DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:45 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Ah! I finally got the book. I'd been nervous about being in this game without ever seeing a copy of it. Hopefully I'll soon be well-informed and capable of knowing what I'm talking about.

No real suspicions right now... I'm more hesitant to vote than, say, mith, but that issue looks like it has promise.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:09 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

I think that's almost entirely dependent upon the power levels given to the various players. What the scum can do is probably more important than how many, just now- though I'd bet that we have multiple groups of scum with some nice abilities up their sleeves. This book has too many good role-ideas to pass up in favor of something as trivial as power balancing.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:10 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

I'm not particularly strong on this, but really, korais666's reasons for voting mith are more than a little weak. mith said IS wouldn't have used, or been able to use, a kill night one, and a few junk posts were tossed around after a post of his, so he should be lynched? What? That's overreacting and trying to start an unreasoned bandwagon, at least in my eyes. mith has a couple essentially random votes on him, so it's not a good thing to toss more on the pile without a reason.
Vote korais666

I don't particularly think mepmuff is scum... just a little off base. But I'm probably more forgiving than some.

On a side note, I finished the book. Hooray.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Gah. Prodded. Sorry about that.

I've read through, and so far as I can tell, people are going after either Aelyn for giving off odd signals and seeming to interact with Gaspode strangely, or after Gaspode for being scummy. I can see how Gaspode acted a little scummy initially, but for the most part he seems okay. Aelyn, well, he seems to have a nasty habit of misreading posts, and people have little trouble coming up with why he could easily be scum, but I just don't see it. Maybe I haven't played enough games to be able to see tells day 1, or something. In summary, I just don't know.

Really, I'm having trouble getting reads on people in this game, for some reason. Maybe I need more sleep. I'll try to follow the game more closely.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:04 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Coron, there's no way I can buy that. I'm hardly the most into the Aelyn issue myself, but your summary was really just disgusting. You're hardly the most useful player yourself, and looking at most of what you posted, it just seems like, well, it boils down to "lynch because I say so". That's not to say that you didn't point out a couple suspicious bits, but they were really wrapped up in worthless, uh, stuff.
Unvote
vote: Coron
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:49 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Speaking of being poking... *pokes self*

Firstly,
unvote: Coron
. I can't see him pulling off a mason claim as guilty, although unless someone claims buddy, that should probably return tomorrow.

As for Gaspode... well, he hasn't posted since March 1st. That's when I last posted, and people have actually been trying to
lynch
him, while I've mostly been a piece of furniture- why in the world can't he at least find the time to try to keep himself alive? I didn't originally like his lynch much, but now, if nothing else, he's not willing to contribute even under pressure, and I'm willing to lynch him for that.
Vote: Gaspode
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:54 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Well... I guess Sister Mary Loquacious might be guilty-ish, but... she sounds more mafia-spy than anything else. What with serving the forces of Hell, and all. And that's the only maybe-guilty-maybe-not and still living role I can think of.

Eh, I can wait. I'm expecting much, though...
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:58 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

If we're lurker hunting, wouldn't, say, Dragon Phoenix be a better move? He has eleven posts, but on the other hand, it's been more than a month and a half since his last post. At least we have some sign that DoomCow is here, and he's promised something- we can give him until Friday, since there's no final deadline yet.

As I was pretty inactive, too, I don't really find it appropriate that someone who had actually posted relatively recently. Electra last posted on the 6th and has eight posts, Gaspode on the 1st of MARCH and has only eleven, even with all the suspicion on him (why did we stop thinking he was guilty?), and myself (previous to now) posted on the 6th and have seven posts (I felt like shutting up for a bit after a certain blunder on my part was pointed out, and it went on a bit longer than I'd planned due to inattention), JDTAY last posted MARCH 5th and has six posts, and KingEnigma on... get this... the 7th of --February-- with -TWO- posts. There are probably more, but I only got halfway down the player list before giving up. The only reason I can see to pick DoomCow is because he posted recently enough for you to
remember that he's playing

This isn't really meant to be a defense for DoomCow so much as a pointing out that there are better targets for the "He's a useless lurker" argument. Like KingEnigma. I had to check the 'players alive' list after I saw when he last posted, because I thought he had to be dead after that long of a silence. Seriously.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:09 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Well, while I'd rather have stayed anonymous and not claimed, you guys seem ready to lynch Locus, so I'll do so. I can confirm that Locus is innocent. I'd rather not say how, but, well, it's probably clear from subtext already. So don't lynch him. Seriously. It would be a bad move.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:05 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

You know, I think I'd like to keep the subtext as murky as possible. If it's as not as obvious as it seems to me, so much the better.

I'd have no objections to lynching Gaspose, although really, I'd rather the mod replace everyone who hasn't posted in April...
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:22 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

You know, if you could give a more complete claim than that... You're allowed to say what your role does, just not what its rolename is, as I read the rules. If you're
that
valuble to the town, a full claim could probably save you, assuming you can back it up somehow tomorrow. And the deadline isn't for another several days; there's plenty of time to choose a new nightkill target.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #11) » Sun May 01, 2005 6:47 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Okay... this pains me. It really does. But since I don't see myself seriously getting people to lynch someone else without it, I'm going to have to ask you to not lynch DoomCow, either. I can testify that he's innocent, as well.

Given our remaining choices, I think the Gaspode thing is our best bet.
Vote: Gaspode
. Even if there's little momentum there at the moment, his defense is the weakest, mostly due to lurking, and by rights he should have been lynched yesterday.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #12) » Sun May 01, 2005 7:52 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

I dislike the idea (obviously). Also, really, do you think all of us will be living through the night? Even if we're somehow all members of a scum group claiming to be masons, there are something like four kills per night (five, if mith is another) based on Night One records. Those other three/four kills... Anyway, if you lynch one of us and he's innocent, it'll only point out to the scum that killing the rest of us would be a good thing, so you're more likely to end up with corpses than cleared players.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #13) » Fri May 27, 2005 3:57 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

I don't think that was intended as a defense so much as a request for clarification of the attack, with an implied "I will defend myself after this is answered" message.

