Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:33 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Even though I only have to answer the one that was towards me, I'm going to go ahead an answer them all.
12Keyblade wrote:Oh, and I have questions!!!

BlueRaven
: Do you believe anything can be gleaned from anyone's random vote? Why?
I actually do think that you can gather info from someones "random" vote. Some votes that are "random" are actually not random, but are carefully worded to make it look like they are. This way if a bandwagon is formed on a townie, the person can go back and say "They followed a random vote." And if no one jumps on the bandwagon they can say "It was just a random vote" Thus, yes I think some info can be found in "random" votes.

geekalicious
: Do you think it would be a good idea to lynch quickly on Day 1? Why?
I think there should always be a lynch on day one. This way you get some imformation that you can go on for day two. Do I think it should be quick? No, I don't.

KittyMo
: Do you follow a "Lynch all Lurkers" policy? Why?
No. I prefer that lurkers are replaced.

krauthammer
: Do you follow a "Lynch all Liars" policy? Why?
I tend to not believe people in a game after they've lied once. You lie once... and I'm not going to trust anything you say for the rest of the game. So yes... I guess in a way I do, but in a way I don't.

The Qs beneth here are repeats... I cut them out to save space.

So far I see alot of voting with no reason. I know this is normal for day one, but I still dislike random votes.

I would like to ask a question now.

Everyone:
What is your general play style and how many games have you played before? (If you've played lots I just need a quick estimate 20+, 50+. 100+, etc)

My answer would be: I'm a more serious player. I don't like random votes (particularly after day one) I post only when I have something useful to say. I tend to answer all questions. I've played 50+ games on various forums.

@12Keyblade: Would you answer your own questions?
[/b]
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I spy with my little eye... a condradiction.

You said it the above post
I don't like first day random kills
And then when KittyMo votes for you, you vote for her "for voting for you". That isn't exactly random... but it still doesn't strike me as well thought out or logical. It appears to me to be a joke vote, which you say you don't approve of.

I personally think that things can be observed from someones day one vote. Even if we don't nail a mafia member we still can observe who voted for who, and in this case, who voted no lynch.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

0.o

How does it seem like a coordinated attack?
Even if it is, there aren't enough mafia members to cause a lynch on their own. They would have to get someone to follow them. geek is a new member (I think), so naturally he's going to follow. The following does worry me though. I don't like to feel like someone is jumping on a band wagon.
If GreenMonkey is innocent then my suspicions would move over to either KittyMo or geek. Currently the contradiction and vote for no lynch naturally bring me to suspect you though GreenMonkey.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:52 am

Post by ronnieroo »

One side has to win.

I've seen people do it before. IDK if the rules here allow for it though.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:40 am

Post by ronnieroo »

My eye currently falls on BlueRaven.

It sounds like you're saying that by not defending that makes you town. Well that is a very very bad defense. For one thing, I think you may be using it to fall back on. If you're town (particularly if you have power role) you should fight to stay alive. You've contributed nothing. Your posts are confusing. All of this looks very scummy to me. I've never really bought the "I'm a noob" excuse. Can you please answer KittyMo's questions? If you answer them well it might help convince me of your innocence.

Kitty Mo where did you hear that lynch only if the numbers are odd? Do you think that that is a good idea? I really am going to have to say I don't.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:28 am

Post by ronnieroo »

geekalicious wrote:
Zachrulez wrote: My main point going into this line of thought is that both people I've voted for thus far have been obviously suspect and that's why I voted for them. Plain and simple.
You just admitted you're following others. This makes me very suspicous of you. Just because someone is "obviously a suspect" doesn't mean that they're mafia. Thinking for yourself is always the best way to go in a game like this. If you follow others you risk following a mafia member. Listen to other peoples arguments, express your own thoughts, and vote only after thinking it through.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:29 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Ugh that quote messed up... I'm quoting geekalicious not Zach there...
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:44 am

Post by ronnieroo »

KeyBlade... Suggesting that someone hinted at the fact that they were cop is a bad idea... Especially if it wasn't an obvious hint. When I read that at first I, too, thought it may've been a hint, but when I re-read it I came to the conclusion that KittyMo meant "investigation" by re-reading the thread and re-evaluating her thinking. If KittyMo is the cop having her night killed would be very bad for town. If she isn't, and she's night killed it's still bad for town. It's possible that she's mafia throwing that comment out there to make the townies think she's innocent.

