Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Slicey »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Does this sound like a guilty result?
Talitha wrote:I'm really busy at the moment but wanted to check in to raise an eyebrow at the OGML votes. Haven't played with him before but my gut says town so far.

Oh and
vote: flameaxe

Maybe just a placeholder until I can assess some of the other voteworthy candidates. Maybe not.
I don't think so, personally.

I'd like to hear from the replacements.
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Talitha might have investigated OGML and got an innocent...
... I never would've guessed as such. :oops:
raider8169 wrote:If that was the case wouldnt he have said something a little more to that effect? I got the impression that is was more of a gut feeling from Talitha.
... You mean for her to say something that might make it clear that she's a Cop??? >=(
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Hello. I am here to sushify your evening. Please wait as I review the recipe and I'll get some eel rolls out for you soon.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I won't have as much time to post for the next couple of weeks. Suffice to say: Vote:
Pear Bear
. Aside from my reasons for suspecting him yesterday, he jumped on the OGML wagon once it had picked up steam.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Jebus »

Update on inactivity - will be caught up this weekend, I've got three days of nothingness.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Since Talitha's a confirmed, dead townie, I would say that there may now be increased merit in her case against Azhrei. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Slicey »

Azhrei wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Talitha might have investigated OGML and got an innocent...
... Yeah, I'd say that's probably right. It'd be the most likely explanation I can see.
Or she investigated you and got a guilty.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Plum »

Slicey wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
... Yeah, I'd say that's probably right. It'd be the most likely explanation I can see.
Highly doubtful. What the heck are you talking about?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Plum »

Plum wrote:
Slicey wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
EBWOP:

Sorry, misread, thought Slicey meant Talitha might have gotten a guilty on DGB; many things point to that being a stupid idea. Guilty on Azhrei is what Slicey actually said and reasonable. Disregard above post, please.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Slicey »

Plum wrote:
Slicey wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
Just throwing it out there. >_> I'm not saying it's 100% true. >__> I don't feel like she got an innocent on OGML though, or else I think she would have said something. But then again, she would have said something about Az if she got a guilty scan on him, making my last post invalid. >_>
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Plum »

Slicey wrote:
Plum wrote:
Slicey wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
Just throwing it out there. >_> I'm not saying it's 100% true. >__> I don't feel like she got an innocent on OGML though, or else I think she would have said something. But then again, she would have said something about Az if she got a guilty scan on him, making my last post invalid. >_>
See above. I misread your post. Talitha with a guilty on Azhrei, which you suggested, is possible. I misread and thought you meant Talitha with a guily on DGB, which would be almost rediculous. Again, you may feel free to disregard that mistaken post of mine.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Slicey »

Oh. Well, I find it more likely that she scanned Az guilty than scanning OGML innocent.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:40 am

Slicey wrote:Oh. Well, I find it more likely that she scanned Az guilty than scanning OGML innocent.
Well OGML behaved in a way that made him a prime investigation target for the cop. So I'm going to venture that Talitha, being a clever player and all, investigated the scummiest player on Day 1, which was, hands down, OGML.

I'm also going to guess that, having a innocent result on OGML, she scanned down her list of suspects for the next scummiest player. And there she found Flameaxe and Azhrei.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:37 am

Post by sirdanilot »

I'm also going to guess that, having a innocent result on OGML, she scanned down her list of suspects for the next scummiest player. And there she found Flameaxe and Azhrei.
Huh, she never dropped even a slight HINT of OGML suspicion day 1. I do not find it very unthinkable at all that we're actually dealing with an Azhrei or Flameaxe guilty here.

Premise: Talitha was the COP.
Premise: Talitha found Azhrei and Flameaxe SCUMMY.
Conclusion: We should look very closely at Azhrei and Flameaxe since they are now SUSPICIOUS.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:45 am

sirdanilot wrote:Premise: Talitha was the COP.
Premise: Talitha found Azhrei and Flameaxe SCUMMY.
Conclusion: We should look very closely at Azhrei and Flameaxe since they are now SUSPICIOUS.
I agree; I don't think she had a guilty on Azhrei or Flameaxe, because she spent her investigation on OGML.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:09 am

I was just looking at Flameaxe's posts, in isolation. He's lurking massively. The two players that tried to draw attention to Flameaxe weren't bus'ing, which was in the back of my mind, they were both townies.

