Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

o hai

Just like to say, I'm not inactive and I was actually lurking in the true sense of the word. I've been watching the game, but not participating because I haven't really seen anything scummy yet, and I dislike the random vote stage immensely. I am an active sort of player (at least I will be once my exams are over :( ) and so please don't prod me!

Now we are starting to get out of random votes and into discussion, my activity will rise.

Until then, why don't we try question time!

what are everyone's favourite alignments? I should think I would prefer a mafia role, as it would be fun to manipulate the unknowing townies.

Did anyone else get excited at being told that they were a policeman as their role before finding out that its actually a vanilla town role? :(

and finally, has anyone played in a game with more than one mafia group, and if so are there any different scum tells?
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Zachrulez wrote:This is active lurking. Inactivity based lurking is one thing, active lurking is another.
er yeah I know, I pretty much said so.

Think about it. i'm watching the game, not finding anything interesting to say, or to ocmment on. I see people wanting a prod, so I post before I get it. Sure it's being "called out" on it, but no more so than an actual prod.

Okay sorry to ask questions, it's usually how I gauge reactions and feelings but whatevs.

VP you said earlier today that the random stage was still happening!

Also your wish to start bandwagons sort of loses its edge when you are telling people to do it, being quite clear that it is not an intentional wagon. Surely the whole scary, scumtell inducing potency of a wagon is in the possibility that it could end up in the victim's lynch. I don't think its a particularly scummy sentiment, but I would say it would probably be more efficient to ask questions and put a verbal heat on someone than fashion a wagon which the person it's aimed at knows that half the people will unvote at a drop of a hat anyway!

So my opinion on Zazier and her imaginary goddess friend's wagon is that it aint serious. Right now the most suspicious behaviour is KMD saying that he was "happy" with the Zazier wagon, when VP wanted a serious one. Wanting a wagon for the sake of it is scummy anyway, but to express happiness with a pseudo-potent yet jokey wagon is suspicious.

Apart from that, not much to go on. I'd FOS KMD, but I'm not even 40% sure about him.

that is my two pennies. Take them, find that you can't by anything with them in the current global economic climate and then throw them back at me. :/
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

err if you actually read my post its clear I don't make a FOS. I said I would if I was more certain. People asked for my opinions, I gave them. Simple enough.

I say that KMD's is the most suspicious behaviour so far, which in my mind it is, though I do qualify the statement by saying that there isn't much to go on, hence watering down the strength of that earlier statement. My post was always on the basis of a "what little I could glean" type of post.

I said that I was less than 40% sure on KMD. Now I don't know about you, but that all holds up one side of an argument to me. Read better next time.

As soon as I post people start suspecting me. As i'm town I naturally start suspecting the people who accuse me, but I suppose Kise you made a rather pathetic attempt to make me look contradictory, so I should characterise you as scummy, pal.

And thankyou for the penny, it tastes nice.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:59 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

This is an interesting back and forth. I agree with VP that it is getting a bit too muddled, but right now I tend to be thinking that Kise is scummy. There was the contradiction over his post on lazarus, but also his earlier practise of throwing his vote and FOS around like crazy, usually picking up on small things, then dropping them as soon as he realises that other people weren't buying them, or following other people's accusations. I get the feeling that he is quick for a lynch and scum. Either that or he is a very over eager and paranoid townie. I'm going for the first option
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:43 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

This post smells like bullshit.
Translation: "Blah, blah, blah, I'm so scummy, lynch me now".

Really? Not even 40% on KMD? Sheez, I thought for sure you were a good 43% on him! Policy lynch for the text-speak is also a possibility.
Wow, I really love how you back up your excellent and well thought out points with a wealth of evidence and reasoning.

