sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:26 am

Post by sirdanilot »

So now we're waiting on santos and badguy. Can we start already while we wait, and if they don't come replace them?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:00 am

Post by sirdanilot »

vote: hp [leaves]

Seriously do we even have any reason for him to be alive right now?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:26 am

Post by sirdanilot »

raider8169 wrote:
Vote Slicey

Number 18 is always scum.
Said the scumbuddy?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:37 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Jebus wrote:
Vote: Sirdanalot

Bad translators are baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
Do you realize that this blasphemy of my user name is sufficient reason to policy lynch you right now?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:50 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Pear Bear wrote:Yay!
Attention!

Vote: Microphone_Kirby

And on a completely unrelated note, I know sirdanilot
quite
well from another forum. However he has no possible way of knowing who I am!

BWAHAHAH!
Oh no, please don't tell me you're also from PR. You're PE right...

Oh yes, I'm sure you am. Nobody else would say 'BWAHAHAH!'. Except Glassy but there's absolutely no way you can be Glassy.

Also I think I'm on to something with hp [leaves] here. But that may be just 3rd page paranoia from my side.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:52 am

Post by sirdanilot »

ebwop: wow, double crosspost

Also, I'd like to drop a very subtle hint at the moderator:

IT'S SIRDANILOT NOT SIRDANALOT. THANK YOU.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

Hybris wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:I'm assuming it's 13 to lynch?
Actually, no. Its twelve due to the secret role in the game that makes all lynches to need one less vote while alive.
Oh snap, hi hp [west]s scumbuddy!

(hint: role knowledge is a scum tell)
unvote vote Hybris
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:20 am

Post by sirdanilot »

I used to jump on self voters like crazy, but in my experience it is too minor to make it more likely for the self-voter to be scum. Then again, I do appreciate people going after this incy-wincy tiny little scum tell instead of just joking around.

What is more important, is the reactions of people seeing such a scum tell. I'm enjoying sitting on my luxury chair and observing the reactions of the players.

So, RBT, why did you self vote? Let's hear it.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:35 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Pear Bear wrote:@dan

Its DJ.
You probably don't even remember me, but I sure as hell remember you.
DJ... DJ DJ DJ...

Sorry but that doesn't ring a bell, although I do think that if you tell me your name without the abbreviation I will think 'oh so THAT'S you!'.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:12 am

Post by sirdanilot »

sirdanilot wrote:
Pear Bear wrote:@dan

Its DJ.
You probably don't even remember me, but I sure as hell remember you.
DJ... DJ DJ DJ...

Sorry but that doesn't ring a bell, although I do think that if you tell me your name without the abbreviation I will think 'oh so THAT'S you!'.
Oh, I remember already! It's Don Juan!

Now that's a nice coincidence. :)
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:29 am

Post by sirdanilot »

...grrr
Seraphim wrote:
Azhrei wrote:The self-vote, and following discussion, appear to have brought us out of the random stage :D

However, while I agree it's generally not very significant, I think it's something to look at.
(1)And who are you to call whether or not the random voting stage is over? (2)And why is the self-vote something to look at?
1. Who are you to say it is continuing? Who are you to withhold information from the town by preventing someone from actually encouraging serious (=pro-town) posts?
2. How about it's the
only
thing we can look at? Again, who are you to withhold that incy wincy tiny little clue from the town?