On Peachy: Saying that you would expect misguided but not blatantly scummy vibes, followed by a largely unreasoned attack on another player for what I would classify as a fairly innocent, if remarkably lazy, comment, seems to indicate that you're trying to give us a token answer and then distract us rather than deal with your own role. I don't like it, so
Vote: Peachy
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:20 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

SOMETHING.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I pretty much am willing to end the day with a lynch on Peachy, whose defense I find unconvincing (though how she could mount a convincing one given her play if she's actually a townie, I don't know), and watch how things unfold tomorrow, so... uh... maybe we should just request mass prod PM's, if we can't get enough votes out of those who read the thread.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:40 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

All right, it's day, I've noticed.

Now. Firstly, getting a good vibe should not necessarily mean pro-town. My logic here is that presumably God does not give off a 'bad' vibe, and he's working for the end of the world unless I'm quite mistaken. So... I don't know. However, presumably we can safely assume that rolandofthewhite is not a horseman or part of the Hell mafia.

Secondly... I'll get back to you on this.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:55 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Look, one of us will die eventually without pro-town help. In fact, Locus is dancing around a modkill as things are. Just believe unquestioningly for a while longer, and then one of us will die and all pro-town players will be sad.

I suppose I could go for the Genocide Heart theory...
Vote: Genocide Heart
. His being replaced would only provide a needless boost to his apparent innocence, since replacement always does, and, well... that has turned out poorly for me in the past. See Mafia Mafia for details.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:55 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

If you truly have no idea what group we could possibly be in, then you're blind or maybe need to reread, both the book and the comments the three of us have dropped in-thread.

I think my vote stays where it is.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:01 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

That line of logic could be really, really off, Blackberry. With only a few people talking, the scum could easily dominate the non-lurker population. Just a thought.

My first thought upon reading Mr. Flay's post 768 was that having the two out-of-time characters be the absentees creates a certain logic, but that could easily be faulty reasoning, as in the book Agnes has an uncanny ability to reach forward and affect things. By the same logic, though, we could have the third Witchfinder as a non-mason due to the time discrepancy. So take all that with several grains of salt, I guess.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:55 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Er... Thoth, I don't know that I can tell you that you're wrong based upon quite obvious information, so I won't. I will recommend that you look at the deaths and at exactly who is claiming what with whom.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:31 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

To my knowledge, no one in my mason group has a nightkill, used N1/2 or otherwise.

As for why the Hells didn't get a kill Night 2, I would guess that there's a working doc, roleblocker, invincible, or etc. that stopped it.

The solution to the N2 question can also apply to N3, although one kill type vanishing and another appearing, espicially when each person in a scum group probably has their own kill method, is... potentially tale-telling. The Horsepersons, knowing their own kill methods, could probably choose the most ambiguous one.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:10 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Argh... I read that entire .pdf and all mith's post over the last couple of days, and I still can't figure out what his role is. I feel incredibly dense...

It's good that we have a replacement, but I really think he could have made a better entrance post. Oh, well. More on this when I'm not incredibly tired.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:39 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Gah...

Killing olio seems fine. He asked for it, after all.

With the deadline and the facts that korais666 isn't exactly the cleanest-looking player around and has said nothing at all in more than two months anyway, I guess I'll
vote: korais666
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:39 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

I think I may have actually been a replacement ino this game at some point. The cohesiveness and flavor have really kind of slowly drained out of it, and I can barely remember the start...

Anyway, I'd be in favor of Pooky revealing his results, as well, but I guess if we're expecting waves of replacements the game is going to stall for a couple more days, so there's probably not a rush to reveal... intro posts from replacements can mean a lot.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:12 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Whoa, what? Why? I mean, sure he'd only posted twice in the last month, but those two posts were in the last two days!
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:30 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Hey... that makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, I don't see that we're able to do anything about it, since God obviously can't/won't come forward and identify himself.

However, the fact that we haven't been losing prominent claimed pro-towns to this argues that if you're right, God is not scum; I doubt there's an anti-God doc in the works here.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:03 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Hmmm. Interesting. Let's wait and see if he dies, too. :roll: In any case, we seem to be at a "the proper move is to wait for a moment and do nothing, repeatedly" stage of the game.

Also, if you feel compelled to mention entirely unrelated things, don't warn people about spoilers. Then they won't feel justified in yelling at you.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (isolation #27) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:22 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

So... yeah. Just in case you were wondering, I still exist and read the thread but seem to find it disturbingly easy to fall into a pattern of lurking.

Okay, now, this is going to narrowly dodge the rules of the game, but at this point I would support a mass-roleclaim. Clinging tightly to the line "Very basic descriptions (cop-type role, etc.) are ok" from the rules, I think that if we all claim our role ability as basically as possible, we should be able to put everything together from there without getting rampantly modkilled. We have a half-dozen protown roles worth drawing a nightkill already revealed, so we might as well go all the way and try to get the complete picture.

On the other hand, trying this might turn out to be mass-suicide. Or it might be tactically the wrong move. Thoughts?
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:22 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Aw, bugger. :cry:

You know, when I first got my role PM, I was convinced that my group could run the game. As it turned out, we lost half of THEM Night One, and after the superlurking started I ended up painting targets on us. And our group had such potential! *sob*

And... well... Pooky was brilliant. Remind me to always kill him ASAP, just in case.
To be Continued...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”