PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:08 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

Bah, simulpost. Cross hp off the list then. What makes WhereIsTony a superior lynch to Mini?
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:47 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

DGB's bet. I'm willing to test it.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:47 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Vote Count:

minineko
(6) PieIsPopcorn, WhereIsTony, Seraphim, Riceballtail, Xenaroth, Slicey
WhereIsTony
(1) hp [leaves]
Qanqan
(1) Azhrei
Seraphim
(1) Qanqan

Note Voting:
minineko, ortolan, raider8169

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:16 am

Post by raider8169 »

Looking at WhereIsTony did not take long at all with only 9 posts and they are all really just one liners. He has been in the game for a month with nothing to show for it. I am very happy with his lynch. The only person he has accused is Zwet but never voted for him. His vote is currently on minineko and his reason is because the kettle is black.

I am happy with a WhereIsTony lynch.

Vote WhereIsTony

Anyone know when the deadline is? I will hammer if needed but I would rather see a tony lynch.
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:42 am

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

HP- You mean this bet?
DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm guessing that:

Microphone_Kirby (5)- Pear Bear, ortolan, OhGodMyLife, Sipylus, Green Crayons
raider8169 (3)- Plum, Septia, Talitha
Seraphim (3)- CounselWolf, sirdanilot, Slicey

One of these three players is scum, and being bus'ed.

I'll check again at end game. Here's my wager. If I'm wrong, I'll replace in 3 games. If I'm right, I'll mod a game.
Because then you should be voting Raider or Seraphim, not Farkshinsoup/Septia, who WhereIsTony replaced.
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:48 am

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

raider8169 wrote:Looking at WhereIsTony did not take long at all with only 9 posts and they are all really just one liners. He has been in the game for a month with nothing to show for it. I am very happy with his lynch. The only person he has accused is Zwet but never voted for him. His vote is currently on minineko and his reason is because the kettle is black.

I am happy with a WhereIsTony lynch.

Vote WhereIsTony

Anyone know when the deadline is? I will hammer if needed but I would rather see a tony lynch.
This isn't a bad reason, but I fail to see how Mini's lurking is better than Tony's lurking, nor how Mini's scummy posts are better than Tony's opportunism. *Blargh, sorry for pulling a BM the last couple posts guys.*

This WhereIsTony wagon reeks. I much prefer the Mini wagon ATM.
Xenaroth
Xenaroth
Townie
Xenaroth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Xenaroth »

My opinion:
I wouldn't object to a WhereIsTony Lynch but I think the Minineko/Qanqan interaction is more scummish than WhereIsTony's actions/lack of action.

While raising DGB's bet is something to consider I think we have a more sure bet lynching Minieko for his scummy actions and hence also uncovering Qanqan scumbuddy posibilities.

PiP mentioned that the deadline is Monday, not too sure myself, Mod can you confirm pls.

Xen
Show
Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder

Currently playing:
Sushi Mafia (Day Seven) - replacement
Mini 762 - Secret-role Mafia (Day One)
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:21 am

Post by raider8169 »

PieIsPopcorn wrote: This isn't a bad reason, but I fail to see how Mini's lurking is better than Tony's lurking, nor how Mini's scummy posts are better than Tony's opportunism. *Blargh, sorry for pulling a BM the last couple posts guys.*

What reeks about it? The mini wagon seems forced as most of this games lynches have been. There is not much of a difference but I think mini has posted more and has had a little bit of content in there.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Azhrei »

hp, your reasons are \n't there, as PIP already pointed out. Personally, I can't really see why a Tony lynch is any better than Minnieko, or Qanqan for that matter. At least FSS, who Tony replaced, was a very townie player, whereas the other two really don't have much to say for themselves. Or much to say, really.

Qanqan. Speak.

Mod: Could we get some prods sent out. Qanqan and Ortolan both need them.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

raider8169 wrote:
PieIsPopcorn wrote: This isn't a bad reason, but I fail to see how Mini's lurking is better than Tony's lurking, nor how Mini's scummy posts are better than Tony's opportunism. *Blargh, sorry for pulling a BM the last couple posts guys.*

What reeks about it? The mini wagon seems forced as most of this games lynches have been. There is not much of a difference but I think mini has posted more and has had a little bit of content in there.
To explain that, I'll have to show how exactly this mini-wagon got formed. Slicey voted WhereIsTony for bandwagoning. The vote I find least suspicious, because it is logical, and he doesn't show any sort of commitment to the wagon based on faulty reasoning.

