The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:08 am

Post by The Corporation »

Jeez after scanning the names I was going to Vote: hewitt - based on my dislike of the Australian tennis player of the same surname, but he already had two on him. Let's run with
vote:Zer0ph34r
. Numbers and letters should always be segregated IMO.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #2) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:23 pm

I'm here ODD, watching and waiting will make a substantial post in the next day or two.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #3) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:18 am

What kind of mafia to town numbers are we looking at here. Three mafioso would make sense wouldn't it? If someone can confirm this I have a vote to dispense.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #4) » Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm

This post raised my suspicions.
Cephrir wrote:I agree with Odd. AT was starting to look like an easy D1 lynch target IMO and I think Pitstop was trying to push the potential wagon there. Good catch. This could be you chainsaw defending AT but there was that little jab thrown in at him at the end. And I don't think AT is scum anyway. Definitely the most solid thing I've seen.

Unvote
Vote: Pitstop
For starters AT wasn't looking anything like a D1 lynch target IMO. Such an easy target that he had no votes sitting on him... right.
Cephrir wrote:
MadCrawdad wrote:@Cephrir

What made you think that AT was starting to look like an easy D1 lynch target?
Well, it's pretty common that the guy who starts talking a lot and who several people are loudly disagreeing with ends up being the D1 lynch. And as the only one who had said anything really controversial, he was pretty much the only one anyone could consider building a case on. If he continued like that and nothing else significant came up he probably would have been lynched today IMO.
With 2.5 weeks of RL time left until a lynch it is 100% inevitable (and your responsibility as a townsperson) to make sure something more significant than that to come out - and what do you know it has... you.

I think your vote for Pitstop is more about you trying to push a wagon rather than preventing AT from being an easy lynch target - the time to take that stand is around L-2 rather than L-7.

You did the maths and thought: dejkha + ODDin + yourself + sumbuddy 1 + scumbuddy 2 + 2 more townies = lynch. Those two townies you had yourself down for were probably MadCrawdad who has shown a bit of interest in Pitstop already and potentially AndyTony. I do realise the flaws with my maths is that some of those people could be the same (ODDin = scumbuddy wouldn't surprise me at all) - but roping in another townie whose main concern was not getting lynched themselves wouldn't be too hard IMO.

You have well and truly taken over the wagon though trying to poo poo the notion that this is a bandwagon at all:
Cephrir wrote:
Pitstop wrote:I truly don't feel you agree with ODD, but are simply looking for an excuse to hop on the bandwagon and possibly get me lynched. My vote on AT was said to be an 'easy lynch', but this seems like much more of an easy lynch to me.
And this is based on what? Also, you'd probably say this about any case on you.
Finally the only reason for statements like this so far out from the deadline seems all about conditioning the town resign itself to making a subpar vote on Day 1.
Cephrir wrote:D1 lynches are often subpar and there comes a point after which people tend to accept anything remotely reasonable.
A good town will be able to make a catch on Day 1, no doubts about it and I think we have...
unvote, vote: Cephrir.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #5) » Tue May 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Kdub wrote:
The Corporation wrote:What kind of mafia to town numbers are we looking at here. Three mafioso would make sense wouldn't it? If someone can confirm this I have a vote to dispense.

Did you really not know this was an open setup? I tend to be suspicious of people who make "newbie" mistakes like this because it seems like an attempt to appear innnocent and naive.
It was a poorly thought out attempt to try and see if I could get an enthusiastic "Yes, there are three mafia." response from someone who I would assume were buttering me up to jump on their Pitstop push.

It didn't go like that, it made me look like an amateur - which I am trying different tacts and tricks all the time.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #6) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Dude, quickly following up ODDin with:
Cephrir wrote:I agree with Odd. AT was starting to look like an easy D1 lynch target IMO and I think Pitstop was trying to push the potential wagon there. Good catch. This could be you chainsaw defending AT but there was that little jab thrown in at him at the end. And I don't think AT is scum anyway. Definitely the most solid thing I've seen.

Unvote
is twenty times closer to "pushing a potential wagon" than anything Pitstop did. The difference between not even voting for someone and being the third man in for example. If you are going to ping Pitstop for "pushing a potential wagon" you should have no problems with me doing the same to you.

Also the tone of your response is one more of discrediting me to the town rather than defending yourself against very valid questioning. Painting me as someone as a newbie with tunnel vision works two ways with you as me probing you further will strengthen your claim and it also gives you another half-target to pull out of the draw should you want one.

And yes I have played scum before and don't really go around pushing wagons I can't get over the line. If you go around doing that too much you tend to out yourself very quickly.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #7) » Wed May 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Cephrir wrote:
The Corporation wrote:Dude, quickly following up ODDin with:

Unvote
is twenty times closer to "pushing a potential wagon" than anything Pitstop did. The difference between not even voting for someone and being the third man in for example. If you are going to ping Pitstop for "pushing a potential wagon" you should have no problems with me doing the same to you.
Voting is visible. Pushing a wagon and being on it are not the same thing, Pitstop was supporting the wagon idea without actually putting anything concrete on it that could be traced back to him. Last sentence makes zero sense. Also, why the hell is everyone all over me about this vote and not ODDin?
Posting is visable too, people read they even *gasp* reread. This would have been picked up no doubt and easily traced back to him - it was hardly made in invisible ink. ODDin had already underlined it with his post, it hardly needed yo jumping on board if it was just a case of making sure it went by unnoticed.

