Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Mini 779 - Killer in Smalltown Y - Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Game status: Game Over, Scum win.

Surviving Players:

Grimmy - Bruce the Martial Artist (Gangster)

Hypatia - Mary Rose the Split Personality (Town)

imaginality - Charles the Kidnapper (Gangster)

Dead Players:

Crazy - Jennifer the Herbalist (Poisoned, Night 0, Town)

Mixologist - Amy the Nurse (Shot, Night 0, Town)

rokovoj - Kevin the Home Invader (Shot, Night 0, Town)

Y - Tina the Stripper (Deported to the USA, Day 1, Killer)

Tarhalindur - Vicki the Model (Shot, Night 1, Town)

AshMC1984 - Tom the Peeper (Shot Himself, Day 2, Gangster)

armlx - Misty the Librarian (Shot, Night 2, Town)

malthusis - Richard the Stalker (Sent to Safehouse, Day 3, Town)

Debonair Danny DiPietro - John the Advertiser (Shot, Night 3, Town)
Last edited by Prof. Guppy on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 am, edited 20 times in total.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:26 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

In the quiet town of Atomic Falls, Manitoba, Canada, a lunatic is on the rampage. Meredith, the local Doctor, has been killed with a lethal poison, and the killer has left a message.
The killer wrote:Atomic Falls was conceived in sin. It must be destroyed, along with everyone who loves the city. It will be done. I will personally see to it.
Mike, the town sheriff, has promised to find the killer and bring him or her to justice. Shortly afterward, the sheriff was shot. It turns out that a gang of outlaws that founded the town 25 years ago has returned, in an effort to win back control of the town from the citizens. Now only twelve people are still alive. Which three make up the founding gang, and who is the lunatic serial killer?

It could be
Bruce, the martial artist (played by Grimmy).
He has sworn to defend his fellow citizens. Every night, he chooses someone to protect. Using his expertise in karate, he keeps his charge from being killed. But his trusting nature makes him vulnerable. If he protects an enemy, he will be stabbed in the back.

What about
Charles (played by imaginality)?
He has been known to kidnap people. Every night, he kidnaps someone, not out of malice, but out of some twisted sense of service. He protects his hostage from death, but also stops the hostage from doing anything useful that night.

Mary Rose (played by Hypatia)
is a likely candidate. She has a split personality…and a machete. Rose is sweet, kind, and protective as a mother bear. But Mary is violent, short-tempered, and unforgiving with that blade. She will either protect or kill one person every night, not knowing which until she chooses her target. Each personality has a 50% chance of appearing that night.

It could also be
Tina, the stripper (played by Y).
She has a way with people, both men and women. She can distract one person long enough for them to forget what they were planning to do. They end up doing nothing. She can do this every night.

Maybe it is
Kevin (played by rokovoj).
This guy knows where everyone lives, and also how to get into their place. He does get into their house, usually without their knowledge. He can hide in a different house every night, in an effort to stay ahead of the killers. But if the killers catch him, he will die along with the person whose house he broke into.

Amy (played by Mixologist)
was Meredith’s loyal nurse. She knows how to treat gunshot wounds, and save a person’s life after they’ve been shot, if she happens to be there. She can’t, however, save someone who was poisoned, or cut to ribbons. Since the gangsters use a gun to kill, she is the bane of their existence. There’s no way she could be one of them, right?

Then there’s
Jennifer, the herbalist (played by Crazy).
She’s discovered that the poison used by the lunatic is organic. She’s worked out a formula for the cure, and she can administer it to any person at night. It won’t bring them back to life, and can’t save them from any physical assault. But how did she find that cure? Did she make the poison herself?

Or was it
Richard (played by malthusis)?
This creepy little man likes to follow people. He follows someone every night, and sees who they visit. Why does he do it? Is he collecting information on the scum gang? Or the lunatic? Or is it the other way around?

What about
Tom (played by AshMC1984)?
He’s been known to peep in people’s windows. That’s why all the women change clothes in windowless rooms. But even without the allure of a nude woman, he still peeps. Every night, he sees who visited his target. What’s his motivation? Is he trying to stop the murderers? Or is he following orders?

Vicki (played by Tarhalindur)
is a former model who’s really into herself. She spends her free time looking in her mirror, gussying herself up. But she sees more in that mirror than just her overexposed mug. She also sees everyone who comes up to her. Nobody visits her house without her knowing about it. She couldn’t be a killer, she too full of herself. Or is she?

