he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by imaginality »

Pretty sure she doesn't because:
post 1 wrote: SPECIAL GAMEPLAY
1. Every player has a nighttime power, which is public knowledge, based on your character.
2. Three characters have been randomly selected to be Gangsters (mafia). Every night, one gangster must forgo their usual night action to carry out the kill.
Based on this it sounds like Vicki's self-watching is her nighttime power which she'd have to forgo to make the kill (if she's mafia).

Unchanged vote count:

Tina has 3 votes
(Richard, John, Misty)
Richard has 1 vote (Tina)
5 are not voting (Bruce, Charles, Mary Rose, Tom, Vicki)
9 alive, eh, 5 to lynch.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by imaginality »

Hypatia post 123 wrote:About Charles' plan: do we know the order of night actions?
We don't. I mean, I would think roleblocking/jailing > killing because well, otherwise it's not blocking/jailing. But I'm not sure why else it would matter?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by armlx »

Also, something to keep in mind for whomever it may be:

The Serial Killer WANTS to hit mafia tonight. If we mislynch, and the SK and mafia kill townies, the SK loses. If we lynch right, even then they are still a dog in the 3-2-1 end game.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by malthusis »

Also, something to keep in mind for whomever it may be:

The Serial Killer WANTS to hit mafia tonight. If we mislynch, and the SK and mafia kill townies, the SK loses. If we lynch right, even then they are still a dog in the 3-2-1 end game.
Side note: I really wonder why Prof. Guppy didn't make this a day start...... :|
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I like imaginality's plan, but we should also setup the claim order for tomorrow based off it so there's absolutely no confusion tomorrow that ruins the whole thing.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by imaginality »

Suggested claim order:

Tom (confirms he saw Richard target Bruce)
Bruce (says who he protected)
Richard (confirms he saw Bruce visit who Bruce said he did)

Vicki (says if she saw John target her)
Tom (says if he saw John target him)
John (confirms if he targeted Vicki or Bruce)

Misty's action is confirmed if I'm silenced.
My jailing of Mary Rose is 50% confirmed if I'm alive.
Mary Rose being jailed (and therefore cleared of making any kills) is also 50% confirmed if I'm alive.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Sorry about the temporary absence, I'm moderately V/LA until the 15th (my school likes to have its finals a week later than usual).

Two questions I want to have resolved now:

Mod: In more traditional Mafia terminology, would Bruce be better described as a Weak Doctor (doctor who dies if he targets a member of an anti-town faction) or a Bodyguard/Martyr (dies in place of his target)? Also, what happens if Bruce is Mafia/Gangster and targets a fellow Mafioso?

Bruce is a Weak Doctor. If Bruce is scum, and he targets a scumbuddy, he is safe.

This is important; if Bruce is weak doctor (leaning towards this based on PM wording, but it's somewhat ambiguous), imaginality is largely confirmed town (can only be scum if Grimmy is scum, either of the lying or of the protected a buddy variety).

Mod: If Vicki (myself) is targeted by a roleblocker, is Vicki notified of this?
Yes.

I'd like to know this before I finalize my thoughts on how to best plan actions here.

Ways we can lose at the beginning of Day 2:

1) Mafia and SK each kill a different non-Mafia player (depending on the Mafia win condition, this may or may not require that one of the killed players be the SK).
2) John is Mafia and steals a non-Mafioso's vote, at least one player dies (either by lynch or by kill) before the beginning of tomorrow, and no kills/lynches hit Mafia before the beginning of tomorrow. (In this scenario, if only one kill goes through and it hits town, tomorrow ends in a forced no-lynch at best - in this case, SK likely targets John N3 and, by my initial analysis, the end state is contingent on whether the SK succeeds in this kill).

I considered No Lynch briefly, as it removes the possibility of scenario 1 provided that Mary/Rose nokills or her kill is stopped, but that still leaves us in a bad position.

I want to go over some scenarios to be sure, but I'm thinking we need to lynch Danny/John, because his role poses an immediate threat to the town. I also think we want to set up THREE possible sets of night actions - one for if our lynchee is town, one for if our lynchee is Mafia, one for if our lynchee is the SK.

Grimmy/Bruce needs careful handling if he's a weak doctor (want/need mod confirmation there) - three kills today/tonight is fatal to us, so if he's weak doctor we need to make sure he's protecting a townie. I'm leaning towards having Grimmy target either Tom or imaginality (depending on the outcome of the lynch) and having Tom watch Grimmy...