I'm all over you because I'm more interested in you quickly following up ODDin with a pat on the back ("Nice catch!") when it really wasn't much of anything.
The Corporation wrote:Also the tone of your response is one more of discrediting me to the town rather than defending yourself against very valid questioning.
Very valid questioning? You didn't even ask me any questions! That was an outright attack, how do you expect me to respond? Would you prefer I not try to disprove your attack? Oh right you would, because you want to lynch me.[/quote]

I would prefer you try to disporve my attack or at least offer up a few reasons as to why you wouldn't be scum or try a few things to find some.

And you are right I am trying to lynch you because I believe you to be scum - very perceptive.
The Corporation wrote:Painting me as someone as a newbie with tunnel vision works two ways with you as me probing you further will strengthen your claim and it also gives you another half-target to pull out of the draw should you want one.
I am not painting anything. You
are
a newbie with tunnelvision. And yet again with the Cephrir-is-scum-so-here's-why crap.[/quote]

You are the one pushing that narrative. I'm looking for evidence to prove/disprove a suspicion. At the moment you are struggling to pull out anything that would go into the disprove pile.
The Corporation wrote:And yes I have played scum before and don't really go around pushing wagons I can't get over the line. If you go around doing that too much you tend to out yourself very quickly.
Cephrir wrote:If I'm scum there, I am definitely not thinking what you say I must be. Remotely decent scum are thinking about far more than who they can get lynched, it's not even a priority. If you've played scum you've been doing a godawful job of it.
Let's leave the analysis of each others scum playing abilities until the end of the game aye? If it does turn out you are scum it speaks a lot to your abilities that you were so comprehensively outed in a "newbie's" mind by page 10.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #8) » Thu May 21, 2009 2:37 pm

Kdub wrote:
The Corporation wrote:Let's leave the analysis of each others scum playing abilities until the end of the game aye? If it does turn out you are scum it speaks a lot to your abilities that you were so comprehensively outed in a "newbie's" mind by page 10.
You seem pretty sure of yourself here. I think your case against Cephir is logical and is one of the best leads we have at the moment, but it's far from a sure bet. I'm not getting a good vibe from your level of confidence, but perhaps that will change as the discussion moves further along.

Also, where has Pitstop been? He was at the root of Cephir's argument, now it seems like he is sitting back and watching the fireworks after Corp started going after Cephir.
That comment largely came as a reply to his attacks on my ability to play scum in the past. I'm confident enough about him. By no means am I totally closed off to the possibility of going after someone else - after all even if he is there are two others.

I would also add where has ODDin and Cephir's investigation of Pitstop gone?
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #9) » Fri May 22, 2009 4:38 am

AndyTony wrote:If it were a role, that would constitute a big deal, so I definitely want to know.

Ceph, what's the big idea/secret?
The bigger deal is why did he feel the need to pop the "reminder" into the public thread. There are simpler solutions to reminding yourself. IMO it's just to push a vague 'I know something you don't know, so don't lynch me'. In fact the actual quote states he
will
be alive in a few days anyway. A tad assumptive.

Seriously who has to remind themselves to at the start of the game roleclaim? Maybe we should remind him on the eve of every night to perform his action just incase he forgets.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #10) » Fri May 22, 2009 4:39 am

Cephrir wrote:It's the same thing. When I talk about it, you'll see why I didn't want to, I promise. I'd like to give a hint or something but then it would probably be obvious. If everyone really insists I'll do it now. It's not as big of a deal as it appears to be, but I'd still rather save it.
Throw me on the
insist
list.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #11) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:40 pm

ODDin wrote: Corp:
That being said, point 4 above is still correct. A lot of your logic is based on "I think Ceph is scum, now why would a scum do this and that". Especially the "math" argument is disturbing. This is way too much maybes and ifs that don't really go anywhere. Attempting to do such calculations on D1 is fruitless, and only thing it can lead to is you being stuck in the mind frame that your calculations MUST be correct, and then being unable to view things in a different light.
You've been also been saying things like "I'm trying to lynch you because you're scum", which suggest of the aforementioned counterproductive reasoning.
The calculation comment was a long hand way of saying, Ceph had spotted a target which could potentially get enough votes. The breakdown of the votes was to explain why Pitstop would be a lucrative target if Ceph were mafia. As you seem to concur he just pushed a little to early and with a little too much glee and gave it away.

By no means do I think my "calculations" are correct, they are ruberry at best, but I think they still do prove the point that Pitstop probably was the most convinient lynch - despite showing no real mafia signs to speak of.

I haven't said anything like "I'm trying to lynch you because you're scum". I said something like "If you turn up scum that would be relatively emabrressing for you" largely because he was mocking my playing style. Which is another point - the whole tenor of his replies is 100% assured I am a newbie town, no mention of the possibility I am mafia with a well directed (and increasingly successful it seems) attack. Post 220 is a good example of this, there are several others too.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #12) » Mon May 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Zer0ph34r wrote:The Corporation- Not necessarily scum, but I am suspicious of him, since he has kept his vote for me since the very beginning for the lame reason that he doesn't like that my name has letters and numbers in it. Thus, making me believe that it's just an easy way for him to vote for me without anyone noticing.
I can assure you up until this post the cohabitation of letters and numbers was the only reason for my vote being on you. Rest assured if you went to lynchville (or even got close) the non-elaboration of my random vote would be very much a point of contention. Everyone would notice.

Post 280 was all bone and no meat so I'm happy leaving my vote on you for a little bit. You are by no means my number one lynch target yet.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #13) » Wed May 27, 2009 1:54 am

Zer0ph34r is either playing an absolutely masterful scum game or is the most clueless townie of all time. Surely scum would never say something like that... or are we supposed to think that.

Brain explosion.
The Corporation
The Corporation
Goon
The Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:18 pm

A-rereading. Pretty happy with my vote where it is though.

Return to “Completed Open Games”