Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Santos wrote:Catching up on the next page I notice a lot of people would rather vote for me being honest as opposed to posting some BS excuse that I can't read a forum thread of a few pages and will do so in several days from now. Pathetic.
So why were you actively lurking?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by ortolan »

hp [leaves] (168) wrote:Ouch, big post.
sirdanilot wrote:First I would like to hear why you choose to FoS and keep your random vote instead of actually voting, and why you think this is pro town.
Well, I don't have anything to say about this except a barely acceptable meta defense; so I'll just say I'm slow with my votes and thank you for reminding me.

Unvote

Flameaxe wrote:
ortolan wrote:Not liking the MK bandwagon

Unvote

I see his comment about jesters as stupid/newb rather than scummy, thus it is a scumtell. I did the same in RealTime mafia when I was town (and newb).
A) He joined in march. That isn't exactly "newb" territory anymore.
B) If we all had the mentality of "it was a stupid mistake!", we would never get anywhere.
C) It isn't a null-tell because you've done it as town. If there was a bit more sarcasm there, and he made it obvious it was a joke (which he made obvious it wasn't), I could see it. But when it comes right down to it, it s a scumtell.
I completely agree and
FoS ortolan
for the meta defense.
What is scummy here?

Four things.

Firstly, the obvious fact you appeal to meta and then attack me for using it.

Secondly, you Unvote at the beginning of your post, express suspicion of me but then fail to vote me. To paraphrase roflcopter, FoSing someone while not at least voting someone else (rather than simply voting the person) is scummy as all hell. It indicates a desire to attack the person while not being associated with their bandwagon.

Thirdly, if analysed this argument is getting into the realms of severe improbability.
The only scum motivation for MK having brought up RBT being a jester is that he is his scumbuddy trying to prevent him being lynched by suggesting he is a jester. The only motivation I have for defending MK on bad grounds is that I am his scumbuddy. Already hugely unlikely, unless you're arrogant enough to think you can catch 3 scum like that (and if you don't think all 3 of us are scum together you don't have *any* argument against us, because nothing else explains RBT's and then my response.)

Fourthly (and this isn't as big a scumtell in and of itself) you've basically deferred to Flameaxe's reasoning here. Coupled with you FoSing rather than voting me this very much looks like you want to attack me while not looking like you're attacking me so that you're not associated with my lynch when I flip town.

Vote hp [leaves]

And yes I'm sorry if I look lurky in this game- I got accused of the same in Election Mafia because the posts are big and hard to digest and I often (wrongly) favour posting in games where doing so takes less effort.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:15 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Can I ask the mod a favor and put the numerals for each deadline in the thread title (or some other easy to find place)? My life operates on day numbers (as opposed to day names or something akin to that) and it would help me greatly to be able to have a quick reference as to when deadlines are approaching and how much time between the now and then remains.

Many thanks if you oblige.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:11 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Santos wrote:Catching up on the next page I notice a lot of people would rather vote for me being honest as opposed to posting some BS excuse that I can't read a forum thread of a few pages and will do so in several days from now. Pathetic.
So you were being honest about having nothing to say, but being willing to hammer anybody.

Great!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Simenon »

Vote Count

Microphone_Kirby (7)- OhGodMyLife, Sipylus, Green Crayons, Jebus, Talitha, Azhrei, hp [leaves]
Santos (5)- Seraphim, sirdanilot, DrippingGoofball, Hybris, Sentata, Slicey
OhGodMyLife (2)- Microphone_Kirby, Riceballtail
Seraphim (1)- CounselWolf
raider8169 (1)- Septia,
Alvinz95 (1)- Flameaxe
Flameaxe (1)- raider8169
Pear Bear (1)- Plum
hp [leaves] (1)- ortolan

Not Voting (Santos, alvinz95, Pear Bear)

It has come to my attention that my "not voting" column is woefully inaccurate. I apologize for the inconvenience.

13 to lynch. 5 days.

