SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:54 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Hmm.

I'm going to guess that any cop saying 'I know X, Y and Z are innocent' is allowed, since I'd think it falls under the 'very basic descriptions, e.g. cop-type role'. Just something I was thinking about, as a side effect of the 'no role claim' thing.

Hm. Thought. It is possible, however, that any number of groups could be scum. The forces of Hell being scum is probable, but by no means certain. The horsemen being scum is even more probable - especially in light of the starvation death.

Given the text at the beginning, I'd say the measure of whether a faction is pro-'town' or anti-'town' can be gagued by simply asking: Do they want to bring about the end of the world? Scum do and town don't, I think.

I haven't read the books in a few years. But, I'm thinking we have multiple scum factions, maybe even three. In order of probability: Apocalyptic Horsepersons (Death, War, Famine, Pollution), Forces of Hell, (Satan, Beelzebub, Hastur, Ligur), Forces of Heaven (God, Metatron). I left Aziraphale and Crowley off as, if I recall correctly, they don't want the end of the world.

The Witchfinders make me nervous, given that there's three of them and one in charge, which I believe is the most common setup for a scum group. And, the burning death fits. But, vigilante-group fits as well, so I'm not thinking they're likely scum.

Them. Given that it wouldn't be the first time the good protagonists have been evil in a game of mafia, I'm not discounting the possibility of them being scum. But, for now I'll stick with the normal assumption - that they're pro-town. Especially given their active role in the prevention of the end of the world.

Phew. Now to actually find the book again, to make sure I didn't just spit out a load of garbage.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:11 pm

KingEnigma wrote:I dont like magic tricks, SO, I dont like them at all.
I'm going to hit you now.

*hits KingEnigma over the back of the head*

In other news - 32 people is a lot. What kind of scum numbers would be standard for a game of this size?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:35 pm

Man... Idiot that I am. I really ought not to overcommit like this, even despite the awesome themes. Sorry I haven't posted... will (re?)read thread, give a post with hopeful content soon.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:49 pm

Eeeeeergh.

Just reread the whole thing, which acted as a big reminder of why I told myself I wouldn't join any more big games. Now I'm in two. I'm so stupid, sometimes.

Far too much information for me to be able to analyze with any semblance of completeness, or without so many logic holes that I'll be accused of scumminess from here to a hypothetical very distant point :P.

So I'm presented with a choice. I can pick the scummiest seeming of the various bandwagons out there and jump on, cause that's probably far more likely to get somewhere. To be honest, I don't consider that important that we lynch right today (so long as we don't lose an awesome power role or something). There's a whole bunch of information coming out, and it'll get easier to analyze that information as we narrow the numbers down.

Alternately, I can go with the hunch I got from my reread, which will probably have no effect whatsoever.

*shrugs*
Vote: Gaspode.
Looks the scummiest out of anyone with votes from where I'm standing. Plus, I'd prefer it if we had a lynch sooner rather than later... I'm not under an IS-like bloodlust here, but I think we do need to start narrowing down the numbers. Preferably the scum's, but right or wrong I'm happy to go with this as a lynch.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:49 am

Done, and done.

Vote: mith