And no one else brought up Flameaxe. Maybe as it turns out, his buddies don't mind Flameaxe's lurking.

Let's rattle the scum's cage:

vote: Flameaxe

sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:52 am

Post by sirdanilot »

I do in fact think that she has either investigated Azhrei or Flameaxe. I find it personally rather unlikely for her to have investigated OGML because she never mentioned him as a suspect day 1. Why would she investigate someone she didn't suspect in the slightest? I just don't see why she would.

I too think that voting Flameaxe is a good idea right now. 'Nuff said for now.

vote Flameaxe
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:25 am

Post by raider8169 »

So far I have a town read on Sentata, Farkshinsoup and Plum. They seem genuine and reasonable. Though Im not sure I agree with everything they say they do seem townie to me.

I need to read up on some other people. Having a hard time focusing for more then 2 seconds on something, stupid cold.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:33 am

Post by sirdanilot »

What do you think about Azhrei and Flameaxe?
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Setanta »

Sorry about my inactivity yday. Was busy with rl stuff and other game(s).

With Talitha turning up cop her investigating OGML is possible, I think if she had a guilty she might have came out with it later on in the day, but who knows.

Also note that Talitha was a knife cop, is this different than a regular cop, or does the prefix indicate the type of mafia she could find?

IIRC correctly, Talitha suspected Azheri for the same things that OGML had done, i.e. the jumping to the Santos b/w. I'll need to read back and check, if this is the case would a guilty be more likely, or just an innocent on OGML, iunno. Will read back through her posts now that's she's flipped cop anyway.
No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. [i]Never compromise. [/i]
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Slicey »

Vote: Pear Bear

Just lurking over here as my random vote on MK seems to have been a bit more than just random...
Admitting to lurking, just as Santos did. No explanation for why he's keeping his vote on MK.
Sorry for not addressing you, Plum, but I hadnt noticed that you voted me.
I was hesitant to post because my random vote for MK seemed to have been a decent pick in the first place, and I was assessing what everyone else was thinking to determine if I wanted to keep my vote on MK or not.
I realize, now, that random voting and then lurking when everyone else jumps aboard is really sketchy and I don't plan on doing it again. As for MK and his alleged role fishing, In some cases role fishing can be pro-town, and I think that this may be one of those cases.

Unvote MK
Unvoted after being called out by Plum. Admitting that just staying on the wagon for no reason other than his random vote was scummy. Try to do some scumhunting instead of just guessing.
I understand that I'm looking realllllly scummy right now. My half-baked plan has basically blown up in my face. I was hoping that if I had kept my vote on MK he would be lynched and turn out to be scum, but towards the end of that process I began to doubt his scumminess. That combined with pressure to act in someway caused me to remove my vote. However, I didn't think that Santos was scum either, and that by being one of the few to not vote him I would assure my nonscumminess.
Ive made a newb mistake that could potentially end up killing me, and hurting the town.
Fail.

I was also extremely surprised that I wasnt on Plums list of suspects as he was the only person to vote me yesterday and now I look 1000x scummier than then.

And finally, I don't fully comprehend the hasty flameaxe voting...
Again, just hoping that MK was scum. He didn't believe he was scum, he just stayed on the wagon in HOPES that he was scum. And to act in someway? You mean acting town instead of just acting like scum which you most likely are? Also, not voting for someone whose lynched does not assure you non-scumminess, regardless of their alignment.

Also, the last comment was definitely buddying up to Flameaxe. He had one vote on him from Plum, and it was the beginning of the day phase. If Pear Bear flips scum, I bet that Flameaxe will flip scum as well.
Stupid question:

Does scum know the identity of other scum in this game?
This is one of a few dumb questions by Pear Bear. I feel that he's stupidly trying to make it look like he has no idea how the scum work in this game.