Consider
Misty, the librarian (played by armlx).
She loves silence, that’s why she works at the library. In fact, she knows a special three-point hold that can make a person stop talking for 24 hours. Each night, she will apply her “silence squeeze” to some unsuspecting fool. Her target will be unable to speak, except to vote, all day the next day. Only the target will know he’s been silenced, no one else will have a clue.

And then, there’s
John (played by Debonair Danny DiPietro).
He’s in advertising, and can be very persuasive. He can charm a person right out of their vote. Every night, he visits someone and convinces them to grant him proxy during the next day. The person he targets cannot vote the next day, and John himself can vote twice. He can vote for the same person twice or for two different people once each. The voteless person can still discuss the issues.

One of these citizens is the lunatic killer. Three of them form a gang of thugs. The rest are innocent. Who is who? And who, if anyone, will survive?
Last edited by Prof. Guppy on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:41 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

GAME RULES
(proudly stolen from Tenchi)

ETHICS

0. You will always be under the forum rules and guidelines. Please read them here.
1. I am the Mod. I will be as reasonable as I can, and feel free to question me on what I do. But I will always have the final say.
2. If you have a problem or a question, send me PM me or use bold text in this format:
Mod: Message

3. No editing or deleting your posts for ANY reason. Use another post to rewrite what you wanted to say.
4. Roles trump rules. If there is a conflict between the rules and the role, the role wins.
5. Do not communicate with anyone outside of this thread regarding in-game information.
6. No posting of game related screenshots.
7. When you're dead, you may PM me a (long) bah post and I will post it for you. I reserve the right to cut any game related information.
8. All in game mod notes will be in
Green
. Please do not use it.

BASE GAMEPLAY

1. All votes should be bolded and use this format:
Vote: Name
. If you are going to chance your vote, please
Unvote
first.
Oh, and make sure the name you use is the name of the character the user is playing, not their user name.
Vote: Sven the Researcher
is acceptable,
Vote: Prof. Guppy
is not. You've been warned.

2. If a majority is reached, then the person with the most votes will be lynched.
3. If a majority is not reached by the specified deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched.
4. Players may opt to not take action or to Vote: No Lynch. If a majority votes "No lynch", the day will end and the next night will begin.
5. Vote counts will be posted at the top of every page. Depending on activity, this deadline may be extended (see below).

SPECIAL GAMEPLAY
1. Every player has a nighttime power, which is public knowledge, based on your character.
2. Three characters have been randomly selected to be Gangsters (mafia). Every night, one gangster must forgo their usual night action to carry out the kill.
3. One character is the mysterious Killer. He or she is able to kill AND preform his/her usual night choice. The Killer's NK is invisible to investigators, but it can be blocked and/or healed.
4. Roleplay is encouraged. Try to describe your actions in terms of your character's life, not you typing at your computer.

DEADLINES AND PRODS

1. Three weeks from when a day officially begins is the minimum deadline for each day.
2. If there is sufficient activity and requests for replacements, I will extend this deadline one week.
3. I will extend the deadline two days for every replacement.
4. Night deadlines are 72 hours from the posting of the death scene.
5. A prod will go out if the player is inactive for 72 hours or more without notifying the mod of V/LA or other issues.
6. A player will automatically be replaced if he/she has not responded to the prod and has been absent for more than five days.
7. I will prod on request.

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL

This is a game, so have fun, and don't make it not fun for anyone else.
Last edited by Prof. Guppy on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

In just a moment, I will be assigning your roles. When you get your role, please confirm by introducing yourself as your character in the thread. The game will start shortly thereafter.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

EDIT:
Shinnen_no_Me has his role. I'll give him 72 hours to get his butt to the game thread, starting now.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Mixologist wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:EDIT:
Shinnen_no_Me has his role. I'll give him 72 hours to get his butt to the game thread, starting now.
Welp, that obviously didn't work.
QFT. Seeking Replacement...now.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:56 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

All votes made thus far are to be disregarded. We are starting with night, capice?

Besides, I think we have a replacement here in the game thread.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Grimmy replaces Shinnen in the role of Bruce the Martial Artist.

We are currently in Night 0.

Official Deadline for Night 0 choices is Thursday, April 30, 2400 hours GMT.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #8) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:49 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Immediately after Merideth and Mike were killed, the Mayor of Atomic Falls put in a call to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, for backup. Sadly, it was a full 16 hours before they were able to respond. In that time, the body count increased. When at last the Mounties did arrive, they gathers the remaining citizens in the high school gymnasium for discussion.

"Okay, people of Atomic Falls, I am Sergeant Blaze of the Mounties, eh, and I've been sent her to find a murderer, or possibly two or three. The mayor didn't exactly say. Anyway, murder is not something we tolerate here in Canada, and that's saying something, eh? So were going to find whoever did this and get rid of 'em proper. Beauty, eh?

