Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Hybris »

raider8169 wrote:
Vote Slicey

Number 18 is always scum.
I thought it was 13?
Or 7?
Either one of those, 14, or wS, one of those. I forget the exact nature of these crazy rumor truths sometimes, forgive me. :P
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Hybris »

Green Crayons wrote:I'm assuming it's 13 to lynch?
Actually, no. Its twelve due to the secret role in the game that makes all lynches to need one less vote while alive.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:32 am

Post by Hybris »

I've been looking through, and I disagree that RBT is even too much of a case, seeing as it has only one person voting on it, which is the same as several others. The only real build-up on RBT was in the random stage, which people unvoted from since.

If I'm right on this, the Seraphim wagon is mostly about him claiming that the random stage isn't over, or rather, that people thought thats what he said. Which I can kind of see how that would be misconstrued, and how it could be scummy. More scummy than M_K right now, because I'm just not seeing that one, but not really scummy enough for a vote because I can see the misgauging of it.

Speaking of... could somebody restate the M_K case in clearer words, because right now it looks to me that the majority of the case on him is that he speculated and joked about the jester and lynchers in the random stage where everybody is messing around. I'm hoping thats not the case, or else the wagon is a massive logical failure. I'm pretty sure (read; hoping) that there is more to it, but I can't find it.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Hybris »

This has been floating in my head for a bit, and I just need to put this example of what this is like to me.

Voting RBT because rice balls should not have tails. A-ok and bandwagoning worthy.
Mentioning Lynchers and Jesters.
SCUM!

Just had to get that out of my head, and I think it accurately shows why I'm disturbed by this wagon to those on it regardless.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Hybris »

Ok yeah, its been over a day in a two week deadline game, is nobody going to respond at all?
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Hybris »

Green Crayons wrote:
Hybris wrote:Voting RBT because rice balls should not have tails. A-ok and bandwagoning worthy.
Mentioning Lynchers and Jesters. SCUM!
Voting RBT because rice balls should not have tails is a stupid vote and quite obviously a product of the near-pointless random voting stage.
Voting someone who is mentioning lynchers and jesters in such a way as to hopefully find out who these potential power roles may be is scummish. Town wouldn't do this at the beginning of the game because they would have no reason to believe that there would be any other scum groups than Scrum Group A and Serial Killer A (with maybe a Scum Group B/Serial Killer B thrown in). Lynchers and Jesters are a very specific search and only paranoid scumbags who want potential rivals offed to better secure themselves would role fish for them at the beginning of Day One.
This is what the original push behind a vote for M_K was
, or it was at least as far as I'm concerned. I'm waiting for the conversation around him to mature a bit more until I reread his posts post-vote attention, but I think I will be enjoying my vote even more with his responses while in the lime light.
I think you slightly missed what I was getting at. My point was, why does the fact that it was in the random stage absolve all scumminess from the otherwise idiotic RBT votes, but not from the Jester/Lyncher thing M_K mentioned?
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Hybris »

Talitha wrote:Hybris, the scummy thing about mentioning jesters/lynchers is the fact that M-K was thinking about jesters and lynchers at a point in the game where town knows nothing about the setup apart from that there's mafia out there somewhere. Idiotic random votes are made early day one in just about every single game by town and by scum. (Basically what Green Crayons said). Do you really think there's something odd or scummy about the RBT votes or are you just using it as a defence of MK? If yes, can you please explain further?
Well, I don't find anything scummy at all about the RBT votes, which is my point. I see it as meaningless things done for the sake of entertainment in the random stage. I would assume the same would hold true to other things in the random stage, which is my point.

And actually, even if it wasn't in the random voting stage, I don't see how its that scummy regardless. Personally, I know that its despised around here and I can actually understand that meta thought process despite not having it. But considering nobody here will even consider it due to the hate all on the boards have of the roles, you really wouldn't expect it to be in the game and this would be at scummiest derailment even in seriousness, due to it being like speculating there is an SK spare the much less likely chance of it actually being so. But its in the random stage, so the only thing I find scummy about it disappears.

Ok, I'm going to ask a question to everybody on the wagon; Do you really think he was being serious about it, given that its so despised on the boards as the mere mention of it at a joking time garners this kind of reaction, and that same hate would keep all the roles like those out of the games thus making it next to pointless to ask if being serious?
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Hybris »

Ok... I missed that the first time he said it, I read and my mind went "generic I'll post later" comment. So um... yeah. I don't think thats how he intended it to come across, but he has some serious explaining to do. Actually...

Vote: Santos

Because right now, its looking to be either him or M_K, and right now that comments making me lean to him.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Hybris »

Quick quetion though Santaos, though I don't think it matters. Do you need to deliver a hamervote to stay alive, or can you just not vote unless its a hammer vote?

((Still
no
reason to not offer speculation or pay attention though. You just essentially are a vanilla with no vote. If its the former though, that'd be borderline bastard modding.))
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Hybris »

DrippingGoofball wrote:More importantly, what happens if he hammers himself?
I'd assume he just dies. :)
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Hybris »

Pear Bear wrote:I didn't think that Santos was scum either, and that by being one of the few to not vote him I would assure my nonscumminess.
Just as a quick question, how did you assume that would assure you're not being scum, even if he was town. There still leaves the wide possibility that you were a mafiate who knew he would be lynched without your help, and stood off the wagon to make that very claim to non-scumminess. So I'm not seeing why thats such a good reason.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Hybris »

Seraphim wrote:
post 325 wrote:EBWOP:

Stupid question:

Does scum know the identity of other scum in this game?
Why would town want to know this? Why do you care? This is very odd, in my opinion, and seems to indicate that you are some sort of anti-town role...

There are other reasons why I find Pear Bear anti-town, but I don't have time to list them ATM.
Only thing I would be able to guess is that he was asking if the mafia knew each other, though thats still kind of a rare question to ask, only ever brought up if you suspect they aren't for some reason or another.

Also, still waiting for a response to my other question.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Hybris »

Simenon wrote:I am here and will update shortly. Sorry all.
Uh... I don't get it. Why do people make posts like this? Its decently scummy and doesn't actually throw any content in. Also, its followed about 90% of the time by them not actually putting the said review up. *Getting it out of my system*
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Hybris »

Oh. *headdesk* And that makes four horrible screwups today...
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Hybris »

Why is M_K so high up? That lyncher/jester thing was in the random stage, and I'm honestly seeing that as a random comment. I really don't see why that part is getting brought back again and again.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Hybris »

Hybris wrote:Oh. *headdesk* And that makes four horrible screwups today...
*points to the quoted message* :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”