Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
OMGHammer
OMGHammer
Townie
OMGHammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by OMGHammer »

OMGUS VOTE: Pablo
for misinterpreting my name: Lynching is townie! Even worse you linked me to your fail! :oops:

FoS Deathnote
for not having the conviction to stay with his random vote: Could be that he's mafia trying to appear neutral
OMG
OMGHammer
OMGHammer
Townie
OMGHammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:28 am

Post by OMGHammer »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Just reading other games on the forum, I noticed a lot of conversation on whether or not random voting is necessary / helpful. Curious as to people's thoughts, especially those who have experience on this forum.

Also, a random question aimed more at the newbies, how much experience have you at this type of mafia (forum-based)?

Personally, I only have the bit of lurking and reading other games on this forum. I've played mafia with friends, but never before on forums with people I've never met. This is my first game.
No experience, but I've been looking around the forums as well as the random voting looks useful for starting debate. We'll have to start looking at everyone's randoms once everyone's involved for the voting patterns.
OMG
OMGHammer
OMGHammer
Townie
OMGHammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:26 am

Post by OMGHammer »

To be fair to Deathnote I'll
FOS Tororingu-chan
as well. The way they've ripped into each other I'm thinking that if one is town the other is mafia.
Still not enough suspicion to make me vote for one or the other though.
OMG
OMGHammer
OMGHammer
Townie
OMGHammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:24 am

Post by OMGHammer »

Thanks for the advice. I'll try not to make those sort of mistakes in the future. I just felt that it looked suspicious, but if all the veterans say it is normal then I'll shut up.
OMG
OMGHammer
OMGHammer
Townie
OMGHammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by OMGHammer »

Since everyone else is doing it, and since my only reason for my RV was a now nonexistent OMGUS I'll
unvote

The reason I chose to FoS rather than vote was because my suspicion was due to the early accusations of bandwagoning: voting for either party worsens the situation for the town and just drags me into the argument.
OMG
OMGHammer
OMGHammer
Townie
OMGHammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:14 am

Post by OMGHammer »

Sorry: I wasn't able to get on yesterday. I'll try and answer all the questions. Firstly: How many games have I played:
none at all
hence all my n00b errors. Think of me as a) overeager and b) drunk, and you have a pretty good idea of where I'm at.

T-Chan: Woah that is a scary number of questions (I guess I deserve them). I didn't want to vote because It looked like you and deathnote were both on L-2 at some point and if I'd voted then it would be easy for a quicklynch followed by me being implicated: result two (probable) townies lynched and we're down to lylo in addition to having lost (probably) an active scumhunter.

Why did I stay in the background after that? Lets see my post record for this game: 1 random vote (which the IC finds suspicious as well) plus 2 absolutely insane posts that are rapidly painting a bullseye on my neck. I think the town would be much better off if I'm not so active otherwise I'm going to confuse everyone and the scum will have a field day. That also explains why I wanted to have a good think before I defended myself: I'm a naturally argumental poster and in other forums I'm inclined to get in flame wars which will only help the scum.

Keep the noose around my neck for now: I need to earn my way out of this suspicion. :oops:
OMG
OMGHammer
OMGHammer
Townie
OMGHammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:54 am

Post by OMGHammer »

Tororingu-chan wrote:
OMGLyncher wrote:Why did I stay in the background after that?
Oh?? I thought you were only being inactive... so you were lurking....??? @_@; That's not a good sign!!
That is straw-manning my position somewhat. Both life and caution contributed to the time between posts. You cannot accuse someone of Lurking if they contribute with If I had posted with what I first thought, thereby passing your criteria for activity, I would have posted stupidly and replaced your baseless accusations with legitimate concern.
OMG

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”