I seriously need to think this over. There's a part of me that's outright reminded of Quack Mafia, where I'm pretty sure the optimal play is to play as Mountainous...
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by armlx »

I seriously need to think this over. There's a part of me that's outright reminded of Quack Mafia, where I'm pretty sure the optimal play is to play as Mountainous...
That's usually the wrong play in Smalltown. All the ones I've played in, I've seen action planning break things pretty wide open for the town.
Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by Hypatia »

imaginality wrote:
Hypatia post 123 wrote:About Charles' plan: do we know the order of night actions?
We don't. I mean, I would think roleblocking/jailing > killing because well, otherwise it's not blocking/jailing. But I'm not sure why else it would matter?
Well I would hope that your action comes after my action, so that I wouldn't kill you before you could protect me...
Mini 779 - Killer in Smalltown Y - Mary Rose the Split Personality
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by imaginality »

Oh. Yep, I think there's zero percent chance of you being able to kill me if I jail you (assuming I am not roleblocked myself). So even if you go nutzo on us, you won't kill me or be at risk of others killing you, you'll be protected safe and sound in my nice cosy little
dungeon
hideaway. :)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by armlx »

The odds of you being RB'ed is 0, as the RB is the only confirmed town I think.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:51 pm

armlx wrote:The odds of you being RB'ed is 0, as the RB is the only confirmed town I think.
No, the RB has several votes on them and is far from confirmed town; the Jailkeeper is "confirmed town" if we believe Bruce to be pro-town as he didn't die last night.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by armlx »

No, the RB has several votes on them and is far from confirmed town; the Jailkeeper is "confirmed town" if we believe Bruce to be pro-town as he didn't die last night.
Ah, there we go, never mind. Confusing roles.
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Charles and Vicki's plans both have merit but Vicki's point about 3 sets of night actions (depending on lynchees alignment) is a good point. So we need 6 scenarios I think: 3 each for Tina and John. This is going to take a bit of thinking.

*Boils coffee*
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 9:13 am

Tar/Vicki raises a decent point to a degree. If I'm mafia (I'm not, but there's no way to confirm that today that I can think of) I present a huge threat to the town if my night action goes through. Lynching me on the other hand would basically require the SK to kill scum and/or letting Mary Rose loose and hoping she NKs scum or we lose. Thus I'm beginning to think a no lynch is actually better play and I should be blocked or jailkept in the night while still targeting someone to confirm that the person responsible for blocking me actually does so. I'll try and think of a setup to achieve that, but someone else (or multiple someone elses) should be thinking about it.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Grimmy »

Sorry for the absence.
I had a very rough stretch at work.

Ill be abel to chime in more after the weekend.

Grimmy.
not giving up on this game. Just really really busy in RL.

Note: I can chime in on monday because i would normally have two weeks to make four reports, but I will chime in more as friday rolls around as I have to get them in by thursday due to my editor leaving on vacation.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Post by imaginality »

I've thought some more about it, and here's one plan that comes to mind if we decide to no-lynch today:

Richard stalks Bruce.
Bruce protects someone.

Tom watches John.

Mary Rose targets John.

I target John and vice versa.

Tina targets Misty or Vicki.

Misty targets John.

Vicki self-watches.

Claim order:

1. Vicki says whether she was roleblocked.
2. Tina says whether she roleblocked Vicki or Misty.

3. Tom says whether he saw Mary Rose, Misty and me target John.

4. Richard says who he saw Bruce target.
5. Bruce confirms who he targeted.

I think this covers everyone's actions... Vicki has a 50% chance of guessing if she was roleblocked, but that deters the mafia from choosing her to make the kill in any case. Similarly if Misty is mafia there is a 50% chance of her being blocked.

This plan still allows Bruce to choose his target to protect, as well John being protected by my kidnapping him, and has the advantage that two people will be roleblocked (John, and Misty or Vicky).

I think this makes it pretty hard for the mafia to get away with making a kill unless they work together in combination - which means if we catch one of them we probably catch two.

Can't do a lot about the SK, but at least the two protects and two roleblocks have some chance of stopping them.

Thoughts?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Post by Y »

I see one problem. Bruce's protection also role-blocks, so we might have a player not doing what he's supposed to do during the night, changing some of the wished results. If Bruce is mafia, he'll "protect" some one who might discover a team-member.

All in all it seems good.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 11:34 am

Post by imaginality »

Think you're thinking of my protection (the kidnapping). Bruce the martial artist only protects, doesn't roleblock, unless I'm missing something?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Y »

imaginality wrote:Think you're thinking of my protection (the kidnapping). Bruce the martial artist only protects, doesn't roleblock, unless I'm missing something?
Mixed you two up. Sorry 'bout that. It's all good then.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by armlx »

FOS DDP
for wanting to No Lynch.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by malthusis »

FOS DDP for wanting to No Lynch.
QFT

Definitely a
FOS DDP
. Why would you want to give anti-town factions 2 free kills? (Even more so, we have an actual suspect to lynch as well).
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 5:19 pm

malthusis wrote:
FOS DDP for wanting to No Lynch.
QFT

Definitely a
FOS DDP
. Why would you want to give anti-town factions 2 free kills? (Even more so, we have an actual suspect to lynch as well).
Because we could very well be in MYLO already depending on how night actions resolve and I've become less confident that Tina is sure thing lynch. (And while we're on that topic,
unvote
for now). Unfortunately, I think we need both of the blocking roles (Tina and Charles) alive heading into night to block the powers of Mary Rose and myself because those are the powers with the possibility to swing the game to scum no matter how right the town is.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by armlx »

We need to lynch at every chance we get in this set up. There is no room for free rolls.
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

I'm also reluctant to NL.

@John - what's this about blocking Mary Rose?
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”