I absolutely cannot stand people with this behavior, it's so scummy (especially early day 1, when things get magnified) that it almost tilts my scum radar.
unvote vote Seraphim

*psshhhhhhhh*
Ah there, that cooled it down a bit. Thank you! :D
Riceballtail wrote:
UNVOTE

Sorry I happened to like the joke about my name being something sushi-ish. Random voting should be silly, as it breaks the ice for people who haven't met in a game before.
I honestly find it bothersome people reacted that strong.
What? Why do you find it bothersome that people take a incy wincy tiny little scum tell to get even the slightest bit of information to catch scum? Why, maybe because you're Seraphim's scumbuddy!
fos riceballtail

(note that this fos has nothing, or at most very little, to do with your self vote itself)
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:30 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Big post coming up.
hp [leaves] wrote:Man, too much speculation in one early-game post. And I'm currently playing at two mind-screw games. Not willing to instantly jump on the wagon; but this is definitely worth a FoS.
FoS M_K

Also sirdanilot, I'd like to hear your case against me.
First I would like to hear why you choose to FoS and keep your random vote instead of actually voting, and why you think this is pro town.
Green Crayons wrote:
unvote, vote: Microphone_Kirby
. 118 + 122 aided in this decision.
I hardly see how 118 can add anything to your decision, but whatever.
Not too happy with Seraph voting. Knee-jerk reaction is that he said something anti-town. Which he did. That doesn't necessarily make it scum, just anti-town. It would seem to me
voting him is just too easy
, which would be perfect for lazy town or scum.
Wait, what what what. How is voting Seraphim for that any easier than voting Microphone Kirby for the role speculation? That's just nonsense. Role speculation is anti town too, and I could also say 'that doesn't necessarily make him scum' but I won't because I am of course looking closely at MK. What interests me more than MK himself, however, is the bandwagon on him though.
OhGodMyLife wrote:I agree with Green Crayons.
now that's easy, isn't it.
the biggest part of Seraphim's post which is too big to quote wrote: stuff
Wait, this is exactly what you said:
And who are you to call whether or not the random voting stage is over? And why is the self-vote something to look at?
The former strongly implies that you do not agree that the random voting stage is over. The latter strongly implies that you do not think the self vote is something to look at.
@Post 116

(1)Who are you to up and decide that the point of my post was to attack for the content of his post instead of the lack of it? (2)If I had decided that ending the random voting phase and noting that someone had self-voted was scummy, I'd need multiple votes to vote for you all. (3)Also, calling riceballtail as my scumbuddy already? This kind of thing is bad as it sounds like you're setting up for future lynches.

