Newbie 864 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Sweep »

/confirm
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Sweep »

vote: bach

Because.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by Sweep »

Firstly to address the panic caused by the wagon in the RVS stage, I was not worried as when has a wagon in the RVS ever led to anything and it is ridiculous to suggest that it ever would.

I do not like this from Ray as other people have pointed out.
I'm a seriously bad town but seriously decent scum player imo
This could be read either way as a town or a scum tell but my reading would be scum currently due to the confident nature of Ray's play and general attitude.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Sweep »

Okay, if your feeling lazy we should let this slide.

I don't understand how any of your posts are pro-town. Your just trying to get a senseless wagon started at first and then post some uncontructive short posts and now saying, I'm lazy so I can't be scum.

Example:
I foresee somebody calling that coaching my scum buddy. It will be hilarious to see who does it first.
Vote: RayFrost
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Sweep »

This is my second game, the first in which Zorblag played in with me. Scum ended up winning after a successful day 1 lynch.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Sweep »

and Pablo, I do not feel as though Scum are naturally like that, it always depends. I just felt that way after Ray's admission that he feels more confident playing scum and then his general attitude.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Sweep »

I would also like to hear more from Marcosh and other people.

I would also have to agree that I think the transition between RVS and normal play is irrelevant due to the insignificance of RVS.

Ray is such an obvious target currently due to his activity and prominence in the game, I still think he is slightly scummy but at this stage he is the only one who has said anything.

So,
Unvote

and let's hear what other people have to say.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Sweep »

How are you a less obvious target, you post after every single post and the sheer volume you post is going to make you an easy person to go after.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Sweep »

I unvoted Ray because he was the most obvious target so to speak and my vote on him was for mainly this reason I realised. Sure that joke could be interpreted as a tell but after reconsidering I am going to take it as a joke.

I'm going to do an iso of a few players later and post my thoughts then.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Sweep »

The great mystery to me is why I seem so scummy. I'm just here saying what I believe to be correct but in other people's eyes it is not. The simple fact is that I am a newbie town player who constantly gets bombarded with scum accusations when the probabilities that I am every game are very slim.

People are getting all worked up about how I placed vote and then took it off as people do all the time and if I was scum how am I ever going to win by not voting for anyone. In fact I was not the only player to do this as Bach removed his vote but everyone was satisfied with his reason.

My feelings at this point would be that Bach is most likely scum due to the jumping around on different players. Each post is isolated, after the vote there is no expansion on reasoning and instead is focused on defence.

Vote: Bach
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Sweep »

There are no excuses I was just flaking and reading the topic and not posting.

Parts, if I am correct the while case against me revolves around the fact that I unvoted for Ray and did not vote for anyone else. Why is this so scummy? I havn't jumped on anyone else (some might say that its because it would be too obvious) but the logical and rational reason is that I am not scum. People can FoS people all the time which in effect is finding them scummy, how is just placing someone under suspicion different to taking a vote off and keeping the suspicion on.

Someone tried to explain last game to me but i still don't understand what WIFOM is.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Sweep »

I believe that under certain conditions such as when there is an obvious scum player in which you are trying to get lynched you may notice another player who attracts your attention. Otherwise I see no space for FoS rather than a vote as as you say it carries no weight.

Also thanks for explaining WIFOM.
--

Under this logic
voted for somebody that he thought was the "obvious target" (scum vote for the easy people)

Then if people succeed in Scum hunting then they should not lynch them as they are not likely to be scum. The most obvious person is always the person which gets lynched due to the fact that they are the most obviously scum to most people.

Under this logic
and also: voted bach when suspicion was garnering around him
People would never vote for anyone if there was a vote placed on them. I can not see a single way which this is a scum tell. My point on Bach is solid and revolves around the fact that there is no additional reasoning to any of his votes.

Other thoughts for later.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by Sweep »

Are you saying that scum will never vote for easy targets? Ray is saying that it is easier for scum to jump on an easy target where they won't have to explain themselves.
I am saying that under Ray's logic that is what would happen as it would for any player but in the real world it is not true.

Also, I would like to lay out your thoughts.

My vote on Bach is reflective on the fact that he is most likely to be scum and how many people he has suspected so far.

So far: RayFrost
IKD
Sweep
All Lurkers
Rewq

That is called Risk bearing from where I come from and hence I believe that he is scum.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Sweep »

Firstly I believe that Bach is trying to start or jump onto a train. Post such as..
I would just be saying 'lynch lurkers' but 1) game is too small and 2) too many to choose from.
It not worth posting but for a scum player is testing the water and seeing if anyone else supports Lynch all lurkers to immediately improve the odds of a scum win.

Then you vote for IKD and with a little bit of pressure unvotes.

The vote for me as my Wagon picks up a bit of steam. Not only that but putting me at L-1.

Risk bearing is creating more options so if one of your options fails it is not the end of the world. In relation to Mafia, voting many people and hoping one of them gets lynched.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Sweep »

I'm game either way. I'm sure you would prefer me posting rather than lurking.

Okay, I retract what I said about the expansion of reasoning after another re-read of your iso. I did not go into enough detail when referencing your iso to the topic. The flipping around accusation stands though. I would like an explanation as to why you found so many people suspicious so quickly. I find this scummy because the tendency to flop around like you are doing can be used by scum to try to find an easy lynch.

