Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:08 am

Post by Setanta »

Don't think I believe the claim.

What happens if you vote now, and it's not the hammer?
No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. [i]Never compromise. [/i]
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:09 am

Post by Setanta »

hp [leaves] wrote:
Santos wrote:I believe my role is that of an 'actor', according to MafiaWiki. Otherwise, no, I am not third party( if you are thinking I win when I get to have the deciding vote, no I don't) and I win with the town. Also, I was given the okay to claim 'Kami' if that makes any difference if I have any case left to prove my innocence. I kind of got a jacked role :(
You have a
safeclaim
?

Very tempting to hammer; but we still have four days to create discussion.

Mod: Please note my sig
What gives you the impression he has a safeclaim.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:17 am

Post by Santos »

[q]what is the consequence of you breaking your obligation to only vote when your vote will constitute a hammer?[/q]
The consequence is not stated. Its just advised that I don't; I'm worried it will trigger something if I do. What do you suspect it is?

What is a 'safeclaim' compared to what I am allowed to say regarding my role?
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 am

Post by Santos »

stupid tags.

going to bed. will post later after work.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 am

Post by ortolan »

Well, sorry, the mod's claim trumps yours

Unvote
Vote Santos
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Setanta »

ortolan wrote:Well, sorry, the mod's claim trumps yours

Unvote
Vote Santos
This.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:50 am

Post by Simenon »

Santos (13)- Seraphim, sirdanilot, DrippingGoofball, Hybris, Sentata, Slicey, raider8169, Riceballtail, Plum, Talitha, OhGodMyLife, Azhrei, ortolan.

Mmm. Nothing like the smell of fresh anago.
AAAAAHHHHH! Not that! Anything but that!
Then again, a simmered with a nice sauce...
That might do the trick.

Santos, Anago and a goon of the
Precooked Mafia
, was lynched day one.

Night 1. Night ends at 8:00 on the 2nd.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Simenon »

Narsis replaces Sipylus.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Simenon »

Farkshinsoup replaces Septia.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Simenon »

You wake up to discover Green Crayons, finely chopped into sushi and sashimi

Green Crayons, Maguro, Townie, was killed night one.

It is now day two. With twenty two alive it's twelve to lynch.
Last edited by Simenon on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Narsis »

those death scenes are making me hungry...

anyway...Day 2 now. what do you guys want to do?
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Plum »

Narsis wrote:those death scenes are making me hungry...

Break ut my very limited notes I made shortly after the flip, listing plyers I thought had a decent shot at being Santos' scumbuddy. A rudimentary list of sorts using lovely, lovely Firefox's control-f function. As a jumping-off point, I think they'd be okay.

Possible Santos Scumbuddies:

Azhrei
Flameaxe
hp [leaves] - less suspicious
Jebus
OGML - less suspicious
Septia - less suspicious
Setanta

On a rescan, Flameaxe's comments on Santos included only the following:
Flameaxe wrote:
Slicey wrote:Kind of a useless role IMHO. I'm willing to bet that he is lying.

I'm hoping people will understand what I mean by that last sentence. >____>
But does useless mean impossible? (The answer is no, and if I remember correctly it's in MBF's flash glossary)
Nothing about Flameaxe's posts, at least when read in isolation, give me a noticable town vibe either, so

Vote: Flameaxe
. As good a place to start as any, and better than many (sorry about the unintended rhyme).
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Plum wrote:
Narsis wrote:those death scenes are making me hungry...

Break ut my very limited notes I made shortly after the flip, listing plyers I thought had a decent shot at being Santos' scumbuddy. A rudimentary list of sorts using lovely, lovely Firefox's control-f function. As a jumping-off point, I think they'd be okay.

Azhrei
Flameaxe
Jebus
OGML - less suspicious
Septia - less suspicious
Setanta

On a rescan, Flameaxe's comments on Santos included only the following:
Flameaxe wrote:
Slicey wrote:Kind of a useless role IMHO. I'm willing to bet that he is lying.

I'm hoping people will understand what I mean by that last sentence. >____>
But does useless mean impossible? (The answer is no, and if I remember correctly it's in MBF's flash glossary)
Nothing about Flameaxe's posts, at least when read in isolation, give me a noticable town vibe either, so

Vote: Flameaxe
. As good a place to start as any, and better than many (sorry about the unintended rhyme).
I can see what you're saying about Flameaxe, but what about the other possibilities you listed? Why am I Santos' possible scumbuddy? Why are those other his possible sumbuddy? Just curious, that's all.

