massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:03 am

Post by massive »

Atomic Drop: SpyreX
and let me just say, this has potential to be the most awesomest Mafia game I may have played in.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:23 am

Post by massive »

A pileon on Don for putting his vote at the end of the post seems ... EXTREEEEEEME.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by massive »

I have never nor will ever play the newbie card. I've been on this site for fifteen years. However, I do not understand this "type" of game nor do I particularly like it, and I think it would be fair to future players to advertise this ruleset when listing the game. I was expecting a fun game, and now it's turned into a game where people are voting each other based on whether they've read the rules, not whether or not they're scum.

Dumb.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by massive »

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan wrote:
His lips are flappin' but nothin's commin' out! "The Genius," he ain't!
Do you think YOU have done scumhunting by this point, Page 2, of this game? Please point out where this scumhunting has happened.

CLOTHESLINE! VP Balter
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by massive »

Kise: I'm not sure what you're characterising as a "change of heart." Do I still have high hopes for the awesomeness of this game? Yes. But as with any game, it's all down to the people you play with and I think this format is less forgiving. People have said, "Well, why didn't you opt out?" I did not respond back to the mod between the confirmation PM and the role PM and, in any case, would not opt out. But attacking ME because I think it's dumb to attack someone else because of the ruleset of the game is just as much "scumhunting" as attacking someone because of the ruleset. In other words, none at all.

hambargarz: Please describe the points against me. So far it's "oh massive dislikes the ruleset" so I can't see how I can defend against that, seeing as it's probably true.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:46 am

Post by massive »

hambargarz: I would think it would be more suspicious for VP Baltar to vote me for "doing no scumhunting" when he's done none himself (at that point) -- so my vote followed his logic. And saying that I voted for VP Baltar "ad hominem" while not addressing the points against me, and then saying the points against me are what I attacked him "ad hominem" for, doesn't add up, just so ya know.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:20 am

Post by massive »

VP Baltar: Your scumhunting style must be way different than mine, because I count your votes as Random, Because of the Rules, Because of the Rules, and when you voted for me and complained about my lack of scumhunting, I believe you had asked zero questions other than the one you condescendingly asked me as you voted for me. I like the Archon thing and I like how you're quickly trying to distance yourself from a possible lynch, so maybe you can explain why you would vote for me again?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:20 am

Post by massive »

Archon: Do you think the town should keep a player who is willing to put their own curiosity before the wellbeing of the town?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:45 am

Post by massive »

I'm not a jester. I'm also curious about Kise's fascination with the sample PM -- I mean, I read "anime character" and just assumed it was the mod's sense of humor, seeing as this has (so far) been decently themed and anime characters don't fit. So I guess

Kise
: Do you really believe there is an anime character in this game?

Faking a vote / post restriction would be awkward.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:11 am

Post by massive »

Yes, because evidently I don't fall into VP Baltar's definition of scumhunting. I personally am pretty happy with my playstyle, so I doubt I'll be shifting too overly much. At least I'm here and talking, and I'm not blurrying the town's vision with a bunch of "obvscum" accusations.

In the meantime: VP, can you explain why specifically you were looking for Fabian's reaction to Archon's roleclaim?

As for Archon's roleclaim: My initial reaction was it was legit, but remembered the sample PM announcing the possibility of fake claims. I don't think Ricky Steamboat is a jobber. So I don't really believe Archon's roleclaim. Fabian's reason for believing it is probably similar to my initial reason for believing it, but I'm thinking that the mod would take that into consideration. Metagaming the mod, to be sure, but it happens all the time.

And in regards to two people softclaiming the same person: You would think that, if one of them were ACTUALLY Hogan, that that individual would be all over the other and we've have a Hulk-off. So what is it? Sloppy breadcrumb attempts?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:02 am

Post by massive »

Even if you believe that "jobber" = "townie" (which I do), I still think there would be a lot of better choices, that are OBVIOUSLY jobbers, than Ricky Steamboat.

I agree the Don doesn't have a post restriction.

And SpyreX's quick hop onto the Locke bandwagon just seems scummy to me. There's been six pages of discussion, he doesn't like any of the leading candidates enough to actually help with a lynch, but he's willing to be the second vote on Locke? That don't make no sense.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by massive »

I didn't like the way that Locke popped up when you said his name, like the Candy Man. On top of that, if you knew that you were likely to only be able to make one post per day due to the no-double-posting rule, wouldn't you make them more worthwhile than speculating about game setup, asking about anime characters, and talking about hambargarz "page five" post?

Tiger Driver: Locke Lamora
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:27 am

Post by massive »

Locke: My suspicion of SpyreX voting you was that he was voting you for (what I thought was) doing exactly what he was doing: Lurking and only peripherally participating. In fact, I had a big post written up to that extent ... and then I saw the VLA and checked his other games and verified that he wasn't just lurking here.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:18 am

Post by massive »

That should be 6/7 so I imagine we're going ahead with Archon. I'm watching the thread and will lay on the last vote in about five hours; any other questions people want answered before we go?

Fabian, I'm kinda surprised at your post right above mine. You were one of the strongest advocates for Archon's role claim being true. Is lynching him for information that much more valuable than your belief that he's town?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 am

Post by massive »

I'm not convinced by this "avoiding a lynch" stuff. Archon's demise was all but assured (as he was at six votes and I had indicated my intention to cast number seven); the argument that Kreriov was hoping to avoid Archon's lynch only holds water if his lynch is avoidable, which it wasn't.

