DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:46 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Talitha wrote:
Pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have a lot more reason to do than scum, and it is a weak reason to vote someone
Tragically, that's a big boatload of WIFOM.

I've seen my buddies be relentless against a fellow buddy; I have seen buddies tunneling on a townie because they felt they had a believable fake scumtell, and look like they are genuinely scumhunting while lynching a townie.

What you say appears logical, and in many ways, it is. However, my experience tells me that scum very often has motives that override your theory.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 am

Slicey wrote: Plus, Talitha, scum would push hard for town lynches in order to save their own ass and their scumbuddy's asses. >_>
Also. Good deduction.
OhGodI'mScum wrote:@DGB: Flameaxe?
You keep pushing me to make a case against Flameaxe.

It's surreal.

Why are you pushing ME and not someone else? Why Flameaxe as opposed to another lurker? If you think there's a case to be made, why don't you make it yourself? You totally sound like someone who knows other people's alignments and is trying to concoct some evil mastermind manipulation. You smell very strongly of 'informed minority' and 'puppet master.'
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Slicey »

Az case isn't as bad as I thought it would be though.

That should read: Az case isn't as bad as I thought it was though.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:29 am

OhGodLynchMe wrote:Lets see, to sum up - there is very likely more than one mafia group. DGB is in it. Its probably got most of Flameaxe, Pear Bear, Ortolan, M_K and raider in it.

Also scummy, somewhat independent of the DGB nucleus of evil, are Narsis, Azhrei, Slicey and most significantly Riceballtail, who hasn't done anything today.
I also love the above. Once again, you sound like someone who knows a heckuvalot more more than I do. You seem very sure that there are two scumgroups - there was ONE nightkill! Even with two nightkills, I'd suspect a scumgroup and an SK before jumping to the conclusion of two scumgroups, and jumping the gun with two separate scumlists, on Day 2.

What this allows you, OhGodPuppetMaster, is to cast a very wide net. You are naming TEN players as scum, for a total of eleven counting the dead scum Santos. Eleven out of 24. I don't think that anyone would believe that we have that many scum, but your suspect list is unusually large, and poorly focused, in stark contrast with your near-certainty of the presence of two scumgroups, without considering an SK instead.

This suggests that you are part of an informed minority, and that you are one of a small scumgroup. For instance, you may be three in your scumgroup, which would be small for a 24 player game. Therefore, it would seem unlikely to you that a second nightkilling faction would consist of a mere SK. You would expect, with your knowledge of the existence of your, say, 3-person scumgroup in a game of 24 players, a second mafia group.

Pear Bear
Pear Bear
Townie
Pear Bear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Pear Bear »

If there were two scum groups, how likely would it be that they know eachothers identities?
I would think that if they were aware of eachother it would defeat the purpose of seperating them.

Currently, I'm still the most convinced by the case against OGML, and I have yet to see a post with anything solid enough to lynch Az, but I'm still waiting.
And I'm still suspicious of Plum.
Pear Bear
Pear Bear
Townie
Pear Bear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Pear Bear »

EBWOP:

I missed the last few posts on the last page, including Tal's case against Az.
My votes still on OGML, but I understand where the Az voters are coming from too, since both cases are similar.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:15 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Talitha wrote:
Pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have a lot more reason to do than scum, and it is a weak reason to vote someone
Tragically, that's a big boatload of WIFOM.

I've seen my buddies be relentless against a fellow buddy; I have seen buddies tunneling on a townie because they felt they had a believable fake scumtell, and look like they are genuinely scumhunting while lynching a townie.

What you say appears logical, and in many ways, it is. However, my experience tells me that scum very often has motives that override your theory.
DGB, you call this out as WIFOM (rightly so, I think), but then you say, in a weaselly sort of way, that in fact "pushing hard for a lynch" is a mild scumtell (and this is one of the reasons that you are voting for OGML). Either it's WIFOM (which makes it a nulltell, and poor justification for a lynch) or it's a scumtell. Which is it?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:10 am

Post by sirdanilot »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Seems like this upcoming lynch has my name on it. Well, better now than at endgame, and better me than a deadline no lynch.
I love how you're so sure about this and aren't really doing anything effective to prevent it from happening.
Sirdan, a) how does pushing an M_K lynch make me scum, b) how does the fact that I haven't tried to lynch M_K today make me scum, c) how does commenting that I think raider and M_K are a likely scumpair make me scum and d) how do one-line posts make me scum?
a) Because you suddenly turned to Santos and opportunistically hopped on to bus.
b) No explanation for the turn around from LYNCH MK LYNCH MK LYNCH MK to complete ignoring him (save a few snide comments)
c) Because you have completely stopped mentioning them day 2 is one reason. The second, more important reason is that you gave yourself a backup lynch, and all that without any reasoning provided.
d) not necessarily, it's more that you provide very little reasoning with everything you do. and note the quick turnaround to very long posts day 2.
sirdan wrote:what purpose does mentioning someone is town serve when you aren't even mentioning a suspect
Oh, plenty, don't you worry about it.
For scum there's probably plenty of purpose yes. Okay I'll stop worrying.

Also see what DGB said in 428, I don't really have anything to add to that. I don't usually say something like that, I don't like blindly following someone but that post is just spot-on so in this case I feel no reason to reiterate it.

I love how you have no comments on the big OhGodI'mScum posts you made.

Let's lynch OhGodMyLife more votes please
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:38 am

Pear Bear wrote:If there were two scum groups, how likely would it be that they know eachothers identities?
Highly unlikely. However, if OGML is part of say, a 3-member scumgroup without exceptional powers, it would be logical for him to highly suspect a second scumgroup.