FoS: sirdanilot
(1)Look above, that is what I deduced from it and quite honestly I don't really see how you could have meant anything else.
(2)Not at the time of your post.
(3)Once upon a time, in a far away land, there was a pot. He met a kettle. He said: "Guess what? You're black!". And they lived happily ever after.
(hint: V)
his two other foses
Blatantly spreading suspicion around like that is a scum tell to me. And you also chose to stop committing to one target, and just wait and see which bandwagon will turn out the biggest. Not liking this, Seraphim.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:06 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Plum - is your only point of discussion with me about Seraphim? In that case, I'll just continue the discussion with Seraphim and we go from there.
Seraphim wrote:@ Post 139
The former strongly implies that you do not agree that the random voting stage is over. The latter strongly implies that you do not think the self vote is something to look at.
And I've already explained this. Seeing as you cut out that part of my post, I hope you've read at, as it explains my reasoning. Yes, I could have worded it better, but it got the job done.
I did read it, although I agree that it deserves to be analyzed more in depth, so I will quote it now. Anyway, the fact that it is being discussed now means that it did not get 'the job done'.
Seraphim wrote:(1)I think it should be obvious that these points are obvious. (2)I find the fact that he merely repeated what had been said previous to his post. (3)Yes, it should be obvious that the random stage is over. Which means half of his post means nothing. (4)And of course the self-vote should be looked at and is not important...and that's the other half. In other words, I was merely asking for more information, more content with which myself and the town can use to discover more information and get good reads on any many players as possible.
(1) What a logic. Priceless.
(2) I assume you mean that you found that scummy?
(3) Then why didn't you say that you mean there was nothing of value in that post. Quite honestly I can't deduce that from it. Also, even if that's what you meant, why did you ignore raider, who didn't add anything of value either other than a jokevote (at least I think it was).
(4) The sentence regarding the self vote was a little bit clearer so I can live with that. But again, why azhrei over raider...
(1)Also, I think you're confusing having multiple suspicions("casting a wide net"
) with calling scum partners. (2)I'm saying, this is what looks scummy. It doesn't mean I want them lynched. It means that I have a problem with the post and that it looks scummy. (3)Sliecy was pushing an invalid point. You are pushing several crappy reasons on me. And M_K was rolefishing.
1 The only difference is that I have enough confidence to vote one of my suspects while you don't. Meaning that you are not ready to commit to one target yet and you can pick one at your whim (probably the biggest bandwagon). Me calling RBT 'your scumbuddy' is nothing other than expressing suspicion of RBT.
2 Which is the exact same thing I am saying, that this particular action of RBT was scummy. I haven't mentioned lynching RBT anywhere either. There is absolutely no difference.
3 And you said some very scummy things and so did RBT. I decided to vote you, which is actually better than what you have done (not voting anyone to wait and see).
None of these on their own, in my eyes, deserve a vote. Is there a problem with expressing my problems with multiple people? Do you not like where my chain of reasoning is going?
There's the problem that I have described above. You have put yourself in the comfortable position of being able to vote the biggest bandwagon.
That's
my issue with you.
What you are doing is scummy as you seem to be looking for easy lynches later. Let's say riceballtail flips scum. Isn't it easy to say that 'Oh, well, Seraphim did this in the random stage and I called that the two of them were scumbuddies! Let's lynch them now!"?
What you are doing is scummy as you seem to be looking for easy lynches later. Let's say the bandwagon on MK grows. Isn't it easy to say that 'Oh, well, remember my case on MK in the random stage and I called that he was scum! Let's lynch them now!"?
And then, let's say MK flips town. Isn't it easy to say that 'Oh well, Slicey did this in the random stage and I called that he was scum! Let's lynch them now!"?
And then, let's say Slicey flips town. Isn't it easy to say that 'Oh well, sirdanilot did this in the random stage and I called that he was scum! Let's lynch them now!"?
I'm not saying that any of my suspects should be lynched. I'm saying that they've done something anti-town and that I'm on to them.
Which is exactly what I am saying.

To be completely honest, Seraphim, my suspicion on you regarding the Azhrei case has dropped slightly, but my suspicion on you regarding the 'casting a wide net' has increased dramatically. My vote stands.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:11 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Seraphim, I am going to look closely at my own post as well as your answers since not including quotes makes it easier for you to avoid certain points. I am not going to say you're scum because you don't quote, but it would certainly be pro-town to quote since it makes it easier to check whether your responses covered everything or not.
Seraphim wrote:@Post 160 and 161

Something about your posts just scream anti-town to me. I can't figure out what it is, but when I do...
Building up to a bandwagon vote are we? :)
1. Isn't my logic epic, though?
2. Yes, sorry. That post was hastily constructed.
3. Because, at that point in the game, pointless post lurking is worse than lurking IMO. Lurkers get replaced. Coasters don't.
4. I didn't say there wasn't anything of worth because I didn't.
2 Could you quote me some posts of others (before the azhrei post) that contain the information you suspect azhrei of copying?
3 You ignored my comment about ignoring raider.
4 ^ I want you to reply to that first.
Now, for the second part...

1. I can buy the part about RBT. But I can't buy the entire idea of confidence. I think having multiple suspects is a good thing, especially on day 1. Tunnel vision without regard for the rest of the town only hurts unless your suspect is scum.
A townie would find a way between these extremes. You see, casting a wide net is easy for scum since it allows them to flip flop and change at their whim. Tunneling is also easy for them since they can ignore anything else that's happening in the game. Of course I have seen townies tunneling too, and if done correctly it can give some major information but I do not agree with tunneling if it's being done for an entire day 1 (for example).
You see, your entire 'I'll just vote for the biggest bandwagon" case isn't true. I FoSed only one person with a true bandwagon on him at the time and now. I'm getting a town read off of you from our little back-and-forth. I'm also getting a town read from Slicey, though I wish he'd post more. I'm still not sold on a Microphone_Kirby lynch, though his recent posts leave me uneasy.