Yesterday's prods, today!
Last edited by Simenon on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:16 am

Post by raider8169 »

Yeah was thinking he would post something explaining something as too why he is willing to hammer but nothing else. That goes beyond lurking.
Unvote, Vote Santos
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Simenon »

Prodding alvinz95, Flameaxe

Sipylus has not picked up his prod and will be replaced.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

I still think OGML is clearly scum, but I think this Santos wagon a) has merit and b) will actually go somewhere today

Unvote; Vote:Santos
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Raider, M_K scumpair is making itself obvious.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Plum »

My apologies for having a hard-ish time concentrating enough on this game.

Having said that, I'm intrigued by the case on Santos, and I'm actually rather liking it. If you'll recall I voted Pear Bear in my last post for lurking and stating that his random vote on MK had become more than random and he was going to leave it on to see what would happen. I didn't really truck with that, asked him a few questions, and voted.

PB responded to me, at least, acknowledged that lurking like that wasn't a good idea, oddly said that MK's apparent psudeo-rolefishing might have been pro-town (WTH, though I didn't see it as a huge scumtell either), and unvoted. A decent response showing common sense, at least, though it's not like I'm putting him in my obvtown book any time soon.

Santos, on the other hand, said that
Santos wrote:Yes, I am semi-lurking, but I am not hesitating to post; I just don't have much to add at the moment as most of the discussion usually works itself out. I'm in no hurry to lynch anyone: If a decision needs to be made, then I don't mind being the deciding vote...
Which, in Sirdan's words, roughly translates to 'I'll active lurk but don't worry I don't mind to hammer at deadline!' That's worse than PB, and PB at least stopeed doing the anti-town, scummy thing he was doing, which is a plus. Active lurking and a professed willingness to hammer as he pleases without contributing to discussion and just letting discussion 'work itself out' (protip: One more townie in a discussion is, generally, a good thing, etc.) is a very decent scumtell, and a much more clear one than I've seen out of MK, PB, seraphim, RBT, or OGML, though I would like to do a reread or at least a rescan of OGML later (tis later on my end of the internet). See DGB and Sirdan for more elaboration. Consider me to be quoting them for truth, as it were.
Nice lack of legit defense. I don't care that it's the tuth so much as that the behavior which you admit is true is scummy. The defense here is truly pathetic. MK sort of seems to agree that the 'people are only voting me for being honest defense' is at least in his case legit. Voting someone for being honest is never wrong; it's a question of whether the behavior in question is scummy/warrants a vote or not.

Unvote; Vote: Santos
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Talitha »

That is a pretty strange post from Santos. But I had a quick look at another game he played, and he played pretty strangely in that too. (Claiming scum, as scum.)

I guess I could vote him for being useless and not obviously town.

I am second guessing myself on the M-K vote, partially because I agreed with him when he said "it's usually Townies getting lynched for showing such "scum-tells"

What the heck.

unvote: M_K
vote: Santos

I could flip back though, because I've learnt that my first suspicion is often the one I should've stuck with.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by Talitha »

I would also like to remind myself to look at hp [leaves] more closely.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

ortolan wrote:What is scummy here?

Four things.

Firstly, the obvious fact you appeal to meta and then attack me for using it.

Secondly, you Unvote at the beginning of your post, express suspicion of me but then fail to vote me. To paraphrase roflcopter, FoSing someone while not at least voting someone else (rather than simply voting the person) is scummy as all hell. It indicates a desire to attack the person while not being associated with their bandwagon.

Thirdly, if analysed this argument is getting into the realms of severe improbability.
The only scum motivation for MK having brought up RBT being a jester is that he is his scumbuddy trying to prevent him being lynched by suggesting he is a jester. The only motivation I have for defending MK on bad grounds is that I am his scumbuddy. Already hugely unlikely, unless you're arrogant enough to think you can catch 3 scum like that (and if you don't think all 3 of us are scum together you don't have *any* argument against us, because nothing else explains RBT's and then my response.)

