Newbie 839 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Del »

I'm doing good!

Vote: Maemuki
for being bright and cheery, with rumors of Mafia stalking the streets.
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by Del »

unvote

Vote: Raskol

Foe having the 21st post in the thread.
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Del »

I'm not really sure how the game progress's past the RVS.

At this point in time, the only thing I can really do is find an reason to switch my vote to someone else on the list for no reason, which doesn't do anything, or attempt to sift through the posts for any sign of scummyness, and I don't think I can accomplish much except nitpicking and being condemed for it. I'm new to this and I doubt I can see the more subtle reasoning more experienced people use. Best I can hope for is someone declaring themselves Mafia :/

Dilemma much?
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Del »

Fos: DDD

For somehow not throwing out random accusations and votes during RVS.

unvote

Because Raskol's posts made me laugh :lol:
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Del »

Maemuki wrote:
Del wrote:

unvote

Are you trying to extend the RVS? And did you notice that we have, well, a person at L-1?
With someone at L-1, I assumed the RVS was over, hence my FoS. If I felt that we were still in RVS, then my reasoning wouldn't make much sense since he would still have time to throw out an accusation/vote or two.

And can someone correct me if I'm doing this wrong,
unFos
. Since he's explained why he didn't join in RVS.

As for Diakron, as tempting as it is since he's at L-1, hammering just for the sake of hammering isn't the best way to win games I'm thinking, so I guess I'll have a good look over his posts before I choose whether to hammer or not.

Slightly off topic, I understand about this game feeling slow (Mafia games I've played on other sites are much faster in terms of deadlines and such), but if that's how games are played on this site, then I have nothing against it.
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Del »

EBWOP

Bub Bidderskins wrote:My opinion on Diakron huh? Well, I don't know any more. He says he's played Mafia on another site and doesn't know what an RVS is, as well as taking the RVS way too seriously.

Having played Mafia on another site, I have never heard of RVS until stumbling upon Mafiascum. I guess browsing pages such as this:

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... reviations

And browsing some threads/guides.

Back on topic and in answer to Raskol's question about top two suspects, I cannot yet answer without saying none. I considered Diakron and Bub, but I somewhat dislike translating apparent newbieness and ignorance to scuminess. Of course, if it turns out they were feigning being newbs/ignorance, then I'm sure for my next game I'll have turned as cynical as any.
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Del »

Maemuki wrote:You did not understand my question. Did you? I asked if you were trying to extend the RVS, by [on my view] randomly voting Raskol. Did you have a serious reason?

I did not have a serious reason. The vote for Raskol was random, but I thought that the RVS was still going whilst the game was still on it's first page. Correct me if I'm going about the RVS in the wrong way :/

And apologies for under-contributing, I'd become a tad engrossed in a faster paced mafia game off site and may have forgotten about this a lil. I'll try to check up on this thread daily from now on!
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Del »

I'm confused here. You just asked me if I was trying to extend the RVS by randomely voting Raskol right?

My vote for Raskol was on the first page of the game, which is what I was referring to in my last post. I'm fairly sure that the game was very RVSish at that point, and I'm also pretty certain I've unvoted since then.
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Del »

EBWOP

I'm going to
Fos: Maemuki

Reason: for hounding me over a trivial RVS post I made early in the game. I'm also interested in the posts she's made about it.
Maemuki wrote:
Del wrote:

unvote

Are you trying to extend the RVS? And did you notice that we have, well, a person at L-1?

The first question she clarified to:
Maemuki wrote:You did not understand my question. Did you? I asked if you were trying to extend the RVS, by [on my view] randomly voting Raskol. Did you have a serious reason?
So, if I understand correctly (which I hope I do not, because mild confusion will arise as a result), you asked me if I was trying to extend the RVS by randomly voting for Raskol, based on a post in which I quite clearly removed my vote on Raskol.

Assuming you missed that post and were referring to the actual post in which I voted for Raskol, made during the RVS (I base this on bub and diakron voting for trivial reasons in posts made after mine, which I take to mean the RVS was still occuring when my trivial vote was made). So, how does that translate as an attempt to prolong the RVS, when others continued it instead?

Diakron 4 skitzo, Ibrahimagic, Tehstefan, Bub Bidderskins
Ibrahimagic 1 Diakron
skitzo
Tehstefan
Bub Bidderskins 1 Raskol
Del
Raskol
Maemuki
Debonair Danny DiPietro 1 Maemuki,

Not Voting

Debonair Danny DiPietro

Del
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Del »

EBWOP

I'm sorry for triple post, but after reading my post above, the part inside of me which constitutes english grammar died a little inside.

Assuming you missed that post and were referring to the actual post in which I voted for Raskol on Page 1, made clearly during the RVS*, then how do you translate that as an attempt to prolong the RVS?

*(I base this on bub and diakron voting for trivial reasons in posts made after mine, which I take to mean the RVS was still occuring when my trivial vote was made)
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:35 am

Post by Del »

Vote Tehstefan

Although I'm interested how FoS is a scumtell...
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:38 am

Post by Del »

EBWOP

Since I've used it with wild abandon!

And what's all this scum read/town read? If it's based on posts, what stops a particularly smart scum being a town read, and a paranoid, newish townie being a scum read? :/
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Del »

Eh, I put him at L-1 since that generally seems to be the best way to pressure people in this game.

Although Bub's post time being so soon after mine is awfully suspect. Are you allowed to build a case against yourself? :/

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”