Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

muh316 wrote:SO i have a question for all of you. What are your experiences with mafiascum. Have you played in other sites? or are you still a newbie.
I've played a handful of games here (as well as a few elsewhere). [Note to self: create MS.net wiki page.]

I consider myself newish, relatively.

vote: muh316
for, well, some reason. [See, this is why I
hate
RVS: I never know when it's over.]
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Scott Brosius wrote:
Vote: eleven knives in a throat

Probably scum using a very long name so people won't vote for him. Also the name doesn't lend itself to a good nickname.
What's wrong with "eleven"?

Say, do you have any sense of anyone else yet?
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:20 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

eleven knives in a throat wrote:
FoS: JVW
for making me use a dictionary.
FoS: eleven
for limited vocabulary.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Torqez wrote:Day 3? :?

I think you mean Day 2.

Usually I'm opposed to the no-lynch idea ...because lynching is our only method of killing as town, and we'd waste an opportunity.

But atm, I'm getting bored of Mafia (going through a phase :() ...so i'd be willing to try anything for the sake of variety!
Three posts, no content. I tend to agree with D3 -- let's lynch the admitted useless one.

unvote
vote: Torqez
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Chinaman wrote:JL - Why are you voting Torq?
I voted for him because he admitted (to my way of thinking) that he was bored with Mafia and wasn't going to contribute much. No matter what he specifically, actually,
said,
that's how I interpreted it.

He has since been more active, therefore:

unvote
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

julienvonwolfe wrote:JL, what are your own opinions of your activity in this game?
I will admit I'm not playing this game as well as I could be. I attribute this to inertia -- the game got going pretty quickly and I meant to come and post, and then there was more to reply to, and the longer I waited the more there was to reply to, and so on. Like a snowball.

I know I have to do some heavy lifting to redeem myself, and that (hopefully) will come real quick.

eleven:
I'm sure you'd love to have a response to that. I'm working on one. Really. (Don't hold your breath.)
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

eleven knives in a throat wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Town are more likely to flake than play a game they’re cold on, scum is more likely to smother a game in non-participation even if they’re cold on the game.
Do you have any numbers to back this up? I doubt flaking rates are noticeably different between town and scum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Torquez opened the game making pre-emptive excuses for lazy scum behavior, instead of waiting for it to happen and damaging the game we should lynch them instead.
:shock: We should lynch him now instead of waiting for scum behavior? How can that possibly be a good idea?
We are not exactly waiting for scummy behavior from Torq. He's admitted he's bored with Mafia, and if he's
that
bored, why enter a game? Why stay in a game? Why admit it in-thread? This is just too unusual to be pro-town.

I know I said he's been more active, so I moved my vote, but --

Wait. Just had a thought.

eleven,
why are defending Torq so vehemently?

vote: eleven
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

@Chinaman: Please explain to me what good a tool is if it isn't used. Also, can you tell me what events would have to fall into place in order for you to cast a vote?

Also, please tell me your thoughts on RVS and potential reasons for avoiding same.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

Chinaman wrote: @Josh L: You start your last post looking as though you were going to get behind a Torque lynch, yet in the same post, you switch it around and Vote eleven after asking him a question. I would like you to explain why you voted eleven in this instance. What does voting him accomplish at this point? Basically, the same question I had for Torq and others above. Also, if you just had a thought in the middle of a post, why not erase the thought before it? What was your strategy in posting one thought but casting your vote on another thought (which is a question you didn't wait to be answered)?
What question didn't I wait to be answered? I'm not clear on that bit.

I didn't erase my thought because I wanted on record my reasoning for moving my vote off of Torq.

I am not sure how to explain my reasoning for actually using my vote, as we seem to have a fundamental difference of opinion as to how to use a tool at our disposal (see my previous post).
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Chinaman wrote:
Josh Lyman wrote:@Chinaman: Please explain to me what good a tool is if it isn't used. Also, can you tell me what events would have to fall into place in order for you to cast a vote?

