Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:04 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Just so I'm clear, is our 'Day' when the Fight Club is open, or closed? Because it sounds like Richard was shot at night, but that may not be the same as our 'Night' phase.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:04 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Drummer wrote:Hello everyone. Vote: Mr. Flay because he didn't vote me. And that's pretty suspicious.
:shock: :roll: Stunning logic you got there clarinet-boy.

But I'm more suspicious of Sineish's "I'm not random voting, except then I will" post.
Vote: Sineish
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:35 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Crola wrote:
Commodore Amazing wrote:
The mod wrote:If its your first day at fight club you have to vote.
Can't argue with that.
vote: Aelyn
Wait, when did warpdragon say that?
Post #8, above. I missed it the first time too.

I'm really not best pleased with Sineish's non-random vote, since he's claiming spurious reasoning for it; what difference does the order in which spork signed up have on whether or not he's scum? You do know roles are randomized here, right?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sineish wrote:I have read many posts by experienced players in this forum stating claiming not to like random voting on day one and others saying that they never random vote, yet I guess there is a critical mass of support for it, so I will try and do so in future.
I think you misunderstand me. I am *not* a random voting Nazi; I don't even like it all that much as a concept anymore. I think it's silly when everyone crafts their first vote so that everyone ends up with "Player - 1 (OtherPlayer)" in the vote count. All that does is delay the real start of the game, and MAYBE give you some data later on on who voted/didn't vote for whom in the initial stages (scum are famous for using random votes as cover for their buddies).

What I am objecting to is the fact that you said you were NOT random voting, which I presumed to mean that your vote later that post would not be random either, and then proceeded to vote for someone based on an out-of-game factor. Aelyn's vote for Commodore Amazing having two words in his name was random, and he said so. You voted based on when someone signed into the game, and continue to claim that that is not 'random'. Furthermore you say you have no information leading you to vote for that person, and continue to stick with a vote that you yourself admit has no basis in-game.

My vote stays. I don't know yet whether you're just using Bad Logic as a newbie, or Crap Logic to cover for a buddy later, but I don't like it. If you turn up lynched as town, then we'll have data based on who voted you, as well.
Drummer wrote:I am a flute-boy, not a clarinet-boy.
Oh, my mistake. :roll:
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:29 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I don't like Drummer's defense of another player at this stage in the game, but conversely, at this stage of the game it would be suicidal for scum to defend their partner. Drummer's not stupid, whatever else he is...

Unvote: Sineish, Vote: Aelyn
. Call it a hunch...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:35 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'd go with 1 or 4 at this point, olio. He could also be the "Jack's _____" articles from Reader's Digest, in the house on Paper Street. Though I'm not sure how that matters. Obviously one of the pro-civilization humans died last night, but that doesn't prove all non-humans are against the town.

Where IS everybody? Bit hard to play when no one's talking...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:27 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

The claim is sort of bizarre, but I'm not sure it's indicative of being scummy. For clarification, are you saying someone dies if you're lynched, or if you're night-killed, Crola? Anyway, if there's another Jack out there, they'll know it and when the time comes we can resolve the issue.

Meanwhile, Aelyn is happy to ignore my vote completely, which is...
interesting
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:50 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Well, you're right in that. I was really just fishing for a reaction, something to get the game started...

Unvote: Aelyn, FOS: Crola
. I'm not ready to vote you yet because it seems an improbable role claim, but the fact that you just NEGATED your own power by warning scum not to kill you is *really* scummy to me. If you're pro-town, that was extremely poor play. And if you're lying...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #53 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:30 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Drummer: Sometimes the mafia group has to select who will perform the kill. That's common in games with bombs/lassies/roleblockers, because who takes the action makes a big difference.

Crola: *snerk* You're too clever for your shirt. Really.

