korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #35 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:47 pm

Post by korais666 »

Totally random question: Weren't the four horsemen Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence? Where did Pollution come from? Or is that a thing special to Good Omens? I'm obviously not familiar with the book/movie/show/whatver and only joined the game because Polo was modding :D

Anywho, I'm going to hold off on character guesses because I don't know much about the characters, but once we get all this bike business sorted out I'll have some input. And yes, I'd assume famine caused the starvation death.
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #83 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:31 pm

Post by korais666 »

As amusing as the acronyms were (read: not amusing), I'd like to play some mafia here.
vote: mith
50% out of spite for starting the acronym thing, 50% because I think IS would, in fact, use a vig kill on night 1 if he had it. He's very good at miraculously knowing who the bad guys are, I wouldn't be surprised if he took a chance. I'm also not surprised the mafia went for him.

Also, speculating is really the ONLY thing we can do at this point, so I'm not sure I really follow the "speculating too much won't really help us" logic.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #100 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:31 pm

Post by korais666 »

mith wrote:
Korais wrote:vote: mith 50% out of spite for starting the acronym thing
Read: I have no sense of humor, so I will act superior and pretend to have some reasoning behind my vote.
50% out of spite for starting the acronym thing
If this is actually a serious reason, you have problems.
No, it wasn't, and I'm sorry for not being funny. I won't even try in the future.
mith wrote:and we can have a sense of humor, because, hey, this is supposed to be fun.
Again, I get your point, and you won't see me at the mafiascum open mic.

[part of the post that matters]Y'know, I wasn't *really* suspicious before, it was, admittedly, a vote based on half-assed piece of evidence. Yes, I voted for you because I disagreed with you, but looking over the first three pages of posts, I really didn't see anything that stood out as suspicious, so I found someone who said something iffy, and went after it.

However, at this point, I
am
suspicious of you, because hyperspazzing over something small and insignificant early in the game is something that I've seen others and myself do as mafia in the past.

And as far as backing up my IS claim, I haven't played a game with him when he was a vigilante (unless you count Gandalf from hobbitmaf), but my point was that he likes to play on the fringe and take risks.

My comment about the mafia going after IS was sort of a subtle hint that I'm surprised nobody protected him. Admittedly, it was worded poorly and was too subtle, but that's what I was going for.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #132 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:04 pm

Post by korais666 »

mith wrote:
korais666 wrote:
mith wrote:
Korais wrote:vote: mith 50% out of spite for starting the acronym thing
Read: I have no sense of humor, so I will act superior and pretend to have some reasoning behind my vote.
If this is actually a serious reason, you have problems.
No, it wasn't, and I'm sorry for not being funny. I won't even try in the future.
mith wrote:and we can have a sense of humor, because, hey, this is supposed to be fun.
Again, I get your point, and you won't see me at the mafiascum open mic.
Huh. I'd love to know what your reason was for changing what I quoted. It's not really something you can do accidentally.
I know who I'm playing mafia with here, and I know there are experienced players in this game, and I know the majority of the people in this game go back and look over old posts during the game. It would be
completely
idiotic for me to try and "sneak in" a fake quote, hoping everyone took my word that that's what you said. That being said, you
know
that it was a mistake, and I'm astonished you even bothered to post that comment at all. A simple "you misquoted me" would have been enough, or even posting the correct quote yourself if you were feeling nice and wanted to make sure everyone understood what you were talking about.

For your piece of mind, I will explain. I had to cut and paste that quote a couple times because I was having some trouble with my browser, and by accident (yes, by accident) I put lines where they shouldn't have been. The correct quote is:
As amusing as the acronyms were (read: not amusing), I'd like to play some mafia here.
Read: Random.

If this is actually a serious reason, you have problems. I will note that a. I've used VGOMS before, and it's not my fault none of you were around for it, b. The second one was a direct response to the Mod, who was also participating in the fun, and c. if you really want to insist on looking for suspicion in strange places, it's probably best placed on the followers.
Now, allow me address your playing style for a moment:
That first paragraph is an insult to ass halves everywhere.
Okay, now you're pretty much just insulting me for the hell of it. I understand the word disagree, you can say "I disagree, and I don't think that's a good reason for you to vote for me," and I will completely understand your reasoning. Mafia games do not need to be personal.
As for the second, again, this is something easily verifiable if it's true, but you would rather base it on what *you know* of how he likes to play. And this somehow outweighs what I know, having played in, oh, twice as many games with him, and having met him in meatworld twice?

I said in my first post about it that *I don't actually know* whether he would use the kill these days, but you're going to have to do better than "I know better than you for no reason whatsoever".
Where did I say I knew him better than you? I say what I know from my experience. I can't base my opinions off of what
you
know about people.

And besides, show me an example of him *not* using a night 1 vig kill and I'd be more apt to believe you. As of now, it seems to be your guess vs. my guess.
However, at this point, I
am
suspicious of you, because hyperspazzing over something small and insignificant early in the game is something that I've seen others and myself do as mafia in the past.
I'm sorry, but when I have *just* made a point about random voting still going on, and then someone votes for me for some completely idiotic reason because they can't find anything better, they're getting their post ripped apart.
Well, the alternative is not participating at all. I found what I viewed (and still view) as a strange thing to say, so I brought it out. I didn't just pick you at random then find a piece of crap evidence so it would seem justified. In my mind (and you've made it clear that you do not share the same opinion) voting for you made sense at the time, because your post seemed iffy. Now that I see other, even more suspicious people surfacing, I'm going to change my vote.
If you want to see hyperspazzing though, I suggest you read: Minvitational 2
What exactly are you trying to prove by this? That you're prone to hyperspazzing? That you're just as capable of it now as you were 28 months ago?