Also I fail to see any text speak, apart from "whatevs". And if that one word amongst the entirity of my post is what constitutes that, I doubt it's worth a policy vote.

yeah, well done, you correctly understood that my post was saying "I'm so scummy, lynch me now" yeah that was the ENTIRE point of that post. How insightful of you.

unvote
vote AshMC1984
for voting me for pretty much no reasoning. Unless you count the 40% thing as a reason, but I gathered that he was just being ad hom over something I wrote seriously. The text speak thing also seems petty. I could understand a policy vote if I was lying, or directly insulting you, but not for how I write! I actually took that attack worse than the one insinuating I was making stuff up!
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:34 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

ash wrote:I was more referring to the "O hai", however I was just having a little fun with the text speak comment, but whatevs.
I have to admit, I laughed when I read this, I got seriously burned. Nice comeback. (not sarcastic!)
Ash wrote:Since you seem to need my post fleshed out:
The first post - a cop-out - like it or not the RVS is there. Next time if you don't like it, pop in and post something to kick it into the real game proper. Not seeing anything scummy to comment on doesn't fly. It's called scumhunting.
Your first question is fluff - saying you hoped for a scum role is worse and is a slight scum-tell.
Your wording of your second question allows you to imply that you 'claim' vanilla (the only pro-town roles in this game -
shock
).

The second question was light hearted. I wasn’t meaning to “claim” by it at all. Stop treating me like an idiot. I said that, and used vanilla, because of the difference from the vanilla role and the policeman which is what the vanillas are called. Do you really think I’m stupid enough to think to myself “wow I’ll claim by asking a question and nobody will notice and its an amazing claim because nobody will expect me to claim vanilla”

Ad for the random vote stage, yeah its there (
shock
, thanks for pointing it out) and so you say that to move it on I should post something. Seeing as the RVS is only usually moved out of when someone posts something scummy, you would assume that the best play in the RVS is to make a scummy post. Nice. Also I had a go at asking some questions to see if I could have a go at scumhunting, but everyone then made fun of them and all started voting for me. Whenever I post people suspect me, regardless of what I say. And people wonder why I don’t post that often.

As for hoping for a scum role being a scumtell, would “damn I was hoping for a town role but unfortunately im a member of x group” be less of one?

By the way thanks for the attack, it’s giving me something to post about! :D
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:07 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

cool, I see what you mean now, that's fair enough. Now you've explained your vote I have no reason to keep my vote on you.
Unvote.

Back to Kise then.
Vote Kise
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:54 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

dvdkid13 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Ad for the random vote stage, yeah its there (
shock
, thanks for pointing it out) and so you say that to move it on I should post something. Seeing as the RVS is only usually moved out of when someone posts something scummy, you would assume that the best play in the RVS is to make a scummy post. Nice. Also I had a go at asking some questions to see if I could have a go at scumhunting, but everyone then made fun of them and all started voting for me. Whenever I post people suspect me, regardless of what I say. And people wonder why I don’t post that often.
I take this as "I'd post more but I don't want to look scummy."
I agree with this logic
Then you take it wrong. You have to admit that whenever I do post, people attack it regardless. It’s in fact a case of “I’d post more but I’m tired of being falsely accused.”
Zachrulez wrote:
Darkstrike_11 wrote:;]As for hoping for a scum role being a scumtell, would “damn I was hoping for a town role but unfortunately im a member of x group” be less of one?
That whole statement is scummy.
Again, a statement with no backing up. I don’t mind it, but it means I can’t refute your claim. What do you find scummy about it? I can tell you that I meant it in a genuine attempt to respond to the attack made that hoping for a scum role is a scumtell. Please try and do more than just paint me as scum then leave.
VP Baltar wrote:ok, had time to properly read over the Ash/darkstrike exchange.

Conclusion:

Ash=awesome

Darkstrike wrote:I wasn’t meaning to “claim” by it at all.
You implied you were town. Fairly directly.

Posting more would actually make you seem a lot less scummy when you do post. I don't like how you keep trying to excuse your lurking.

