Newbie 869 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Arthur Dent »

Vote: Kami-Sama

For insinuating that you are a Japanese deity. Bah!
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

It is a important, and popular fact, that things are not always as they seem...
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Arthur Dent »

jee wrote:
Vote: Arthur Dent

You haven't been voted for yet... spreadin' the love.
Ooooo...I'm feelin' the love jee. : )

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

DarkLightA -

Previous experience with Forum Mafia: This will be my third game online. (I've played many a game in person)
What role do you prefer playing?: I actually prefer town. You get to play detective without having to worry about the consequences of dying. Town are more expendable than the doctor or cop.
How active are you, on average: I look at the board a couple times a day, but I may not post everyday. I try to, but I'm not very good at formulating arguments via a keyboard. I'm much better in face-to-face.

...and if I may throw my two-cents in this division on whether putting someone on L-2 is bad or not. I personally don't feel that's it bad to put someone on L-2, even this early. Somebody has to die sooner or later. Would it be better to lynch later, maybe. But at the same point, it gives the mafia more time to manipulate what little facts really do come out early.

I have to agree with SensFan's logic on this issue...but only his logic. I'm a little skeptical of Mr. Sens defensive attitude. He did seem a little anxious to pull the attention away from Eli. It there was no danger of a quick lynch, Eli should have had ample time to defend his actions. (Which he kinda did in Post 32, two posts before Sens interjected in Post 34)

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

SensFan wrote:
Arthur Dent wrote:I have to agree with SensFan's logic on this issue...but only his logic. I'm a little skeptical of Mr. Sens defensive attitude. He did seem a little anxious to pull the attention away from Eli. It there was no danger of a quick lynch, Eli should have had ample time to defend his actions. (Which he kinda did in Post 32, two posts before Sens interjected in Post 34)
I'm the resident IC for this game. My job is to make sure you guys don't get hung up on trivial details like that. It had nothing to do with defending Eli in specific, more just pointing out why the whole logic of attacking Eli is wrong.
Point taken. I'll admit I overlooked that fact.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

jee wrote:I have my reasons.
Vagueness gets you nowhere.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

Arthur Dent wrote:

...and if I may throw my two-cents in this division on whether putting someone on L-2 is bad or not. I personally don't feel that's it bad to put someone on L-2, even this early. Somebody has to die sooner or later. Would it be better to lynch later, maybe. But at the same point, it gives the mafia more time to manipulate what little facts really do come out early.

Quick L-2 DOES NOT equal quick lynch, and the way I'm reading what you wrote makes it sound like you don't mind a quick lynch.
Sorry, didn't realize I had address this. My philosophy is a quick lynch isn't advisable, but it isn't always a bad thing. Does that mean I'm going to advocate a quick lynch? Probably not. I didn't voe for RPG when he was at L-2 because I saw no need to. But had he been killed, it wouldn't have been the worse thing.

Again, somebody has to die eventually, so it's going to be fairly random anyways. I'm very rarely seen a mafia member get killed off in Day 1, so I'm a huge skeptic in believing that we can found out in time. Time gives any side the resource they need to manipulate facts.

On, and since we're past random voting:
Unvote

And jee, if you have your reasons, feel free to give them to us. I know I've been waiting for your reason to show up, because I'm not seeing it.

FOS: jee

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Arthur Dent »

Sorry for the disappearance!

I've been reading the thread, but I don't know what to add at this point. The whole 'DarkLightA vs. jee vs. deer vs. SensFan vs. Ellibereth' is getting a little bit overwhelming. I'm just not sure what questions to ask at this point.

At this point, I don't even have a strong enough leaning to even give some input or pressure on a player.
I'll reread the thread and see if I can find any information that hasn't been brought up, but it seems like to many players are on a defensive track to establish who's most likely trying to hide something.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

Arthur Dent wrote:
Sorry for the disappearance!