I feel as if Zach is controling the game at this moment. Leading sheep to water is ridiculously easy in a noobie game... especially when you're an IC. I'm not in ANYWAY saying don't listen to Zach. I'm saying make sure that you're thinking for yourself and not just following the logic of others. It's fine to agree... just don't blindly follow.

xRECKONERx... you don't even remember who you voted for? That shows how much attention you've been paying... Not remembering who you voted/denying voting for someone you did vote for makes me very suspicous of you. Forgetful or scummy? Hmm...

Just a few thoughts.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:39 am

Post by ronnieroo »

KittyMo: KeyBlade12 and Zach currently draw my eye toward them.
KeyBlade12 because of the bread crumb thing. Pointing out that someone hinted at being cop worries me.
Zach because he's leading.

@Zach I feel as though you're leading because people are following you. If you look back at the thread you'll see that people follow your logic without really thinking for themselves. (Or at least that's how it looks to me... Maybe they just aren't stating their own thoughts)
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:22 am

Post by ronnieroo »

I'm here. Like I said I don't say anything unless I have something useful to say.
(And just to clear it up, I am a she...)

@Zach anyone who has an influence immediatly draws my eye, because if you're mafia you're very dangerous. I don't think you can disagree with that. If you find anything that draws your eye, just point it our and I will gladly explain my actions.

Just to let you all know, I will have no interenet connection at all from the 13-18. I don't know if that requires a replacement or not.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:32 am

Post by ronnieroo »

I'm going on a trip with my church... (As far as I know) there is no relation between the two of us.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:03 am

Post by ronnieroo »

They could be scum trying to seperate themselves from one another. Since this is a noobie game I find it unlikley... but just saying.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:26 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Zachrulez wrote:Strange that you would entertain that train of thought while you're apparently suspicious of me.
How is it strange?
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Zach there are mafia that do that in other games. You'll note I said it was unlikley.
If these people continue playing mafia they're bound to run into a pair of mafia goons that will attempt to do this.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

And you still don't want me to point it out?
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

What exactly if your reasoning there?
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (isolation #16) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:52 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Ok the reason I put mafia goons in, is because most beginners would be familar with that particular pair... I wasn't sure and didn't want to confuse someone by putting out a role they knew nothing about. I can go through all the possible combos of mafia groups you may run into, but that would be extremly boring. Besides that from my expirence there's not always a godfather in a noobie game, but there are usually at least two goons. Thus, I chose to go with the more common thing (At least from my expirence that's more common).

@Zack what do you mean by "pulling this through the mud"?
Do you seriously expect me to not defend myself?
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #17) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:22 am

Post by ronnieroo »

As I already stated, I chose the most common pair for a newbie mafia game.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:18 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Ok guys I'm heading out. Don't expect any posts from me for five days.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:05 am

Post by ronnieroo »

illiniguy
What exactly makes you think that Geek was the first one to pust for him? Even if she was I really don't think that warrants a vote. KittyMo and several others (including me before I left) also pushed for Zach. Is there something else you find suspicous about Geek?

Why do you think BlueRaven is scum? What makes you think that? Is it a gut feeling or something he did to make you suspicous?

You're last two posts make me suspicous of you.
Could I get more in depth reasons for the voting/FOSing?

