Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Krauthammer »

12Keyblade wrote:<snip>
krauthammer
: Do you follow a "Lynch all Liars" policy? Why?
<snip>
Lynch all Liars is better than most rules, but I'm always reluctant to have simple rules for lynching removed from context. No one town should lie, but it's always possible, especially in a newbie game, that someone will be new, scared or just plain dumb. Any lying will bring my suspicion heavily onto someone, but alone it is not enough for an automatic lynch.
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Krauthammer »

12Keyblade wrote:<snip>
Everyone:
What is your general play style and how many games have you played before? (If you've played lots I just need a quick estimate 20+, 50+. 100+, etc) <snip>
I've never actually played a game, either online or irl, but I have followed some online without actually participating, so it's not like I'm totally new.

As to playing style, I don't know yet, but I'm fairly cautious at the moment...
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Krauthammer »

I really don't want to start a bandwagon so early in the game, so I won't vote for TFGM, but I do find basically every post either scummy or radically misinformed. What kind of games do you usually play TFGM? Why are these so different?
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Krauthammer »

Ugh. Do you just really not want to play this game? If you're town (which I'm leaning towards) I'm going to be so angry.
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Krauthammer »

BlueRaven wrote:just cus im going with the crowd:

Vote: KittyMo
Okay, this is very, very skummy to me. You post one no content post and then come back just to put the third vote on a possible bandwagon, on your own admission? If you're going to vote for KittyMo, explain why, not just because of a blatant jokevote and a blatant OMGUS?

Vote: BlueRaven
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Krauthammer »

Yeah, BlueRaven is as scummy as all hell, but no one else vote for him for now, we don't want this to end before it has to.
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Krauthammer »

Why did you vote for KittyMo?
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Krauthammer »

I think TFGM had voted himself by that point.
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Krauthammer »

I'm keeping the vote on now, as there still isn't anyone as skummy out there to my eyes, but the lack of answer is making me think he thought it was still joke phase? If you do anything that's townie at all (contribution, anything) I'll unvote you.
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Krauthammer »

Okay, I'll go over the first two people to really get attention so far.

I'm almost certain that TFGM (or, I guess, whoever will replace him) is town. His original vote for no lynch and subsequent OMGUS vote were skummy, but everything he's done since then, including dropping out, seem to indicate that he was really just someone who was not at all used to this kind of mafia.

BlueRaven is a different story. I recognize that there is still the real chance that he is a new townie, but I think that there is just as much chance that he is mafia who voted for KittyMo and then would deflect all criticism with a clear indication of "newbieness." Even more than the vote itself, I find his next post his scummiest:
BlueRaven wrote:ac.... dam.... thats not good... i read a poll earlyer saying about a newbie mistake... i think im the person that just slipped up and did the newbie mistake.
I'll stand by my vote for now just to see what happens.
This post feels more like an attempt to deflect attention with the "newbie" card than a real reflection of inexperienced newness. I'm keeping my vote on him and will continue to do so until he gives a real and clear response to why he voted and contributes to the dialog. He's really hiding behind his lack of experience, but there are others here who have never played a game (including myself) who don't come off as scummy as he does.
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Krauthammer »

geekalicious wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:<snip>
Finally, the odd behavior of your predecessor and the way you're suddenly voting for me are making me suspicious right now. <snip>
What odd behavior? I agree that TFGM's made a few scummy moves, but I think he explained himself convincingly, in a way that indicated legitimate honest befuzzlement rather than hasty ass-covering that I would consider scummy.
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Krauthammer »

ugh, same here.
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:46 am

Post by Krauthammer »

I don't think it would ever be a good idea to reveal the cop, when would that ever be good for town, especially on the first day?
Krauthammer
Krauthammer
Townie
Krauthammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Krauthammer »

12Keyblade wrote:
Krauthammer wrote:I don't think it would ever be a good idea to reveal the cop, when would that ever be good for town, especially on the first day?
Not reveal, breadcrumb. Think about it:

Day 3, 5 left alive. Bob claims he is the cop and has a guilty on Joe. Joe challenges him to prove it. Bob points to post 54, where he mentioned that he was "investigating" someone. Mary and Janey are convinced, and Joe the Mafia is strung up and lynched.
Yeah, no. As you say, Bob would point out HIS OWN POST at that point. A third party person wouldn't reveal this BEFORE THE COP EVEN HAS A CHANCE TO INVESTIGATE. Bad plan. Bad, bad plan.

Still, I don't think that your scum if only because I think scum would talk about this during the night phase, rather than bringing it up now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”