The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Barrylocke »

Mayor Vote: Mufasa
Because Mufasa was cool

Lynch Vote: The Fonz
Because he was not :P

Note that I havent played mafia on this particular site in ages, so I know noone.
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:52 am

Post by Barrylocke »

The Fonz wrote:
Barrylocke wrote:
Mayor Vote: Mufasa
Because Mufasa was cool

Lynch Vote: The Fonz
Because he was not :P

Note that I havent played mafia on this particular site in ages, so I know noone.
Question, Barry. Have you read what's already been written? If so, why did you feel it protown to random vote rather than actually contribute? If not, why not?
No, I didn't when I made vote, I made the assumption that we were still in a lack of discussion stage of the game. I'm read up now.

Unvote: Mufasa

Unvote: The Fonz

I agree that Ztife's mayor idea doesnt seem to be sound. I've never played a mayor game before, but I'd think that a good mayor would use their extra vote to put a bit more pressure on who they are suspicious of.

With the way Ztifie has it, it seems somewhat blame-free. And as someone pointed out earlier, the mafia can use that extra vote to their advantage in mislynches.
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Barrylocke »

Concerning Xtoxm, I dont think claiming that power this early makes him a good mayor. If his power was something like not being able to be night-killed, that'd be another story.

By being unlynchable, assuming that he is, all it does is insure his own security as mayor, but it wont make the rest of the town be sure about it.
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Barrylocke »

The Fonz wrote:Guys. I want everyone to post their current opinion on the following question, be it based on gut, meta, whatever.

Do you feel that Xtoxm is lying to us?
Im having a hard time seeing why he'd say lie as a mafia/idependent. I'd like to think that he isnt just going to say something like HEY I CANT BE LYNCHED and then run off.

So Im leaning on him telling the truth, though its hard to see a reason to reveal that this early as well.

Mind you, he could have just said that to start up discussion for Day 1.
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Barrylocke »

Mayor Vote: Yosarian2

I actually think he might make a good mayor. He seems to post enough with good observations.

There's noone Im really suspicious of at the moment besides X, but I also think that theres not much else to say about him besides what I've already mentioned. I still cant help but think that maybe he was trying to generate discussion early on, but other people have mentioned that he can have an unusual playing style. Are their any links to games that he's played in that show notable examples to this?
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by Barrylocke »

What mainly concerns me about Firestarter's proposal is how to decide to lynch the scummy mayor when they are found to be suspicious.

The whole point of this idea is keep an eye out for potential scum, and if the potential scum IS scum, hoping that we can either catch them and lynch them, or force them to play more pro-townie that they originally wanted to.

When it comes to lynching the scummy mayor, I see one of two things happening: either it'll be done based on little information gathered, which could result in a mislynch, or waiting to gather more from their final votes and day actions, which, if they ARE scum, leaves the scum in power for longer.

Since the mayor was voted on for scummyness, I also see there being some negative bias to their thoughts, which isn't that great if the player isn't scum after all. Of course, this can happen mayor or not, and many people would say that it means the player needs to learn to play better, and its not the town's fault.

I agree with Shinnon that I dont think Firestarter is actually scum, and I think he really is looking at this an alternative way. But I also agree with shinon, Yosa, etc. That this probably isn't the way to go.
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Barrylocke »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I've said it at least three times already: DON'T LYNCH XTOXM YET
What do you fear will happen if XTOXM gets lynched?
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Barrylocke »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Do you really want to waste a lynch on him, though? If he's telling the truth he'll probably be nightkilled quickly.
By whom though? Fonz made a good point earlier about him probably not having nightactions if he's town and telling the truth, so the mafia probably wont want to. And whats going to make a vigilante want to take him out if they dont know if he's telling the truth or not?
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Barrylocke »

And how would lynching him be a waste? we confirm that he's telling the truth if he dies. If he was lying and scum, then one less scum, and if he was lying but town, then IMO it was probably a stupid lie to make in the first place.

Vote: Xtoxm
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Barrylocke »

Xtoxm wrote:If lynching me would have killed me i'd have just self hammered. The role I have means it is not unfair on the replacement.
IMO, it is unfair, it places them in a situation that they might not have put themself in if they started from the beginning.
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Barrylocke »

Concerning Lurkers, I think since theirs plenty of time, if he's gone from the whole site, it might be better to see if he gets prodded and replaced. Of course, I know players can let mods know that they're lurking on purpose, so if he is, he probably wont be replaced. But I still feel calls for prods should happen before lynchs.
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:08 am

Post by Barrylocke »

As I said before, I'd rather see him get prod/replaced than lynched. But it seems that Percy and Yosarian's votes on Zoneace are more like pressure votes for him and his potential replacement, which is understandable.
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Barrylocke »

Concerning Percy/ZONACE , I think he shouldnt have had "excellent scumhunting" be his condition for an unvote. Im also assuming that now that ZONEACE has been replaced, he'll chill out on that issue.
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Barrylocke »

MikeSC6 wrote:@Mufasa: The phrases "most likely person to be lynched" and "needs to be lynched", from post 595, don't back up the idea that it was just throwing any old name out there. I don't believe that at all.
How is it Omgus, my FOS on Dr Pepper? I Seriously feel that Dr. Pepper was being very impatient and pushing the issue and I am busy and he didn't even read that I was gone during about 4 posts all asking a question when I was gone and expecting an answer.
It seemed odd that you'd select Dr. Pepper out of all of your accusers, Dr. Pepper only- who is currently embroiled in a separate discussion and from the looks of things, has a few people who would be willing to vote him should it come to that. Looked kind of opportunistic to me.

I might be wrong about the reasoning behind that FOS, though with or without it I'd still be voting based on everything else.
Dr. Pepper does seem to be the most aggresive person against Mufasa at the moment. And it seems to me like he has had genuine trouble getting into the game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”