Also,

Vote: riceballtail

You should post more content as you have been limited to (barely) defending your self-vote and pre-inning DGB's possible game. Oh, and self-voting. Post moar, please.
I'm at a loss why you suddenly flip over and vote a completely different person now. Anyway, I haven't got a town read on you yet. I am still confident with my vote on you.
@greencrayons: I didn't post that second quote.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Seraphim and Riceball is just noise right now. We're lynching M_K. This game has serious strict deadlines, lets not mess around.

M_K, its not tunnel vision, its looking for scums that aren't your scumteam.
Who are you to decide that? I do not like this attitude at all. And that last sentence is so completely useless and bad. I hope that you can see that yourself?

Nevertheless, I do see the case on MK. I just don't think we should ignore Seraphim or RBT, as the discussion with them gives us a lot of information, and obviously I suspect them more. I do not like at all how you are dismissing that completely. In fact you may be very well succeeding in diverting attention off them and onto MK. But I would suspect you more if I would not see the MK case, but I do see it. And the fact that I can see it makes it plausible that someone pushing for a lynch may in fact be town. (plausible, not probable or more likely)
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

Pear Bear wrote:Just lurking over here as my random vote on MK seems to have been a bit more than just random...
Active lurking = scum tell. Post please.
Seraphim wrote:I'm not sure if I noted this, but I will be quoting normally again. That was just an experiment and I didn't like the format much either.
Thank you.
post 178 wrote:Building up to a bandwagon vote are we?
Or maybe I'm just getting bad vibes off of him? I just don't like some of his posts even if they aren't inherently anti-town.
That doesn't clear my suspicion at all.
post 178 wrote:Could you quote me some posts of others (before the azhrei post) that contain the information you suspect azhrei of copying?
Aragh...third window, coming up...you're going to make me crash my browser, you know?

For the self-voting part, check out posts 77-99.

For the 'we're out of the random phrase' part...
post 81 wrote:I almost always vote Day One self-voters. Personal philosophy of mine. And a (exceptionally minor) scum tell, which is better than random at this point.
post 86 wrote:What is more important, is the reactions of people seeing such a scum tell. I'm enjoying sitting on my luxury chair and observing the reactions of the players.

So, RBT, why did you self vote? Let's hear it.
And on and on. Once discussion gets serious, it's clear that the random phase is over. His post had no content in it, so I felt he needed more prodding.
Alright then. You have defended yourself to the point that I feel comfortable withdrawing this part of your case. I'd only be bullshitting myself if I would continue to suspect you over this.
post 178 wrote:You ignored my comment about ignoring raider.
Because I couldn't resist as his statement was so easy to question. His post stood out to be as I read it. That should answer both questions, I believe.
Maybe it's my lack of having English as a native language but I have absolutely no idea what you are getting at here.
So my net is wider than your's. Is that really a scumtell? You're right, I don't think anyone right now is incredibly scummy. I still think RBT needs to contribute more as she is kinda flying under the radar at the moment.
Wait so you don't think RBTY is incredibly scummy at the moment either?
post 178 wrote:I'm at a loss why you suddenly flip over and vote a completely different person now.
If I don't have a good suspect, I will vote lurkers or players I want to hear from. It's become...I suppose 'meta' is the word. You see, especially in Day 1, a vote is a statement. Unlike an FoS, however, this statement has merit. Votes, as a statement, can mean multiple things. My vote means that I want pressure on RBT to post more content.
I don't agree with lurker votes and never will. Unless they are active lurking or clearly not posting content (like the person you see below). Rereading gives that RBT posted on that very page, but that it did not contain any content. This is a valid reason to vote him. Still, I find it iffy...
Santos wrote:Yes, I am semi-lurking, but I am not hesitating to post; I just don't have much to add at the moment as most of the discussion usually works itself out. I'm in no hurry to lynch anyone: If a decision needs to be made, then I don't mind being the deciding vote...
what? 'I'll active lurk but don't worry I don't mind to hammer at deadline!'
unvote vote Santos