Fourthly (and this isn't as big a scumtell in and of itself) you've basically deferred to Flameaxe's reasoning here. Coupled with you FoSing rather than voting me this very much looks like you want to attack me while not looking like you're attacking me so that you're not associated with my lynch when I flip town.

Vote hp [leaves]

And yes I'm sorry if I look lurky in this game- I got accused of the same in Election Mafia because the posts are big and hard to digest and I often (wrongly) favour posting in games where doing so takes less effort.
I think you misunderstood me. When replying to sirdanilot, I was saying I wasn't going to defend myself because I all had to protect myself was a meta defense.

On the vote/fos thing, I think I should change my playstyle a bit.

I like the pressure on Santos; but I don't think he's that scummy to have another vote on.

Unvote, Vote OGML
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:00 am

The above is a very important post, and vote. If Santos flips scum, hp[leaves] has a heightened probability of being Santos' buddy.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:04 am

...given that the risk of putting Santos at minus one only means that he'll have to claim. hp [leaves] may be trying to keep Santos out of claiming range.

However, hp [leaves] switched from the main competing wagon (MK) to Santos, so that's a little less damning.

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:06 am

Post by raider8169 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Raider, M_K scumpair is making itself obvious.
Guess not obvious enough as I dont see it but feel free not to explain more :roll:
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Slicey »

I really, really don't see this. Elaborate please.

Also, you still seem to be pushing hard for an MK lynch. The Santos case is IMHO much better. The MK case was okay considering it is only Day 1, but Santos is basically screaming "Lynch me, I'm scum!"

Honestly, I'm finding you much more scummy than MK right now.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:52 am

Post by sirdanilot »

This santos bandwagon is not only awesome because santos is probably scum, just look at the huge amount of information on the bandwagon itself. DGB, I don't really see your point why hp west in particular would be so extremely scummy when Santos flips scum. Nor OGML's raider/MK scum pair. In fact, day 1 scum pair fishing? Isn't that pretty much useless? Because we don't know any alignment yet.
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

Plum wrote:Nice lack of legit defense. I don't care that it's the tuth so much as that the behavior which you admit is true is scummy. The defense here is truly pathetic.
MK sort of seems to agree that the 'people are only voting me for being honest defense' is at least in his case legit.
Voting someone for being honest is never wrong; it's a question of whether the behavior in question is scummy/warrants a vote or not.
Legit... maybe, but a very, verrrrrry weak defense as the :roll: should've symbolized. It can be destroyed with a single breath of air. ;)

FoS: Santos

Consider this an ultimatum, Santos: you have one day or one chance to explain why you'd just lurk-hammer anyone that goes L-1 and explain any current suspicions you have against anyone here.
Or else... that FoS can
easily
turn into a Vote, you know... ;)
:lol:
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:55 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Seriously guys,
why
aren't we lynching M_K?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 am

Post by raider8169 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Seriously guys,
why
aren't we lynching M_K?
Because Santos admited that he is willing to hammer and nothing else. I think that saved M_K a day.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:20 am

sirdanilot wrote:This santos bandwagon is not only awesome because santos is probably scum, just look at the huge amount of information on the bandwagon itself. DGB, I don't really see your point why hp west in particular would be so extremely scummy when Santos flips scum.
I realized I might have rushed to judgment, see my post #264 on this very page.

Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Santos »

I guess no one got the hint that i am basically a plain townie, but can only deliver the deciding lynch vote, if i am going to vote at all today. And as you can see, i have not voted yet because i cannot or i will be modkilled.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

Santos wrote:I guess no one got the hint that i am basically a plain townie, but can only deliver the deciding lynch vote, if i am going to vote at all today. And as you can see, i have not voted yet because i cannot or i will be modkilled.
:shock:
... OK. That slows me down a bit. At least you
seem
to have a legit reason for hammering... So why lurk? Do you really have no opinion on
anything
that transpired???
One must forget the past in order to forgive it. Victory is everything. Being lynched is shameful (especially if you win) but death is awesome.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Santos »

Not really. That is why I had no problem dropping the hint earlier that I have a restriction.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”