Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Post by Talitha »

Nearly caught up with the thread but regarding Slicey everyone seems to just be skim-reading.
- Slicey's vote on Seraphim was
not
random (post 119)
- Slicey gave a reason for the unvote; it was
not
because random voting phase was over.
- Slicey weakly attempts to tell everyone this in post 153.

However I do have Slicey on my suspicious list because he didn't make more of a fuss when everyone was accusing him of something that's not true. I think a townie would be more indignant. It's a bit weak, but it's good enough for day 1 suspicion.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Post by Talitha »

unvote: raider
vote: MK

For the post pointed out by OGML - I think that scum are more likely to be consciously or unconsciously thinking about possible non-scum roles when they behaviour in the thread that doesn't look normal.

Also for lack of subsequent townish vibes.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by Talitha »

the above should read "...when they
see
behaviour in the thread..."
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:11 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Seraphim, I am going to look closely at my own post as well as your answers since not including quotes makes it easier for you to avoid certain points. I am not going to say you're scum because you don't quote, but it would certainly be pro-town to quote since it makes it easier to check whether your responses covered everything or not.
Seraphim wrote:@Post 160 and 161

Something about your posts just scream anti-town to me. I can't figure out what it is, but when I do...
Building up to a bandwagon vote are we? :)
1. Isn't my logic epic, though?
2. Yes, sorry. That post was hastily constructed.
3. Because, at that point in the game, pointless post lurking is worse than lurking IMO. Lurkers get replaced. Coasters don't.
4. I didn't say there wasn't anything of worth because I didn't.
2 Could you quote me some posts of others (before the azhrei post) that contain the information you suspect azhrei of copying?
3 You ignored my comment about ignoring raider.
4 ^ I want you to reply to that first.
Now, for the second part...

1. I can buy the part about RBT. But I can't buy the entire idea of confidence. I think having multiple suspects is a good thing, especially on day 1. Tunnel vision without regard for the rest of the town only hurts unless your suspect is scum.
A townie would find a way between these extremes. You see, casting a wide net is easy for scum since it allows them to flip flop and change at their whim. Tunneling is also easy for them since they can ignore anything else that's happening in the game. Of course I have seen townies tunneling too, and if done correctly it can give some major information but I do not agree with tunneling if it's being done for an entire day 1 (for example).
You see, your entire 'I'll just vote for the biggest bandwagon" case isn't true. I FoSed only one person with a true bandwagon on him at the time and now. I'm getting a town read off of you from our little back-and-forth. I'm also getting a town read from Slicey, though I wish he'd post more. I'm still not sold on a Microphone_Kirby lynch, though his recent posts leave me uneasy.

Also,

Vote: riceballtail

You should post more content as you have been limited to (barely) defending your self-vote and pre-inning DGB's possible game. Oh, and self-voting. Post moar, please.
I'm at a loss why you suddenly flip over and vote a completely different person now. Anyway, I haven't got a town read on you yet. I am still confident with my vote on you.
@greencrayons: I didn't post that second quote.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Green Crayons »

dan wrote:@greencrayons: I didn't post that second quote.
Which one? I pulled both from your 139. They come one right after the other in your original post.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Slicey »

Talitha wrote:Nearly caught up with the thread but regarding Slicey everyone seems to just be skim-reading.
- Slicey's vote on Seraphim was
not
random (post 119)
- Slicey gave a reason for the unvote; it was
not
because random voting phase was over.
- Slicey weakly attempts to tell everyone this in post 153.

However I do have Slicey on my suspicious list because he didn't make more of a fuss when everyone was accusing him of something that's not true. I think a townie would be more indignant. It's a bit weak, but it's good enough for day 1 suspicion.
I didn't say anything because you beat me to it. >_> I think it was plum who said that my post was similar to Sentata and he posted after I did. I just read that post now, was going to say that it wasn't true, but you did it already for me. >_>

As for M_K, I feel that the "rolefishing" was kind of a joke...at first. See, the problem with me is that I can't tell when people are joking and when people are being serious in the random voting stage. I thought he was joking, but his posts after that made me feel really uneasy. I didn't really like what he said, when trying to defend his actions. Not worth a vote yet, but I'll keep my eye on him.

Also, don't like alvinz latest post. Seems like he's here, although he isn't providing any content.