It was my first game in which I had been present for the first day.
I had/still have absolutely no way of personally analyzing people on the first day, and, I won't lie, my mindset during that entire day was to keep informed and follow the majority because most of you know much better than me what youre doing.
So basically, you're saying that you're just going to follow the bandwagon, correct? Again, you has no interest in scumhunting.
Like I mentioned before, my mindset on day 1 was to trust the more experienced majority, as I at no point, that day, was ever fully convinced that anyone was scum.
Santos admitted to having a
safe claim.
You didn't think he was scum then?
This will be very interesting later on if OGML flips scum. I already suspect plum for a few fallable reasons, one of them being that whenever someone votes against me, and I am town, they automatically jump into my line of sight as potential scum, because theyre voting to lynch town. Also, in nearly every mafia game Ive played, those players who you think are "likely town" and do the best job at looking the part of a townie, end up being scum. And Plum is doing a great job at looking pro-town.

vote OGML for the time being
FSS summed this up pretty well. That is absolutely terrible reasoning for suspecting Plum. Obviously OMGUS. And again, no real scumhunting.
And this is a perfect example of how my newb tendancies and inexperience are being horribly misinterpereted for scum behaviour, by more experienced players who are either confusing themselves, or going for an easy kill.

I was simply putting my thoughts out there.
No. Do not use the "I'm a newb" excuse. That is again, horrible reasoning. They're not being misinterpreted because that's what you meant. And if it isn't, then explain what you did mean.
If there were two scum groups, how likely would it be that they know eachothers identities?
I would think that if they were aware of eachother it would defeat the purpose of seperating them.

Currently, I'm still the most convinced by the case against OGML, and I have yet to see a post with anything solid enough to lynch Az, but I'm still waiting.
And I'm still suspicious of Plum.
Here's another example of one of those really stupid questions.

You never really explained why you voted for OGML. In your post where you voted for him, you just said that if OGML is scum, then Plum is scum. And your reasoning for being suspicious of Plum is still horrible. "Well, Plum is voting for me. She must be scum." Seriously, you're not doing ANY scumhunting.

His last few comments I already commented upon. He's trying to tell everyone that his case is not at good as OGML's. I did agree with this, but he was trying to play it off as if it was nothing.

To sum it up, I'm voting for Pear Bear because:
Admitting to lurking
Keeping his vote on MK in
hope
that he was scum until he was called out for it
No actual scumhunting
(This is my main reason why)
Crappy reasoning for why he thinks Plum is scum (lol rhyme)
newb defense
Brushing off the wagon on him as if it was nothing
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:16 am

sirdanilot wrote:I do in fact think that she has either investigated Azhrei or Flameaxe. I find it personally rather unlikely for her to have investigated OGML because she never mentioned him as a suspect day 1. Why would she investigate someone she didn't suspect in the slightest? I just don't see why she would.
Hmmm, I didn't consider that possibility.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:27 am

Setanta wrote:Also note that Talitha was a knife cop, is this different than a regular cop, or does the prefix indicate the type of mafia she could find?
That's a very astute observation. It may be why she was under the impression that we may have two scum factions. On the other hand, OGML also thought we may have two scum factions, and he had no reason to believe that.

Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Setanta »

This is true, Santos turned up Pre cooked mafia(?) or something along those lines though. But Talitha's role would probably have given her more info on what her abillities were ( obviously) so it somewhat guesswork, which I don't think is a good thing, past certain levels.

Slicey's case on pear bear is a good one, and one which I half assed pointed out yesterday, along with others who were voting for him.

Vote Pear Bear

I think trying to work out Talitha's innocent/guilty may prove difficult, so it's best to place my vote on someone I think is scummy independant of this.
No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. [i]Never compromise. [/i]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:22 am

Slicey's case is most excellent.

I anxiously await Pear Bear's response.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”