Where is everybody else? It's Monday...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #55 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:54 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Commodore Amazing wrote:Oh, and for what it's worth, KingEnigma's not scum.
Are we just ALL going to give out our roles on Day One here??? :shock:
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #61 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Revote: Sineish
. All of this claiming and speculation distracted me from my initial instinct, and if it pays off now, I've got a good idea who his partner might be (one of them, anyway).
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #66 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:53 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Crola wrote:
Mr. F wrote:Are we just ALL going to give out our roles on Day One here??? :shock:
Apparently, yes. Although, now that the ball is in motion, would it make sense to mass claim, or should we wait and pray that no one else role claims? There will be at least one more role claim today because if we are about to lynch someone, they will most likely roleclaim, and if we think the claim is satisfying, then we will do the same to another person, and another roleclaim will be out in the open.
Not necessarily. We could 'catch' a townie with a bandwagon, who will probably not roleclaim anything that would stop us, although they might give out their name. I don't understand your logic here - you seem to be saying that we shouldn't bandwagon because it might lead to outing power roles, which is Bad Play
(TM)
. I don't think you're particularly scummy, but that's mainly cause you're too erratic to read.

But in any case, I don't think a mass claim is in any way justified today.
Crola wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:Crola: *snerk* You're too clever for your shirt. Really.
Huh? I'm sure there's some deeper, probably sarcastic, meaning to this, but I don't understand it.
Yeah, mostly sarcasm. There's some purpose to outing yourself, but it mainly seems to be 1) keeping yourself alive, and not 2) using your ability to catch/kill scum. Since your role seems to say you are vengeful on nightkills, not lynches, and you were under no threat of even a daytime kill, I fail to see why you did it, except Bad Play. Someone else mentioned an excellent way you could have used misdirection to draw a scum kill on you.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #72 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:57 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Commodore Amazing wrote:Mr. Flay, is there something more to your vote on Sineish than just a hunch?
All of my reasons for voting Sineish have been stated in thread. If you're trying to get me to lay claim to more powers than I have, try again.

Too many lurkers already = not good. I know spork76 likes to lurk and he hasn't *done* anything yet I can put a put a scum rating to (mostly because he hasn't been around). Not willing to put the 5th of 6 votes on yet.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #83 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Commodore Amazing wrote:
unvote: spork76, vote: Mr. Flay
. I could also go for lynching d_rouge, but I don't want any more claims. We've already got like 5.
This is an amazing display of Crap Logic. Why will giving me (or d_rouge) 1 vote lead to a lack of further roleclaims? You *started* the trend, as I recall, with your "KE is innocent" bit.

I'd like to know what your reason for switching to me immediately from spork76 is... my vote on Sineish stands at the moment, as all of my other major suspicious parties have either roleclaimed or been vouched for. And yes, that includes you, Commodore, as much as I am reluctant to admit it.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #88 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:26 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Drummer - is there any logic to you name-claiming at this point, since you've been outed? I'm trying to sort out who might be an investigator for the town...Marla's the only one who comes to mind, or the arson detective.

Yarrr. So many claims out there... I'm still not happy that Sineish has fallen silent, but that may be because he's not come to the site like he's supposed to, not just in this game... :evil: looks like last post was Wednesday, in Jailbreak.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #99 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:40 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Bamboomancer: I'd say it's likely that we're not seeing some of the major characters because they're deeply involved in Project Mayhem. Chessler dying Night One and being pro-town seems to say that we're on the side of Law and Order and Society As It Stands. So if anything, that may be why we're not seeing the major characters. And despite all the "role" claims we've had, we've really only got three names so far that are still alive, right?

Drummer: I'm pretty sure Stern was the Detective investigating the Narrator's apartment explosion, yes. I find it *extremely* unlikely at this point that you'd be a cop-who-kills, theme-wise...

Sineish: Let me reread to see what I spotted before, it's escaping me right now who I thought was paired with you, and I didn't write it down at the time... :roll:
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #103 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:45 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Unvote: Sineish, Vote: olio
partly because he's been lurking around and not doing much. Yes, I saw the note about his graphics card...I'm talking about before that.

But mostly, it's because he's the person I was referring to when I said I thought I'd spotted a partner for Sineish. Since olio has someone else's vote and Sineish doesn't, I'm willing to test my theory the other way around. I believe that makes two votes...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #113 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:48 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

olio wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:Unvote: Sineish, Vote: olio partly because he's been lurking around and not doing much. Yes, I saw the note about his graphics card...I'm talking about before that.

