Open 189~Trouble@Warren State Mental Hosp (Over)

Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

/confirm
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Sorry about missing out on the first couple of pages, time to start posting:

vote: vi

Easiest name to type, plus I feel Xdaamno needs some support, not more votes.

I see that the majority of you all seem to know each other quite well. As such i am hoping that you don't all have pre-game prejudiced when playing. Maybe xdaamno is scum looking at his posts where he's afraid to come across as scummy, but town can have that worry too. Could maybe those of you who know him best explain whether or not this is typical behaviour for him? Only when i see more posts or good explanations from other players will i consider changing my vote. Please jdodge, if you will, can you tell me what good we would get out of xdaamno's lynch, as in obvscum lynch, iioa lynch, etc?
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

I don't have a definite idea no, but then again we are only 5 pages in. I wish I were that good though lol.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Vi wrote:EBWOP: If your vote on me is more for the short-name factor than for the unspoken Xdefensemno, then you're saying that the best you can do for finding scum after one hundred posts is a random vote, which means you don't have enough of an opinion on anyone to put down a reasoned vote... which I would find as suspect, as each player has offered a response to the Xdaamno wagon along with their reasoning.
Just look at it like this.

I realised I forgot to put this game on my watched topics list, and stumbled across it while searching for another game. I hastily went into the game, and noticing a couple of names on the page before posting, I RVS voted the name that was easiest to remember and spell. I also read hastily the last bits of the game to get an idea of who is suspect, and to be honest I don't see that great of a case on Xdammno. I don't wish to be opportunistic and just come straight out of the gate with another vote on him. I need to see some definite cases before I make that move. Meta just doesn't cut it.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Qooq wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Cat, tajo, Qoog, Otto, and anyone else who hasn't really commented, what do you think of the daamno wagon?
I’ll be completely honest, this game has been pretty hard to follow because I am not sure how much is serious and how much isn’t. I’m not used this sort of pace. Correct me if I’m wrong but the Xdaamno wagon started with this:
Vi wrote:
Xdaamno 19 wrote:/checks in
We're lynching you. Discuss.
I guess it’s hard for me to understand that you can you can get a really accurate read off someone by starting a discussion like this. It seems to me like an abstract question is going to get an abstract answer (that is the way I read Vi’s remark, an abstract way to try and scumhunt). I guess I just don’t see the logic in attaching a lot of meaning to the response. Of course you can try to catch someone in their words and make them squirm later on, but where did the line of questioning begin?

Right now I’d like to reserve judgment on Xdaamno. Post 60 obviously concerns me because I agree with Vi's logic about it (post 68), but I’m not convinced he’s scummy yet. I’m reading Vi town right now though, if it means anything.
This post right here sums up my feelings on the subject as well.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Tajo: I have played at least 20-30 games on this site to date, and that's just this site.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Cat wrote:
Otto Ulbreicht: What has Xdaamno done that would make you want to support? I'm not saying stuff like that isn't out there but I sure do want to see it if it is. (<--ew nasty four 2-letter words that start with "i" in a row...)
The support is mainly me not voting for him. I understand where xdaamno is coming from. A plan to try to lynch him before the game even starts unfolds, and then he's gotta try to carefully word his phrases so that he doesn't encourage some of the stupid players [possibly like myself], from jumping onto his BW for the lulz. I will admit a couple of his posts are a littlesuspect in wording, but from a town perspective I can just see it as aguy who simply wants to live, and rather not go out via the bs wagon that's been made. I can guarantee that if xdaamno is not scum, there is definitely one scum on it right now.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Vi wrote: Further, Mafia is
not a game of logic
and it is scummy to try to frame it as one.
I have to disagree with this. I have won quite a few mafia games in the endgame stage using just pure logic. Having the right amount of knowledge of roles and plotting out all of the possible scenarios helps narrow down stupid decisions considerably.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

VP Baltar wrote:
Otto Ulbreicht wrote:Tajo: I have played at least 20-30 games on this site to date, and that's just this site.
So, are you intentionally playing aloof as part of your alt? If you don't care about revealing who you are, I'd be interested to know what your main account is.
I bet if I revealed myself, I'd have two automatic votes on me, just for being me :P

I'll think about it, for now I'm just gonna play the game.

VP: Let's assume xdaamno is town for the moment. Let's also assume vi is town too. Do you think there is any chance at all of scum trying to push a competing BW for the sake of confusion, or should we be analyzing the xdaamno BW? It's just that I notice a small group of people [mainly the scumchatters] hitting xdaamno hard, while the others seem to be in their own flurry of people hunting.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Are you always this bad with linguistics Xdaamno? You're tripping up worse than a drunken cripple. It's making me start to wonder about you.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

VP Baltar wrote:I'll do it for you. No way an experienced scumhunter should be looking at playstyle and semantics as legitimate reasons for a lynch.