This belongs at the beginning of the post... but anyways I'm back.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:18 am

Post by ronnieroo »

My list with comments on each (living) player:

12Keyblade:
Posts quite abit. Some posts are spammy and somewhat off-topic. Says that people acting more like noobies don't draw as much of his suspicion. This makes me some what worried. What makes you think this way?
BlueRaven:
Hasn't posted all that much since he voted for KittyMo, and was being pushed on by everyone. Who do you currently find suspicous? Didn't vote for Zach. Considering his "I'm going to follow people" thing at the beginning of the game this kind of confuses me. Did you change your mind?
geekalicious:
Posts some. Posts don't seem as spammy to me. I still feel like he's(she's?) following. I understand that in your first game you naturally want to follow others. I disagree with illiniguy. I really don't feel like he(she?) was the first to push on Zach.
KittyMo:
Posting style seems the same as Keyblade's if a tad less spammy.
illiniguy09:
That vote and FOS still concern me. Please explain them? Voted for Zach under other peoples logic.
Monsieur:
Just came into the game. Took me three tries to spell his name.
ronnieroo:
That's me.

I'm currently looking at (in ABC order) Geek, illini (would help if he'd answer my Q's), and Raven.

Looking back at last nights kill:
xRECKONERx voting/FOSing patteren:
Votes KittyMo (page one) For not having a kitten as her ava. (unvotes page three)
Votes for BlueRaven (page three) For voting no lynch.
Unvotes/FOSs Raven (page four) Doesn't think it warrants a vote
Votes reverend (page seven) Wants to here about Geek's contradiction from rev.
Votes me (page fourteen) on a slip
Unvotes me (page seventeen) says Zach's case is weak
Votes Zach (page nineteen) Says he appears the most scummy.
Votes stays on Zach and Zach is lynched.
Votes/FOSs on xRECKONERx:
KeyBlade FOSs (page two) for possible stifling discussion.
Zach votes (page 9)

Looking back at the voting patterens here I'm going to guess that Rev was killed because he was an IC and possibly wasn't on to any mafia member, thus making him a safe lynch, that is unless
a. Raven was mafia and was afraid that with illini's vote on page 17 the case agianst him might come back alive when Zach was found innocent.
b. Rev decided to kill him for voting for him.
c. KittyMo took that avatar comment way too seriously.
I'm going to go with a random pick/picked because he was an IC.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:56 am

Post by ronnieroo »

He voted for you at one time.

I just listed all the possiblities. You'll note that I concluded that it was probably a random kill/kill because he was an IC.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

ronnieroo wrote:
I'm currently looking at (in ABC order) Geek, illini (would help if he'd answer my Q's), and Raven.
By looking at them I meant suspicous of them...
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #552 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Unless you mean my reaction to Zach's lynch Monsieur?
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #556 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:15 am

Post by ronnieroo »

That was at that time. More has since come up that has caused me to rewrite my suspect list a bit.

And yes, I feel that Geek is more suspicous then KittyMo, at this moment in time at least.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:32 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Monsieur wrote:@ Ronnie: Please explain why you've come to the conclusion that KittyMo is less suspicious than geekalicious when at that post, geekalicious has contributed far more to the discussion in terms of posting frequency than Kitty. I am not holding that against her, I am wondering how you came to the conclusion about Kitty because for me, silence should arouse suspicion.
(...)
The content of KittyMo's posts vs. the content of Geek's makes me less suspicous of KittyMo. Granted, Kitty isn't a first time player and thus has more expirence wording things.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #582 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:59 am

Post by ronnieroo »

I will not hold it against anyone for the content or lack thereof that they are contributing because you have to understand people's personalities and tendencies. This requires knowing people and their idiosyncrasies.

Ok... Umm... I'm sorry but aren't you accusing Geek for not posting and thus lack of content? At least, that's the way I took your accusation of her. Did I mis-understand?
wolf lean
kittymo
geekalicious
ronnieroo
Reasons por favor?
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #595 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:51 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Additionally, I don't think you've ever voted ronnieroo... Now, this could just mean you're really weighing your options before putting your vote out there, or it could indicate scum trying to avoid the responsibility of having been on someone's wagon. I'm not sure which.
You're correct. I haven't placed a vote the entire game. My reasons being:
a. I left for a week. I didn't want to leave my vote on someone, and didn't have time to vote after I got back.
b. Before I left, I didn't see anyone scummy enough to place a vote on.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #629 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:24 am

Post by ronnieroo »

My feelings on the lynch? Well, we lost a townie, that's never a good thing.
It's hard for me to get a read on anyone with so many replacements.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #641 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Ok Raskol that is just the way I play the game. Low post counts for me are not an unusual thing. I don't like spammy or repetive posts. Quite frankly, they annoy me and serve to distract us and keep us from finding the scum. Why didn't I vote on day one? *pushes repeat button*
a. I left for a week. I didn't want to leave my vote on someone, and didn't have time to vote after I got back.
b. Before I left, I didn't see anyone scummy enough to place a vote on.