At first, hp voted for Riceball due to her quick-hammer. Then, HP [leaves] votes Tony, for the following reason.
hp [leaves] wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:
hp [leaves] wrote:DGB was scum. We'd better not trust her information.
FoS
for this post. Could be a way of protecting a scumbuddy.
Assuming she's correct, this leaves us raiderscum and tonyscum. Seraphim looks pretty town so we don't even need to look into that.

Actually I'm willing to test this.

Unvote, Vote WhereIsTony
He quickly dismisses Seraphim as scum, which many people have already criticized. He doesn't even demonstrate his methodology, just stating that we don't need to examine it because he "looks town". In fact, he outright states that you, raider, were part of the post, and that Tony was part of
the post, when he wasn't.

He doesn't quote the post to demonstrate how Tony-scum is related to DGB's bet at all. And why didn't he vote you, raider? Why did he choose WhereIsTony? He doesn't make that clear either. In fact, he goes from feeling like this-
To the post above in three days.

HP has been against the Mini wagon from the first it seems, never feeling the need to be on it, and trying to start counter-wagons from the beginning. This is despite the fact that he also noticed the lack of contribution from Mini.
hp [leaves] wrote:
Minineko wrote:I'm not really "trying to look active". I don't have much to say, but I am saying it because it's better than nothing. "Looking active" is not my goal.

Meow.
Would you care to contribute?
And now, three days from the deadline, you jump on the Tony wagon, after mentioning him once beforehand. Tony and Mini have both in the game a month, Mini in the game slightly longer, with Mini only having 4 more posts. None of them are particularly full of content, and he admits that not having reads on anybody in the game. In contrast, WhereIsTony has voted Mini, and FOSed HP. In addition, he has stated things that he found suspicious about HP, such as-
WhereIsTony wrote:
FoS Hp Leaves
, trying to nail RBT for the QH, seems like scum trying to get people to jump at shadows.

We were in danger of a no lynch.
And earlier, with Zwet-
WhereIsTony wrote:
Slicey wrote:
Unvote

I don't care when AK gets lynched, as long as he gets lynched. I want to hear Qanqan, Minineko and WhereisTony's suspicions.
My suspicions on Zwet.

based mainly in his posts that allude to knowing things and being important, without backing them up.

In my experiencce town power roles either claim hard or don't claim at all.

Scum IMPLY
I find it far more likely that we'll get content from WhereIsTony in the future than we will from Mini. If town, they are not helping the town cause by scumhunting and providing information. If scum, they will be able to coast by, and even when lynched, won't provide us any information as to scumbuddies or connections. This is not true with Tony.

Ergo, I consider this wagon to be ill-founded, and led by scum trying to detract from the Mini wagon- either bussing to get townie cred (which I doubt), or trying to railroad a townie in order to save a buddy (Something I find far more likely.)

On the deadline- I apologize, my calculations were off. I thought the day had started earlier than it actually had. Since it started on March 25, and deadline is 2 weeks from the starting point, I believe it ends on April 8th. However, I'm not a whiz at mathematics, so if I'm wrong, the mod can feel free to correct me.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Deadline is Wednesday morning, sending out prods now.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Slicey »

I'll check again at end game. Here's my wager. If I'm wrong, I'll replace in 3 games. If I'm right, I'll mod a game.
...wait. I'd be willing to bet that one of those 3 players actually is scummates with her. We know MK is town. There is one scum between raider and Seraphim. I'm about 70% sure, with my knowledge of DGB.

Now, let's color coordinate who we know is scum and who we know is town (red = scum, green = town)

Microphone_Kirby
(5)-
Pear Bear
, ortolan,
OhGodMyLife
, Sipylus,
Green Crayons

raider8169 (3)-
Plum
, Septia,
Talitha

Seraphim (3)-
CounselWolf
sirdanilot
, Slicey

Now, DGB (maybe, we're still don't know for sure) knew that sirdan was her scummate. I think she was doing some early distancing from sirdan and scumSeraphim. I think she just revealed a scummate of hers by her attempted distancing. I believe that one of those three players, Seraphim is being bussed by scumsirdan. I think we found our scum and we have DGB to thank.