Unvote, Vote: Otto
Overreact much? Nowhere at all did I say anything about lynching or even voting Xdaamno, I just don't feel he's worth defending if he constantly has to go back and explain what he meant or reword his statements because he is afraid of them looking scummy. It doesn't mean that my vote is just magically gonna go on him, I still don't think he's scum as of yet, but I'm curious to why you felt the sudden need to attack me, becasue the above quote doesn't cut it as it isn't accurate.

I simply made an offhand comment stating that I'm noting that he stumbles on what he means to say alot. I have no idea if this is normal, so I asked him.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:57 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Vi wrote:
Otto Ulbreicht 191 wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:I'll do it for you. No way an experienced scumhunter should be looking at playstyle and semantics as legitimate reasons for a lynch.

Overreact much? Nowhere at all did I say anything about lynching or even voting Xdaamno, I just don't feel he's worth defending if he constantly has to go back and explain what he meant or reword his statements because he is afraid of them looking scummy. It doesn't mean that my vote is just magically gonna go on him, I still don't think he's scum as of yet, but I'm curious to why you felt the sudden need to attack me, becasue the above quote doesn't cut it as it isn't accurate.

I simply made an offhand comment stating that I'm noting that he stumbles on what he means to say alot. I have no idea if this is normal, so I asked him.
you're

not

scumhunting
Apologies if you feel that way. I'm currently in exam week so my efforts are not as great as they would be otherwise.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

VP Baltar wrote:
Otto wrote:
It doesn't mean that my vote is just magically gonna go on him, I still don't think he's scum as of yet
, but I'm curious to why you felt the sudden need to attack me, becasue the above quote doesn't cut it as it isn't accurate.
^This highlights exactly why you are scum. You're essentially outlining how you plan to question daamno and gradually switch your vote to him after you were against it initially.
Lol, nice try. Way to grasp at straws here.

Let me spell it out for you, as your mind doesn't seem capable by itself to grasp simple concepts:

I have no reason to believe Xdaamno is scum right now, so my vote is not going on him.

I am asking about his linguistics so I have an idea of how he is going to play vs. other people's claim on his meta (cayke and vi)

Opinions are not set in stone. If the game progresses to a point where I believe he is scum, I will vote for him. For me, that time is nowhere in the near future. If I had claimed the opposite and said I'd never vote for him, you'd attack me as scum for the exact opposite reason, so you can't have it both ways.

Overall, if you put it together, I asked him for an idea of what to expect in his posts, as he always seems to be rewording everything he says. If he claim's that's typical, I will then hold onto that piece of knowledge, as well as the scumchatter's claims of it being a sign of him crumbling under pressure, and weigh the two as the game progresses. He claims that it isn't however, so it has me pondering why he has had to do so. It doesn't come off as scummy yet, because I can understand where the pressure came from in the first place. I too would hate it if a mafia cliche just decided to stick together and chose me ahead of time to lynch.

Can you understand where I'm coming from now?
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Vi wrote:
Otto Ulbreicht 194 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Otto Ulbreicht 191 wrote:

you're

not

scumhunting
Apologies if you feel that way. I'm currently in exam week so my efforts are not as great as they would be otherwise.
and if this were a particularly complicated game or if last week was exam week too or if it looked like you were pressed for time at all i would feel maybe a little sympathetic

Unvote: Cayke
Vote: Otto U.
(L-5)
This vote baffles me. Ever consider maybe I have an exam in the next couple of hours?
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

I just ISOed you, and you have maybe 4-5 posts that are scumhunting. I am not too worried about being too far behind in the scumhunting race :roll:
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

VP Baltar wrote:Let me rephrase this in a way that may be more effective for this game:

Otto Ulbreicht quicklynch. Gogogogogogo
I can guarantee you right now that will have the opposite effect in terms of effectiveness.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

VP Baltar wrote:I don't think you know who you're dealing with this game.
I am very aware, and have had great pleasure having you as a co-town in the past. I just think you're being very idiotic in your own scumhunting. Your current reason for calling me scum is based on something that never occured. I respect Vi's vote more than yours, because it's simply more of an encouragement to scumhunt more and I respect Vi for that and will respect Vi's wishes...eventually. For now I need to put more priority on this exam. I promise that when I have completed the exam and I return, I shall do a full sweep of the game and give my opinions and thoughts on everyone and everything to date. If you wish to leave any questions for me to answer between now and when I get back, I shall be more than happy to answer them.

Return to “Completed Open Games”