ITT we fawn over pretty girls

This forum is for discussion about anything else.

Which is more demeaning?

Being told you're beautiful
14%
Being told you're downright unnatractive
86%

Total votes: 83

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:21 am

Post by JDodge »

Sorry, but when did that conversation ever become about people being demeaning?
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:35 am

Post by JDodge »

WHERE IS ZONEFACE TO DECLARE THIS A VAST RIGHT-WING CONSPIRACY WHEN YOU NEED HIM
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:49 am

Post by JDodge »

elvis_knits wrote:I'm really trying to be honest about how I saw things go down, not force people to accept my position.

I haven't seen one good explanation for why tajo saying someone is beautiful is somehow bad or wrong. I haven't seen one good explanation for how saying "most of the girls who post in this thread are downright unnatractive" is not an insult.

My point is that Shea has some problem with tajo and others telling a girl she's pretty. While making his point, he said most of the girls in the thread are unattractive. That is a far bigger insult.
Shea was pointing out the creepiness of tajo and others while stating his own opinion as to why their behaviour is creepy. Insult being a byproduct.

You might do well to actually learn the context of something before you go off all insulted and trying to SHOW HOW HIS SIDE OF THE ISSUE IS BAD.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:53 am

Post by JDodge »

elvis_knits wrote:I knew the context, thanks. I fail to see how it's creepy. I've seen people be creepy. That wasn't creepy.
And that is your subjective opinion. Much like how Shea thinking the majority of girls on this site are unattractive is his own subjective opinion. You agree that everyone has their right to an opinion, right?
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:56 am

Post by JDodge »

populartajo wrote:THERE WAS NO FUCKING REASON TO GENERALIZE PEOPLE.

He could say : "I said no names" in a coward attempt to avoid responsibility but there was no reason to say people commenting on nice pics of a girl are sexually frustrated and that the majority of the girls of the site are ugly.

Even more, there was no reason to call me virgin nerd that jacks off with alpacas (LOL).´I find these things hilarious but Shea did it with other obvious intentions.

This only to show you the kind of person you are defending regardless of the situation.
You take offense at being called a virgin - yep, you def. are one. You spend a large portion of your time on the internet - that makes you a nerd. So two out of three are true.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:59 am

Post by JDodge »

populartajo wrote:
JDodge wrote:

He could say : "I said no names" in a coward attempt to avoid responsibility but there was no reason to say people commenting on nice pics of a girl are sexually frustrated and that the majority of the girls of the site are ugly.

Even more, there was no reason to call me virgin nerd that jacks off with alpacas (LOL).´I find these things hilarious but Shea did it with other obvious intentions.

This only to show you the kind of person you are defending regardless of the situation.
You take offense at being called a virgin - yep, you def. are one. You spend a large portion of your time on the internet - that makes you a nerd. So two out of three are true.
You are being retarded on purpose, right?
There is no reason to take offense at being called a virgin unless you actually are one who is too socially awkward to actually get any.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:31 am

Post by JDodge »

farside22 wrote:
JDodge wrote:
populartajo wrote:
JDodge wrote:

You are being retarded on purpose, right?
There is no reason to take offense at being called a virgin unless you actually are one who is too socially awkward to actually get any.
I find JD line of thought on the subject illogical.
If you call someone ugly to there face and they get offended it doesn't mean they are ugly they are most likely offended at the comment.
If someone says something hurtful to be a dick people are going to be offended.
I could go on but I'm sure you will just say that everything people are offened about must be true instead of people having feelings at all.
The issue being that virgin is not necessarily hurtful.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:37 am

Post by JDodge »

elvis_knits wrote:Look, I don't care about that part, but Shea clearly meant virgin as an insult. So why shouldn't tajo take it as one?
He meant virgin in the context of his argument. You really haven't actually read what you're talking about, have you? All you ever seem to see in any debate I've ever seen is your valiant, great and all-powerful side v. the warped, twisted, evil, mean side that you're up against. It's not all black and white. Not every argument is meant as an insult.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by JDodge »

Note: only two females I've ever seen posting in the face with a name thread who didn't get fawned over were farside and xofelf.

Farside is obvious, she has a child.

Xofelf is obvious if you look at the pictures.

Note: people like tajo and fellows only seem to comment on females, and those who are attractive. They comment on nothing else.

So yeah, your "they're just commenting on pictures" point fails.
stream

Return to “General Discussion”