Nothing I said suggested that mafiates in a game with two scum groups know the members of the other scumteam. All I'm sayin', is that OGML seems to know that another scumteam exists. And he would know that, if his scumteam has fewer members than expected from a game this size.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:53 am

Farkshinsoup wrote:DGB, you call this out as WIFOM (rightly so, I think), but then you say, in a weaselly sort of way, that in fact "pushing hard for a lynch" is a mild scumtell (and this is one of the reasons that you are voting for OGML). Either it's WIFOM (which makes it a nulltell, and poor justification for a lynch) or it's a scumtell. Which is it?
I'm saying that pushing hard for a lynch is neither a scumtell, nor a towntell; so it's a nulltell. It depends on who is being bandwagon'ed, who is on the competing bandwagon, and what the reasons are for pushing the lynch.

Talitha on the other hand believes that pushing hard for a lynch is a town tell. I disagreed.

I am voting for OGML for many reasons, some further reasons having occurred after my vote. I'm not voting for him because he pushed hard on M_K. I'm voting for him because as we were lynching a scumbag, he kept trying to keep the M_K wagon alive and kicking, but then, last minute, decided to switch to Santos. We don't know M_K's alignment, but the wagon was, in my opinion, wholly unconvincing. OGML's rabid attempts to get the town back on the M_K wagon were out of proportion with the M_K scumtells, and the ease with which OGML switched to the Santos wagon, when Santos' lynch looked inevitable, was unsettling.

Other reasons include his strategic lurking, followed by a wide-blanket OGMUS baseless scumlist with nearly half the players, and some manipulative gambit to try to get me to turn my attention to Flameaxe. It's all very weird, and it certainly isn't town.

Note that, following his massive OMGUS, he's back to being lurkish. Popping up to tell me to look more closely at Flameaxe is the scumcherry on the scumsundae.

Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:And I'm convinced that there are better lynches than yours, OGML.
... I'm starting to regret saying this. '>_>
First, I thought OGML's big post was a breath of fresh air; him finally posting some decent content to use. Now, everyone else is saying that post was merely suspecting anyone who merely pointed a finger at him. It might be true... but I liked that he gave a big fat post to use as info...

Add to that he
seems
to
know
the existence of a second scum-group and the sudden change of vote D1...
Yeah... I think I said enough.

Vote: OhGodMyLife
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Hi guys, really sorry I haven't been here to post much the last couple of days. I've just started back at school, I'm coming up to birthday, and I just haven't had a heap of time for mafia. I'd really like to answer some of the accusations levelled against me, but I can't just now, I'm completely stuffed. I'll try and post tomorrow some time.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:36 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Still waiting for that vote count. By my informal and possibly wrong count, OGML is at L-2 (10 votes, 12 to lynch). Please feel free to correct me.

There are a lot of inactive players who either aren't voting or are voting for someone who will not be lynched today. This needs to change. I still would rather lynch Pear Bear, but I think that ain't gonna happen before the deadline. I'll switch my vote to OGML if I have to. OGML, I think you should roleclaim now.

When is deadline? I've got it at about 4 and a half days from this post. Again, feel free to correct.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:24 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Oh yeah, I should roleclaim huh?

I am ponzu, vanilla town.

That makes me an acceptable lynch, especially since its pretty obvious nobody else is getting anywhere near lynched before deadline.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:02 am

Ponzu is a sauce?

Pear Bear
Pear Bear
Townie
Pear Bear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Pear Bear »

Farkshinsoup wrote: I still would rather lynch Pear Bear, but I think that ain't gonna happen before the deadline. I'll switch my vote to OGML if I have to.
What about my case, which I thought was fairly minor, strikes you as more scummy than OGML? If youre so desparate to lynch me then it might help if you tried a little harder. Or was this just a post to lessen the attention drawn by you switching to a faster wagon?
Pear Bear
Pear Bear
Townie
Pear Bear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Pear Bear »

EBWOP:

Also, Ive had a Ponzu sushi before.
It was quite unpleasant...
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:39 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Ponzu is a dipping sauce and common ingredient in Japanese cuisine.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:41 am

Pear Bear wrote:EBWOP:

Also, Ive had a Ponzu sushi before.
It was quite unpleasant...
I hear it's addictive.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:44 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Are you two trying to find reasons for my role to be mafia?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:54 am

OhGodMyLife wrote:Are you two trying to find reasons for my role to be mafia?
The addictive sauce mafia? Hahahahah I have to remember that for the next Food Fight game...

hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:01 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

I'd stand with my last day's vote because of the old reasons with paranoia and OMGUS added; but I don't know the votecount and don't want to quickhammer and end this day's discussion.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Riceballtail »

OGML still has not even bothered to defend against what I said yesterday and today where he basically claimed scum.

Can we lynch him already?
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:30 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Riceballtail wrote:
UNVOTE

I also feel that, for now, Seraphim has explained himself well enough.

This is a bit of a hunch, but I do think that a
VOTE:OGML
is in order. Specifically for the following:
OhGodMyLife wrote:M_K, its not tunnel vision, its looking for scums that aren't your scumteam.
Riceballtail wrote:l"]I still think OGML is clearly scum, but I think this Santos wagon a) has merit and b) will actually go somewhere today

Unvote; Vote:Santos
Riceballtail wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:This is a bit of a hunch, but I do think that a VOTE:OGML is in order. Specifically for the following:
OhGodMyLife wrote:M_K, its not tunnel vision, its looking for scums that aren't your scumteam.
Still hold this true.

VOTE:OGML
Riceballtail wrote:OGML still has not even bothered to defend against what I said yesterday and today where he basically claimed scum.

Can we lynch him already?
I'm confused, Rice. Where exactly did you say anything about me that was worth a damn?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:30 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Oh bother, I broke my quote tags. Well you get the idea.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”