"Now, I've been told that there's been some more killings in between you guys calling us and us actually gettin' here. We have already recovered the body of Jennifer, the Herbalist, eh, she's been poisoned, and a note was found with her.
The killer wrote:Wow. One person in town who can save you from me, and nobody thought to protect her, eh? You people really are rotten to the core.
"Also, in an ironically related story, Amy the Nurse has been found in her home, shot mutliple times. We also found Kevin the Home Invader there, eh, he was hiding in her house, and I guess the bad guys decided to shoot him up too.

"So, we know that the killers are in this room. So, let's have it out. Who's the killer, eh?"

Day 1 begins now. Jennifer, Amy, and Kevin are all dead. They were all three town. With 9 alive, it take 5 to lynch, eh, so have at it.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #9) » Thu May 07, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

malthusis wrote:
Actually, question. If I silence John, and he coerces my vote, will I have no vote the following day?
Yes. Remember,
Misty, the librarian (played by armlx). She loves silence, that’s why she works at the library. In fact, she knows a special three-point hold that can make a person stop talking for 24 hours. Each night, she will apply her “silence squeeze” to some unsuspecting fool. Her target will be unable to speak,
except to vote,
all day the next day. Only the target will know he’s been silenced, no one else will have a clue.
This.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #10) » Wed May 20, 2009 2:01 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Final vote count:

Tina has 5 votes (Richard, Misty, Tom, Bruce, John)

John has 1 vote (Charles)
3 are not voting (Tina, Mary Rose, Vicki)

"Well," Richard started, "I wanted to see If Bruce would save someone with his martial arts, eh, so I followed him to his house. But then, this slutbag got me all distracted and stuff, so I couldn't tell."

"That's weird," Charles added. "Why on earth would you do that to him, eh?"

"'Coz I thought he might be a gangster, eh, so I wanted to stop him from killing people and stuff," Tina answered.

"Really?" said Misty. "Sound to me like you was covering your buddy's arse while he offed Amy, eh?"

"Hey, that was un-called-for, you knob! Take off!"

"Now, now, let's not get angry," said the Mountie. "We're Canadians, we're better than that. Anyway, we can settle this once and for all. You guys hold her here, while I search her house."

"No!" Tina protested. "You can't do that, eh, I have my fourth amendment rights, and all, don't I?"

"Wrong country, you hoser," said Bruce.

"You're the hoser," she spat back.

10 minutes later, the Mountie returned.

"Okay, eh, I searched her house all over, and I found a lot of really nifty stuff. I found these photographs of Merideth and Jennifer, with red X's painted on, eh, like she was keeping track or something. I found the poison too, here it is, see?"

"Oh, wow, she's the killer!" John said.

"Yeah, okay, I confess, I am the killer. What are you going to do now, eh, kill me? You'll just be proving my point, eh, you're all vile criminals and stuff!"

"Yeah, we get it. So we're not going to kill you. We're going to send you to..." The Mountie whispered in her ear.

"No, not there, please! Let me stay! I promise never to kill again!"

"Yeah, I'd love to let you stay, eh, but we can't take that risk."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

And without another word, Tina was put on the first flight to America.

The short version:
Tina
was perceived to be the scummiest player, so she was
lynched.
She was the
Killer.
It is now
Night 1
, you have 72 hours from now to submit your night choices.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #11) » Fri May 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

The next day, the seven survivors gathered in town square once again.

"What's this all about, eh?" asked Mary Rose. "We thought we were safe from the killer, or at least, Rose thought so."

"Well," said Sgt. Blaze, "we've had another murder. As you can see, Vicki is no longer with us. She was shot, sometime between 2330 and 2400 hours last night. We searched the placed for evidence, and we found DNA traces of two individuals. I won't say who, at this point, eh, but I have my suspicions.

"Now, out with it. Who's got an alibi for last night, eh? Eh?"

Vicki, the model
is now dead. She was
Town.
Day 2 begins. Seven alive, eh, four to lynch.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

"Okay, eh," Seargent Blaze said, "alibis, now!"

"I saw John steal Bruce's vote last night. Richard didn't stalk Bruce, so he deviated from the plan," Tom said.

"I didn't steal Bruce's vote, I tried to steal Vicki's!" John countered.

"Yeah, and I DID stalk Bruce last night," Richard added, "So you are a lying hoser!"

"No way, eh!" said Tom. "You two are the liars. You're part of that gang of founders, and stuff."