I've been reading the thread, but I don't know what to add at this point. The whole 'DarkLightA vs. jee vs. deer vs. SensFan vs. Ellibereth' is getting a little bit overwhelming. I'm just not sure what questions to ask at this point.

At this point, I don't even have a strong enough leaning to even give some input or pressure on a player.
I'll reread the thread and see if I can find any information that hasn't been brought up, but it seems like to many players are on a defensive track to establish who's most likely trying to hide something.

This post jumped out at me and I completely disagree with it. The WHOLE post is basically telling us he is fencesitting. You are trying to not take a side at all. There are always things to be asked.

FoS: Arthur Dent
Oh, an FoS! Exciting!

I'll admit, I'm an indecisive player. I don't like taking sides unless I have a gut feeling. Right now though my feeling is either Deer, jee, Ellibereth. DarkLightA's logic on Post 44 stuck out to me. I think the likely hood of one of the three being scum is pretty good.

I'm leaning toward Elli, based on his defensiveness when asked questions throughout the beginning. He tried to duck behind the same broken down logic of 'L-2 doesn't equal lynch.' Also, he tried to shift any responsability of a kill to the players who 'hammered' saying they would be scum. Maybe it's just me, but I read all of his post as awfully defensive.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

And something has bothering me with ArthurDent

Arthur Dent stuck out a lot to me after his #122. This is a bad case of fensesitting and it stuck out a lot. Scum players can be indecisive because they know who the real mafia is. Its easier for them to not get involved with accusing someone, then it is to lurk and fense sit. After I accused him of it, all he had was:

Arthur Dent wrote:
I'll admit, I'm an indecisive player. I don't like taking sides unless I have a gut feeling.
He blames his very scummy post on his playstyle.

Unvote
Vote: ArthurDent
I'm a bit baffled at how I'm fence sitting. A fence sitting is someone who's torn between two sides, but I've already said that I have one way I'm leaning. So if I am fence sitting, then the two sides are 'am I right? and 'am I wrong?' And if that's scummy, you'll have to explain it to me, because I don't get it.
Plus, I'd rather be an 'indecisive player' than use the erratic play style you've been using.
Arthur Dent: I really have one question for you. If you had facts on a person, would you vote them? Or do you only go off "gut feeling"... because that's a horrible way to go about this game, IMO.
Oh, goodness, if I had facts on a person, I'd vote for them in a heartbeat. Anybody's initial instinct can be wrong. But, from my experience, people instincts can be good ones. The fact may come over the instinct, but I've always believed in following your gut until either more proof comes along to prove or debunk your initial gut.
Currently, my gut is still telling me Elli.

I was waiting for him to get back from his absense. But with three votes, I may not get a chance too.

Vote: Ellibereth

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Arthur Dent »

@Art:
What the hell are you talking about. L-2 does not equal a lynch. If anyone had quick hammered they would be scum. Your logic is broken, not mine.
Where have I ever mentioned L-2 equals lynch? I agree with you that it doesn't, and I think I already said I agree. This has to do with your playstyle, not your logic. As I said, your reaction to everyone was pretty defensive for someone who, if town, would have nothing to hide.

Many of your posts have all revolved around a broken arguement, L-2 doesn't equal lynch. There is only so long a person can hold out the same argument before I become suspicious.

The term 'broken record' isn't just in the public idiom, it's also used in the realm of psychology in reference to a guilt person who uses tired logic because in their mind they are convincing others he is innocent. It's not a sure sign, by all means, but its enough for me to be suspicious against you.

But for playstyle that's really pissing me off... I don't know what happened with DarkLightA, but I reread the thread after my holiday...WTF? If he isn't scum, he sure isn't playing pro-town.

My eye isn't off you Elli, but I'm going to go overkill on this one.

Vote: DarkLightA

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Arthur Dent »

Realized I didn't unvote:

Unvote; Vote: DarkLightA

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

... uh oh ... maybe he OD'd on tryptophan. Not good.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

... Gosh, I hope he really didn't OD on tryptophan. Then it'd tragic and highly ironic.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”