And it really seems like DDD is trying his best to convince the rest of the town to judge Kreriov's actions in a vacuum, rather than in the actual context of the game.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:16 am

Post by massive »

Wait, let's go back to the massive-infatuation. I need a little ego boosting.

As to SpyreX hammering: There was no danger we were missing the lynch unless someone unvoted in the five hours between my stated lynch vote and the deadline. I certainly don't think SpyreX any scummier for hammering a scum -- it's more likely that he legitimately wanted to make sure the hammer happened. We weren't going to gain a ton of info in five hours.

I'm not liking Kreriov's "chomping at the bit" statement. You can look at 202 and see I'm not a hundred percent behind it.

Kreriov: Can you give us some good reasons / links to why you believed Archon's role claim, despite not being a jobber yourself?

I'm still on Locke, I think. If Archon's vote on me seemed "incredibly scummy" (213), why did it not come up until today?

I'm also not
the rest is cut off as massive is hit over the head with a chair and drops to his knees, clutching his forhead…
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:21 am

Post by massive »

Don Johnson's vote on Fabian is horrible.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 am

Post by massive »

DDD: Because Fabian is as close to confirmed town as you can get so far? No scum is going to go on record as thinking their partners fake claim sounds believable. Also, his 6/7 vote in post 201 and explanation in 203 come across as very genuine. I mean, Locke's reasons for voting Fabian in 240 are ridiculous because it practically has to presume that Fabianscum was waiting for Archontown to claim, which we know wasn't the case. But DJ's "yeah what Locke said" vote is just blatant bandwagoning.

Clothesline From Hades: don_johnson
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:47 am

Post by massive »

Locke: Post 263 is WIFOM in regards to your response to me as well. Obviously me saying "no scum" is hyperbole and should have been read as such; trying to bring WIFOM examples into the discussion doesn't change the fact that Fabian was the FIRST person to believe Archon's fakeclaim and did so for mostly-likely legit reasons.

Can we please lynch don_johnson now?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by massive »

hambargarz: I saw your vote. Trying to call your "overkill" vote of Archon a "simulpost" is really pushing it, since anyone can go back and see that it came about fifteen minutes after the hammer vote.

Michinoku Driver '07: hambargarz
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by massive »

Please dear god lynch don_johnson tomorrow.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:04 am

Post by massive »

Good, so, would you like to discuss why on earth you lynched hambargarz with three days left on the deadline?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by massive »

Styles Clash: don_johnson
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:11 am

Post by massive »

I haven't seen a pro-town action out of the person I'm voting for this entire game, from his "what person X above me said" bandwagoning votes to his lack of participation in any actual scumhunting. I still don't see any reason to believe he has a voting restriction, which means can we lynch him now?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by massive »

Then your randomness and your willingness to off a townie two days prior to deadline mean we don't need you. You certainly aren't HELPING.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by massive »

I have not indicated I knew anything of the sort, DJ, but thanks for pushing that onto me. There is no way to read your quickhammer of hambargarz as anything other than a willingness to lynch ANYONE, heel or town, which to me is probably indicative of being the third killing party. Now that I've had a chance to really think about it, it fits your actions pretty well.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:52 am

Post by massive »

DDD: And given the sample PM and Archon's claim it seems obvious that scum were provided with safe claims so I'm not understanding why Kreriov is all-in on DJ's breadcrumbing proving his innocence.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:01 pm

Post by massive »

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it's necessary. I think, in the grand scheme of things, missing Austin and The Rock is the bigger issue, but this is evidently "old school" WWF Mafia and not really WWE Mafia, and I don't think metagaming the mod is necessary here -- including Hogan as a fake claim would constitute "including" him.

And your vote is so worthless at this point that you may as well just move it onto someone else with your next post.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 am

Post by massive »

I'm Duke "The Dumpster" Droese, babyface Jobber.

Whoever is last is last.

Kreriov: don_johnson does not get a "free pass" because he breadcrumbed in a role. If Mafia have false claims, it is just as likely that they would breadcrumb in their fake role, and simply excusing his poor play because he called someone BROTHER once is sloppy at best and criminal at worst.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 am

Post by massive »

I still think DJ is the better lynch.

DJ: In post 323, you claim two things that I have questions about. One is that if I read you "in iso" that I'd see that hambargarz was one of your early suspicions. Well, I read you "in iso" and all I noticed is that by the time you hammered hambargarz you had voted for all of us at least twice. (Hyperbole.) Your first vote for hambargarz was because he was "opportunistic scum" but you say in between your hambargarz votes that you actually prefer other people.

1. Can you give us a better indication that you actually thought hambargarz was scum?
2. Can you give us an idea why you wanted us to read you "in iso", when this removes the context of all your "^^ what he said" posts and makes it clearly obvious how little work you're doing?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:02 am

Post by massive »

I ....
<Before massive can complete his thought, Locke offers his hand in congratulations...>
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:02 am

Post by massive »

I still have no idea what's going on. :D

-Sorry, that last "day" was just for flavor, I hope it isn't too confusing.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by massive »

We really should have discussed the "two kills each night" thing. I thought, at first, that the tag-teams were like brother-sister type roles -- one dies, they both die. I honestly did get to a point where I was sure Don was a renegade element.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:29 am

Post by massive »

I had initial issues with the posting guidelines.

I got better. :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”