the day so prematurely is noted

Apparently he needs to defend zwet, from zwet also

Vote: Seraphim

We've had enough complaints about the 2 irl day-days to be wary of a 3 day-day.

I'm definitely seeing a possible link between Seraphim and zwet.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (isolation #44) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:22 am

Post by ortolan »

Qanqan (1193) wrote:Seraphim, after checking and tallying all the past vote counts, for the past 3 days you have been at the head of the bandwaggons on townies (3rd to vote MK D4, then 2nd to vote AK D5 before being 2nd to vote Jebus in hopes of an easier lynch, then D6 2nd to vote AK again). It seems every townie that has been mislynched, you have been the main body of it. And now you're hoping for another quick bandwagon.
This is a well-made point. It does indeed look like Seraphim is playing "race to the finish" i.e. lynch as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, until the point he can end-game us.
Seraphim (1208) wrote:No, you could call it a trap really as there's no answer that makes you look town. You lurked and now that you're under fire, you're back in the game which confirms that you've been lurking which doesn't make you look good at all. The lesson: never lurk.
Great, he's learned a lesson from this! Why is he scum though???

Would someone point me to where he's supposed to have rolefished also please?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (isolation #45) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:04 am

Post by ortolan »

while both town and scum?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (isolation #46) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:23 am

Post by ortolan »

I should put more effort into this game.
Seraphim (1210) wrote:Actually, I'm getting a town read from Qangan now. I'm trying to force all the lurkers to come from their hidey holes.

Unvote
Vote: Minneko
Why so quick to change bandwagons, especially when I've drawn attention to your scummy case on Qanqan?
Seraphim (1214) wrote:Except that Minneko is the holy grail of lurkers. He votes for Pear Bear and disappears from the game. He either shows up and makes some posts or we lynch him. Now is the best time to start lurker hunting.
Please explain the rationale behind this.
Riceballtail (1218) wrote:Minineko reminds me greatly of K7, now that I think about it. Probably best to not have around if we get close to endgame.

Vote:Minineko
This justification lacks.
Slice (1225) wrote:bad players and lurkers might be scum. >_>
It's true they might be. What's your point?
raider (1253) wrote:Of course as minineko was pointed at first I am sure that is going to be today's lynch regardless as that is the way this game has been going.
I don't like you suggesting his lynch is a foregone conclusion like this.
Seraphim (1258) wrote:Are implying that either I or raider is scum? Actually, I can see Raider-scum...but I would much rather see Minneko the lurker die.
Why?

I do agree with PieIsPopcorn's 1273 suspicion of Seraphim. Not sure about the rest of the post though :P
PieIsPopcorn (1280) wrote:Sorry. Should I break my posts up into double-or triple posts in the future? That would cut down on the size, but I thought was frowned upon as well.
Please quote what you want to respond to then respond to it. Much better to read than those summaries you posted. I didn't go back and read any of the posts you mentioned. I don't mind long posts as long as they have something useful and reasonably clear to say. Your post might have been useful but it wasn't clear.
PIP (1281) wrote:I think that Mini was hoping to float under the radar while Activescum Dan and DGB drew attention to other players.
This is a good point.

I strongly favour the Seraphim wagon

Vote: Seraphim
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (isolation #47) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:21 am

Post by ortolan »

Seraphim (1327) wrote:I don't want town players to get lynched for my mislynch. Scum players are rejoicing because they have managed to direct another town mislynch. Lovely.
This makes no sense. You are suggesting town players will get mislynched for your mislynch (implying you will flip town and those on your wagon will wrongly look scummy), but then say that your wagon is "scum-directed".
Seraphim (1327) wrote:EVERYONE: Do you think that there are two scum groups?
Unless there is a bizarre night-kill mechanic it's pretty much guaranteed.
PIP (1335) wrote:So, why are you asking this question? If it's relevant to a reason you shouldn't be lynched- spit it out. Now.
I concur.

