hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Ok. A bit of an accelerated game here. Reading everyone's posts, my knee-jerk reaction is to change my random vote and

Jackhammer: xxFabianxx

His posts struck me as a bit too diplomatic and is making me uneasy
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by hambargarz »

@Kise
Being diplomatic not necessarily, but being overly so is suspicous to me. Scum tend to want to be friends with everyone and calm down escalations (as it prolongs things). It's only 2 posts but thats the most suspicious thing I've seen so far so my vote stands.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by hambargarz »

@massive in post 47
Attacking ad hominem, ie Criticising your attacker for not scum hunting himself diverts attention but doesn't actually address the points raised against you.

@Archon, I thought you were pretty townie until I've read your last couple of posts, you are acting very defensive/wishy-washy of your own voting even though no one has questioned you yet.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by hambargarz »

I had assumed the point you were reacting to was post 35. Specifically the point that you had done "zero" scum hunting and were criticizing other players reasons for voting. Your reaction was to say that "you (I'm assuming VP) haven't done any scum hunting" and voted him in return.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by hambargarz »

I was going to vote archon but couldn't double post.

@archon, I must have missed that post, but my point still stands, you're response for very defensive and wishy washy. It is as if you were backing away from your vote.

Regarding Don Johnson, yes I agree. He hasn't done anything but switch votes around, with little or no input.

I was about to say he appears to be following the crowd, but he didn't hop on the massive wagon. (which I don't think is grounded that well anyway) so his voting isn't entirely random.

He is being the least helpful and hence anti-town here. I would like to encourage him to participate in a more meaningful way so.

corkscrew moonsault: Don Johnson
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Whoops, didn't know page 6 was here, ah well here's my post for page 5..

I am tending to agree with Archon regarding DDD. In the absence of solid facts, I'm leaning towards believing Archon's claim. Everyone knows my stance on massive, so DDD's post 121, looks to me as opportunistic scum

Slingshot: DDD

He is most suspicious to me at the moment, and first glimpse at page 6 ...

IGMEOY: sotty7

I don't see a logical reason for DJ to fake a post restriction like that. I don't think it protects him from lynch at all.

If we need a lynch by deadline, I'm fine with locke
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by hambargarz »

@DDD post 140
Yes, I did prod massive a bit, and for the most part I am not as suspicious of him given his conduct. I don't think I ever agreed with any of the points made against him and I never voted him or condoned his wagon. If anything I was suspicious of the people hopping on what I thought was wagon built on with weak reasoning.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by hambargarz »

@locke: No, I just missed page 6 thats all. I finished page 5 and was typing out my reply. Once finished I was about to send it when I noticed page 6 was there unread. Not wanting to lose what I wrote, I just cut and pasted what I was originally going to say into my new post (referring to page 5 posts)

@sotty7: DJ has now revealed himself, so his post restriction is no longer up for debate. At the time, I didn't see any reason for anyone to fake a post restriction. As DJ has mentioned he has been apparently using some gambiting/scumbaiting tactic.

I live down under so alot of posts happen when I'm sleeping. Since I'm likely to miss alot of things before deadline here are my top suspects for today.

DDD (remains my top suspect)
with sotty7/Kise as a possible second.

Locke isn't on my list,
<Mean Gene:> OH WHAT A CHOP, RIGHT ACROSS THE THROAT! <Bobby:> THAT shut him up.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Deadline is 2300 GMT -6, so that makes me 16 hours ahead (it's currently 12 Noon 16/07/09)

So is that 27 hours from now? that can't be right can it?
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by hambargarz »

@DDD: Not just Archon, it was massive as well. It smells of opportunistic wagon jumping to me.

Regarding Archon, he's not totally clear, just low on my list. He has displayed wishy washy defensive behaviour which I've pointed out in the past. His recent posts 172 and 168 smell like stalling/active lurking.

If consensus is needed due to the deadline, then I will be willing to vote Locke or Archon, I thought I should state who I think should go from my perspective.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Were you just waiting for DJ to vote before following him?