I don't post as much as some people do. That is my play style. I don't vote/FOS as much as some people do. Once again playstyle. If I had voted for everyone I had cast suspicion on I would look just like Zach did. Placing my logic up there is just as good as posting an actual FOS in my opinion. I would like to see your notes on me, as it would help me defend myself. (Doesn't have to be a wall. A little at a time is fine)
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #650 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:29 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Raskol wrote:1---Scummy is scummy, even if it's her playstyle. No one said she had to be spammy or repetitive, either. But her play so far has been at the opposite end of the extreme. Why does she try to justify one extreme by pretending that her only other option would be to go to the opposite one? Nobody is recommending spam.
This is the way I play the game. I'm sorry if you don't like it.

Besides, even if I were the type to care about meta defenses, it's awfully convenient to claim meta when we don't have any of your previous games to go on. So no, that's not going to cut it as a defense.

2---Not voting as much as some people do is fine. Not voting at all isn't. She's trying to imply that her only options are to either 'vote for everyone' and 'look like Zach' or vote for no one. She's twisting things again, pretending like her only option if we don't like her extreme, is for her to go to the opposite extreme. This is a scummy way to defend yourself.
Well, based on your accusation, you wanted me to vote for everyone I was suspicous of.

Also, why is she so worried about looking like Zach? It seems like town would want to justify their voting record based on how it helps town, not how it makes them look.
Well... IDK about you, but when I see someone lynched, I avoid doing whatever they just did.

ronnieroo----can you give any good reason why not voting at all is pro-town?
I never said it was. I've explained why I didn't vote. You can accept the explanation or not.
Raskol wrote:Alright, I've thought about it for a while, and despite all that I think circumstances require that I do things a little differently this time and post the notes without getting a story first. First, we're close to the deadline and with ronnieroo's level of activity it's possible that if I wait we wont' be able to discuss enough before closing time. Second, my connection is acting up today, I'm getting disconnected constantly and when it does this it often shuts off for hours at a time. If I don't post it now I may not be able to today. So here are the notes I have so far, condensed a bit. They cover D1, and are a good start even if more could be said.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 36#1745036
-casts suspicion on TFGM without a vote, for the stupid noobie mistake. (putting town on the track of an easy target, yet no vote from her herself).
I put a point out there for others to consider. I said it was suspcious. I never said vote for him. I wanted to see his reaction.

-points out that voting records can and often are used to catch scum. A nice little piece of theory, hard to fault her for bringing it up, except that it shows that voting records are on her mind. It could just be someone pointing out the obvious, or it could be the comment of a scum who plans to use her clean, empty record as a defense later on. (note later comment: when asked about her feelings on the lynch, all she says is “we lynched town and that’s bad”. No comment on what the lynch could mean as far as finding scum.)
The reasons Zach was lynched had been posted by several other players already. Whiplashing vote and the fit at the end. I didn't feel as though I needed to re-state them. Well, asked that question at that time that was the only answer I could really give. I hadn't (and still haven't) pulled anything worth posting out of Zach's lynch.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 26#1745126
Points out that mafia have to get people to follow them. Again, true enough, and it might be taken as another innocent little comment on theory, except that later on she talks about this concept so much as to seem obsessed with it, and her playstyle is exactly that of scum trying to get town to follow them to a lynch. Kinda makes you wonder why the idea is so prominent in her mind.
Well it's very true. mafia can't lynch on their own. Which is why they either lead the game, or follow everyone else.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 89#1748189
-casts suspicion on BlueRaven without a vote for another newbie mistake (casting suspicion on another easy target, with no vote).
-another nice little bit of theory, great way to add to the discussion without helping town.
Basic theory does help town. You may've been smart enough to read the wiki, but when I started playing this game I wasn't.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 69#1749969
-blatantly misrepresents Geekalicious in, guess what, another suspicion-post without a vote. A pattern of throwing mud and then hiding in the shadows waiting for a reaction. Guess what? This post came pretty close after Zach had voted Geekalicious. Third time ronnieroo tries to covertly push along a bandwagon after it's already been started.
-more theory, urging Geek to think for himself and warns against the possibility of following a mafia member. Empty, obvious advice, post-padding at its best (although it shows again the kind of things that are on her mind). Theory is fine and not a problem in itself as long as it's accompanied by content and genuine scumhunting, but when all you get from someone is theory and voteless mudslinging, things start to look bad.
That's generally why I put points out there. You're looking for a reaction. If you didn't want me or someone else to react, then why did you place all your notes up here?

