Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:33 am

Post by Electra »

Hello everyone!
SinisterOverlord wrote:Hmm.

Hm. Thought. It is possible, however, that any number of groups could be scum. The forces of Hell being scum is probable, but by no means certain. The horsemen being scum is even more probable - especially in light of the starvation death.

Given the text at the beginning, I'd say the measure of whether a faction is pro-'town' or anti-'town' can be gagued by simply asking: Do they want to bring about the end of the world? Scum do and town don't, I think.

I haven't read the books in a few years. But, I'm thinking we have multiple scum factions, maybe even three. In order of probability: Apocalyptic Horsepersons (Death, War, Famine, Pollution), Forces of Hell, (Satan, Beelzebub, Hastur, Ligur), Forces of Heaven (God, Metatron). I left Aziraphale and Crowley off as, if I recall correctly, they don't want the end of the world.

The Witchfinders make me nervous, given that there's three of them and one in charge, which I believe is the most common setup for a scum group. And, the burning death fits. But, vigilante-group fits as well, so I'm not thinking they're likely scum.

Them. Given that it wouldn't be the first time the good protagonists have been evil in a game of mafia, I'm not discounting the possibility of them being scum. But, for now I'll stick with the normal assumption - that they're pro-town. Especially given their active role in the prevention of the end of the world.

Phew. Now to actually find the book again, to make sure I didn't just spit out a load of garbage.
Since I have not yet read the book, I will quote this person and say that I agree with his deductions the most. Unfortunately this discussion is going over my head, so I will try read at least some of it tonight.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:56 am

Post by Electra »

Oh yes, finally, a truly suspicious post in the middle of all the speculation of things I know nothing about.
vote: Gaspode
because that's exactly the kind of nothing mafia would say.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:49 am

Post by Electra »

Polotet wrote:Roland walks over to the news trailer and bangs on it a couple of times. A few minutes later, Nondescript Reporter stumbles out, buttoning up his shirt and frantically trying to straighten his hair.
=DDD The first time I read that, I read it as Nondescript Report stumbling out of roland's trailer and buttoning up his shirt. ;)
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:26 am

Post by Electra »

Aelyn's post is pretty curious to me. Voting entirely based on what mith said leaves him open to shifting the blame.

Gaspode hasn't really done anything nonsuspicious yet, but I will
unvote
because I don't feel comfortable pursuing a lynch on him anymore.

What's up with that vote, Coron?
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:47 am

Post by Electra »

Seol wrote:
Electra wrote:Aelyn's post is pretty curious to me. Voting entirely based on what mith said leaves him open to shifting the blame.

Gaspode hasn't really done anything nonsuspicious yet, but I will
unvote
because I don't feel comfortable pursuing a lynch on him anymore.
Now that's interesting. You found him suspicious enough to vote for once, he "hasn't really done anything nonsuspicious yet", but you're not comfortable pursuing a lynch? What exactly do you want, then?

Or were you just trying to put a "fake", throw-us-off-the-scent scum buddy vote on Gaspode for later reference, and now you're concerned he might actually be getting close to a lynch (he still needs approximately infinity votes, though)?

FOS: Electra

Hey, I like this game, the scum are easy to spot!
Er, just history. Gaspode hasn't done anything nonsuspicious, but he hasn't done anything more suspicious either. I've had a history of going after someone without considering their posts from a town perspective after their initial scummy posts.

And like you said, he's not anywhere near a lynch yet, and it's not like there's a consensus that he's the one to lynch. O.o So how does unvoting make me Mafia?

Aelyn - But your summary was "Mith reasoning v. strong. yup."
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:30 am

Post by Electra »

Seol wrote: [What, so you only keep your votes on scum who are kind enough to compound their errors? That's very forgiving of you!
I would keep my vote on Gaspode if he had actually made an error and not just made a few posts that seemed Mafia-flavoured.
But you said he hasn't done anything nonsuspicious - in fact, all he's done is clarify that his position is one of great reluctence to vote. What has he said that makes you think he isn't scummy?
I don't think he's not scum. I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt since he could be making those posts if he were town and for a while, I didn't give people the benefit of the doubt. :P
It doesn't "make you Mafia", but taking a vote off whilst not finding him any less suspicious makes me wonder:
a) How suspicious did you find him in the first place?
b) Might you have had a reason
other than suspicion
to place a vote on him?

I'm just saying that at the moment your actions don't make much sense. Whilst I'm not putting it forward seriously, the prospect of it being a seperator vote is both plausible and consistent with your actions - but it was more of a poke than an indictment, I'll freely admit it's fairly flimsy.
I found him suspicious enough to vote him. :P I don't know what the other people feel exactly about him, but the way that he posted just seemed very reluctant to commit to anything and Mafia-like. But it's not like there was anything concrete against him, just a feeling. After a few more of his posts, I felt that it was possible that he was just a townie speaking in that manner, and since my vote wasn't doing anything anyway, I removed it. Make sense?

From "the Mafia are so easy to spot" to "fairly flimsy"? :P
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:44 am

Post by Electra »

vote: mith
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:53 am

Post by Electra »

Ahh sorry. Page 18 didn't load for me until I posted. >__> I won't bother removing the vote since we're still pretty far from a lynch anyway.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”