Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:35 am

Post by imaginality »

/Confirm
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by imaginality »

I'm V/LAish this weekend but will try to get a proper post in tomorrow.

Carry on.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #456 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:44 am

Post by imaginality »

Back from my V/LA. How much have I missed? Oh shi.... *goes to reread*

Wooo caught up!

stream of consciousness stuff:

pops misdescribes sigma's semi-RV reasoning ('lynch' vs 'wagon')

@charter(109) - how would I say I'm V/LA without posting?

@hiphop(138) - the day i wrote my first post the focus was on going to the All Whites soccer match to qualify for the World Cup (that night and the next day was all about celebrating :D hence no post till now as I have just about sobered up now)

SpyreX wagon sucks (as of page 9) reasons-wise (fine if it's just for the sake of wagoning)

elvis is right re. calling people town, crypto looks scummy

mae is scummy (e.g. 360)

Hoopla's 417 is good points against IK

charter looks town to me

IK(431) is all kinds of wrong

IK can you point to any completed games you replaced out as scum?

Gut reads:

Town

charter, hito, Infinis, Pads, Red, SpyreX, elvis

Shifting from Scum to Town

hiphop, Vi, pops

Neutral

Everyone not mentioned

Shifting from town to scum

crypto, Ray, sigma

Scum

Penguin, CSL, Maemuki, IdiotKing

The lucky winner of a shiny new vote:

Vote: EnergeticPenguin
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #458 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:19 am

Post by imaginality »

I don't think you're obvscum by any means, yet. But my feel for you has shifted from leaning town to leaning scum. (In golf terms if town = slice and scum = hook, you = draw).

Looking at your posts in iso, the reasons below are probably why I have that impression. (As I noted, those reads are what my gut feels were after my reread.)

Early: people overly-criticising you for fluffy posts that seemed fine in the context of us being barely into the game (timewise). You seemed like an easy wagon for scum to hop onto.

Early middle: your self-pity in post iso19. But good points in iso23/24.

Late middle: implication of post 30 is mae is scum this game, but you didn't vote him/her (at a time you weren't voting anyone else either). But commented on IK's rolefishing.

Late: first, a period of lots of questions but not much comment, then, focusing solely on IK until your last post (at the time of me starting my reread) iso46, in which you say hiphop needs to post more but why just him, why not also me for example?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #691 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:12 am

Post by imaginality »

That two scumteams bandwagon was awesome, watching scummy players jump onto it like fish jumping onto a frying pan. Or something.

Crypto said the same thing about there being two scumteams in 577. Why didn't people pick up on it there? Makes it seem more likely that this wagon was a case of people jumping on charter's point.

Hoopla sure has been on a few wagons so far (though, not the ConfidAnon one). I think Hoopla and charter might both be town though which would mean the scum on the wagon are EnergeticPenguin and elvis_knits. Oh and maybe rofl too.

I'm also keeping a close eye on IdiotKing - his fence-sittingy post (652) gave him ample room to join the wagon but makes him look good if it goes nowhere.

Of course, all this doesn't mean crypto is definitely town, he could just be on the different scumteam to EP/EK/IK. But I'm not convinced by charter's 682 about crypto backing down in 676. I think crypto is most likely town.

Anyhow I like my vote on EP even more now. EK would be a good vote too though because of this plus being on ConfidAnon wagon (like EK) plus the deflection thing. I think we should wagon one of the two of them, I don't mind which but EP still has more votes on him (I think) so I'll keep my vote on him.

Maemuki's sniping of crypto from the sidelines looks scummy, and in other news the case against CSL also looks good to me. Conversely, I think Pads and RC are more likely town and I like Sotty's posts too.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #701 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:32 am

Post by imaginality »

rofl wrote:he used it to accuse idiotking of exactly the same thing - not taking a stance on anyone and leaving himself room to adjust his views to get in line with what other people are thinking.
crypto wrote:More scum points to Imaginality for softly accusing like fifty different people of scumminess.
Not seeing either point. In that post:

People I said look scummy: EP, EK, Mae, IK, CSL
People I was ambiguous about: Hoopla, rofl
People I said look towny: crypto, charter, Pads, RC, Sotty
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #703 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:40 am

Post by imaginality »

Re. Sotty, I like her style. She makes some helpful points e.g. iso 3 iso 5, and strikes a good balance between pressuring her suspect (sigma at the mo) and still noticing and questioning other people. Her playstyle seems pro-town to me and she hasn't done anything scummy that I can see, so.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #707 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:51 am

Post by imaginality »

Looking back at your other reasons for voting me:

I'm now seriously questioning why Elvis's one post was enough to give him a "shifting from town to scum" slant on me ...

The one post was all I mentioned in the stream of consciousness bit, but my gut read was based on having read all your posts. I can do as I did for RayFrost and expand on where that read came from but that post was more about summarising where I was at more so than why.

because I was the one who brought up the case against Mae, and if you look, Imag has a scum read on Mae. If he thinks Mae is scum, why is he so quick to be leaning toward a scum read on me?

Multiple scum groups means this point fails.

I find it especially dubious because I'm baffled that he finds Elvis's case against me so strong, but even without that bias this is a huge red flag. FOS: Imaginality.

Exaggeration: I didn't find elvis's case against you 'so strong', or I'd have put you in the clearly scum bracket.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #708 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:54 am

Post by imaginality »

charter wrote:
imaginality wrote:Crypto said the same thing about there being two scumteams in 577. Why didn't people pick up on it there? Makes it seem more likely that this wagon was a case of people jumping on charter's point.
Crypto didn't make that post, and it doesn't say anything about teams. Is that the correct post you are thinking of?
Ah, sorry, 1 off. 578:
crypto wrote:In this game, there are two factions.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #710 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by imaginality »

IdiotKing just now wrote:I like how you say this without commenting on the fact that I repeatedly tried to point out that it was an assumption. I made it very clear that I thought it was
stupid for people to vote for that reason
IdiotKing earlier wrote:
Tempted to vote crypto, but it's
a reasonable assumption to make in a game this large, isn't it?
The 'but it's...' implies that's why you were 'tempted to vote' for him. So you were tempted to vote for him for a stupid reason?

I agree that your following posts were more clearly against voting him for that reason, but the 'tempted' in that first post in the sequence sounds more fence-sitting-y.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #798 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by imaginality »

I think that puts us into the 24 hour zone of impending lynchiness.

Does another vote on the CSL wagon count for anything much now?

Probably not, he looks pretty much strung up - I don't see the majority vote changing in the next 24 hours (even in a game this fast). But no harm in helping y'all kick the stool from under his feet.

Unvote,
Vote: CSL

This is the majority vote. The 24 hour clock moves from here.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #800 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Post by imaginality »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 1 ) - SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 2 ) - Energetic Penguin - CSL
CSL ( 13 ) - RedCoyote - sigma - Pads - crypto - popsofctown - roflcopter - Infinis - shotty to the body - charter - hiphop - idiotking hoopla - imaginality

elvis_knits ( 1 ) - Vi
Energetic Penguin ( 1 ) - hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) - elvis_knits
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 1 ) - RayFrost
EtherealCookie ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 1 ) - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) - EtherealCookie - Psychologic - Maemuki
Total Votes ( 24 )

With 24 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Majority Reached. You have until Thursday at 5am to change votes.

I dunno, I don't expect to gain any significant town points from this vote if CSL flips scum. Nor should many other people on the wagon, mind you, what with him kind of painting a big "lynch me" on himself in his last few posts.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #917 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:39 am

Post by imaginality »

*scratches "Bah, go scum!" into the wooden wall of the sauna shortly before the heat overwhelms him*

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”