Newbie 807 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

I'm glad I woke up when I did! It would have sucked to get here late!

Anyway, onto the voting.

Random Vote: Kichirou

FoS: ChannelDelibird
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Kard8p3 wrote:I'm glad I woke up when I did! It would have sucked to get here late!

Anyway, onto the voting.

Random Vote: Kichirou

FoS: ChannelDelibird
The random vote is common practice here, but I am curious as to the FoS (Finger of Suspicion) you've given me. Is that random too, or was there something in my first post you found scummy?
I know that random voting is a common practice here.

I found the fact that you said "remember that I have as much chance of being scum as the rest of you (of course, I'm not ;))" to be a bit suspicious. So, there you have it!
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

I did not find it suspicious enough to warrant a vote, therefore I simply cast FoS, but, should you do anything else that might make me suspect you, I shall change my vote to you.

Nah, you don't have to link me, as you could be a scum, therefore, if someone pointed out what you said, you could simply link them to old games to throw them off your trail. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure if you are or are not scum, I was simply acting on what I believe should be done.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

EBWOP: I meant I shall consider changing my vote to you.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Kard8p3 wrote:I did not find it suspicious enough to warrant a vote, therefore I simply cast FoS, but, should you do anything else that might make me suspect you, I shall change my vote to you.
Weird as it may seem for me to encourage you to vote for me, it's important to say that the vote is the most important tool available to the town. It exerts pressure, pressure that a FoS just doesn't have the gravitas to exert, and it helps define the direction of the game. There's no need to be cautious at this stage, because we have a margin of error - one vote isn't going to lynch anyone. And surely a minor suspicion is worth pursuing more than a random target?
Kard wrote:Nah, you don't have to link me, as you could be a scum, therefore, if someone pointed out what you said, you could simply link them to old games to throw them off your trail. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure if you are or are not scum, I was simply acting on what I believe should be done.
I don't agree with your logic here. Evidence of a player's past behaviour as scum or town can help people to judge on their alignment in current games depending on whether they behave the same or differently than in the past. Are you suggesting that I would deliberately do something that might be suspicious as town in the past so that I could do it again as scum and be able to give evidence that it's something I do as town?
Indeed, a minor suspicion is worth pursuing, but I do not want to go ahead and suspect you of being scummy, I want to see if you do anything else that might warrant a revote from me.

I do indeed believe you could have deliberately done that, but I could be(and most likely am) wrong. I will just have to wait to find out.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

Hello Crazypaint, and FatedLunar. I am sure this game will be very exciting.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

CancerBottle wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:
Kard8p3 wrote:Are you suggesting that I would deliberately do something that might be suspicious as town in the past so that I could do it again as scum and be able to give evidence that it's something I do as town?
This is a bit of a reach, don't you think? I mean, I don't see Kard suggesting that you have deliberately played scummy as town in a previous game, only to be able to cite that playstyle in other games.
Indeed, besides it's possible that he is a scum, but he did not deliberately play that way in previous games, so he's using this to his advantage. Or maybe I'm looking to much into this; either way, I'm sure I'm wrong somehow.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

EBWOP: I mean however, not besides >_<.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

CancerBottle wrote:
Kard8p3 wrote:
CancerBottle wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:
Kard8p3 wrote:Are you suggesting that I would deliberately do something that might be suspicious as town in the past so that I could do it again as scum and be able to give evidence that it's something I do as town?
This is a bit of a reach, don't you think? I mean, I don't see Kard suggesting that you have deliberately played scummy as town in a previous game, only to be able to cite that playstyle in other games.
Indeed, besides it's possible that he is a scum, but he did not deliberately play that way in previous games, so he's using this to his advantage. Or maybe I'm looking to much into this; either way, I'm sure I'm wrong somehow.
Well, we all have games in which we are terrible Townies. But I don't use those games to excuse scummy behavior.

In any event, metas have very limited use for scumhunting in my opinion.
True, and like I said, I'm probably wrong.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

Indeed, nice to meet you Kichirou.

a bit off topic but... anyone hear about MJ dieing?
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

Hmm, who hasn't posted so far? Just bgg1996? I wonder if s/he's lurking, or just not here?
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

CDB, I did not outright say "I think you did that on purpose" I said there was a possibility that played like that, knowing you could use that to your advantage later.

and I apologize for jumping to conclusion, if someone says something that I might believe to be a bit scummy, I tend to read into it a bit.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
CancerBottle wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:
CancerBottle wrote:This is a bit of a reach, don't you think? I mean, I don't see Kard suggesting that you have deliberately played scummy as town in a previous game, only to be able to cite that playstyle in other games.
You don't see him doing that? A couple of posts before the above quote, he responded to me asking him if he was suggesting that, and he said:
Really? You put the meta tactic out there first. Which, for reasons already stated in this thread, is dubious. Yet, you frame Kard's suspicions with this dubious tactic, thus weakening his suspicions.
I mentioned the meta "tactic" of playing suboptimally in the past to gain an advantage in the future because I thought that was what he was implying in his post. Let's take another look at that post:
Kard wrote:Nah, you don't have to link me, as you could be a scum, therefore, if someone pointed out what you said, you could simply link them to old games to throw them off your trail.
Maybe I've misinterpreted here. I thought this was suggesting that I might have
planned
my behaviour as town in the past so that I could engineer some future advantage as scum (mainly the phrase "throw them off your trail" was what put that in my mind). But I guess it could just mean that in this game particularly I might be scum and I am deliberately throwing in things I do as town to make me look town. Is that what you meant by this post, Kard?