But mostly, it's because he's the person I was referring to when I said I thought I'd spotted a partner for Sineish. Since olio has someone else's vote and Sineish doesn't, I'm willing to test my theory the other way around. I believe that makes two votes...
Can you please explain that theory of yours. I don't quite follow, I'm afraid.
Your posts have seemed very follow-the-leader so far, which always screams scum to me. In addition, when a player does things like ask questions of someone else in thread to which the answers should be fairly obvious, like your initial post to Sineish, it flips warning bells on me. You voted for Sineish but then the moment someone else posed a theory, even one as weak as CA's, you jumped ship. That looks like trying to establish a voting pattern, in my eyes.

And conversely, I'm not sure what to make of Sineish's rapid vote on you, based on what I wrote. Either he's trying to establish a voting pattern from his direction.... or he's scum and you're not, and he'd *much* rather test my theory this way around.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #123 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:51 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Crola, I thought you'd been replaced?

I'm still pretty happy with my vote as it stands. More later...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #128 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:11 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Well, hell. With Olio gone I'm willing to go back to my original thought, because Sineish is still playing scum games... the jumpiness of hid vote ans his parroting of other people makes me twitchy. I'm equally suspicious of both of them right now, but olio's absence will make it a little harder to pursue him...

Unvote: olio for now, Vote: Sineish again
. Hopefully come Monday we'll have a little more participation...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #138 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:52 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Unofficially, I've counted since the last time warpdragon did, and I think this is where we're at:
2 olio (Thesp, Drummer)
1 Spork76 (Aelyn)
1 d_rouge (KingEnigma, Sineish)
2 Thesp (olio, Bamboomancer)
1 KingEnigma (d_rouge)
2 Sineish (Mr. Flay, Commodore Amazing)

Not Voting: Spork
Something funny is going on here. Sineish and CA both keep vote-hopping onto bandwagons other people start. As Sineish already mentioned, CA and KE are linked so we may not have to worry about them yet (if they're town, one will likely die at night and we'll know about the other - if they're scum, we can always investigate/lynch them later). Even if I think Sineish is scum, that's decent logic. spork76 is silent, which isn't surprising, but it IS relevant that he was doing the same thing in Reservoir Dogs before he was revealed as scum. And just because he's investigative (knew Drummer) doesn't mean he's pro-town; there can be scummy investigators as well.

However, Raymond K. Hessel is very improbable as a mafia role with our supposed scum group (Tyler, Narrator, Bob, maybe Marla, etc)... unless the 'mafia' are the non-drones, those who have received enlightenment from Fight Club through one method or another. But I think I'm stretching, at least for Day One. Right now my biggest suspicions lie with Sineish, olio, and Commodore Amazing, with spork76 and Bamboomancer not far behind for sheer lurking value.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #141 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:30 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Commodore Amazing wrote:Something tells me the game is going slowly because the scum is not willing to join a bandwagon. Does that suggest going after lurkers? I don't know, but if it does, d_rouge and Bamboomancer become real suspects.
The game is going slowly because NO ONE is willing to join a bandwagon. I'm not sure what that means (it may be as simple as not wanting to out any more roles), but it's the largest part of the slowness of today, aside from any site-related lag, of course.

WHERE IS EVERYONE??? Cripes... you'd think I was talking to myself.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #149 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:34 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Wait, you are saying you cannot *ever* be protected or investigated, or you 'cannot' in the sense that it would be too late to save you if we lynch you today?

I can see a case for Marla being pro-town, but this claim has a stink about it...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #152 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:18 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

It's a crappy role to pull if true, but I'm not buying it. Unable to be night-protected, and unable to be investigated? What a tailor-made scum claim....

Yes yes, it is warpdragon, but this sounds too bad to be true.
Confirm vote: Sineish
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #165 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:33 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

So inquiring minds want to know, did we lynch Sineish right or not???!? :shock:

Anyway, here's my role. I thought warpdragon did a good job on these, shame that the game had to die before its time:
warpdragon wrote:You are the Penguin and may choose one person each night and let them slide. If that person is killed that night they will live to dusk. Or, if they are lynched the next day they survive to morning. If the same person is killed and lynched they will not survive the lynching. You have a calming effect on those around you, but as an imaginary creature you may be effected differently than others.
Oh, and did others have to say if they'd read the book and/or seen the movie?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”