Newbie 843 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Mr Finch »

evening all. Just confirming I'm here. I'm up to page 11 on catch-up and will be with you asap. Hopefully later this evening (8.45 pm now).
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Zachrulez wrote:Are you Tubby's replacement?
Yes, I am replacing Tubby. I would say I was replacing Sanjay too, but I don't even remember seeing a post from him/her!

MOD: Can we get an update on post number 1 to say who is in and out of this game? Can we also have a vote count please? Ta Muchly!

So, to business:

1. Confirm
Vote: Zachrulez

Why? As I was doing my mammoth read over the last hour and 45 minutes (my brain hurts!) I noted in post 381 that Ojanen called Zach for (as Zach puts it) "coasting".

Over the next god knows how many pages it's Zach V Ojanen. Ok, EC gets lynched day 2 (and I can see why!) but mysteriously Ojanen gets whacked N2. Hmm.

Next. Tubby was telling the truth. He was/I am cop.

I don't like Tubby's playstyle before the claim it seemed incredibly scummy to me and I would have voted him too! He
was
roleblocked N1. Looking at the setup this means we have 1 goon, 1 RB, 1 Doc, 1 Cop and 2 Town.

I accept that Manho is Doc. Did he claim mid-day 2 or late day 1? I can't remember and apparently I didn't make a note of it. I thought I had.

2. I can't see what town read Tubby got on Kyiv, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Starbuck/replacement* I am not so sure of. I didn't like the minimal explanation jump on tubby's vote for Zach at D3 start.

I will ask for an investigation tonight and If I am alive tomorrow then I'll let you know who the other scum is and yay us, town wins!

For now, I am stuck in a hotel in the centre of London, it's 2245 and I need some fresh air!

*I hope everything's ok for her.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Zachrulez wrote:But anyway, plz don't lynch me. I'll be good, I promise.

*Puppy dog eyes.*
And you should know better that appealing to emotion is a scumtell!
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Mr Finch »

So, that lynches Zach right?

Good!

If we're wrong do we lose? Why am I even asking that, we're right!

PE: Thanks! I'm not going anywhere until this game is done. I think you've had enough replacements and I think we're still waiting for two...
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:03 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Way to go on the staying power manho!

As I think we're in twilight, I don't really want to post too much more until we've heard from the MOD.

MoD - Con you confirm if Zach is dead and progress to the next stage please?

I realise it's a holiday weekend in the US by the way. :)
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Mr Finch »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Has someone PMed him or should I? No point in him getting a PM from each of us.

Go on I dare ya!
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Mr Finch »

As promised during Twilight, I investigated Starbuck.

Unfortunately I have not had a response to my investigation from the
MOD

Well, as we have one scum left, I can see no point in a non-kill night so my guess would be that Manho protected during the night.

If I were the scum I would have gone after the cop or the the doc. As we are both alive I reckon the scum went for me and Doc protected.

We'll wait to see what Manho says though.
>That's [i]Mister[/i] Finch to you, scum!
>I am not in America. GMT Rulez!
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Having looked again, the MOD hasn't even picked up my PMs. I have two sat in my outbox, one from 25 November (just after I replaced into the game) and then the night investigation.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:31 am

Post by Mr Finch »

With 5 alive, three to lynch, Starbuck's at L-1.

So, Paltry, Kyiv, Starbuck, manho and myself. We're just waiting to hear from manho on his night action and the MoD on my night action.

That said, If I haven't heard about my NA then I doubt that Manho has either.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:45 am

Post by Mr Finch »

By my calculation we have 3 weeks until deadline for a lynch. That takes us to around Dec 24 as the mod was late in opening the thread for day 4.

I see absolutely no reason for a quick lynch and really want to wait for manho and the mod before I make a decision.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Right, I have just heard the result of my night investigation and I got no result.

I think, therefore I was roleblocked and, as I'm still here then I was protected and the scum attempted to NK me too.

So, where does this leave us (trying to write this out for me to understand as much as anyone else!)?

4 town, 1 scum.

If we mislynch today then we're at 3 - 1. NK on 1 town, we're at 2 - 1.

Starbuck (potentially) today.
Night Kill - Town - Probably myself or Manho.
Day tomorrow - ?? Kyiv?