Yes, I'd rather lynch someone low on my list than no one at all. No lynches are bad in my book so I'd rather reach consensus even if it means compromise.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by hambargarz »

@DDD post 186: So you do admit following another person to vote. If you truly believe that I was where you're vote should be, you should have taken action and just voted. This shows you have a clear position. Waiting for someone to vote and following that vote makes you appear wishy washy and opportunistic. As if you weren't going to follow up your position if you were the only one. A very scummy play in my opinion, a townie who truly thought I was number one scum candidate would have conviction and not have to seek "pre-approval" from other players.

@DDD post 189: I believe lynching a townie is still better than no lynch. Without some kind of extra information (having a power or being scum) there is no way to be certain that a player is town. If you "firmly believed" a player was town, and everyone though he
WHAM, <Bobby:> WHAT A PERFECTLY EXECUTED BACK-BRAIN KICK!!!
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by hambargarz »

I think you might have misunderstood me or maybe I wasn't clear.

I meant, lynching a townie or someone you don't particularly want to lynch is better than not lynching. I'm talking about voting when the deadline is close and consensus is needed. It's irresponsible to the town to risk no lynch.

When I referred to voting who you believe is your number one, I meant this in another context. ie. no danger of no lynch/no consensus forming without your vote.

I don't like the way you interpreted my post though, maybe you are forming some bias against me (tunneling perhaps), or maybe you have an agenda and are just searching for anything to argue against me.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:33 am

Post by hambargarz »

I wasn't expecting Archon to flip scum. I've been rereading with that developement in mind.

I think it's likely there is scum on Archon's wagon.

The arguments on kreriov make sense and he does look suspicious. Though you can say the same thing about his behaviour as you can with me as I chose to believe Archon's (fake) claim.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by hambargarz »

@locke: Yes, I'm not as suspicious, also having reread day 1 with the Archon as scum result in mind. But he's far from townie looking still.

@SpyreX: I don't quite follow your reasoning, wouldn't townies also be wondering "what is a jobber"?
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by hambargarz »

@sotty7:

57, If I were scum, I wouldn't coach my partner by bringing attention to him like that. I would be doing more harm than good

84, I was going to vote him in the previous post believe it or not. DJ caught my eye after fabian mentioned he wasn't helping. I wanted to apply a bit of pressure on DJ at that point.

136, that post would have been after his claim. I took a chance and chose to believe the claim. There were other more suspicious players at the time for me

I also simul-posted with spyrex hammering archon, the vote has been deleted due to word count though. Perhaps some of you saw it before it was removed
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Post by hambargarz »

oh dear, that's a hammer I think, I didn't even get to claim.
well played scum.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:19 am

Post by hambargarz »

Hmm dunno if I'm still allowed to talk..

It's a pity I didn't get to claim, I had a good, semi-breadcrumbed and provable claim that would have confirmed me town. Ah well, guess you'll all have to see me flip.

I'd say more but I think it may be unfair and breaking the rules.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by hambargarz »

I was a bit confused, What were all those "jobbers"? I'm assuming they were another scum faction.

And VP, it didn't occur to me that you could be scum. Though I don't regret it. I would prefer to have the least number of suspects to concentrate on as possible.

I DID think it a bit strange you asked for my role and name without stating yours.

I knew DDD and Sotty were likely scum, couldn't find a good case, it was more the vibe from their posts. I didn't suspect Locke as much though. DJ was hard for me to read. I didn't know what to make of him so I kind of ignored him.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by hambargarz »

No hard feelings DJ

And yes, I liked the ruleset for the game. I liked how it kept things moving and from what I played I liked the quick deadlines.

Since I'm in a very different timezone, there was usually alot of posts at once I had to address. So there were times where I wanted to write more but couldn't. I had to wait for another person to post, but that usually happens when I'm sleeping so when I come back theres another couple of pages of posts to go through and address.

Though I understand the reason behind the rule, and still like it.

Undecided on the no-quote rule. There were times I wished I could quote, or wished others could to save me looking up stuff. But yeah, excessive quoting can be equally annoying.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Post by hambargarz »

I'd like to play another game too...
Would I be able to "borrow" some of your rules for my own games?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”