I will still keep a
FoS Seraphim
but the reasons above leave me confident enough to unvote him for now.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:42 am

Post by sirdanilot »

We seem to have at least 4 lurkers, pear bear, santos, alvinz and septia. Don't shoot me if I forgot one.

In my opinion, you cannot classify the latter two as actively lurking anymore since they haven't posted in a while. If they pop in with another useless post then yes I could see how they are actively lurking together with pear bear and santos.

Lurker lynches, however, are mostly useless and bad town play. The only exception I make to this is Santos, for the reasons I posted (in short: not willing to discuss, but willing to hammer).

The only thing we can do to conventional lurkers (who just don't post) is to request for them to be replaced out. The only thing we can do with active, but otherwise not scummy lurkers is to FoS them and request them to post. We can only lynch them if nobody has a suspect, which will not happen. But of course there are other ways, most of which will stop working if I reveal them (but are probably obvious enough for the more experienced players). The only thing we can do with active, scummy lurkers is to lynch them. In fact, I would recommend doing so.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:52 am

Post by sirdanilot »

This santos bandwagon is not only awesome because santos is probably scum, just look at the huge amount of information on the bandwagon itself. DGB, I don't really see your point why hp west in particular would be so extremely scummy when Santos flips scum. Nor OGML's raider/MK scum pair. In fact, day 1 scum pair fishing? Isn't that pretty much useless? Because we don't know any alignment yet.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:06 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Back, rereading.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:44 am

Post by sirdanilot »

OGML

(one player thread numbers)
12 and 13: this alone warrants a very big FoS
17: this alone warrants a vote
In the following posts, OGML has pushed for a MK lynch:
day 1: 4, 5, 6, 10, (11), 13, (15), 16.
day 2: never!
In the following posts, OGML has brought up Raider/mk scum pair:
day 1: 7, 15
day 2: never!
In the following posts, OGML has posted no content (and I'm being nice here, counting posts like 'scumpartner?' as content since they at least contain some form of accusation):
day 1: 0-3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
day 2: 18
Only the following posts contain more than one line of text:
day 1: 5, 13, 17 (lol), 19, 20, 21, 22

Seriously just look at the day 1 behaviour. He contributed next to nothing, other than 'lynch mk lynch mk' only to swap to santos at the end. Day 2 is possibly worse. Strategic lurking lead to people starting other cases, letting some steam off OGML. Let us analyze some.

18 - absolutely useless.
19 - what purpose does mentioning someone is town serve when you aren't even mentioning a suspect (where is the mk/raider scum pair?)
20 - another town mentioning. this one is especially juicy as he'll say dgb is scum later on.

So now I have to go, but there's probably a hell of a lot more stuff out there but I am a bit busy right now (and I will continue being busy the first half of this week) so unfortunately I don't have time to squeeze all the juice out. What I do have time for though is to
vote OhGodMyLife

Sorry for the hasty, unfinished post but I wanted to throw my thoughts out there despite not being finished putting them together yet.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:10 am