Charles tried to say something, but Misty's "silence squezze" hadn't worn off yet.

"We are more willing to believe that you are the shooter," said Mary Rose.

"Okay, calm down everyone," Sgt. Blaze said. "There's an easy way to sort this out. We'll just search Tom's house."

"NO!" Tom said. "You can't do that!"

"Why not?" asked Misty.

"I'll tell you why not..." And Tom whipped out his gun. "Yeah, you got me. I'm a gangster. I'm the one who killed Vicki. But you aren't deporting me to the USA. No way!"

Tom turned the gun on himself, and pulled the trigger. Blood spattered all over Charles's clothes.

"Oh, geez," he blurted out. "Hey, I can talk again!"

So,
Tom the Peeper
was discovered as a
gangster
, and before he could be deported, he killed himself. It is now
Night 2
. You have 72 hours from now to send me your choice.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:31 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

The next day, the town gathered at City Hall, though you could hardly call it a town anymore, on five citizens were left. Sgt. Blaze was still there.

"Okay, we've had another killing, eh, and this is getting really annoying. Our dear
Misty the Librarian has been shot.
We cannot find her body at this time, but we know she was killed by the gangsters.

"So, come on, out with it. Where was everyone last night?"

Day 3 starts now. 5 alive, three to lynch.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:10 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

"Bruce killed Misty!" Richard shouted. "I saw it with my own eyes!"

"You so did not, you slimeball!" Bruce countered. "I went to John's place to protect him, eh, we need our double-voter."

"Funny how you call him a double-voter, eh," said Mary Rose, "he hasn't double voted once."

"Whatever, eh, Richard is still a lying hoser."

"No, Bruce is! Take off!"

"Well," said Sgt. Blaze, "one or the other is a liar, eh, so who do you guys think it is?"

"I think it's Richard," said John.

"Yeah, me too," said Charles.

"Okay, be right back. I'm gonna go check out his place."

Twenty minutes later...

"Okay, eh, alls I could find was this stack of
Atomic Falls Weekly
. I guess he's not a gangster after all."

"See, I told you so."

"But, we can't let you stay here, Richard. You're no longer a suspect, and I can't have it on my conscience that I left an innocent man in a killer's den. So, I have to take you to a safe house in southern Manitoba."

"Okay."

"The rest of you, try not to kill each other while we're gone, okay?"

He didn't realize the idiocy of that statement until he was long gone.

Richard was
Town
. It is now
Night 3
. You have 72 hours.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:23 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

That night, while Sgt. Blaze was still away, Charles crept up behind Mary Rose and grabbed her.

"Oh, geez, you frightened me, Charlie," she said. "Why do you have to do that? I already know you're going to kidnap me, so what's with the sneakin' around?"

"Sorry. Force of habit, eh. Let's go."

Back in Charles's basement, Mary Rose was having a conflict with herself.

"I told you he was a gangster," Mary told Rose. "We should have spoken up. We should have kept Richard here! You knew he was innocent, eh, why didn't you say something?"

"I don't know what to think anymore," Rose answered. "Charles treats me right. I just can't make it compute that he's a criminal."

"Oh, my, GOD!" Mary shouted. "Are you in love with him?"

"No! Absoultely not! There's no way at all I could feel like that."

"Rose..."

"Okay, okay, maybe I do love him."

"No, you don't. That's the Stockholm Syndrome talking. Remember what happened to Mother, God rest her many souls?"

Rose was about to answer, when Charles opened the door.

"Okay, eh, it's over. We won."

"Oh, Charlie, thank God. I knew you were innocent..."

Charles pulled out his gun. "Not you and me, dollface. Bruce and I won. As we speak, Bruce is putting the kibosh on John, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. I have seen to that. Once he gets back, we three will be the only citizens left in Atomic Falls. And since we outnumber you, you have to do as we say, or you will end up sleeping with the fishes. Savvy?"

Mary Rose cracked her neck, as she always did when shifting personalities. Mary grabbed her machete, and quickly disarmed Charles, in more than one way.

"What's to stop me from cutting you to ribbions, kidnapper?"

"ME! HIYA!"

Bruce jumped out of the shadows and kicked Mary square in the chest. He caught her blade as it went flying.

Rose spoke up. "Please, don't kill me! I'll do whatever you want. I'll become one of you, if I have to. But please don't kill me!"

"We're not going to kill you," Charles said ominously. "You're way to pretty for that..."

GAME OVER. GANGSTERS WIN.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:53 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I'm glad you like my modding style. I may do a sequel to this. Call it "Return to Smalltown Y," or something.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Last post.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”