Also, there's a difference between here and there. In the minivitational you wrote a long post in response to other long posts. Here, I wrote 5 sentences, and you wrote a long post, which included telling me how much I suck several times for no logical reason.

Your vote appears to be because according to you A) I have no sense of humor and am bad at mafia (which falls under same category as "spite for the acronyms") and B) because you disagree with me as far as the IS scenario and speculation being important.

So, to sum up, half of your reason for voting for me is that you feel that the IS scenario doesn't matter right now and that I am speculating too much. Yet these are both your opinions, specifically ones we differ on, and not tangible pieces of evidence. I'm getting the same sense of "waaaaaaa, korais disagreed with me I'll vote for him" you were talking about before.

However, as I said before,
unvote: mith
, because there are more suspicious people out there, although keeping an
FOS: mith
out there for the hyperspaz earlier, I don't see a rational explanation other than panic or pre-existing emotions.

vote: electra, FOS: DP, Stewie & roland
Oh yes, finally, a truly suspicious post in the middle of all the speculation of things I know nothing about.
vote: Gaspode
because that's exactly the kind of nothing mafia would say.
Saying "the mafia would say X" doesn't work as evidence, because everyone plays differently as mafia. Besides, the "nothing" that you refer to is gaspode deciding to wait until there is more evidence. That's not nothing, that's being a smart player. Rather than jumping on a bandwagon while admitting you don't understand what's going on, you could reread the thread, then if you're still unclear on anything, ask questions.

As for the other three of you, don't just say "that post is suspicious" without saying what's suspicious about it. If it's because he's not voting, and posting that he's not voting, then why no suspicions against Aelyn, who did the same thing 5 posts later, or genocide heart, who did the same thing in post 110?
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by korais666 »

Also, could we get a prod for those people who have yet to post, or who haven't since the very beginning? I feel like 10-12 people are dominating this currently 28 person game.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #141 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:25 pm

Post by korais666 »

Hm. My post turned out equally hyperspazzish when I went back through it.

To start, I found "ass halves" amusing, but I took calling my post "an insult to ass halves everywhere" as an insult.
I don't have time for a complete search, but a quick look doesn't reveal any games in which he even had a normal Vig role, other than the ongoing one.
That was pretty much my point. Neither of us have any evidence other than what we think about IS.

Anyway, I see what you're trying to say now, except for this quote:
5. You use the classicly scummy Unvote/FOS to bail out.
When did that become a scum move? What I was saying was "Electra's post is scummier than yours, but I'm still keeping an eye on you, moreso than everyone else." That seems pretty normal when it comes to a long back-and-forth discussion.

If you would like me to use an Eye Of Suspicion instead, perhaps that would be more accurate, but I like to stick with acronyms everyone recognizes.

That was a joke. Heh. Heh heh. :roll:

Anyways, I'll find some examples of me doing the same thing in other games, if you want.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #270 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:30 pm

Post by korais666 »

Sorry about the abscence, I could have sworn I posted I'd be away for February break, but apparently I never did.

Tip for Stewie: Don't get into a math debate with a guy named "Locus Cosecant." :roll:

I'll be doing a more thorough reread of the last 5 pages in the next day or two, but for now I'm going to
unvote: electra, vote: coron
. I'm not buying pooky's arguement, but I chalk it up to him having a bad day/week/other period of time.

Saying he is
deliberately
trying to build a particular reputation for himself is completely unrealistic. Maybe I'm the only one, but I've never intentionally tried to find a particular style of play. It just happens because if you're angry, you post angry, then you get a reputation as being angry.

Besides, people change. Wasn't Pooky the one who was only speaking in third person and using cute phrases when he first arrived? :lol:

As for Coron, I think the suspicions against Aelyn are a bit overdone, considering that he's been spending a lot of time under fire for a post that spawned from misreading another post.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #271 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:39 pm

Post by korais666 »

Hmmm... that post was poorly organized, I might it sound like coron was saying what Fuldu said.

Fuldu used the "deliberately building a reputation" arguement. The reason I'm voting coron is because of what I said in the last sentence, coupled with mith and darklight's arguements.

Also: Mith, you really like linking to other games where you pick apart people's posts. Are you trying to intimidate us? :wink:
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #383 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:52 am

Post by korais666 »

Sorry about continued delays, final projects in 3 different classes due, meaning about 8 seconds of internet time per day. I'll be able to be more involved after that's over.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #665 (isolation #9) » Wed May 25, 2005 11:04 am

Post by korais666 »

I'm here, and thankfully unreplaced. I was involved with a project part of april through the beginning of may. I distinctly remembering writing a post about how I would be low-access, but maybe I never hit Submit.

I'm rereading the thread, and it looks like mith is in the clear. I'm going to
vote: Aelyn
, being one of the people I've been suspicious of since early on in the game.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #666 (isolation #10) » Wed May 25, 2005 11:05 am

Post by korais666 »

I'm here, and thankfully unreplaced. I was involved with a project part of april through the beginning of may. I distinctly remembering writing a post about how I would be low-access, but maybe I never hit Submit.

I'm rereading the thread, and it looks like mith is in the clear. I'm going to
vote: Aelyn
, being one of the people I've been suspicious of since early on in the game.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #714 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:39 pm

Post by korais666 »

Seems suspicious enough, and we're certainly not going anywhere else.
unvote: Aelyn, vote: peachy
-Me, 2/25/08

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”