Also, please tell me your thoughts on RVS and potential reasons for avoiding same.
I personally believe that tossing a vote around makes it less effective as when you vote someone and put pressure on them, then vote someone else not long after, it reduces the meaning of the vote and the pressure you wish to apply. I say this because if someone has voted for 3 people, then finds something I say to be worth a vote and then they vote me, I'm not as worried because that vote is probably coming off me and going onto someone else in the near future. I'm not saying voting is scummy or even voting lots of people on the same day is scummy, I'm just saying it reduces it's effectiveness. I will vote for someone when I think they are scum.

As for RVS, I think it's stupid. It's a necessary evil if you will. I posted a post during it random voting everyone (which you can't really do) because in my eyes, it doesn't matter who you vote for in RVS. That's just me.

As for your vote on eleven:
JL wrote:Wait. Just had a thought.

eleven,
why are defending Torq so vehemently?

vote: eleven
You have a thought, ask eleven why he is defending Torq and then vote him. It just seemed like you don't really care if he answer it or not. This is coming from my above belief about voting mind you, so I am just wondering if you want him to answer you question and if so, was this a pressure vote to make him answer? Do you believe eleven is scum?
I do want him (or replacement) to answer the question; although the replacement may not be able to, so I may have to ignore that, unfortunately. It
was
a pressure vote (these things are not secrets in my world). I think eleven may be anti-town; I'm trying to elicit discussion in order to determine further.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

EBWOP: I think generally, only town replaces out except in highly unusual circumstances.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Torqez wrote:Sorry havn't read up.

Mod: V/LA till 16th Dec
[rhetorical]

Wondering if this has any connection with the post immediately previous.

[/rhetorical]
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

don_johnson wrote:part of why i'm claiming is to put it out in the open early and give town more choices in how to deal with it, rather than risk claiming later in the game with less credibility under pressure and losing a key town advantage.
I think the
real
reason you're claiming is to draw attention AWAY from yourself -- if you've already claimed town, after all, how can anyone
possibly
think you could be scum? Based on this, and the reasons I voted your predecessor, my vote remains.

We need more don_johnson votes, guys. We're running out of time (less than a week).

I am not trying to pull the time thing in order to quicklynch -- I merely think that this is our most likely scum, and thus needs to be lynched. Stat.

I invite and welcome discussion on this point.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

CallMeLiam wrote:I think the case on d_j is pretty slight actually, and his bulletproof status (if genuine) is pretty handy to the town especially later in the game. If we have a vig I'd suggest they test his claim out tonight to prepare for the late game. I think that your pushing of a lynch on him is pretty suspicious too I might add Josh.

Ultimately we do need to lynch today and I maintain that julien hasn't done anything decisive since I've been here and certainly not before that.
Are you advocating a no-lynch? I hate that.

I am not pushing; I very clearly said I was inviting discussion on the topic.

If he truly is bulletproof, he could be useful. It's just my opinion, based on what he said (and other things, as I mentioned) that he's lying scum.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

muh316 wrote:Oh sorry I didnt notice this game *starts watching this topic* there. now im going to read.

After TWENTY posts, you try to pull this garbage?

Way to slip, scum. Get lynched.

unvote
vote muh316
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

Regarding muh: I just think that the way he phrased it sounded like he was trying to appear innocent, as though he actually hadn't realized the game had started. That is honestly how I parsed his post 188, so I checked his posts; when I found TWENTY of them, I basically lost it. Yes, I have a life, but I do know which games I'm in, whether or not my browser crashed or whatever. I still think his attitude is very anti-town, especially since he promised to be more active; he had two posts within 30 minutes, and now nothing. Can we say "active lurking?" IMO, muh should rectify this. Soon.

unvote
FoS: muh
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

@Mod: I am going to be partially V/LA until Monday. "Partially" means I may only be online once per day.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”