MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Panzerjager wrote:Also, it makes more sense to go after mafia then the SK, because SK has a chance to cross kill Mafiates.
Anyone have a theory discussion to point me to on this? Because my gut feeling is that this is VERY wrong. I'd much rather get rid of an entire killing faction in one lynch than whittle the mafia down one at a time, even given the chance of crosskill. BTW, we don't even know whether we have an SK or not, but if we do, Panzer's my top choice for him.
Unvote: Dour. Vote: Panzer
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

subgenius wrote:It seems to me that some of this talk about whether or not we have an SK to worry about is premature and probably counter productive to our efforts against the one threat of which we are certain, the mafia.
Yes, exactly. In post 43, Panzer was the one to start bringing up an SK as a real threat.
ting =) wrote:@MacavityLock.
I agree with Panzer that we should be going after mafia, not SK. More because of the fact that we
don't
know for sure we have an SK in this game than because of the point on cross kills though.
On Day 1, we should be going after scum, no matter what flavor. My apologies if I didn't make that clear.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:35 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Goatrevolt wrote:I'm not sure on the theory, but I figure it's not all that meaningful anyway. At this point in the game we have no knowledge of there being a SK, so we don't hunt for a SK, we hunt for mafia. If there is a SK, and if we get to a point in the game where we know someone is the SK and know someone else is mafia and we have to make a decision between which to lynch, we can return to this discussion.

------

Unvote, Vote MacavityLock

Why are you voting for your SK suspect when you yourself admit we don't know there is a SK?
This is probably an issue of me not being clear in my post. Just because Panzer is my top choice for possible SK doesn't mean he's not my top choice for mafia too. Over-reaction to mykonian's RV. Throwing out what I considered to be bad mafia theory. And I do think he's the one who started taking the idea of an SK seriously, even though just a few posts later, he writes
Panzerjager wrote:@MacavityLock: It is inherently scummy to be mentioning SK before Day 2 unless the setup is open. We have no clue that an SK even exist so townies shouldn't be hunting for them.
GIEFF wrote:I don't know if you're misreading post 43 on purpose or on accident, but you're misreading it.
How so?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

@GIEFF: The game started 36 hours ago, and we're on page 4. Don't you think it's early to use the "active lurker" card? I know that I have more time for Mafia games on the weekend, so that's usually when I make my big posts.

As for 43, that's your interpretation of it. I do see what you're saying though and will definitely keep this in mind for my more in-depth reads.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #125 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Posting in all games: Hopefully short V/LA due to being down with a nasty fever. Trying to play Mafia when I can't fully concentrate is a bad thing.
Unvote
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1832 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:55 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Hi. Some of you may remember me as the scum who had to replace out due to illness early on Day 1 and was replaced by qwintz. I've been following along here and there, and I just wanted to say: I'm so f'-ing glad I got out of this game when I could :}

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”