Personally, I feel that OGML is by far the scummiest. He was hard on the M_K bandwagon, basically saying we were going to lynch him, and listing no alternative. And then, all of a sudden, he flipped, and voted for Santos. And his only comment being 'Brilliant claim, scum.'
OhGodMyLife wrote:Seraphim and Riceball is just noise right now. We're lynching M_K.
and
OhGodMyLife wrote:Seriously guys,
why
aren't we lynching M_K?
changed to
OhGodMyLife wrote:Brilliant claim, scum.

Unvote, Vote: Santos

This seems like rather a large turnaround to me, and I'm wondering why. I think it's possibly because he figured his partner was screwed and decided to bus him.

As such, I find him the scummiest so far.

Vote: OGML
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Riceballtail wrote:This is a bit of a hunch, but I do think that a VOTE:OGML is in order. Specifically for the following:
OhGodMyLife wrote:M_K, its not tunnel vision, its looking for scums that aren't your scumteam.
Still hold this true.

VOTE:OGML
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:44 am

Post by ortolan »

More comments later, but:

Mod: is this a role-reveal or non role-reveal game?
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:10 am

Post by Simenon »

ortolan wrote:More comments later, but:

Mod: is this a role-reveal or non role-reveal game?
Uh... if it's a non-role reveal game I'll say it, but I already revealed some roles.

edit: Are you talking about how I didn't reveal GC's role in his death scene? I did in the first post, but I've updated his death scene now too to prevent confusion.
Last edited by Simenon on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Hi all.

I think there are much better candidates than OGML today.
Here's a couple of posts from Pear Bear from the end of the day that kind of went unnoticed due to Santos' scum implosion.
Pear Bear wrote:Just lurking over here as my random vote on MK seems to have been a bit more than just random...
Pear Bear wrote:
Plum wrote: Pear Bear, why are you, in your words, 'lurking'? Your random vote has become more than random? Well, what do you find suspicious about MK? Just leaving your vote on a big bandwagon and walking away again, are you? Thoughts? Opinions? Any semblance of contribution?

Vote: Pear Bear
Sorry for not addressing you, Plum, but I hadnt noticed that you voted me.
I was hesitant to post because my random vote for MK seemed to have been a decent pick in the first place,
and I was assessing what everyone else was thinking to determine if I wanted to keep my vote on MK or not.

I realize, now, that random voting and then lurking when everyone else jumps aboard is really sketchy and I don't plan on doing it again. As for MK and his alleged role fishing, In some cases role fishing can be pro-town, and I think that this may be one of those cases.

Unvote MK
Bolding mine.

So you admit to lurking, staying on a wagon with a random vote (with no reason why your vote is on there) and then when you pick up a little flack, you admit that you're only trying to follow the pack. You unvote. Why did it take being challenged for you to decide that your vote was on a townie? The unvote also came as the Santos wagon was picking up steam, which you never got involved with one way or the other. Please explain.

Vote:Pear Bear

Oh, and Rice, remember, I've now played with you as both scum and town, so you won't be able to get anything by me. Just saying. :wink:
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:30 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Flameaxe made an appearance late in the wagon but declined to vote. He paid no attention to Santos' earlier scummy posts, and even mildly defended Santos. I'm a bit divided on that one given my belief that if Flameaxe had been Santos' buddy, he would have bus'ed him so hard our heads would spin.

OGML was resisting the Santos wagon by continuing to be very aggressive on the M_K wagon. It's like he was screaming to us, "No!!! Look HERE!!! Lynch M_K! What are you guys doing! M_K! M_K!" OK that's a bit of hyperbole for humor's sake. But then he switched to Santos anyway, when it looked like Santos' lynch was inevitable.

Something funny I noticed with Setanta. It's nothing major, but look at THIS POST. It was glaringly obvious that Santos had revealed that he had a safeclaim. Setanta's reaction is odd, given that he was one of the first on the Santos wagon. He may have had second thoughts about bus'ing his partner - that's the thought that comes to mind.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:35 am

Concerning Pear Bear. He wrote: "I was hesitant to post because my random vote for MK seemed to have been a decent pick in the first place, and I was assessing what everyone else was thinking to determine if I wanted to keep my vote on MK or not. "

Hesitation to post = scum.
Assessing what everyone is thinking to decide where you place your vote = scum.
Newbie scum random vote = often a vote on your buddy.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:43 am

And what about Septia???