What do you reckon guys?
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by Mr Finch »

manho wrote:i think there is still a small chance that Mr Finch is scum.

PaltryExcuse should be cleared as there is no reason for scum to no-kill night 1.
i am also cleared as i can only be scum with mr finch, but now zach flip scum. mr finch confirm there is a roleblocker, so there exist a doc, that's me.

but it is still possible that mr finch is the last scum, knowing there is no roleblocker and the doc claimed, so there is no cop and it is safe to claim cop.
OK, I blinked and missed something here. Tubby Claimed Day 3 and claimed he also claimed he was roleblocked. I said "I think". I can't confirm whether there is an RB or not as I am cop, not scum.

It's entirely possible that scum went for no night kill, but that makes no sense to me. They want to get rid of as many town as possible, surely?

another thing is that why don't the scum roleblock me and kill mr finch, or roleblock mr finch and kill me?
That kind of confused me too.

Nobody counter claimed Tubby, myself or manho as doc or cop. If we have a doc and cop there must also be a roleblocker.

My scenario posted in 724 made no sense according to Kyiv and manho. Therefore, did the scum really go for no NK?

I know this is a huge WIFOM situation and again I am typing this out to try and get it straight in my head.

Starbuck is still at L-1 with Paltry and Kyiv both voting her. The choice today has to be one of these two.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:The Mafia Roleblocker PM (see the first page) spells out that scum are only allowed to do one or the other if the RBer is the last scum left.
Thanks Vel, I missed that bit in the first post and I promise I did go look guys!

So, Kyiv, What did you discuss with Zach before we lynched him?
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:07 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Answer my question and I will answer yours.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Mr Finch »

@paltry Yes, I know. :)

No Kyiv, I have not made a decision yet. I am leaning towards Starbuck at the moment though.

BTW
@MOD: I am playing Sanjay's role. Thanks for taking over and keeping the game ticking.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:34 pm

Post by Mr Finch »

Posts 718 and 731 from Kyiv make me happier that she is pro-town. I agree with manho that Starbuck is scummy.

I also agree with this:
kyiv wrote:In D3, Zach is asked for his possible second scum suspect. He chooses Me and Starbuck, much like Tubby. He posts a couple sentences on Starbuck, then lays out a huge case on me. And then he flips scum... if you were scum and you were about to die, who would you put a stronger case for, your partner? Hardly.
Vote: starbuck

I know I said longer days are better, but this feels right and I think you (as well as me) will be glad to see the end of this game.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Have you guys ever heard of Pineapple Goggles? For me it's a quote from a web comic called CTRL+ALT+DEL:
For seven seconds each day my brain cells align and provide me with a focus and certainty of knowledge that borders on prophetic wisdom
That's exactly what I had when I dropped the hammer this afternoon. I then spent up to a few minutes ago panicking and getting all WIFOMY with myself about whether I'd done the right thing.

Thankfully it turned out to be the right thing.

I can't pretend to take any credit for the win, I hadn't realised about the whole RB Vs NK thing going into the final day and didn't even notice the bits that Paltry called me on.

I had read the first 10 pages of the game before hohum even announced for replaements and I must admit that I would have gone for Tuuby too. Didn't get anything from Zach in what I first read and by the time I got to post Tubby had already revealed that he was Cop, which I knew from my role PM.

I am glad that we could complete this game though, I hope everything's ok for Hohum - I know that he had a number of gmes he was modding. For what it's worth, my PMs to him about the cop role and my night investigation are still sat in my outbox. I'd asked the mod for the history of Tubby's investigations too.

Huge thanks to Vel for stepping in and keeping us going.

The only thing that confused me was how manho could suggest I was scummy even after he'd protected me.

Starbuck - my apologies for not giving you the chance to respond. I hadn't taken in Platry's final game post (although I had read it) and just went for it.

I think the major problem with this game was the number of replacements the game had to deal with, it made it very difficult to try and keep up with who was whom.

As for Sanjay, I thought when I replaced that you had flaked without even posting so I apologise for thinking the worst of you!

Kyiv - It was a throw away line to see how you'd react, Paltry called me on it almost immediately!

I hope to play with some or all of you again in the future!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”