Also, sorry for being a little inactive. Skype is taking over my soul. >_>
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

hp [leaves] wrote:
Microphone_Kirby wrote:
Flameaxe wrote: A) He joined in march. That isn't exactly "newb" territory anymore.
B) If we all had the mentality of "it was a stupid mistake!", we would never get anywhere.
C) It isn't a null-tell because you've done it as town. If there was a bit more sarcasm there, and he made it obvious it was a joke (which he made obvious it wasn't), I could see it. But when it comes right down to it, it s a scumtell.
RA) No, but would you say Three games on-site w/one of those I bailed out in the middle of be considered "newb"?
I will tell you this, though: I've played at least 8 games off this site, so that probably isn't considered "newb" at all. :P
RB) ... Too true. If this mentality didn't exist, then I would've been lynched in Kirby Mafia when I feel I should've: Day one. ;)
RC)
Both
mentalities are merely opinion; Null because you did "it" before and "it" being a scumtell. Sure many people share the second thought, but then that makes it merely
popular
opinion.
Admitting he's scummy ?_? I don't understand this post at all.
Then I'll walk you through it.
The first statement is posing a question and stating facts... although I do not wish to prove said fact at the moment, if at all. :P
The second statement is merely reflection.
The third statement is merely opinion. And speaking of said statement:
Green Crayons wrote:
Kirby wrote:RC) Both mentalities are merely opinion; Null because you did "it" before and "it" being a scumtell. Sure many people share the second thought, but then that makes it merely popular opinion.
So, then, what to you qualifies an action as a tell, or do you believe they simply do not exist? As far as I can tell, that's the point you're trying to make here..
Me, I rely on contradiction as a more sure tell; the conflict of actions. I believe in contradiction as a tell so much, I dare say it's fact. Its served me well.
Then again, I think there's no truly 100% reliable scum-tell other than admitting s/he's scum. One might say my opinion of contradiction as a tell it's merely opinion gathered from experience, which is what I say of "role-fishing" as a tell.
Talitha wrote:
unvote: raider
vote: MK

For the post pointed out by OGML - I think that scum are more likely to be consciously or unconsciously thinking about possible non-scum roles when they
see
behaviour in the thread that doesn't look normal.

Also for lack of subsequent townish vibes.
Then lets flip the scenario. Tell me: what would Town do "when they see behaviour in the thread that doesn't look normal"? (My opinion in parentheses)
Would they play along? (if they're insane)
Would they ignore it? (the sensible thing, considering what has transpired :roll:)
Or would they get curious... maybe suspicious? (Most likely. Happened to me.)

... What I find laughable is that I'm Voted on for thinking - out loud - that I thought two people had
the two biggest "ignore me"
independent
roles
I've ever seen. :lol:
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:17 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

M_K, just two words - Selective Scumhunting
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Seraphim wrote:Now, for the second part...

1. I can buy the part about RBT. But I can't buy the entire idea of confidence. I think having multiple suspects is a good thing, especially on day 1. Tunnel vision without regard for the rest of the town only hurts unless your suspect is scum.

You see, your entire 'I'll just vote for the biggest bandwagon" case isn't true. I FoSed only one person with a true bandwagon on him at the time and now. I'm getting a town read off of you from our little back-and-forth. I'm also getting a town read from Slicey, though I wish he'd post more. I'm still not sold on a Microphone_Kirby lynch, though his recent posts leave me uneasy.

Also,

Vote: riceballtail

You should post more content as you have been limited to (barely) defending your self-vote and pre-inning DGB's possible game. Oh, and self-voting. Post moar, please.
Hi, I just got back from v/la late last night. You know, that big bold thing that's in my sig?

This looks like an opportunistic park vote for scum because of the accusations against him.
VOTE:Seraphim
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Seraphim »

OMGUS much, RBT?

I'll post more tomorrow or Sunday as I'm in no condition to think clearly right now.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Simenon »

Vote Count

Microphone_Kirby (6)- Pear Bear, OhGodMyLife, Sipylus, Green Crayons, Jebus, Talitha
Seraphim (3)- CounselWolf, sirdanilot, Riceballtail
raider8169 (2)- Plum, Septia,
Alvinz95 (1)- Flameaxe
Flameaxe (1)- raider8169
Slicey (1)- DrippingGoofball
Riceballtail (1)- Seraphim

Not Voting (Santos, alvinz95, ortolan, Sentata, Slicey, Microphone_Kirby, hp [leaves])

13 to lynch. 9 days.
Last edited by Simenon on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:26 pm

OhGodMyLife wrote:M_K, just two words - Selective Scumhunting
...HUH??? What the hell are you talking about??? Is that like Tunnel Vision or something??? :?
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Seraphim wrote:OMGUS much, RBT?

I'll post more tomorrow or Sunday as I'm in no condition to think clearly right now.
My vote has more reasoning than yours.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Seraphim and Riceball is just noise right now. We're lynching M_K. This game has serious strict deadlines, lets not mess around.

M_K, its not tunnel vision, its looking for scums that aren't your scumteam.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Seraphim and Riceball is just noise right now. We're lynching M_K. This game has serious strict deadlines, lets not mess around.

Who are you to decide that? I do not like this attitude at all. And that last sentence is so completely useless and bad. I hope that you can see that yourself?

Nevertheless, I do see the case on MK. I just don't think we should ignore Seraphim or RBT, as the discussion with them gives us a lot of information, and obviously I suspect them more. I do not like at all how you are dismissing that completely. In fact you may be very well succeeding in diverting attention off them and onto MK. But I would suspect you more if I would not see the MK case, but I do see it. And the fact that I can see it makes it plausible that someone pushing for a lynch may in fact be town. (plausible, not probable or more likely)
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:32 am

Post by Hybris »

I've been looking through, and I disagree that RBT is even too much of a case, seeing as it has only one person voting on it, which is the same as several others. The only real build-up on RBT was in the random stage, which people unvoted from since.