Post by sirdanilot »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Seems like this upcoming lynch has my name on it. Well, better now than at endgame, and better me than a deadline no lynch.
I love how you're so sure about this and aren't really doing anything effective to prevent it from happening.
Sirdan, a) how does pushing an M_K lynch make me scum, b) how does the fact that I haven't tried to lynch M_K today make me scum, c) how does commenting that I think raider and M_K are a likely scumpair make me scum and d) how do one-line posts make me scum?
a) Because you suddenly turned to Santos and opportunistically hopped on to bus.
b) No explanation for the turn around from LYNCH MK LYNCH MK LYNCH MK to complete ignoring him (save a few snide comments)
c) Because you have completely stopped mentioning them day 2 is one reason. The second, more important reason is that you gave yourself a backup lynch, and all that without any reasoning provided.
d) not necessarily, it's more that you provide very little reasoning with everything you do. and note the quick turnaround to very long posts day 2.
sirdan wrote:what purpose does mentioning someone is town serve when you aren't even mentioning a suspect
Oh, plenty, don't you worry about it.
For scum there's probably plenty of purpose yes. Okay I'll stop worrying.

Also see what DGB said in 428, I don't really have anything to add to that. I don't usually say something like that, I don't like blindly following someone but that post is just spot-on so in this case I feel no reason to reiterate it.

I love how you have no comments on the big OhGodI'mScum posts you made.

Let's lynch OhGodMyLife more votes please
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:46 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Talitha wrote:Without good evidence, I would never support lynching an aggressive, vocal player who has helped lynch a scum on day 1 and who is contributing well to the game. Because if they're town they are very useful to have around, and will become more useful as the days go by. If they are scum they are at least giving us info and are more likely to trip up than the lurker or "safe" poster. Town needs to use lynches for getting rid of scum, lurkers, or lurking scum. I do not think OGML is the best choice for a lynch.
a.k.a. promoting lurker lynch

Promoting lurker lynch is humongously anti-town. So far, I have not been convinced at all that Azhrei is more likely scum with Santos than OGML. We are at deadline you know.
DGB, have you paid attention to anything I've posted? My opinions on the wagon haven't changed.
I haven't seen anything scummy or lynch-worthy from OGML.
I think the case against him is rubbish. I am sorta resigned to the lynch but I will not support it. If he turns out to be scum I will be surprised (but not amazed as I've been wrong on occasion).
So, absolutely no reason to vote OGML right? What did you say earlier?
Talitha a couple posts earlier wrote: I made myself pretty clear already, but I'll humour you.
Day 1: (1)Bandwagoner, follower, (2)voting on the easy-looking lynches, (3)simplistic conditional suspicions (e.g. "if X flips Y, I'm going to Z") that demonstrate lack of townish diligence, and fit best a scum looking to cruise.
Day 2: Again on the easy wagon du jour. Reasons for voting OGML - the "turnaround" appear hypocritical, seeing as Azhrei did the same turnaround. The difference given is that OGML was pushing harder for the M-K lynch before the turnaround, but pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have much more reason than scum to do, and it is a weak reason to vote someone.
1, 2 - OGML did these as well, towards the end. No reason to suspect ogml
at all
?
3 - For OGML we can easily replace this with mk-raider scumbuddy" . Or "suspecting 12 out of 24 players", if you prefer. Your pick.

What is worse? Voting early on a very sensible bandwagon or continuing to push for a lynch (with the reasons for the bandwagon not even being very good at all) and then just jumping around and voting
your scumbuddy
the inevitable lynch? What is worse, suspecting half the players in the game or... wait, what is the azhrei equivalent again? Oh yeah, there is none!

Note that I am talking about how Azhrei was early on OGML day 2; I know he was later on Santos day 1. This makes me understand your azhrei suspicion
slightly
more, but still I am appalled at how you can say that OGML has dropped no scumtells at all, and I still don't see at all how you can find Azhrei more scummy than OGML.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:54 am

Post by sirdanilot »

It seems our mod has abandoned our game? What are we to do in such a scenario?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:00 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Oh that's okay then.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:11 am

Post by sirdanilot »

talitha why?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:38 am

Post by sirdanilot »

seraphim wrote:(this is a triumph)
Why is you being still alive a triumph? Are you so desperately avoiding to be scummy?

