Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Confirm.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Vote: Plum
. The first voter on the vote count.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm assuming it's 13 to lynch?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Unvote, Vote: Riceball

I almost always vote Day One self-voters. Personal philosophy of mine. And a (exceptionally minor) scum tell, which is better than random at this point.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

seraph wrote:And who are you to call whether or not the random voting stage is over?
Are you suggesting that someone cannot look at a beginning section of a game and note the abundance of purely "random" votes while simultaneously looking at another section of a game and note the lack of the purely "random" votes?

Are you really criticizing someone for saying "Look everyone, it looks like people aren't using "random" as an excuse to vote!"

Also, what difference does it make if someone says "Hey everyone, we're out of the voting phase?" Hell, I'll say it right now:

Hey folks! Guess what? We have officially moved beyond the voting phase. Now, this little "go between" of pure random and logical-based sections of voting is a bit squishy, and we can expect to see votes to be based off of reason that won't really hold any weight in (game) days to come (or, even later on today in Day One). However, it's a necessary yet painful process for this game to develop and mature... much like your own, personal experiences with puberty. Nobody likes it, but it's something you weather to get to bluer skies. But, it's official: The random voting stage is dead! Let's try to raise the bar, folks.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:08 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Hey folks! Guess what? We have officially moved beyond the
random
voting phase.
Heh, fixed. I shouldn't post on here after I start drinking.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Green Crayons »

unvote, vote: Microphone_Kirby
. 118 + 122 aided in this decision.

Not too happy with Seraph voting. Knee-jerk reaction is that he said something anti-town. Which he did. That doesn't necessarily make it scum, just anti-town. It would seem to me voting him is just too easy, which would be perfect for lazy town or scum.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

seraph wrote:@Post 109

1. If you can't note this, you probably shouldn't be playing Mafia.
2. Yes, because it merely adds to the uselessness of his post, as stated above.
3. I don't care, so long as they actually post content along with the little, useless reminder.
4. Your sarcasm is noted! Have a nice day! 8D
So you're completely comfortable with voting someone who was attempting to help move the town out of the random voting stage because you qualify all the aspects of his posts - which were helping to establish a break from the random stage (for him at the very least, and helping nudge others into the same post-random voting stage mentality) - as a "useless reminder?"

Something's a useless reminder if it's already well known and agreed upon. Your very post makes it seem like we can't agree upon when the random stage ended, so I don't really see how it would meet the standards as a "useless reminder."

I don't really like anything you have to say to excuse your behavior.
dan wrote:I hardly see how 118 can add anything to your decision, but whatever.
118 = original reason to vote; 122 = reason to keep my vote where it is.
dan wrote:Wait, what what what. How is voting Seraphim for that any easier than voting Microphone Kirby for the role speculation? That's just nonsense. Role speculation is anti town too, and I could also say 'that doesn't necessarily make him scum' but I won't because I am of course looking closely at MK. What interests me more than MK himself, however, is the bandwagon on him though.
Role speculation is pro-scum, not something readily identified as just anti-town. So, you're right: they are both easy votes to follow. One just is more legitimate than the other.

That said, I welcome the pressure on Seraph. I think his later posts are quite informative. But now I can also eye the people that decided to vote for him later in the game.
DGB wrote:One of these three players is scum, and being bus'ed.
Vote M_K and we'll see if you're right about this guy.
raider wrote:I agree having it go so far to a lynch is bad however pressure is always good. I do not think enough people would back it to go to a lynch.
Your immediate acquiescence to DGB's reasoning makes me curious if you already thought this? If so, why did you ask?
Kirby wrote:RC) Both mentalities are merely opinion; Null because you did "it" before and "it" being a scumtell. Sure many people share the second thought, but then that makes it merely popular opinion.
So, then, what to you qualifies an action as a tell, or do you believe they simply do not exist? As far as I can tell, that's the point you're trying to make here.
dan wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote: Protip: Saying "Well the random stage is over so unvote" and not doing anything else is scummy.
If we lynch him, it will be a lesson well learned.

unvote, vote: Slicey
Your willing to lynch someone over just that?
On page 6, it's an excellent reason. Besides, I like to pressure these kinds of players, and he's opened the door.

He's not the only one who's done that, you know. Sentata did, just a couple of posts after him. I feel that lynching someone for that would be a tad over the top, unless they gave us additional reason when pressure was applied.
I feel something in this post, but not clear enough. Please remind me to comment on this later.
You mean Azhrei's minor partnering with Slicey and/or Sent? Because that's what I see.

Can Seraph please use quotes instead of "@ post #?" It's much easier for me to read that way instead of having to scroll up the page or click back several pages. Also easier for me to tell to what specific part of a post he's responding. Thanks.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Green Crayons »

dan wrote:@greencrayons: I didn't post that second quote.
Which one? I pulled both from your 139. They come one right after the other in your original post.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Green Crayons »

M_K wrote:Me, I rely on contradiction as a more sure tell; the conflict of actions. I believe in contradiction as a tell so much, I dare say it's fact. Its served me well.
Then again, I think there's no truly 100% reliable scum-tell other than admitting s/he's scum. One might say my opinion of contradiction as a tell it's merely opinion gathered from experience, which is what I say of "role-fishing" as a tell.
So are you suggesting there is never behavior found to be common amongst scum?

Seraph wrote:OMGUS much, RBT?

I'll post more tomorrow or Sunday as I'm in no condition to think clearly right now.
Strawmanning. Pretending RBT's vote is pure OMGUS while ignoring what reasons there were behind it. Then attacking the easier, fake position. Also, are you in a more reasonable position to explain your strawmanning?

Hybris wrote:Voting RBT because rice balls should not have tails. A-ok and bandwagoning worthy.
Mentioning Lynchers and Jesters. SCUM!
Voting RBT because rice balls should not have tails is a stupid vote and quite obviously a product of the near-pointless random voting stage.
Voting someone who is mentioning lynchers and jesters in such a way as to hopefully find out who these potential power roles may be is scummish. Town wouldn't do this at the beginning of the game because they would have no reason to believe that there would be any other scum groups than Scrum Group A and Serial Killer A (with maybe a Scum Group B/Serial Killer B thrown in). Lynchers and Jesters are a very specific search and only paranoid scumbags who want potential rivals offed to better secure themselves would role fish for them at the beginning of Day One.
This is what the original push behind a vote for M_K was
, or it was at least as far as I'm concerned. I'm waiting for the conversation around him to mature a bit more until I reread his posts post-vote attention, but I think I will be enjoying my vote even more with his responses while in the lime light.
Azhrei wrote:I find OGML's post about how 'we're lynching M_K' very scummy. Why are you so convinced he's scum?
I find this behavior very indicative of someone not wanting the thread to get bogged down in the usual lengthy Day One multiple lines of suspicion. Normally I would find it scummish outside of ScumChat, but with a definite deadline I don't think it's necessarily an indication one way or another of his alignment. Honestly, I think its something that should be kept in mind for a few days down the road.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Santos wrote:Catching up on the next page I notice a lot of people would rather vote for me being honest as opposed to posting some BS excuse that I can't read a forum thread of a few pages and will do so in several days from now. Pathetic.
So why were you actively lurking?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:15 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Can I ask the mod a favor and put the numerals for each deadline in the thread title (or some other easy to find place)? My life operates on day numbers (as opposed to day names or something akin to that) and it would help me greatly to be able to have a quick reference as to when deadlines are approaching and how much time between the now and then remains.

Many thanks if you oblige.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”