Now, this rules out my other theory. I'm fine with that. This revelation and AK flipping town has pretty much disproved my theory.

Unvote, Vote: Seraphim
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Seraphim »

WTF?

Slicey, are you willing to be lynched tomorrow if your theory is wrong? Because trusting DGB, especially scum-DGB, is a long-shot.
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

Slicey wrote:

...wait. I'd be willing to bet that one of those 3 players actually is scummates with her. We know MK is town. There is one scum between raider and Seraphim. I'm about 70% sure, with my knowledge of DGB.

Now, let's color coordinate who we know is scum and who we know is town (red = scum, green = town)

Microphone_Kirby
(5)-
Pear Bear
, ortolan,
OhGodMyLife
, Sipylus,
Green Crayons

raider8169 (3)-
Plum
, Septia,
Talitha

Seraphim (3)-
CounselWolf
sirdanilot
, Slicey

Now, DGB (maybe, we're still don't know for sure) knew that sirdan was her scummate. I think she was doing some early distancing from sirdan and scumSeraphim. I think she just revealed a scummate of hers by her attempted distancing. I believe that one of those three players, Seraphim is being bussed by scumsirdan. I think we found our scum and we have DGB to thank.

Now, this rules out my other theory. I'm fine with that. This revelation and AK flipping town has pretty much disproved my theory.

Hrm. I did find Seraph pretty scummy through my read (Between his push of the RBT lynch early, contradicting himself, DGB's post, his lurking through the Santos lynch...), that after rereading him in isolation I think I would actually prefer his lynch to a Minn or HP lynch. Would give the town a truckload of information.

In addition, Seraph, you never answered my question-
PieIsPopcorn wrote:
Seraphim wrote:You should reread then.
I don't think scum would be this stupid,
but when you sign up for a game, you sign up for a commitment. ditching all of us just because you're confused isn't good ethics.
If you no longer think that Mini is scum Seraphim, why are you still voting for them?
To make matters worse, I don't like Seraphim's response at all-
Seraphim wrote:WTF?

Slicey, are you willing to be lynched tomorrow if your theory is wrong?
Why exactly should Slicey be lynched tomorrow even if he is incorrect? An incorrect analysis does not a scum make. And (since I really believe that DGB was distancing, that makes it almost certain in my eyes that raider is scum, if you flip town) it's extremely likely that we'll get scum as a result of your lynch. It feels like you're trying to scare Slicey into not lynching you by getting others agree to set up a lynch of Slicey tomorrow if you flip town.

Seraphim wrote:Because trusting DGB, especially scum-DGB, is a long-shot.
Hrm... this sounds strangely familiar. I wonder where I heard it before? Oh yeah, that's right...
This was scummy then, and it is scummy now.

MFOS: Minn
(Don't think I've forgotten about you. I'm waiting on that content.)
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Slicey »

Basically, DGB would do something like this; distancing from scummates while potentially leading a mislynch on one of those other players. If we're wrong about you, then there is a high chance that raider is scum and Septia (AKA WhereisTony) as a potential scummate.

Hmm.. maybe we should leave this to a vig. I honestly think there is a 50/50 chance of raider/WIT scum team and Seraphim being scum.

I'm less inclined to lynch Seraphim now. I would like to leave him to a vig, but there has been no proof that a vig actually exists.

Keeping my vote now, but it may change back to Minineko.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

Slicey wrote: I'm less inclined to lynch Seraphim now. I would like to leave him to a vig, but there has been no proof that a vig actually exists.

Keeping my vote now, but it may change back to Minineko.
Hrm. What caused the sudden change in heart?
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Slicey »

I looked closer at who is still not confirmed town or scum that was voting raider (I was more focused on Seraphim/sirdan when I posted that. The only one was Septia/WIT. WIT has been acting pretty scummy, most notably this day phase. You've said your suspicions on raider, and I agree with you on them. I will tell you this. There is at least one scum between Seraphim, raider and WIT. I'm not 100% sure obviously, but I have a good feeling about it.