I think right now I would be good with the following lynches: Kise/Darkstrike and to a much lesser extent Fernando (who I would rather is replaced).
Of course I implied town. That wasn’t what I was saying in that quote. I was saying it wasn’t a formal claim. That was the point I was trying to make.
Kise wrote:
Darkstrike_11 wrote:what are everyone's favourite alignments? I should think I would prefer a mafia role, as it would be fun to manipulate the unknowing townies.

Did
anyone else
get excited at being told that
they were a policeman
as their role before finding out that its actually a vanilla town role? :(
This is the biggest thing going against you, DS. How can you say it's not a claim when it's pretty clear that you wanted to give the impression you're a policeman?
You seem to be oddly confused. I wasn’t claiming to be a policeman. Nor was I giving the impression of being one. I was just being light hearted about the name of the townie role in this game. Wake up.
Kmd4390 wrote:

Darkstrike_11 wrote:
unvote
vote AshMC1984
OMGUS is scummy.
VP Baltar wrote: Kmd, Zazier- what are you thoughts?
Pretty obvious that the scum are Darkstrike, Kise, Zach, and dvd.
I admit fair and square, it was an OMGUS vote. I wanted Ash to explain his reasoning, so put a vote on. Then I withdrew it once he explained. And I don’t see OMGUS as being hugely scummy.

As for it being “obvious” I don’t understand why you all are so suspicious of me. I’m more active now, excpet now whenever I post people jump upon it. Maybe once you think of someone as scummy you see all their posts as scummy, I don’t know. In truth I’m finding this the most hostile and the least fun game of mafia I have played yet in my short MS career.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:39 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Lazarusmoth wrote:To sum up:
(1) DS_11 made a softclaim
(2) DS_11 made an excuse for active lurking
(3) DS_11 made OMGUS vote.
(4) Ash and VP expressed their scum tells about DS_11. Guess who died on N1.

vote: DS_11
1) It wasn't a soft claim. When I say that I said the whole policeman/townie thing was meant as light relief, believe me.
2) yup...just cos this game is boring/not fun for me, doesn't mean im mafia
3) How is OMGUS a scumtell? I really don't see it! I voted ash because he refused to give reasoning for voting me. He explained, then I took the vote off. I really think people are trying to see scummy things in my posts where there aren't.
4) This is a WIFOM attack. Perfect for you because I can't defend against it. I could always say that since I am the biggest suspect, it would make sense for the mafia groups to kill people who attacked me in the hope of getting me lynched (which, lets face it, is probably going to happen)

No doubt people will now scream "oh my gawd he used a wifom defence he must be scum now"...go on punk, make my day.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Zachrulez wrote:This game is moving at a crawl's pace.

Vote: Darkstrike

Reasons:

- Active lurking
- OMGUS attacks (Which we've now seen a pattern of in the way he responded to Lazarus.)
- Failure to scumhunt (See post 261 posted two days ago.)
- Every post he's made has been a response to attacks. Even his first post was a response and assertion that he was not lurking in the face of being accused as such. (A subpoint of failure to scumhunt)

I will be perfectly happy with Darkstrike being the lynch today if he continues failing to address these four points.
1) Active Lurking. uh huh. Don't care, this is how im playing it this game. Want to mislynch me for it? Go ahead.
2) OMGUS is not scummy. As I have said before, and as you have not heard, I voted Ash to get him to explain why he voted me.
3) Failure to scumhunt. I'll admit, my earlier tentative attempt at trying to get information fell on its face. It did not adhere me to scumhunting in this game. I have ideas of people who are scummy. I have reasons too. But if I told you, would you take them seriously? I severely doubt it. Once someone has the scum-tinted glasses on, nothing appears pro town.
4) Defences, yes. Its the only thing i feel I can post about. My first post was not an assertion that I'm not lurking, it was an assertion that I didn't need a prod. PLEASE READ MY POSTS. Scum-tinted specs suit you sir.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

I picked up the prod.

I'm finding it hard to want to play this game. I request a replacement.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

fine, I'll stay in to let you mislynch me, rather than let some unfortunate soul replace into my situation

Return to “Completed Open Games”