eleven knives in a throat
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by eleven knives in a throat »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@Debonair Danny DiPietro: I shouldn't read your posts in the library. They don't appreciate loud noises such as laughter.

@muh316: I've only finished one game on the site, so I'm relatively new. I'm in 3 others currently.
Weirdly enough, when you put Torqez on L-4 because you wanted a bandwagon, you left the bandwagon on JVW that was at L-4.
:shock:

Unvote
Vote: PaltryExcuse
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:47 pm

julienvonwolfe wrote:Please do feel free to explain the change of votes when you're ready.
You don't think ":shock:" is explanation enough?

Okay, it was a reaction test. Sort of a "throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks" thing, if you will. Only reason I'm admitting to this before PE has even reacted is I've now got a better way to begin discussion.
Josh Lyman wrote:Three posts, no content. I tend to agree with D3 -- let's lynch the admitted useless one.
"tend to agree"? That's not a phrase people normally use when they agree with
one
person on
one
point. It's an indirect way of stating your thoughts, (as opposed to the more direct "I agree with D3",) and that's a sign that you know your thoughts are wrong.

In fact, I looked through Josh's finished games. Admittedly the sample size is small, but I noticed in one of his scum games, Mini 799, that he used several indirect thoughts (mostly in the form of "so-and-so doing such-and-such is pinging my scumdar") whereas in his town games he's more direct with his thoughts.

Unvote
Vote: Josh Lyman
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:27 am

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Sure, call it that if you like. Seriously, I had a large normal game a few months ago where the entire scum team was extremely apathetic about playing and yet none of them replaced out. Why? Because players usually enjoy being scum and feel an obligation to the role more than they do as a random townsperson. So Torquez was providing pre-emptive cover for their lame scummy behavior in the future and we should string 'em up.
People enjoy playing as scum more than town, so we should lynch apathetic players? :?
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:58 am

Hey Josh Lyman, I saw you /in for another game,
after the prod went out
. Hows about you play in the game you're already in first?
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Josh, I was hoping you'd response to this:
eleven knives in a throat wrote:
Josh Lyman wrote:Three posts, no content. I tend to agree with D3 -- let's lynch the admitted useless one.
"tend to agree"? That's not a phrase people normally use when they agree with
one
person on
one
point. It's an indirect way of stating your thoughts, (as opposed to the more direct "I agree with D3",) and that's a sign that you know your thoughts are wrong.

In fact, I looked through Josh's finished games. Admittedly the sample size is small, but I noticed in one of his scum games, Mini 799, that he used several indirect thoughts (mostly in the form of "so-and-so doing such-and-such is pinging my scumdar") whereas in his town games he's more direct with his thoughts.

Unvote
Vote: Josh Lyman
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:20 am

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Town are more likely to flake than play a game they’re cold on, scum is more likely to smother a game in non-participation even if they’re cold on the game.
Do you have any numbers to back this up? I doubt flaking rates are noticeably different between town and scum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Torquez opened the game making pre-emptive excuses for lazy scum behavior, instead of waiting for it to happen and damaging the game we should lynch them instead.
:shock: We should lynch him now instead of waiting for scum behavior? How can that possibly be a good idea?
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Josh Lyman wrote:We are not exactly waiting for scummy behavior from Torq. He's admitted he's bored with Mafia, and if he's
that
bored, why enter a game? Why stay in a game? Why admit it in-thread? This is just too unusual to be pro-town.
I guess it is illogical for Torqez to decide to play a game if he finds it boring. But I still have no idea how in the hell that's an alignment-influenced decision, seeing as how he made it before he had an alignment.

As to why he would admit he's bored if he was town, that's a no brainer. He supported the no-kill plan, and felt it necessary to give the reason he supported it, and that reason happened to be because he's bored. I find that infinitely more believable than the idea that he thought claiming to be bored would somehow give him a get out of noose free card.

I mean really, when have you ever seen a townie say "Unvote: So-and-so, he probably just committed those scum tells because he was bored"?
Josh Lyman wrote:
eleven,
why are defending Torq so vehemently?
I'm not defending him. I'm questioning the guy who's attacking him.

And since that guy's brushing me off, let's see if I can't get his attention the hard way.
Unvote
Vote: DDD
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:29 pm

Unfortunately something's come up and I won't be able to play this game. I'm very sorry :(

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”