Also I thought the mod would have returned yesterday, but he still isn't here. It seems that he will have truly abandoned us if he does not pop in VERY quickly now... (as in within 1-2 days).
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:37 am

Post by sirdanilot »

I'm also going to guess that, having a innocent result on OGML, she scanned down her list of suspects for the next scummiest player. And there she found Flameaxe and Azhrei.
Huh, she never dropped even a slight HINT of OGML suspicion day 1. I do not find it very unthinkable at all that we're actually dealing with an Azhrei or Flameaxe guilty here.

Premise: Talitha was the COP.
Premise: Talitha found Azhrei and Flameaxe SCUMMY.
Conclusion: We should look very closely at Azhrei and Flameaxe since they are now SUSPICIOUS.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:52 am

Post by sirdanilot »

I do in fact think that she has either investigated Azhrei or Flameaxe. I find it personally rather unlikely for her to have investigated OGML because she never mentioned him as a suspect day 1. Why would she investigate someone she didn't suspect in the slightest? I just don't see why she would.

I too think that voting Flameaxe is a good idea right now. 'Nuff said for now.

vote Flameaxe
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:33 am

Post by sirdanilot »

What do you think about Azhrei and Flameaxe?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

I find Slicey's case very good as well, although I still feel more like keeping my vote on Flameaxe for now, this may change depending on a Pear Bear or Flameaxe reply.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:59 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Seraphim wrote:Instead of rereading day two, I decided to make my decisions solely based on what's happened today so far. Right now, my vote could go to one of two people...one of whom I was pretty sure was scum yesterday, which would be Pear Bear.

I'm going with the sure thing...I think Pear Bear is scum.

Vote: Pear Bear

I love Slicey's case which really sums up all my problems with PB.
Did you just say that you were going to base your vote on what has happened today,
and
vote the person you found the most scummy yesterday, even though he hasn't posted anything to day yet, in one post?

So much for contradictions.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:42 am

Post by sirdanilot »

What?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #33) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:23 am

Post by sirdanilot »

hint: explain what you don't understand
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:55 am

Post by sirdanilot »

What PB's defense comes down to, is purely that he is a newbie. Normally, I would be inclined to play with newbies (outside of newbie games) no differently than with experienced players. This is better for the newbies and can also exploit their weaknesses. This helps the play of the game AND the play of the newbie in his next games.

However, in this case I cannot play with PB like this, for two reasons. Firstly, I know for a fact that he is completely new to this kind of mafia. I used to play with him on a different site and we played a game that did have the mafia concept of uninformed majority, informed minority, but that's mostly it. It's not anything like the kind of mafia played here, so I am very inclined to believe he is in fact a newbie to scumhunting. It would've been better for him to join a newbie game first to learn how to scumhunt without any guidelines other than what the players are saying in-thread.
The second reason is that it's better to ask him questions rather than just lynch him because he isn't scumhunting. Asking him questions about things will bring up more information about his alignment. For an example, see how DGB is dealing with this.

I am
not
defending him because he is a newbie, but I am saying that you should change your interrogation technique to make the results more accurate.
-------------------------------------------------
That said, I find Flameaxe popping in with no content whatsoever absurdly anti-town and scummy too, meaning that I am keeping my vote on him.

More flameaxe votes gogogo
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:31 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Lurking
Breadcrumbed as scum day 2 by Talitha-COP.
Purposefully not defending himself
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:Well... I'm a little surprised how f***ing fast Day Two went by: 4 (RL) Days out of 14? WTF!?!? :shock:

We seriously had plenty of time to discuss other potential targets, and then you all end the day like it was nothing??? NO. Not Good. :evil:
ortolan wrote:Based on what you quoted in 522, DGB, I'm more inclined to think there was a guilty on Flameaxe than an innocent on OMGL.

Look at the "placeholder" vote, then the comment that there "might" be something more to it. Looks pretty damn strongly like a breadcrumb to me.