PIP's 1335 carries the right message- Seraphim is scum.
Seraphim (1336) wrote:Like the rest of the lynches in this game, this one has gone by ridiculously fast.
We are in a speed-game if you didn't notice. In fact as shaft.ed recently pointed out we're almost on deadline (and it would have already passed had an extension not been granted).
Seraphim (1336) wrote:Clearly no one can see that several players have been pushing cases the entire game on town players.
Which players are you referring to?
Seraphim (1336) wrote:We lynched scum DAY 1 and that's it: since then, scum have been in control. When I flip town, analyze my wagon.
This will happen when you die regardless, I don't see what the point of saying this is.
Seraphim (1336) wrote:I'm Daikon. I'm a giant white radish. I also help with digestion, especially of fats.
So, how about that role then?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:49 am

Post by ortolan »

Seraphim (1345) wrote:Alright, I'll explain myself. Everyone has stated that there are two scum groups. If there are two scum groups, chances are it would be 3:3:18 in order to be balanced.
This is just huge setup speculation and I don't know why you'd think that when it's clear there's not one kill per mafia group.
Seraphim (1345) wrote:It's highly unlikely that unless one of the scum groups is larger than 3 people that I was scum with DGB.
"Unless my scum group is larger than three people, I could not have been in it".

Any other reasons not to lynch you Sera?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 am

Post by ortolan »

LOL

in before vote

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:44 am

Post by ortolan »

were or are? I still think you're scum tbh

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by ortolan »

Seraphim (1372) wrote:Whoa. That wasn't a hammer?

I want to read Slicey, raider, and millar/whoever millar replaced in isolation and then see where my vote stands.
PIP (1375) wrote:
Unvote

Seraphim is practically confirmed town, due to that "twilight" claim. Therefore I'm going to my next suspect.

Vote: Millar13

QUICK WAGON GOGOGO

Raider- At this point I'm not sure if you're bussing Minn or Tony. But at the moment, the Millar wagon has so much more momentum it's insane. In addition, Millar has been extremely scummy since his replacement (See Post #1360), not to mention that Qanqan was just... wow. (Read him in isolation. I dare you.)
I went back to read his post because I thought he role-claimed but it turns out you based this on him saying "screw you guys, I was town", which means zip. This is not a valid reason for unvoting him.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (isolation #52) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:50 am

Post by ortolan »

whose lynch would you prefer millar?

are you still convinced Seraphim is town?

Stop setting up chain lynches also please raider and Slicey, it's very scummy.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (isolation #53) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:14 am

Post by ortolan »

I have up until now found millar's play to be anti-town/useless (see: 1404, 1406 and 1414).

But this:
millar (1430) wrote:With people like Seraphim and Slicey on the town...i'd rather not to tell the truth
is actively scummy. I reiterate the question already asked of you- how do you know they are town?
Azhrei (1436) wrote:1. THere's some sort of role blocking people from defending.
I hope this is a joke.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (isolation #54) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by ortolan »

millar- why did you state emphatically that Seraphim and Slicey are town?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (isolation #55) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:18 am

Post by ortolan »

millar (1473) wrote:Ortolan how come...there is a just a blank post from a guest after post 1471, makig me 1473. Is there a ghost?
What are you talking about?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (isolation #56) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:14 am

Post by ortolan »

millar (1483 wrote:Slicey sounds like a mafia member who is looking for a lynch. He sees millar13 as a easy target, and wants the lynch to stick. Giving him "control" of the town
Prove him wrong then. Tell us why he's scum.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (isolation #57) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:05 am

Post by ortolan »

Jahudo (1502) wrote:Maybe he is scum but in reading his posts I believe he is more frustrated noob town that is also acting anti-town. I want to see him get in the game and give real analysis.
I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being. millar who do you find scummy- anyone besides Slicey?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (isolation #58) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

I am happy to hammer

Claim please millar

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (isolation #59) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:45 am

Post by ortolan »

Either way I'll add my vote on, self-voting (apparently a fake hammer???) is not going to convince me.