Check out THIS POST. He says he's not lurking, though he clearly is. His comments on the Santos wagon are gems.

ON JANUARY 22:
Septia wrote:Sorry for inactivity, I've been pretty busy. Will get into it tomorrow and catch up.
He never did catch up.

ON JANUARY 26:
Septia wrote:The bandwaggon on Santos has been too fast for my liking, and I understand the case on him, but mafia would be more careful to not make a slip up like that. I'm basing this off page 10 alone though,still need to read back.

I'm going to hold back from lynching Santos right now until I see more from him. Will read back now and give my thoughts/ suspicions.
He suggests that mafia would be too careful to make such a slip? That's interesting, because that was hardly a slip, but rather, a huge unintentional scumtell. Septia claims that he needs to read back, but never does. He never even commented on the competing M_K wagon.

So this lurker has the nerve to show up and express his displeasure at the speed of a SCUMWAGON. He makes excuses for said scum, wants to hear more from him, and never read back or gave thoughts or suspicions.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:54 am

Looking a hp[leaves]. THIS POST is interesting. He totally caught on Santos' mistake where he practically admitted to having a safeclaim. But hp[leaves] refrained from hammering. Why on Earth would a player refrain from hammering a player he believes has a SAFECLAIM, for cryin' out loud? What does it take for you to hammer somebody?

Going backwards in time, hp[leaves] said: "I like the pressure on Santos; but I don't think he's that scummy to have another vote on." It's like hp[leaves]really really really doesn't want that poor Santos to have another vote on... even after he slips up that he has a safeclaim!

Again, going back in time, hp[leaves]declined to honor the Santos wagon with his presence, rather he went against the prevailing wind to cast a vote on OGML. Given OMGL's own reactions to the Santos wagon, which is to browbeat us to lynch M_K instead, I suggest that hp[leaves] might have been doing some safe distancing from OGML. I don't recall OGML having any votes at the time. That vote was a weird move.

Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Setanta »

DGB wrote:Something funny I noticed with Setanta. It's nothing major, but look at THIS POST. It was glaringly obvious that Santos had revealed that he had a safeclaim. Setanta's reaction is odd, given that he was one of the first on the Santos wagon. He may have had second thoughts about bus'ing his partner - that's the thought that comes to mind.
Yeh, I just didn't think Safe-claim. I mean, I was sure he was scum anyway, but I just thought he was afraid to claim his name, in case of a modkill, which had happened to him in choose carefully mafia.

As for me having potential second thought about bus'ing santos, I don't think it makes sense. if anything I'd have expected his buddies to pour on at the end once it was obvious he was fucked.

However, looking back you are correct it's pretty obvious he was BS'ing.
And the point about Hp leaves is also a good one, in that if he assumed it was a safe claim he would have hammered.

Anyway will give the thread a re-read later. Uni/Snow ball fights to keep me busy for the moment.
No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. [i]Never compromise. [/i]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:13 am

Plum wrote:

Azhrei
Flameaxe
Jebus
OGML - less suspicious
Septia - less suspicious
Setanta
Why Azhrei? Why Jebus?

Why are OGML, Septia and Setanta
less
suspicious? I have to ask, because they top
my
list.

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:39 am

Post by raider8169 »

I can see OGML busing Santos. He was pushing hard for a M_K lynch and ignored the scum tells that even I picked up on. Im happy with a OGML lynch however I wish to read back Day one and see if I notice anything else.
Pear Bear
Pear Bear
Townie
Pear Bear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Pear Bear »

I understand that I'm looking realllllly scummy right now. My half-baked plan has basically blown up in my face. I was hoping that if I had kept my vote on MK he would be lynched and turn out to be scum, but towards the end of that process I began to doubt his scumminess. That combined with pressure to act in someway caused me to remove my vote. However, I didn't think that Santos was scum either, and that by being one of the few to not vote him I would assure my nonscumminess.
Ive made a newb mistake that could potentially end up killing me, and hurting the town.
Fail.

I was also extremely surprised that I wasnt on Plums list of suspects as he was the only person to vote me yesterday and now I look 1000x scummier than then.

And finally, I don't fully comprehend the hasty flameaxe voting...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”