You must be 100% certain that I am scum to put me at L1 but the evidence against me currently consists of

1) Unvoting Ray without a good reason
2) Not referencing an ISO to the actual post to put it in context

whereas your flopping about over many people is in my eyes much more scummy.

Mod: Can you prod Evilgorrilaz to post please, Not posted properly for a week.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by Sweep »

I want to hear from Pablo, Col Cathart, and Evilgorrilaz before we decide on wether or not to lynch Sweep.
As Pablo said the case against me was weak and hinges on exactly one fact.
Your trying to restrict the options here so that I am the only person going to be lynched.
If you truly think Sweep is being falsely accused, there is only so much time left to build a case on someone else.
While you also removed your vote from Ray and didn;t vote for someone else. You may have had a good enough explanation but then all the pressure was directed at me rather than you. Hence along with the vote changes my vote still stands.

IKD, Do you believe that changing your vote many times or without reason is scummy?
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Sweep »

Firstly I would appreciate it if people did not feel as though they had time to contribute to the discussion unvoted me so that I was not lynched at deadline by votes places a week earlier.

IKD I would like to hear your personal take on my case since you have had no original thoughts on my case since voting for me for
something just seems off
. You agree with Ray's explanation but I would like to hear your own specific take.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:31 am

Post by Sweep »

I am flippin terrified of getting lynched now I am at L-1 days from the deadline.

In response to CC, I guess I shouldn't be afraid to die but I do not want to be lynched by lurkers (or by anyone).

Still waiting for IKD.

Evil, You come back and just place a vote, in my eyes this is very scummy but for now my vote stays on Bach.

FoS: Evilgorrilaz
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:44 am

Post by Sweep »

Firstly I am still waiting on IKD for a response.

I have to agree with Pablo about CC's logic in his post.

Bach, I honestly don't buy "I did it to see what would happen". Anyone can say that about any vote they place and in my view is a complete cop out. It may be true in this case and people are going to say you are taking this stance because you want to lynch Bach but I would like more substantial reasoning if you choose to vote me again.
Wouldn't scum want to stay out of the spotlight though?
Classic WIFOM as others have mentioned.
Sweep was scummy because he bandwagoned and realized that bandwagoning is scummy. As is, it is a slight scum tell. I find your L-1 much more scummier. Your later justification seems much more appropriate (the inconsistent logic and such), but I cannot forgive you for your L-1 play.
I never "realised" that voting Ray was scummy and that is why I removed my vote. I did it because I didn't think that Ray was most likely to be scum at that point.

I would like to hear more from Parts as well as IKD.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Sweep »

Sorry for being away, been very busy. I am out all day tomorrow as well but will make an effort to post./
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Sweep »

Oh my now it is getting tasty.

I personally think that CC is town and I am very suspicious of Parts and RayFrost. As with other people I think this is incredible scummy. If you do not know then why do you believe it to be true..
I'll let Ray explain. If he's doing what I think he's doing this is the right move.
I want to hear what Parts actually thinks. Ray may indeed be a cop and then he is going to be in trouble with a claim,

I figured at the time what CC was doing but didn't want to post and wreck his well laid plans for catching scum. Hence I also watched as rewq was immediately jumpy.

About Bach, I don't know if I think he is scum or not anymore but has certainly taken a backseat in regards to Ray and Parts. His actions on day 1 to me were scummy but now he seems to be playing a much more town sided role.

RayFrost, Seems to be going after CC for not playing a pro-town role but has not provided any evidence to this and is just saying so. I would like to see some evidence about why you think that CC is scum because so far you have provided no reason for us to believe you.

and look what we have to follow this Parts jumping quickly onto the train with little reasoning from Ray.

FoS:Parts

Vote: Ray Frost
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Sweep »

Still waiting for Parts to post.
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Sweep »

Yeah I am here, Making a post now
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by Sweep »

@Sweep
Explain to me why you thought CC was attempting a gambit there and not didn't actually have a tell.
This doesn't make sense, please reword.
Only week more, and evidence against him are piling up, and sadly, people are not interested in Parts lynch. It's decision time, and he's the only one of my 3 suspects who is possible lynch range.
I agree that Parts is a very viable candidate to lynch. The main thing which I don't like is his quickness to jump onto the "gambit" started by Ray.

EG has gone to great lengths to confuse everybody with his logic and I think that he has mainly succeeded. I think his support weakens the case on Rewq though due to the fact that he believes that everyone is scum to justify a lynch.
seriously don't get what is so confusing. I know my role. I don't know anybody else's. So by default since I don't know what anyone else is, everyone else is scum. Therefore, since as a town person I want to lynch scum, I start lynching everybody else besides myself. However, along the way it makes more sense to lynch certain scum than others. I see this no different to what you guys call scum.
What is confusing is that fact that you have confused us all with your logic for a lynch.

Vote: EvilGorillaz
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #24) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:31 pm

Post by Sweep »

How about this. Pairings including rewq are scummiest ATM.

This still doesn't clear it up for me, you still believe that everyone is scum.

You started your thing with Rewq with "Wagon gogogo" which is not a reason and since then there has been very little reasoning to why you think he is scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”