Vote: Flameaxe
...Uh, not to me. It looked more like a "get your ass over here and post already" vote. That vote could've meant something else just as easily.

raider8169 wrote:The case on flameaxe seems to only be based on him lurking. Is there something more to it?
sirdanilot wrote:Lurking
Breadcrumbed as scum day 2 by Talitha-COP.

Purposefully not defending himself
Struck out what shouldn't be. I highly doubt that Talitha checked out Flameaxe (Yesterday was a strong feeling, Today there's no doubt).
To me, the entire lynch was simply a lurker lynch... and a very unnecessarily speedy one.
Granted, Flameaxe Voting for himself and being uncooperative didn't help him in the least. Still... I don't like the speed of it at all.

Vote: sirdanilot
, the first to mention that "Talitha checked out Flameaxe and got a guilty" was a possibility... that's what drove the Bandwagon, IMO. And I find it to be BS.
FoS
the other 450 Horsepower bandwagoners:
Setanta, Slicey, Farkshinsoup, Riceballtail, Azhrei, DrippingGoofball, ortolan, Seraphim
What? Someone who refused to claim, was supposedly breadcrumbed by the COP and didn't seem to mind his own lynch got lynched SO FAST?? What a disgrace!
Okay, so now it turns out there wasn't a breadcrumb. That doesn't mean we didn't have a reason back then to suspect it was.
There was NOTHING wrong with it being such a speedy lynch. Firstly, this is a SPEED game. Secondly, Flameaxe didn't contribute ANYTHING to the town at all. Not even the MINIMAL contribution of a CLAIM! I would probably lynch him again if I saw this, he looked THIS scummy. What could you possibly have wanted to discuss, with him being at l-2, refusing to claim or contribute anything? Did you want to discuss 'oh okay so X looks scummy too!'. You know what, this is just anti-town. If someone is so obviously scummy, he needs to be LYNCHED, and if that happens QUICKLY what's the problem? Are you just going to sit out the deadline with him not posting anything useful? What could that lead to?
Also, how was this a LURKERLYNCH? It was anything but that. It was a COP BREADCRUMB bandwagon, and then a CLAIM REFUSAL LYNCH. That he didn't contribute ANYTHING to the town AT ALL only helped his case.

Seriously, it really looks like you're just trying to look good by condemning the towny lynch, and FoSing half the players in the game. No real vote analysis, nothing. Just shouting and whining about how the lynch went too fast (which it didn't).

And no this isn't OMGUS, I would've reacted the exact same way if you had voted any of the others you listed there.
vote MK

also
MK wrote:Why I didn't give my opinions before Flameaxe's lynch: none of your business.
die scum die
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:55 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:Oi! What the heck is that supposed to mean, MK? Are you trying to be uncooperative?
I tried Cooperative and it didn't do shit... so yes.

This feels much better, TBH. :D
hi mk-scum. are you mimicking flameaxe? because I couldn't see a towny doing that! oh wait you aren't a towny.

also zwet
, Jesters really don't exist unless it's hinted in the first post or the flavor, or the mod is a ruthless bastardmod. Putting a jester in a setup without the townies knowing about it would absolutely ruin them if they were in fact scumhunting well. It would not improve the quality of the game. Jesters reduce all scumhunting (all the town has basically) to mere wifom and moderators don't want to have that happen to normal (as in, jester-free) games. So really you should not assume MK is the jester.

Premise: Jester tell = scum tell.
Conclusion: MK is scum
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #38) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

bah
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (isolation #39) » Wed May 13, 2009 8:34 am

Post by sirdanilot »

gj everyone

I thought our mafia did really really well at first. I'm really sad I got NKed, and well without DGB I knew our team would've been lost.

saillant détail
: We actually didn't realize we could daytalk until AFTER the major Santos bus. Great cooperation scumbuddies!

DGB was a driving force in our team.

When I was alive our team thought that there was some traitor-ish role doing the killing for us. That's why some of us declared a couple of times that a certain person is town in order to get them killed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”