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 13#1751413
A comment from this post is very telling, and I want to quote it directly:
ronnieroo wrote: Leading sheep to water is ridiculously easy in a noobie game... especially when you're an IC.
This sounds like gloating. Other highlights of the post: more voteless suspicion-casting and 'helpful theory'.
How is that gloating? A. I'm not an IC here. B. I was referring to following Zach.

Overall:
-Nothing that could really help catch scum. Absolute minimum interaction, points out the obvious, votelessly points suspicion toward easy targets.
I point out obvious things, because when I was a noobie, they were the things I over looked.

-one of the suspicion-castings relied on a blatant misinterpretation of a player’s post (see above)
So you never misinterprut things?

-almost all of her posts contain something like the words "this makes me
very
suspicious of you" and yet she never votes. This is scum behavior. Moreover, when asked later why she didn't vote, she said she had never found anyone suspicious enough! If
very suspicious
doesn't cut it, ronnie, just what does it take to get you to vote?
I become suspicous of the post, and thus question the player behind it. I don't feel that ONE post nessassarly warrants a vote.

-her theory comments show that she’s extremely concerned about two things: first, influence and the idea of manipulating townies. Second, using voting records to track scum. The fact that her playstyle is consistent with a scumplayer who is trying to use exactly those things to her advantage is evidence for her being scum.
I've stated why I didn't vote at least three times now. I have no intentions of stating it again.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #654 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Raskol wrote:First---"That's just the way I play" isn't an explanation. It's a refusal to give one. If you went to someone and asked them why the sky is blue and they told you "because that's just the way it is," would you think they'd answered your question? The fact that you even admit it's antitown doesn't help you.
Raskol I have nothing to offer you but the truth. That is the the way I play. I have no idea what kind of explanation you're looking for.

Second---you were novoting way before Zach got lynched. Don't pretend like you saw Zach get lynched and then decided to stop voting.
See previous explaination.

Third---I didn't want you to vote
everyone
you were suspicious of. I said that the fact that you voted for nobody at all, while casting suspicion every which way, was scummy.
Stop twisting my words.

Fourth---it's a bit difficult for me to believe that you 'just wanted to see their reactions' when you cast suspicion at people, since a) you never followed up or pushed them on it, and b) you never analyzed their reactions publicly. If you wanted to get reactions to help town find scum, these are things you would have tried to do in some way. Instead, you made posts and then backed off, never to bring up the subject again. That's scummy, especially combined with a complete lack of voting.
Other people followed them up.

Fifth---whether or not the theory you put out is true or not has nothing to do with my case. The reasons I think you're scum are the reasons you post the theory, the topics you choose to post it on, and the way that you do it.

Sixth---I might occasionally misinterpret things, but I try not to post obvious, blatant misinterpretations as if I'm sure they're correct, and then use them to make people look scummy while calling them "very suspicious" without voting them. Also, if I did misinterpret someone and they point it out to me, I'd make sure to apologize and make sure to undo any damage to the misinterpreted person's town rep that I may have caused. You did neither. Again, that's super scummy.