If that
is
the correct interpretation, firstly, my apologies, and secondly, I'm not really sure what the point is you're trying to make. Surely the whole point of being scum is trying to do things that make you look town, but those things make you look town because they're normally done by town. So it's unfair to suggest that I might be scum because I'm doing something I normally do as town, because it suggests I'm town as much (if not more) than it suggests I'm scum. Scumhunting is about looking for things that are more likely to come from scum than they are from town, and I don't think you can make that argument here.

Hope that's clear.
Indeed, that was the correct interpretation, and no need to apologize. You are once again correct, I can't make that argument.

So, what do ya say, lets put this behind us?

On a side note, I missed a bit from waking up so late >_>.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

CancerBottle wrote:Well, before we do, I'd like to ask Kichirou, why he put CBD at L-2?

Basically, Kich, could you explain your vote?
I too wonder this!

Also, I will be from tomorrow from 2 PM to around 11 PM.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

Kard8p3 wrote:
CancerBottle wrote:Well, before we do, I'd like to ask Kichirou, why he put CBD at L-2?

Basically, Kich, could you explain your vote?
I too wonder this!

Also, I will be from tomorrow from 2 PM to around 11 PM.
EBWOP: "Also, I will be gone tomorrow from 2 PM to around 11 PM."
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

crazypianist1116 wrote: Kard8p3: Why didn't you defend ChannelDelibird in 55 after you wanted to "put everything behind [you]"?
What was there to defend?
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

I am going to
unvote

I am not going to vote right now.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

crazypianist1116 wrote:
Kard: I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the "argument" between CDB and CB. Also, why did you unvote? Was it because Kichirou was not very active?
I'm not to sure what to think just yet; I unvoted because I had no real reason to vote to Kichi, it was just a random vote.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

crazypianist1116 wrote: After reading CB's analysis, this quote makes Kard seem scummy. He admits wrongly accusing CDB and then he just wants no one to look at the argument again. I suspected this the first time through, and now I do more.

Vote: Kard8p3
because of the above reason and because he will discuss more than bgg1996

I suppose one could look at it that way, but sorry, I only wanted to put it behind us because I didn't mean for it to escalate to that level. I didn't expect my FoS to turn into a 3 page discussion.

OMGUS Vote: crazypianist1116
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

I too will
unvote
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

Snow White wrote: Why did you unvote Crazypianist?

Are you trying to make friends or are you dismissing the idea that crazypianist maybe Mafia? Why?

First off, sorry for not posting guys, I was staying at my cousin's house for the night!

Now then, are you asking me why I voted and then unvoted CP? If so, I simply voted him because he voted me(I would assume that's why OMGUS votes exist), but since he unvoted me, I did the same for him. I probably would have unvoted him even if he had not unvoted me!

I'm not sure as to who might be mafia at this point, nothing overly suspicious as come to my attention yet, but I might just be missing something, I'm new to this game afterall.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Also, I'm going to
unvote, vote: Kard
Why
did you OMGUS vote CP? Town's job is to be finding scum - how did that help towards that goal?
I thought I explained why I voted for him, it was because he voted for me, why else would I have used OMGUS? Either way, I unvoted, no? Now I can go back to looking for scum.

As of right now, bgg catches my eye. It was mainly for the sentence " You know I can't imagine it being very fun as a townie.(Post 124)" To me, this seems like he is trying to pass himself off as townie. However, the word "imagine" sounds like is simply trying to act as a townie might, thus he might not be a townie. Of course, he could be a cop/doctor and is trying to not draw attention to himself, I am not sure.

Vote:bgg
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #23) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

Meji Fan wrote: 2, Kard . . . my read through of the game seemed to indicate a whole lot of unvoting going on. And not immediately picking a new person to vote for. Unvoting when you dont have someone better to vote for is suspicious to me, especially the vote CP, unvote CP, vote CP again?
What? I did not vote for CP after I unvoted, I voted for bgg.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Kard8p3 »

Meji Fan wrote:Hmmm. Yes, so you did. Oops. Your still interesting but not quite so much then
Alright then.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

I've changed my mind.
unvote:bgg
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

Meji Fan wrote:What? Why? bgg hasnt even posted since you voted him

More of the rabid unvoting!
FoS Kard
Was it because of CB's interpretations of bgg's thoughts?
A bit of that, and a bit of Snow White's post, plus, I simply don't want to jump to conclusions.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

Indeed

vote:Kard8p3

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”