Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by Mafia_failure »

Vote:Tororingu-chan

1. for being the first poster
2. for voting for me
3. for having a Spice and Wolf avatar
4. for voting two people at once
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by Mafia_failure »

DeathNote wrote:Try to
unvote
when you want to vote for someone else. Not required... but helps.

Vote: Tororingu-chan

Cause he tried to bandwagon... and off my VOTE!!!!

P.S. Bandwagoning is scummy guys. :D
Unvote

Vote:DeathNote

For calling a girl a he!
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Mafia_failure »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Just reading other games on the forum, I noticed a lot of conversation on whether or not random voting is necessary / helpful. Curious as to people's thoughts, especially those who have experience on this forum.

Also, a random question aimed more at the newbies, how much experience have you at this type of mafia (forum-based)?

Personally, I only have the bit of lurking and reading other games on this forum. I've played mafia with friends, but never before on forums with people I've never met. This is my first game.
Of course it is necessary. How else would people start an actual conversation? Would we have a serious post for the first post? If we did, it would be like blaming someone for no reason which is basically RVSing but only more serious. Besides we don't always want serious posts from the start and we want to gather tension up along the way anyway :)
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by Mafia_failure »

Since this is a newbie game, anyone could act stupid with out knowing it. I also find people who FoS suspicious unless they have two people to choose which in this case is what OMGLyncher did. Its not a good idea to Fos in RVS but nothing scummy or anti-town.
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:32 am

Post by Mafia_failure »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Me wrote:I noticed a lot of conversation on whether or not random voting is necessary / helpful. Curious as to people's thoughts, especially those who have experience on this forum.
Mafia_failure wrote:Of course it is necessary. How else would people start an actual conversation?
Some games start with random questions about how the game works, or just semi-loaded questions. People respond to them and work off those answers as leads to scum/townie.

Also going to
unvote
my completely random vote.
Tororingu-chan wrote:Answer seriously, because my vote isn't random!
If it isn't a random vote, what's your reasoning for voting? I'm unsure.
I think somehow that is what happening here
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Mafia_failure »

MiteyMouse wrote:Tororingu-Chan...How many games have you played? Actually, I'd love it if everyone could answer that one for me please.
this is my second game overall and my first in this forum if you wanted to know. I once in another forum but I failed hence my name
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Mafia_failure »

I did not find Omgl's FoS suspcious because there are two people he wanted to vote but you can only once. I will make an example since explaining it would be hard. So you have 2 people you want to but you can only vote once, right? So, he vote for the one who is more suspcious out of those two. However, because omgl's vote was basically a RV. Unless, if he is actually a scum, then he would know who is scum or not. It could be a trick but I don't know that for sure at the moment
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:59 am

Post by Mafia_failure »

I just realized that Pablo is an IC yet he hardly writes. That is reasonaly but
shouldn't he tell us tips or ways to play? Also, he unvoted when the RVS started to end which can be anti-scummy, especially if there is no reason for unvoting.
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:44 am

Post by Mafia_failure »

/me facepalms

I meant anti-townie >_>

Anyway I thought something happened that didn't happen.
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Mafia_failure »

PaltryExcuse wrote:At this point it is hard to tell, but the person I have my eye on the most is Mafia_failure. His vote started the bandwagon of T-chan, and moved to DeathNote starting a new bandwagon.

Part of me thinks these are joke votes as this happened within the RVS, but it nonetheless caught my attention. Thoughts Mafia_failure?
Of course they are jokes. I normally don't like things to start out serious, so I RV a while there is still a chance
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by Mafia_failure »

unvote

I started playing a game in another forum so I won't posting as much but i will still play but post not as much.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”