Seventh---you're not an IC here, but you say you have 50+ games under your belt. That's enough, I think, for you to feel you have enough experience to think that it'll be easy for you to lead newbie sheep to water.

Speaking of which, if you've been playing that long then it's kind of hard for me to believe you think it's a good idea to never vote as town, and that you'd keep such a terribly antitown 'playstyle' for so long.
I
never
said it was a good idea.
One past game
Game I replaced into

There are two games I've played rather recently. (Do consider that I've been playing with some of those people for 7 or 8 months.)

@Geek: Well, I have something to say that isn't spam or repetitive.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #683 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Roskel what exactly makes you less suspicous of me?

Geek I personally think that if you're town you're never a good lynch target if you're town, even if you're the most unhelpful townie on the planet I would rather lynch mafia (If you are town, not saying he is town). The way I look at that you're either a townie thinking that with you gone finding the mafia will be easier (Which if you are town it may or may not be. It's still a townie lost. (I say a townie lost because I'm thinking the cop or doctor would not say they were a good target for lynching. Right now I'm thinking Geek is either a townie or mafia)), or a mafia player trying to look like a townie hoping to throw off votes. Right now I'm leaning towards the last option.

Right now I'm leaning towards Geekalicous or riddle (because of illini and kraut), though because I am suspicous of Riddle I hesitate to put my vote on the same person as him.

Considering the approaching deadline, I'm going to go ahead and go with my gut and
vote:Riddle
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #763 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:33 am

Post by ronnieroo »

I actually think a massive claim wouldn't be a bad idea, the only thing is, the mafia will know who to target tonight. My vote goes to BlueRaven as to who claims first.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #768 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Guys, I'm sorry but I'm going to be gone starting today until the 18th or 19th. I'm really sorry. RL is just in the way. >_<
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #789 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Ok, I'm back. Didn't get a chance to post last night.

Since I'm supposed to roleclaim next here it goes,
I want to say congratz to the mafia roleblocker, I would like to know why you chose to roleblock me though.

I'm cop. I investigated KittyMo night one and was roleblocked, and 12KeyBlade night two, was roleblocked.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #793 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:34 am

Post by ronnieroo »

I'm actually hoping one of the scum will come out and say they're cop. Would make my decision on who would to vote for much easier.

Reasons for investigations:

KittyMo- I felt like you overplayed your innocence. On one of the other sites I play on it's referred to as the "I'm too sparkly to be mafia" play. Other then that, pretty much just a suspicion.

12KeyBlade- I knew that the hammer would bring some attention to him, as well as it would be very convient if he were scum to have the nice scum-o-meter to look back at. Basically, knowing if he was scum or not would make finding the second mafia member alot easier, and if he wasn't scum, I would know that his readings were honest. Also he seems to be absoluly positive that I'm town. It honestly bugs me a little bit.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #797 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Ok, Geek, if I was mafia and was planning to roleclaim cop, in a LyLo situation, here is exactly what I would've done:

Night one I investigated Roskol (or some other dead townie), night two I investigated BlueRaven (or some other townie that would've been an easy lynch (I'm NOT saying he is pro-town)), and (s)he came up scum. Townies follow, mafia win. If I was mafia, why on earth would I've risked claiming a cop with no results? For one thing, I would risk there actually being a cop, secondly it would've been an easy mafia win to just say one of the easy town targets, thirdly having no results makes me less belivable.

I have absolutly no idea why the mafia roleblocker chose me. Either A. Lucky guess, or B. The post KittyMo indicated earlier.

KeyBlade wanting me to lead is not even... I have no idea. Not even reasonable. I'm not sure on him, but at this time, I don't think he's town, which is why I investigated him.

@KittyMo, No not a compliment. Overplaying innocence can be just as bad as playing very scummy.

My thoughts on KeyBlade (Not adding posts, sorry):
A. Is completly and totally convinced that I am town. This really worries me, maybe I just seem like town to him, but I feel way too much like he wants to be caught defending a town player.
B. Post style is spammy. (I hate spammy post styles, because you can't really say someone is lurking, but you can't say they're exactly helpful either).
C. Was on both bandwagons.
D. Mostly seems to say I agree or Yeah, I feel that way too. Ok, he could just be busy or tired in RL, I admit this as I've done the same thing in half of this game.