For the record he did already claim vanilla townie, also (1391)

Vote: millar13
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (isolation #60) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Post by ortolan »

^^ me, obviously. Sorry.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (isolation #61) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:10 am

Post by ortolan »

hydra account (see DHSDSM)

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (isolation #62) » Sat May 02, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by ortolan »

Jahudo - Minineko seems the best avenue to pursue right now. I certainly don't think we should just be lynching lurkers for their own sake this late in the game, but if Minineko is drawn and fails to give satisfactory responses then yes, he should be lynched.

I particularly don't like Minineko's 1555:
Minineko (1555) wrote:Yeah, I really don't see evidence of a typical SK. Only one kill each night.
He's trying to dissuade us from searching for an SK. It's obvious that the pre-cooked mafia is not a killing faction-
three
out of four of their dead players died from night-kills.

Yesterday's behaviour was also scummy.

When PIP died he posted
Minineko (1396) wrote:That totally makes up for yesterday's lynch fail.

I need go back and reread stuff in hopes of finding interesting stuff. Still can't get "into" this game.

Meow.
Regret at dead townie or boasting of dead scum is often a scum-tell (especially if, as I'm thinking, he himself committed the kill).

He also tells us effectively that he doesn't have any reads on anyone.
Minineko (1517) wrote:Going to have to go back and read again. Everything I read here goes ummm... in one eye and out the other?

I certainly don't have to to go back to the start :(

Meow.
He
still
doesn't have any reads on anyone.

Minineko, who are your top suspects for being scum?

Consider me to have a provisional vote on him until this question is answered satisfactorily (I don't want a quickhammer).
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (isolation #63) » Fri May 08, 2009 10:05 pm

Post by ortolan »

Let's do it.

Vote: Minineko

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (isolation #64) » Mon May 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Post by ortolan »

Good game guys

I think the setup was pretty imbalanced towards us personally- it was hard for the pre-cooked mafia not to get raped by attrition before they got close to the end-game, but their existence also made it much easier for us to avoid getting lynched, because we could just pseudo-scumhunt the whole game.

While Jungle Republic might be balanced I think if u just double the setup with the same number of kills that's what probably unbalanced it- there's twice as many chances for the "mafia" roles to die before end-game.

I think more town
and
pre-cooked mafia power-roles might have improved things.

I am kind of happy none of us got lynched at any point though :)

I found sirdanilot and DGB pretty scummy, as well as Santos obviously after that blatant fakeclaim.

I really did not expect Pie Is Popcorn to flip mafia when we killed him, I wanted to kill him for being/looking so pro-town :)

I also wanted to kill Seraphim for ages partly because I thought he was scum while everyone else seemed to think he was town and I didn't want him living and causing us trouble. The one night Slicey targeted him though the kill got redirected, to DGB.

Thanks for modding, Simenon and shaft.ed!
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1651 (isolation #65) » Tue May 12, 2009 3:22 am

Post by ortolan »

Really?

Can you post the QT please? :)

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (isolation #66) » Tue May 12, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by ortolan »

What was their win-con meant to be btw?

And who did you investigate Talitha?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (isolation #67) » Wed May 13, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by ortolan »

Your qt was an interesting read pre-cookies

I will post ours if no-one objects

I also think your daytalking and organising bandwagons actually helped us a lot because you gave us easy town wagons to join which looked like they had a lot of legitimate support and never actually targeted us for a lynch.

It was funny seeing how much the day-talk dropped off when sirdanilot and DGB were killed on consecutive nights.

It was also amusing seeing you wonder why Seraphim wasn't targeted because he looked scummy but everyone seemed to think he was town; and you wondered why DGB was targeted- that was exactly my thought process on Seraphim and ironically we did target him but it got redirected to DGB.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (isolation #68) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:04 am

Post by ortolan »

http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/8NAejxABGkhF

that's our quicktopic if anyone's still interested

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”