Basically, I think there is just an equal chance of scum WIT bussing scum raider and scum sirdan bussing scum Seraphim. Which is why I'm unsure.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:11 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Mod, V/LA for a week
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
WhereIsTony
WhereIsTony
Goon
WhereIsTony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:35 am

Post by WhereIsTony »

I am not sure where I acted scummy. I am voting for minn because of his lurking, while at the same time admitting my own inactivity.
WhereIsTony
WhereIsTony
Goon
WhereIsTony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:36 am

Post by WhereIsTony »

I find HP leaves refusal to read long posts, as a way not to discuss the case if it worries him,
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:39 am

Post by raider8169 »

WhereIsTony wrote:I am not sure where I acted scummy. I am voting for minn because of his lurking, while at the same time admitting my own inactivity.
Exactly, you admite to doing it. Yet, I do not see any effort to change it.
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

Slicey wrote:I looked closer at who is still not confirmed town or scum that was voting raider (I was more focused on Seraphim/sirdan when I posted that. The only one was Septia/WIT. WIT has been acting pretty scummy, most notably this day phase. You've said your suspicions on raider, and I agree with you on them. I will tell you this. There is at least one scum between Seraphim, raider and WIT. I'm not 100% sure obviously, but I have a good feeling about it.

Basically, I think there is just an equal chance of scum WIT bussing scum raider and scum sirdan bussing scum Seraphim. Which is why I'm unsure.
Eh, I see your point, although I still have a slight pro-town read on WIT. It's mostly gut though, and based on the way that other players have reacted to his play thus far. And I believe that I liked a couple of Septia's posts, although I may have to double-check later. Although I'm quite happy with the Minn wagon. After you made this point, I think I'd prefer to try and get a lynch of one of those three players today, and I have said gut town-read on Tony.

I doubt that we can get a raider lynch off in two-days, so that leaves Seraphim. I'm rather busy ATM, but I'll try to explain my case on Seraphim more clearly by tomorrow night. If the wagon honestly isn't getting enough traction, I'll switch back to Minn.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:23 am

Post by ortolan »

I should put more effort into this game.
Seraphim (1210) wrote:Actually, I'm getting a town read from Qangan now. I'm trying to force all the lurkers to come from their hidey holes.

Unvote
Vote: Minneko
Why so quick to change bandwagons, especially when I've drawn attention to your scummy case on Qanqan?
Seraphim (1214) wrote:Except that Minneko is the holy grail of lurkers. He votes for Pear Bear and disappears from the game. He either shows up and makes some posts or we lynch him. Now is the best time to start lurker hunting.
Please explain the rationale behind this.
Riceballtail (1218) wrote:Minineko reminds me greatly of K7, now that I think about it. Probably best to not have around if we get close to endgame.

Vote:Minineko
This justification lacks.
Slice (1225) wrote:bad players and lurkers might be scum. >_>
It's true they might be. What's your point?
raider (1253) wrote:Of course as minineko was pointed at first I am sure that is going to be today's lynch regardless as that is the way this game has been going.
I don't like you suggesting his lynch is a foregone conclusion like this.
Seraphim (1258) wrote:Are implying that either I or raider is scum? Actually, I can see Raider-scum...but I would much rather see Minneko the lurker die.
Why?

I do agree with PieIsPopcorn's 1273 suspicion of Seraphim. Not sure about the rest of the post though :P
PieIsPopcorn (1280) wrote:Sorry. Should I break my posts up into double-or triple posts in the future? That would cut down on the size, but I thought was frowned upon as well.
Please quote what you want to respond to then respond to it. Much better to read than those summaries you posted. I didn't go back and read any of the posts you mentioned. I don't mind long posts as long as they have something useful and reasonably clear to say. Your post might have been useful but it wasn't clear.
PIP (1281) wrote:I think that Mini was hoping to float under the radar while Activescum Dan and DGB drew attention to other players.
This is a good point.

I strongly favour the Seraphim wagon

Vote: Seraphim
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:03 am

Post by raider8169 »

ortolan wrote:
raider (1253) wrote:Of course as minineko was pointed at first I am sure that is going to be today's lynch regardless as that is the way this game has been going.
I don't like you suggesting his lynch is a foregone conclusion like this.
Either do I but it seems this game does just that. It good to see a few different bandwagons but it would have been nicer at the start of the day not when we are getting so close to the deadline.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:18 am

Post by shaft.ed »

millar13 replaces Qanqan effective immediately.

I will extend the deadline by two days in response to the recents replacements.
New deadline is exactly 48 hours from this post.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”