Thoughts on KittyMo:
A. Acts very innocent. A little too innocent IMO, but probably just her playstyle.
B. Has a slightly spammy play style, but does contribute.

Thoughts on Geekalicious:
A. Has been a suspect basically the whole game. He slightly confuses me. I honestly never really know who he suspects.

Thought on BlueRaven:
A. Acts alot like a flustered noobie. (No offense) I'm not sure if he's scum or not, but I'd like to here from him. What are you feelings and suspicions Raven?
B. Also has been a suspect most of the game (I think this is why he reduced his posting)

Currently I'm inclined to vote for 12KeyBlade. I'd like to hear what he has to say though.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #810 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

KeyBlade, ok you have me listed three times, meaning you think that I could be a scum buddy to anyone, and you don't believe my claim. The thing that I really don't like, is that you're not voting for me. Shouldn't that be enough? If you think I'm lieing about being cop, then wouldn't that make me mafia? So why aren't you voting for me?

Ok, when I say too innocent, it means everything is too sugar coated. It sounds too nice and perfect. I don't want scum tells.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #824 (isolation #39) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

To clear this up, I do NOT currently find KittyMo most suspicous, at this moment she's in my bottom two.

Secondly, I thought she was overplaying innocence on day one. I don't think she is anymore, and I never said I still did. She was worth investigating on day one.

@KeyBlade, ok I've noticed I've gone from obviously town to 99% sure mafia. I find it odd that you've thought I was town the whole game, and now after role claiming a town role you think I'm mafia. What has caused you to change your mind? The unlikly hood of it happening changed your mind?
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #834 (isolation #40) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I apologize. School started for me recently, so I haven't been able to check in.

Order of my suspect list:
12KeyBlade: Spammy play style, sudden change of opinon based on my role claim, Active lurking, no defense.
BlueRaven: I am unable to get a read on him. Posts have no content... it worries me.
Geekalicous: General playstyle concerns me abit. Other then that nothing much.
KittyMo: Not really suspicous of her. Acts very pro-town. If you're mafia you're doing a good job acting like town, if you're town you're helpful.
Reads are prone to change.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #845 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:12 am

Post by ronnieroo »

12KeyBlade I'd like to ask that you provide some sort of evidence other then that. (Anything else that makes you suspcious?) It just feels like the cop thing should've topped something off, not really created something new. (At least to me)

You seemed so honestly convinced I was town, and one unlikley thing happens and then I'm mafia? It just doesn't sit right with me. Unless you honestly think that there are NEVER cops wtihout results. (Note to self: If this happens again, claim vanilla). I really don't see myself voting for anyone but KeyBlade, but I'd like to wait until BlueRaven gets back.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #847 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I'd like BlueRaven to post his thoughts, but I'm not sure if I'll be on tomorrow before the deadline. I don't see myself voting for anyone but KeyBlade.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #849 (isolation #43) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

It's very close to deadline. I'm going to go ahead and
vote:12KeyBlade
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #911 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

and saying whatever was easiest. Looking back on it, I should've replaced ouFirst I want to apologize for my lack of activity. No, it's not normally how I play the game. I was actually really surprised you guys didn't notice that the mafia games I showed you were over 3 months old. Anyways, the day after this game started I was called up to mod two different mafia games on different sites (I was last on both lists when I signed up. People went AFK. One ended a week later, the other ended two days ago) You guys basically ended up being ignored. By the end of day three, I was basically planning to vote for KeyBlade and say whatever was easiest. Lookin back now, I should've requested a replacemeant. For that I apologize.

*Rams head against wall* I investigate all the right people and get no results. Figures. Kitty Congrats. It was an excellent game. *rams head against wall again* Should've gone with gut feeling.

@KeyBlade: You don't know how hard I thought about claiming vanilla and hoping someone else would claim cop.

@Kitty: If you had left me alive I would've been a very easy lynch target.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”