If I'm right on this, the Seraphim wagon is mostly about him claiming that the random stage isn't over, or rather, that people thought thats what he said. Which I can kind of see how that would be misconstrued, and how it could be scummy. More scummy than M_K right now, because I'm just not seeing that one, but not really scummy enough for a vote because I can see the misgauging of it.

Speaking of... could somebody restate the M_K case in clearer words, because right now it looks to me that the majority of the case on him is that he speculated and joked about the jester and lynchers in the random stage where everybody is messing around. I'm hoping thats not the case, or else the wagon is a massive logical failure. I'm pretty sure (read; hoping) that there is more to it, but I can't find it.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:52 am

Post by raider8169 »

Sorry I am falling behind, something happened and the game was removed from my watched topic. Will catch up and post today.
CounselWolf
CounselWolf
Goon
CounselWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:15 am

Post by CounselWolf »

sirdanilot wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:Seraphim and Riceball is just noise right now. We're lynching M_K. This game has serious strict deadlines, lets not mess around.

Who are you to decide that? I do not like this attitude at all. And that last sentence is so completely useless and bad. I hope that you can see that yourself?

Nevertheless, I do see the case on MK. I just don't think we should ignore Seraphim or RBT, as the discussion with them gives us a lot of information, and obviously I suspect them more. I do not like at all how you are dismissing that completely. In fact you may be very well succeeding in diverting attention off them and onto MK. But I would suspect you more if I would not see the MK case, but I do see it. And the fact that I can see it makes it plausible that someone pushing for a lynch may in fact be town. (plausible, not probable or more likely)
Wel, I don't think it's just OGML who's decided that we're apparently lynching M_K. I think everybody who voted M_K thinks that as well.

sirdan - while you are right, we do have to
technically
focus on someone to lynch them. I thought that was obvious. I guess I didn't really pick up on the "M_K is scum" case. I'll re-read, but for Day 1 with the mandatory February 1st deadline, I think it's an ok case.

To the re-read I goes.
Show
"I cannot fiddle, but I can make a great state out of a little city." - Themistocles

Megaton Mafia is in the works.

"And when the woman I love presents me with a child the first words it shall utter will be : CF Riot" - Hymn to CF Riot
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 am

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Seraphim and Riceball is just noise right now. We're lynching M_K.
This game has serious strict deadlines, lets not mess around.

OK...
that's
tunnel vision. That much I'm sure of. :|
And 8 Days is
plenty
of time to speculate... for me, at least. :D
You're making a situation out of... well, something that isn't one. Yet.
FoS: OGML

Hybris wrote:Speaking of... could somebody restate the M_K case in clearer words, because right now it looks to me that the majority of the case on him is that
he speculated and joked about the jester and lynchers in the random stage where everybody is messing around
. I'm hoping thats not the case, or else the wagon is a massive logical failure. I'm pretty sure (read; hoping) that there is more to it, but I can't find it.
... I'd say that's pretty much the basics of it. :|
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Simenon »

Prodding Pear Bear, Jebus
SEND THE VECTOIDS
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Got about half way through my reread and the wife is kicking me off the computer. For those that didnt know we have a semi new baby and the wife likes to feed the baby while she is on the computer.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Slicey »

Hybris wrote: Speaking of... could somebody restate the M_K case in clearer words, because right now it looks to me that the majority of the case on him is that he speculated and joked about the jester and lynchers in the random stage where everybody is messing around. I'm hoping thats not the case, or else the wagon is a massive logical failure. I'm pretty sure (read; hoping) that there is more to it, but I can't find it.
That's kind of how I see it as well. However, I didn't like his responses to people voting for him, as I said before. I won't vote for him yet until I go back and re-read what he said which I can't do right now cause I'm busy. >_>
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Hybris »

This has been floating in my head for a bit, and I just need to put this example of what this is like to me.

Voting RBT because rice balls should not have tails. A-ok and bandwagoning worthy.
Mentioning Lynchers and Jesters.
SCUM!

Just had to get that out of my head, and I think it accurately shows why I'm disturbed by this wagon to those on it regardless.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Hybris wrote:This has been floating in my head for a bit, and I just need to put this example of what this is like to me.

Voting RBT because rice balls should not have tails. A-ok and bandwagoning worthy.
Mentioning Lynchers and Jesters.
SCUM!

Just had to get that out of my head, and I think it accurately shows why I'm disturbed by this wagon to those on it regardless.
That's what I thought as well. Is that the whole reason everyone is voting for M_K? And also, I find OGML's post about how 'we're lynching M_K' very scummy. Why are you so convinced he's scum? Or perhaps you know he's not, and you're scum yourself?
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Post by Santos »

@raider, the baby doesn't need food. It needs cocaine!!!! :p
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”